Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44

Thread: Alternate Chloe is lying about car crash *spoilers*

  1. #1

    Alternate Chloe is lying about car crash *spoilers*

    About car accident Chloe stated this:



    But it's can't be true. Here is how Chloe's crushed car looked like:



    Clearly enough, her's car isn't in a ditch. It's on the road. So, we must conclude that Chloe is lying. But why?

    I think we actually have an answer.



    So... maybe i was wrong about this game?

    Or we just have yet another inconsistency here.
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 9th Aug 2015 at 22:36.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    Indeed you've found what appears to be mismatch in the game however a rather sketchy photo of the crash is not enough to conclude that she was lying.

    Sure you can see the car is partially on a roadway but as you would know when a car travels at speed where they end up after an accident is not necessarily anywhere near the original collision location. The car might have gone off the road in to a ditch and ended up back on the roadway. It could have crossed from one road down in to a ditch and ended up on the wrong side of the road. She may have been thrown from the car and ended up in the ditch.

    You are possibly right however about her lying about someone cutting her off. She could have done it all on her own. Or maybe she cut someone else off.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    Sure you can see the car is partially on a roadway
    But it is not partially on a roadway. We can clearly see a line of separation (or how do you say it english?) It is on a middle of a roadway.
    The car might have gone off the road in to a ditch and ended up back on the roadway.
    i can not even imagine this trip.
    She may have been thrown from the car and ended up in the ditch.
    Although it is not completely impossible, wouldn't it be much more suitable if she said some like "He made me flew out of my car". Clearly, if one flew out of their car, they rather reported that, but not where they landed.

    And also, we have frontal impact here, but frontal glass is not broken. And with frontal hit there is no other way to be thrown out of car.

    And also, if we use google search "sent into a ditch" we wouldn't find any pictures similar to this one.

    and so, i see only 3 possibilities on that matter.

    - Chloe is lying.
    - Chloe is mistaken.
    - There is an inconstancy.

    You are possibly right however about her lying about someone cutting her off. She could have done it all on her own. Or maybe she cut someone else off.
    Well, i hope so. Maybe this game not that bad after all.
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 10th Aug 2015 at 00:11.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    there is only one truth here which is simply that there is not enough information to conclude anything. You are trying to fill too many blanks. There is a forth possibility and that is

    - your perception of the crash is wrong based on what you know.

    Chloe may not be lying or mistaken and that photo could certainly be of a car that went through a ditch. If you watch enough crash videos you will see that odd things happen to cars, people and people in cars that you would never guess if you hadnt seen it with your own eyes.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    If you watch enough crash videos you will see that odd things happen to cars, people and people in cars that you would never guess if you hadnt seen it with your own eyes.
    Well, if you have a video, where car went to a ditch and then returned to a middle of a road - please, share. Yes, i indeed do not believe that this is even possible. Sounds like a pinball game to me.

    Furthermore, what possible reason authors had to make things this complicated? I see only two possibilities.

    -They simply did not give much attention to this detail. With this, we have an inconsistency.

    -They wanted to point something out.

    And i see no purpose in pointing out that Chloe's car had very complex trajectory after crash. I even see no reason for them to come up with complex trajectory. It went in a ditch then it went in a ditch, what is wrong with that?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    The right door is still dented. Ergo, she got pushed off the road, wound up in a ditch, and maybe hit a tree or something.

    The fact that the car not in the ditch means nothing by itself: they pulled the car out first, to rescue Chloe, then took some pictures for the insurance and all.
    signature image

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    And no, Chloe can't possibly be lying about this. She heard her spine snap, and that was the last thing she felt in her body. Since she's using a respirator, she likely needed very immediate life-support, so was in no condition, whats-o-frikkin'-ever, to stage anything. The cops came, along with the ambulance, the scene got meticulously documented and photographed, reports were made up, and there's hella no way Chloe could have gotten a lie in edge-wise, even if she wanted to.
    signature image

  8. #8
    The fact that the car not in the ditch means nothing by itself
    It means everything actually. Who would left evacuated car on the middle of the road? And do you see wire-tracks near its wheels? It, without shadow of doubt, indicates that car stoped in that very position.
    Since she's using a respirator, she likely needed very immediate life-support, so was in no condition, whats-o-frikkin'-ever, to stage anything.
    Eeeeee. O_o

    I am never implied that she staged anything. It is not about something like that at all.

    She simply didn't want to admit to herself that car crash was in fact her own fault and she have no one to be blamed for that. And that fits her character just perfectly, does it not?

    "I gotta blame someone. Otherwise it's all my fault"
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 10th Aug 2015 at 08:35.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    While its an interesting topic. I think its a dead end and not worth the analysis and attention its receiving. I doubt there was any thought in the developers minds that this aspect of the story would be scrutinised and was merely a link in the story chain albeit a weak link in some players minds.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    While its an interesting topic. I think its a dead end and not worth the analysis and attention its receiving. I doubt there was any thought in the developers minds that this aspect of the story would be scrutinised and was merely a link in the story chain albeit a weak link in some players minds.
    And thus, we have an inconsistency, right? Saying that car was sent into a ditch and then showing it on the middle of a road... Well, it is kind of lame.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    I dont agree. Your comparison of car accidents with a game of pinball is correct. Cars end up in odd places, even if that means back on the road. There is dirt and dust on the road suggesting it was offroad at some point before its final resting place.

  12. #12
    Cars end up in odd places, even if that means back on the road.
    Well, care to share? If if's too shocking you can use pm.
    There is dirt and dust on the road
    Where you saw any dirt? There is none!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    Im not going to hunt down crash vids to strengthen my case simply because I take no pleasure in watching them. but they are easy to find around the web. Live leak will provide you with enough research material.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    Im not going to hunt down crash vids to strengthen my case simply because I take no pleasure in watching them. but they are easy to find around the web. Live leak will provide you with enough research material.
    It was you who made an impossible claim, not me.

    And, clearly, you understand that non-existence of something is impossible to prove.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    I respect that you have strong feelings on this topic. However you cant state outright that my 'claim' is impossible because a) you can't imagine it and b) i choose not to spend time qualifying it with video proof.

    Everything is probable; just to varying degrees.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    And, clearly, you understand that non-existence of something is impossible to prove.
    show me the video of Chloes accident and I will stand corrected.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    Moreover, sometimes you have to accept that what your told has integrity. Alternative Chloe may not be as deceitful as original Chloe so its reasonable to assume she is telling the truth given her circumstances.

    And its no mystery that you have a strong dislike for Chloe so your view may be skewed by this.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Why couldn't a tow truck get Chloe's car back on the road?
    Last edited by Tataboj; 10th Aug 2015 at 12:37.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Why wouldn't a tow truck get Chloe's car back on the road?
    My thoughts exactly.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    However you cant state outright that my 'claim' is impossible because a) you can't imagine it and b) i choose not to spend time qualifying it with video proof.
    It is impossible simply because it's denies some basic laws of physics. And i was a physics teacher, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    show me the video of Chloes accident and I will stand corrected.
    There is no such video. But i think what we have now is more that enough to make a pretty solid conclusion. There is literally no way that Chloe's car was sent into a ditch. This photo states this beyond any reasonable doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    Moreover, sometimes you have to accept that what your told has integrity.
    Why i have to accept something if i have some facts that clearly states otherwise?

    And i can address the exact same thing to you, you know. From my understanding it is you who deny some pretty clear and solid facts and overcomplicate matter with no apparent reason.

    I can accept inconsistency though. I am completely okay with that. After all, we have more that enough of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Why couldn't a tow truck get Chloe's car back on the road?
    It makes no sense by car position and wire tracks on a road.
    Who would left evacuated car on the middle of the road? And do you see wire-tracks near its wheels? It, without shadow of doubt, indicates that car stoped in that very position.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    We must be on different wave lengths or something because our conversation isnt progressing as it should when two people are talking about the same thing.

    Its great that you were a physics teacher so you would know that a fast moving object will rebound off immovable objects and change tragectory. Depending on the orientation of the road or adjacent roads to the ditch in question which itself could be either deep or shallow. It is plausible that a vehicle could leave a road enter a ditch rebound off a surface and return to the road albeit further up yhe road than where it left it.

    Or alternatively, leave the road go down one side of a ditch collide and push through an object like a tree and end up on another road either running parallel-to or at right angles- to the original road from which the car came from.

    To say that the photo shows that the car was never in a ditch beyond reasonable doubt is naive. It could very well have been dragged up on to the road by a tow truck. You dont know that the wheels arent jammed and left marks as they were dragged. You cant see the whole scenario except for a narrow image of the car. There is no way that there is enough evidence in a photo at that angle at night to make such statements.

    I know you cant show me the video because i know it doesnt exist which means you cant prove that there isnt a ditch nearby or where the car left the road, what it ran in to, what emergency vehicles are there, what they did, what happened to the other car, what the condition of the road was like, what speed they were doing.

    There is so much more in what we dont know than what that sketchy photo tells us.

    So the only thing beyond reasable doubt is that neither you nor I or any other player has any idea how the accident unfolded in those moments. Except for the words of Chloe to her trusted friend. She was cut off. She ended up in a ditch. Max is one of the only people we know Chloe can be herself around so I have to believe that what she tells Max has truth.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163

    I can say without reasonable doubt that helicopters have been made so small that we now use them to rescue stranded bugs on cups.

    I can say that with confidence and believe it if I choose to ignore other information i cant see or am naive to.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    I can say without reasonable doubt that helicopters have been made so small that we now use them to rescue stranded bugs on cups.
    ^^ You'll love this then.

    http://thegouldenway.deviantart.com/...Away-548623369

    EDIT: Seems like someone, not me, edited the image out.
    Last edited by meimeiriver; 10th Aug 2015 at 14:20.
    signature image

  24. #24
    Its great that you were a physics teacher so you would know that a fast moving object will rebound off immovable objects and change tragectory. Depending on the orientation of the road or adjacent roads to the ditch in question which itself could be either deep or shallow. It is plausible that a vehicle could leave a road enter a ditch rebound off a surface and return to the road albeit further up yhe road than where it left it.
    em... nope.
    There is so much more in what we dont know than what that sketchy photo tells us.
    No. you don't know. Because it would be rather unpleasant. Sounds like someone you know?
    She was cut off. She ended up in a ditch. Max is one of the only people we know Chloe can be herself around so I have to believe that what she tells Max has truth.
    About being naive, lol.

  25. #25
    I think I have the answer to all of this. The photo is WILLIAM's car...not Chloe's. We see this photo after Max goes back in time again to let him die (a second time).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •