Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jefferson is a hero theory *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    According to this theory Jefferson is not a bad guy. No, far from it: he is a hero who successfully saved the world.

But first a little premise here.

Premise

1. The cause for disaster.

There is a popular theory out there that Chloe Price is destined to die. I thought is goes like this: if someone who originally was meant to die was saved by time travel it would cause the world to collapse in five days. But it turned out to be wrong: William was saved by time travel which caused no disaster.
    Basicly it could means two thing:

-Disaster wasn't cause by Maxine power in a first place and would happen anyway.

-Chloe Price and Chloe Price alone must die for world to go on. Any other person can be saved by time travel besides Chloe Price. If Chloe Price would not die prior to specific date the world would end.

The first possibility does not worse than second in any way but for sake of my theory I would stick with second possibility for now. For first possibility this theory makes no sense.

2. Jefferson's agenda

We have in our hand the group of three (at least) people: Sean, Nathan and Mark. Every of this three people have their specific role:

-Shaun gives his money for this project.

-Mark performs an act itself.

-Nathan provides a perfect cover for kidnappings – the vortex club parties.

The work of three people, a crazy load of cash (about 1400000$!) and risk to be caught – only to develop some dirty photos? They could not show those pictures to anyone. Those pictures could not be sold for a good price – because there is nothing so special about them. With this amount of money one could develop photo like that on completely legal basis. You could just pay someone for being drugged.

Honestly, I do not buy it. There must be some good reason for all of this.

Theory itself.

There is a person (I labeled them as “Lamb”) who must be dead prior to specific date for world to survive. It is not clear either this person “marked for dead” or not, but their death is absolutely necessary. There is another person (I labeled them as Time Traveler) who could save the Lamb at some point causing the disaster.

And there a group of people (I labeled them as Keepers) who's goal is not let disaster to happen by any means necessary. By killing the Lamb and stoping Time Traveler for save them again.

In our case I think that Keepers exist for quite some time. This group, lead by Prescott family, successfully stoped disaster several times before. And now it is happening yet again.

With Maxine being a Time Traveler and Chloe being the Lamb. And there are three known Keepers: Mark, Sean and Nathan.

Keepers aware of gender and age of the Lamb and the Time Traveler but they know nothing else. The Lamb by themself have no specific qualities. But Time Traveler have. And thus, Keepers goal is to track Time Traveler down.

And so, those strange photos made not for artistic purpose. It is some kind of experiment that allows to test person time travel abilities. After all, we know as a fact that photo of time traveler have some special qualities about it. What if there is a way for another person to see it? And they have some toxin to disable one's time travel abilities.

But one member of the group started to break down. Nathan is simply to young for so much pressure. Most likely it started after death of Rachel Amber. She was killed by mistake, by accident or she was yet another Time Traveler.

Remember when Chloe made a step on the road that leads to her death the second moon was disappeared, indicating that world was started to return back to normal. And Jefferson is aware of coming disaster. And we must conclude that Jefferson performed an action that made the world go back to normal. And he have some anti time travel toxin on him.

Yes, it is differently looks that way: a person who aware of disaster performed an action that made disaster fade away. Maybe it was his goal all along?

The Keeper had successfully achieved his goal by killing the Lamb and capturing the Time Traveler. He is a hero who save the world.

The ending of episode 4 is actually a good ending.

Variation

There is a variation of this theory: the goal of their group is indeed capture a Time Traveler but not for a good cause.

Alternate Maxine in the Dark Room

There is some clues that makes me think that alternate Maxine can be a member of their group.

And so in alternative reality we also have one of the Keepers who successfully killed the Lamb.
    Did somebody just watch Donnie Darko for the first time? Because this 'theory' seems to almost mimick the movie's story entirely, and there's almost nothing in the game to support it - outside of the idea that Chloe might be doomed from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehjul View Post
    Did somebody just watch Donnie Darko for the first time? Because this 'theory' seems to almost mimick the movie's story entirely.
    This game mimics Donnie Darko's story even without this theory, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    This game mimics Donnie Darko's story even without this theory, you know.
    Not in any way conceivable. Donnie couldn't willfully move back and forth through time; Donnie assumed several additional powers throughout his story, the most prominent of which being gifted the vision to see people's fate. The only time Donnie exhibits any time-turning abilities is during the movie's final portions, and that isn't him turning back time - it's the universe being set right. There are literally no similarities between this game and Donnie Darko outside of the aspects of time and the idea of alternate realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehjul View Post
    Not in any way conceivable. Donnie couldn't willfully move back and forth through time; Donnie assumed several additional powers throughout his story, the most prominent of which being gifted the vision to see people's fate. The only time Donnie exhibits any time-turning abilities is during the movie's final portions, and that isn't him turning back time - it's the universe being set right. There are literally no similarities between this game and Donnie Darko outside of the aspects of time and the idea of alternate realities.
    I'm not talking about Donnie's abilities but about story itself, but whatever...
    there's almost nothing in the game to support it
    Why, this theory have plenty of points, but, again, whatever...

And yet another video on this matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDqhaXdzMak

And it actually have a link on this topic. Woo Hooo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12