Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 97

Thread: The Nathan is dead theory. For and against.

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    And Shaun have the exact same one?



    We only saw to of them. So it is impossible to make any conclusion here.
    True. I forgot about the other thousands.

    Lately, I've been leaning on a Native American Puishmnent theory. The Prescott's are destroying scared Native American grounds and, as a result, some ancient force is punishing them for doing it, and AB for allowing it to happen. The storm is the "final act" and is meant to destroy AB and its residents for doing nothing about the Prescott problem. The reason why Max sees a lighthouse in her vision may mean that it holds some significant to the Native Americans and could be a safe haven.

    This comes after watching some of Geek Remix's gameplay (and to Onmens who brought the theory about the NA and Max getting her powers from Tobanga.)
    Last edited by StrangerThanFiction; 5th Aug 2015 at 19:35. Reason: Giving credit to where it's due.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    True. I forgot about the other thousands.

    Lately, I've been leaning on a Native American Puishmnent theory. The Prescott's are destroying scared Native American grounds and, as a result, some ancient force is punishing them for doing it, and AB for allowing it to happen. The storm is the "final act" and is meant to destroy AB and its residents for doing nothing about the Prescott problem. The reason why Max sees a lighthouse in her vision may mean that it holds some significant to the Native Americans and could be a safe haven.

    This comes after watching some of Geek Remix's gameplay (and to Onmens who brought the theory about the NA and Max getting her powers from Tobanga.)
    Well, it actually might be true, but it is just sooooo booooring.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    True. I forgot about the other thousands.

    Lately, I've been leaning on a Native American Puishmnent theory. The Prescott's are destroying scared Native American grounds and, as a result, some ancient force is punishing them for doing it, and AB for allowing it to happen. The storm is the "final act" and is meant to destroy AB and its residents for doing nothing about the Prescott problem. The reason why Max sees a lighthouse in her vision may mean that it holds some significant to the Native Americans and could be a safe haven.

    This comes after watching some of Geek Remix's gameplay (and to Onmens who brought the theory about the NA and Max getting her powers from Tobanga.)
    Well, to be honest, I don't like this theory. It seems too cliché and doesn't fit the story and overall atmosphere of the game.

  4. #54
    One quick thing I never saw appearing in any thread or whatsoever (probably overread that), Nathan reacts positively surprised when he mistakes Max with Rachel because of her clothes in the Two Whales.
    This could support this theory or indicate that Nathan didn't want to kill Rachel. But why is he posing like that on the photo then? Ok, he may be dosed and didn't think she was dead. Or maybe he didn't realise what he has done at the moment.
    And when I saw that he didn't want to kill her, that could either mean he's more empathic than we thought, or that the whole missing person case is trouble (of course lol).
    Anyways, I got kinda off-topic.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    I do somewhat suspect that Nathan was the one Rachel discovered from episode one. And that for the first time Nathan had someone he had a genuine connection with. After her death is when Nathans behaviour got worse.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by melancholy_princess View Post
    One quick thing I never saw appearing in any thread or whatsoever (probably overread that), Nathan reacts positively surprised when he mistakes Max with Rachel because of her clothes in the Two Whales.

    This could support this theory or indicate that Nathan didn't want to kill Rachel.
    I chose not to mention it because it can be interpreted in two different ways:
    1- He was surprised to see her because she was missing so long.
    2- He was surprised to see her because he thought she was dead.

    But why is he posing like that on the photo then? Ok, he may be dosed and didn't think she was dead. Or maybe he didn't realise what he has done at the moment.
    And when I saw that he didn't want to kill her, that could either mean he's more empathic than we thought, or that the whole missing person case is trouble (of course lol).
    I think dosed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    I do somewhat suspect that Nathan was the one Rachel discovered from episode one. And that for the first time Nathan had someone he had a genuine connection with. After her death is when Nathans behaviour got worse.
    Possible but I think it more likely she had the connection with Mr Jefferson. I heard it from a reliable source
    But its possible Nathan could have had a connection with her even if she didn't feel it back.
    Last edited by LordBattleBeard; 6th Aug 2015 at 02:15.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
    Possible but I think it more likely she had the connection with Mr Jefferson. I heard it from a reliable source
    But its possible Nathan could have had a connection with her even if she didn't feel it back.
    Thats right. I forgot about that gossip.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Update: I made a video of video of basically the theory as described in this thread.
    This is the first video I've produced/edited so don't be expecting a Warner Bros production

    Last edited by LordBattleBeard; 6th Aug 2015 at 04:32.

  9. #59
    Nice video, but im stil think she was dead over 6 months. BUT ok maybe rachel is alive somewhere and then body was Nathan. and girl only ripe plastic, smell was too strong.
    in be interesting in end, know who (from forum) has right

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by ByouRei View Post
    Nice video, but im stil think she was dead over 6 months. BUT ok maybe rachel is alive somewhere and then body was Nathan. and girl only ripe plastic, smell was too strong.
    Thanks
    in be interesting in end, know who (from forum) has right
    Indeed. Thats half the fun!

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
    Indeed. Thats half the fun!
    So my brain being broke after making up theories is fun for you?!

    It's possible that he could be dead. [But why go through the trouble?] The last thing anyone saw him was after he went into his dorm. (He could have locked himself up in there. Then again, the jacket...THE JACKET. ]

  12. #62
    Actually after watching this video a i have to conclude that this theory is false. Sorry, but i see no way around it.

    The very basis of you theory is that black bag was replaced with something blue. But it is just s matter of lighting and nothing more. Maxine and Chloe went to junk yard at night to make sure that Rachel's body was not tampered with. If they checked and saw that black bag was replaced with blue fabric they would be alarmed by this fact.

    And yet, after they did some digging they clearly state this: "She is still there". This means that picture that they saw was the same as before.

    And so, you theory is suggesting that two people can not tell the difference between black plastic bag and blue fabric at the point-black range. They could even feel this difference by their hands while digging. Sorry, but this is impossible.

  13. #63
    I'm not sure if Nathan is alive or not. I do think it was weird that he wasn't at the party, but I think that he is at the bunker. Maybe drugged or waiting for Jefferson to bring him another "subject". After all, Nathan WAS beat up pretty good. Even if you stopped Warren, Nathan had a good beating. Maybe he is too proud to attend.

    While on the subject of Nathan getting his butt kicked, his reaction after Warren was finished was that of an abused child. Crawled up in the fetal position, begging for him to stop. I think Nathan puts on this tough guy image but it is really a mask for deep psychological trauma. We know that he self medicates, but I think that he takes drugs and has these psychological problems because he is abused physically and mentally from the hands of his father. Jefferson sees that vulnerability and uses him to be his apprentice.

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Squinn1201 View Post
    I'm not sure if Nathan is alive or not. I do think it was weird that he wasn't at the party, but I think that he is at the bunker. Maybe drugged or waiting for Jefferson to bring him another "subject". After all, Nathan WAS beat up pretty good. Even if you stopped Warren, Nathan had a good beating. Maybe he is too proud to attend.

    While on the subject of Nathan getting his butt kicked, his reaction after Warren was finished was that of an abused child. Crawled up in the fetal position, begging for him to stop. I think Nathan puts on this tough guy image but it is really a mask for deep psychological trauma. We know that he self medicates, but I think that he takes drugs and has these psychological problems because he is abused physically and mentally from the hands of his father. Jefferson sees that vulnerability and uses him to be his apprentice.
    If you snoop around the dark room, you will see a letter from a Dr. Jacobey stating that Nathan has some serious deep seeded issues, but Sean doesn't want to do anything about it. Mental issues + Serious Meds with as equally serious side effects = More easy to manipulate.

  15. #65
    Yes, I saw that. That's what made me suspect abuse.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Squinn1201 View Post
    Yes, I saw that. That's what made me suspect abuse.
    We do have a lot of evidence leaning toward abuse (emotional and psychological). I think now it's more of; to what degree.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    So my brain being broke after making up theories is fun for you?!

    It's possible that he could be dead. [But why go through the trouble?] The last thing anyone saw him was after he went into his dorm. (He could have locked himself up in there. Then again, the jacket...THE JACKET. ]


    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    The very basis of you theory is that black bag was replaced with something blue.
    The very basis of this theory is everything mentioned, not one thing

    But it is just s matter of lighting and nothing more.
    The white strip going down the middle is clearly absent in the first unearthing and present the second time. It's more than a case of just black vs blue so can't simply be put down to lighting for this very reason.

    Maxine and Chloe went to junk yard at night to make sure that Rachel's body was not tampered with. If they checked and saw that black bag was replaced with blue fabric they would be alarmed by this fact.

    And yet, after they did some digging they clearly state this: "She is still there". This means that picture that they saw was the same as before.
    Max said "Chloe don't look!" after checking the second time. They had already looked earlier that day. Maybe Max noticed? we don't know because she backed away and was dosed right after saying that.
    Chloe was still inspecting the body (what was she checking for again?) when Max gave her the warning to look out. She was shot before having a chance to say anything else.
    In fact, now I'm kind of peeved with myself for not mentioning this in support of the theory before

    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    If you snoop around the dark room, you will see a letter from a Dr. Jacobey stating that Nathan has some serious deep seeded issues, but Sean doesn't want to do anything about it. Mental issues + Serious Meds with as equally serious side effects = More easy to manipulate.
    Indeed there is no doubt of Nathan being manipulated, at least not in my mind. With all we know, I take this as a given.

    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    We do have a lot of evidence leaning toward abuse (emotional and psychological). I think now it's more of; to what degree.
    Very true.
    Last edited by LordBattleBeard; 6th Aug 2015 at 17:10.

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post

    The very basis of this theory is everything mentioned, not one thing
    There is common saying among Russian policemen: "net tela, net dela" with could be translated as "If there is no body there is no case"
    Max said "Chloe don't look!" after checking the second time. They had already looked earlier that day. Maybe Max noticed? we don't know because she backed away and was dosed right after saying that.
    Chloe was still inspecting the body (what was she checking for again?) when Max gave her the warning to look out. She was shot before having a chance to say anything else.
    It won't work. Aren't you forget what Chloe said prior to that?

    It is pretty much conformation made by Chloe herself that nothing is changed.
    Chloe was still inspecting the body (what was she checking for again?)
    And what makes you think that she is checking something but not just staring at it in a daze? It is a body of her best friend after all. There is nothing strange or unnatural about it for a change. She just sits there for a couple of seconds motionless.
    In fact, now I'm kind of peeved with myself for not mentioning this in support of the theory before
    It is can't support this theory in any way. I am afraid there is nothing left to support.
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 6th Aug 2015 at 17:55.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    There is common saying among Russian policemen: "net tela, net dela" with could be translated as "If there is no body there is no case"
    In much of the rest of the world convictions are brought even if there isn't a body.
    This theory doesn't hang on there having to be a body. There is enough to suggest Nathan could already be dead. But alas, I still think Nathan is buried there

    It won't work. Aren't you forget what Chloe said prior to that?
    It is pretty much conformation made by Chloe herself that nothing is changed.
    I didn't forget. She said this after seeing there was still a body in the ground for 2 seconds in the dark. I speculate that the mostly covered body she saw was Nathans.

    And what makes you think that she is checking something but not just staring at it in a daze? It is a body of her best friend after all. There is nothing strange or unnatural about it for a change. She just sits there for a couple of seconds motionless.
    Until episode 5 is release, all we can do is speculate based on what we see.

    It is can't support this theory in any way. I am afraid there is nothing left to support.
    This is your view. Your entitled to form that judgement
    However, I see no reason put forth that would make me change my own.

  20. #70
    I didn't forget. She said this after seeing there was still a body in the ground for 2 seconds in the dark.
    So you can say it by looking on some blurry textures, but game character can't at point-blank range? Riiiiiight.
    Until episode 5 is release, all we can do is speculate based on what we see.
    Every speculation must have some limits. You going against testimonies of a game characters, against common sense, and against game chronology. It is just to much.
    This is your view.
    Of course. And i am right.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    So you can say it by looking on some blurry textures, but game character can't at point-blank range? Riiiiiight.

    Every speculation must have some limits. You going against testimonies of a game characters, against common sense, and against game chronology. It is just to much.

    Of course. And i am right.
    Ok

    ---

    Update: I made a video of video of basically the theory as described in this thread.
    This is the first video I've produced/edited so don't be expecting a Warner Bros production
    I need to buy a mic because god knows we need more British accents on YT


  22. #72

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by NayaBR View Post
    Good video. There are some interesting points there and some that I missed

  24. #74
    Someone said that the principal drinks scotch...i never saw Jefferson drink any alcohol... what do you guys think? Maybe he's in it with Jefferson and nathan's death and all

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post
    Darn, I just learned it can't be the Principal: he's spotted across the hallway, at the time of the call, not on the phone.
    It should be someone that wasnt there at that precise moment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •