Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: No connection

  1. #1

    No connection

    One of the most common assumption about "Life is strange" is that Maxine time travel abilities had caused the Armageddon. But it is not seems like it. At all.

    After all, when she saved William, there was not any consequences like that. The nature clearly did not cared if William is dead or alive.

    But there is more. In alternative really Maxine did not save Chloe. And yet, Armageddon was going to happen anyway.

    So, we must conclude, that Maxine powers have no direct connection to Armageddon and she wasn't the one who caused it.

    Or, we have some BIG inconsistency here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    No, you are wrong. If Max's powers cause the tornado and stuff, continuing using of her powers won't stop it. That's what the popular theory is all about - Max isn't supposed to use her power, so she must let Chloe die in the bathroom.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    No, you are wrong. If Max's powers cause the tornado and stuff, continuing using of her powers won't stop it. That's what the popular theory is all about - Max isn't supposed to use her power, so she must let Chloe die in the bathroom.
    Well, if saving someone causes the tornado in five days - why it worked with Chloe and didn't worked with William? Why saving William caused no tornado? And what caused it in alternative really?

    I see no legit answers for those questions.

    So, no, i am right.
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 4th Aug 2015 at 11:07.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Because Max still got the power in the age of 18, that is where it started all. Fact that she went 5 years back doesn't change anything. Plus in the past she was rewinding time only a little and since then she didn't have the power. But I don't think Max's rewinding time ability has major role in the tornado stuff. So stop please calling every little thing you don't know yet an inconsistency.

  5. #5
    Seems like everyone is right

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    So stop please calling every little thing you don't know yet an inconsistency.
    No, i won't stop it. And i have more to come.

    But I don't think Max's rewinding time ability has major role in the tornado stuff.
    Wait. And why are you disagreeing with me? Basicly i said the exact same thing.

    So, we must conclude, that Maxine powers have no direct connection to Armageddon and she wasn't the one who caused it.
    I did not say that we have an inconsistency here. I said that we have two possibilities - or Maxine powers have no direct connection to the tornado, OR we have an inconsistency.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    So stop please calling every little thing you don't know yet an inconsistency.
    ^^ 100% this!
    signature image

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    I disagree with you because Max's powers can be involved with the tornado and yet it doesn't have to be an inconsistency.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post
    ^^ 100% this!
    the worse
    is still
    to come
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    I disagree with you because Max's powers can be involved with the tornado and yet it doesn't have to be an inconsistency.
    I see absolutely no way for that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    the worse
    is still
    to come
    I see what you did there.
    signature image

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post

    I see absolutely no way for that.
    Rewinding time has to have some effect on the Earth's rotation (changing seasons [snowing in October], unplanned solar events, changes in the tide).

    One thing that can disprove this popular assumption is the fact that Max has the vision before getting the power. Just one of the questions we won't know the answer to until episode 5. I can't wait to see what Dontnod has up their sleeves.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    Rewinding time has to have some effect on the Earth's rotation (changing seasons [snowing in October], unplanned solar events, changes in the tide).
    Well, if storm was caused by using time-travel ability in general, so, well... Arcadia Bay is pretty much doomed and there is no way of saving it.

    Because, as Tataboj correctly mentioned "If Max's powers cause the tornado and stuff, continuing using of her powers won't stop it. "
    I can't wait to see what Dontnod has up their sleeves.
    The disappointment that those guys already gave to me was almost like revelation.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    I see absolutely no way for that.
    Read my 11:23 post again, please.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    Well, if storm was caused by using time-travel ability in general, so, well... Arcadia Bay is pretty much doomed and there is no way of saving it.

    Because, as Tataboj correctly mentioned "If Max's powers cause the tornado and stuff, continuing using of her powers won't stop it. "
    I don't believe her power is as connected to the storm as popular belief states. There's something we're missing here, since it seems that the Prescott's spent big money on a storm shelter. Too many possibilities to consider at this point.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    The disappointment that those guys already gave to me was almost like revelation.
    Don't stop saying that in every existing thread, please.

  16. #16
    Read my 11:23 post again, please.
    And i still see absolutely no way for that.
    Don't stop saying that in every existing thread, please.
    Don't stop saying me what to do, please.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    And i still see absolutely no way for that.
    Any arguments?

    Don't stop saying me what to do, please.
    That wasn't the meaning of my answer and you know it.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Any arguments?
    Basicly we have 3 possibilitys at hand:

    Tornado was caused by the fact that Maxine saved Chloe.

    If so, we have huge unresolvable contradiction at our hand that i already described.

    Tornado was caused by the fact of using time travel abilities

    If so, you yourself establish the reason why Arcadia Bay is doomed from the very beginning and couldn't be saved. The fact of using time travel abilities can not be erased by time travel.

    Tornado was not caused by Maxine's doings

    And i see no contradictions here.
    That wasn't the meaning of my answer and you know it.
    If i get you wrong i am truly sorry. I am not very good in english.
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 4th Aug 2015 at 13:06.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    I don't think its for any of us to judge what someone should or shouldn't be posting on a public forum. It's an open forum of discussion for everyone. Just as we're free to agree, disagree, or withhold comment.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    Basicly we have 3 possibilitys at hand:

    Tornado was caused by the fact that Maxine saved Chloe.

    If so, we have huge unresolvable contradiction at our hand that i already described.
    Have you ever seen "All Good Things"? (Final Episode of ST:TNG) There's a huge subspace anomaly, in all 3 time periods Picard has traveled to. Turns out his investigation into this anomaly is what actually causes it! So, Max could somehow be causing the Vortex herself, in similar fashion.

    Not saying that's happening per se. Especially since the Prescotts seem to know about the upcoming storm too (and way in advance, at least since the moment they ordered that 'StormBunker').
    signature image

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post
    Have you ever seen "All Good Things"? (Final Episode of ST:TNG) There's a huge subspace anomaly, in all 3 time periods Picard has traveled to. Turns out his investigation into this anomaly is what actually causes it! So, Max could somehow be causing the Vortex herself, in similar fashion.

    Not saying that's happening per se. Especially since the Prescotts seem to know about the upcoming storm too (and way in advance, at least since the moment they ordered that 'StormBunker').
    Damn, i have to admit: you really got me there. It is certainly could be considered as fourth possibility. Some of Maxine actions besides saving Chloe could provoke the storm.

    And, to be perfectly honest there is yet another possibility. What if Maxine can travel through time as much as she wants and she can save anyone as she pleases besides Chloe Price? Chloe Price and Chloe Price alone absolutely needs to die or world just could not go on.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    12
    Max got her first vision of the tornado before she got her powers, so I think the storm was coming anyway.

    I think the Tornado is coming because the Prescotts are building Pan Estates and destroying native american tribal grounds in the process. (there's an article about it in game)

    My theory is Max got her powers (from the totem) to stop the storm by exposing the Prescotts and stopping Pan Estates.

    But we'll seen soon enough.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Onmens View Post
    Max got her first vision of the tornado before she got her powers, so I think the storm was coming anyway.

    I think the Tornado is coming because the Prescotts are building Pan Estates and destroying native american tribal grounds in the process. (there's an article about it in game)

    My theory is Max got her powers (from the totem) to stop the storm by exposing the Prescotts and stopping Pan Estates.

    But we'll seen soon enough.
    I haven't done much exploring on that topic, but that's an excellent theory. How many stories do we know where a person has disturbed sacred and tribal ground; only for it to bite them in the end?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    Damn, i have to admit: you really got me there. It is certainly could be considered as fourth possibility. Some of Maxine actions besides saving Chloe could provoke the storm.

    And, to be perfectly honest there is yet another possibility. What if Maxine can travel through time as much as she wants and she can save anyone as she pleases besides Chloe Price? Chloe Price and Chloe Price alone absolutely needs to die or world just could not go on.
    Why, it's the popular theory: that Chloe is destined to die. Personally, I hope that's not the case, though. At the E3 interview, the Dontnod Dev hinted to the possibility of a Max/Chloe shipping at the end of the game. Which to me, the gay issue aside, simply means Chloe will live.
    signature image

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Onmens View Post
    Max got her first vision of the tornado before she got her powers, so I think the storm was coming anyway.

    I think the Tornado is coming because the Prescotts are building Pan Estates and destroying native american tribal grounds in the process. (there's an article about it in game)

    My theory is Max got her powers (from the totem) to stop the storm by exposing the Prescotts and stopping Pan Estates.

    But we'll seen soon enough.
    I've been thinking along the same lines. And I'm beginning to think this is not the first time a storm like that has occured. Remember the '2 whales diner'? And now we have beached whales on the shores of Arcadia Bay. So, did this storm happen before? (Like 20 years or so ago, after which the '2 whales diner' got named?) In the 'old *' Chloe finds in the chest inside the barn, Max reads a headline saying "The Prescotts bring bomb shelter boom to town." The 'StormBunker' (of which we see the invoice in the vault) was therefore likely built by Prescott Industries themselves too, btw.

    It would also explain why Nathan knows about the upcoming storm: it's a recurring phenomenon caused by the Prescotts somehow. How is still a mystery, of course. Although as to the 'why', looks like you're certainly on to something.
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •