Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Chloe`s fate (spoilers)

  1. #1

    Chloe`s fate (spoilers)

    So here is what I think, I know that almost everybody thinks that Chloe has to die and Max cannot do anything to stop it... but Im not quite sure about that, I believe that its just the opposite, the butterfly entered the bathroom just to give Chloe a chance to live, without it Max would never had the chance to save her.

    Maybe its just a desire of mine that Chloe doesnt end up dying, but I think that someway she has to survive.

    Also, in my opinion, I believe that she will die 1 more time in episode 5 because of the 3 bullets on her neckless representing the times she will die by a gun shot (the first in episode 1 and the second in episode 4, and I dont take in account the one from episode 2 because u can avoid it if u shot the tire in the first attempt).

    Well those are my thoughts, I hope the ending will be great (maybe there will be more than 1 ending depending of our decisions but I think the better way to end it would be with just 1 ending possible that brings closure to everything)

    Thanks for replying!

    PS: Sorry if my english is not perfect, it isnt my main language :P

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    55
    I seriously hope this is true.
    It would really suck if there is no ending where Max AND Chloe are alive.
    Almost everyone thinks that Chloe needs to die in the end, which is why I hope there is a chance to avoid this.
    An ending like this would be rather disappointing for a lot of players who already assumed this since like episode 1.

    I tried to think of theories where Chloe will survive for a long time but this way harder than to think of a theory where she dies.
    It's still totally possible and I hope Dontnod will find a way to surprise us, just like within the previous episodes

    I personally would sacrifice a lot to save Chloe, maybe not Max herself but almost everything else.
    Mainly because I will never be able to laugh again if Chloe permanently dies/stays dead in episode 5
    signature image

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Well, if there is gonna be a decision "Chloe or Joyce with David", I will... Holy ... Please, Dontnod, no! NO!

  4. #4
    Lol! Remember Butterfly effect dudes! She has to die...or not? Maybe Max will use the first selfie to stop Chloe from confronting Nathan, and find Rachel's dosed body in the junkyard, so they can have proof of Jefferson's ed obsession

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by VUylvern View Post
    Lol! Remember Butterfly effect dudes! She has to die...or not? Maybe Max will use the first selfie to stop Chloe from confronting Nathan, and find Rachel's dosed body in the junkyard, so they can have proof of Jefferson's ed obsession
    She can't get to the bathroom from the first selfie, remember the borders.

  6. #6
    What about the butterfly photo? Clearly you can see max's reflection in it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    If Max's photo is still on that bathroom floor, Samuel has a lot to answer for. It's been 4 days for crying out loud.

  8. #8
    Lol, the butterfly photo is in Chloe´s wallet... Maybe Jeff makes the mistake of taking it to the bunker

  9. #9
    I absolutely hate it when people around me say that Chloe's Death is fate and she has to die so that everything is ok. I will never accept her death, she is my favourite video game character of all times and the only fictional person I have feelings for (well, I'm not in love actually, but I really really care for her).
    It's pretty sure that Dontnod Entertainment will surprise us once more in Episode 5, maybe more than one time, for example with mutliple endings

  10. #10
    The Chloe Has To Die Theory pisses me off, too, frankly. First of all, what purpose does it serve? For some supernatural reason, her death prevents the tornado from destroying the town? But this theory does NOT address the very real fact that even though Nathan would be busted for shooting/killing her, it leaves Jefferson completely untouched. Free to keep drugging girls and/or killing them. Has anyone answered this issue?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegalicious99 View Post
    The Chloe Has To Die Theory pisses me off, too, frankly. First of all, what purpose does it serve? For some supernatural reason, her death prevents the tornado from destroying the town? But this theory does NOT address the very real fact that even though Nathan would be busted for shooting/killing her, it leaves Jefferson completely untouched. Free to keep drugging girls and/or killing them. Has anyone answered this issue?
    It may not be the case. Her frequent moments of death and near-death moments could be for no other reason than to give Max moments of desperation where she needs to be there for someone she cares about. Drama for the sake of drama.
    Because she is close to Max it makes it more intense for the player.

    It could be as simple as that.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    Theories can often be over - thought. Not yet having the answers, its only natural for the mind to come up with overly complex solution putting unremarkable moments and irrelevent clues in the mix with the known facts.

    The last episode will be an exciting discovery for those who have kept their theories minimal and a big dissapointment for those with elaborate ones.

    I hope I havent burnt my own bridge with my theories.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    It may not be the case. Her frequent moments of death and near-death moments could be for no other reason than to give Max moments of desperation where she needs to be there for someone she cares about. Drama for the sake of drama.
    Because she is close to Max it makes it more intense for the player.

    It could be as simple as that.
    I really hope so! I don't know why this Chloe death theory has SO much traction, in every YouTube video and chat space I've visited. I hope the writers give us a simple and satisfying ending to all this. Episode 4 is one I don't enjoy playing a second time because it's so depressing.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegalicious99 View Post
    I really hope so! I don't know why this Chloe death theory has SO much traction, in every YouTube video and chat space I've visited. I hope the writers give us a simple and satisfying ending to all this. Episode 4 is one I don't enjoy playing a second time because it's so depressing.
    The main reason, I think, is because of the emphasis the end of Episode 4 put on Chloes 3 bullet necklace. But it could just be a red herring or the fact that she will be shot at least one more time, though doesn't necessarily mean she'll die.

    The main reason I'd give for Chloe not dying is because of all her near death experiences takes much of the impact away. If she gets shot again its more like "oh god damn Chloe.. again? really?!".

    People also need to remember that the official website lists the game as having multiple endings. So while its possible, if you were a total d-hole in your choices/decisions that Chloe will die, its entirely possible she might not in another ending.
    Last edited by LordBattleBeard; 11th Aug 2015 at 02:42.

  15. #15
    The "Chloe Has To Die" theory (particularly the subset that states "Max Has To Go Back To The Beginning Of Episode One And Let Nathan Shoot Chloe") is bunkum and flimshaw. BUNKUM AND FLIMSHAW, I SAY! And it's at this point that I must apologize for my strong language.

    It makes no structural sense because going back and letting Chloe die would make everything past the fifteen minute mark of Episode One completely pointless. Nothing you did will have mattered. It'll be worse than Mass Effect 3, because it will have happened in a post-Mass Effect 3 world where we should have learned our lesson by now.

    It makes no story sense because if it's true, then what the hell kind of dog-and-pony show are the celestial deities of Life is Strange running, here? Do you know what would have solved the problem of Chloe needing to die to prevent a tornado from wiping everything out, oh mighty Gods of Arcadia Bay? NOT GIVING HER BEST FRIEND THE POWER OVER TIME AND SPACE! "Oh hai, mousy hipster-girl! If you stop this one particular thing from happening, the world ends. Here, have the power to stop this one particular thing from happening. We grade on the honor's system here." And so it came to pass that the fate of the world is governed by the same principle as the Take-A-Penny-Leave-A-Penny tray at a gas station.

    I'd go so far to say that even the writers think it's a dopey idea. Has anyone here read Max's journal during the Vortex Club party at the end of Episode Four? In it, Max mentions that she saw that one episode of Star Trek where Kirk had to let Joan Collins die to stop the Germans from winning World War II, and Max writes (and this is a direct quote) "What kind of ed up choice is that?" If the writers were going to go through with it, they wouldn't have hung a lampshade on it.

    Not to mention the game itself debunks it, as according to the preview for Episode Five, and the start-up screen for Episode Five (and the start-up screen for each episode is set at the time the episode starts) show the storm coming. If Chloe's dead, why is the storm still coming?

    So.. Yeah... Chloe lives, and stuff.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    One of the writers confirmed that due to the popularity of the first game, it is likely there will be a season 2 but starring a new cast. BUT that's not all we hear of Max after episode 5. They are planning to write a few short stories starring Max, Chloe, and several of the other characters who survive the events of episode 5. Yes, they listed Chloe as a survivor.

    This could be a Red Herring as not to give away spoilers, or maybe they did let that one slip? I'm less keen to believe Chloe is dead and more keen to think Max, Chloe, and Rachel are all alive in some way, but based on your choices Rachel OR Max will be with Chloe in one Universe while the one without Chloe will be in a different reality. In otherwords, if you choose to give up Chloe, she'll be dead in Max's Universe but alive with Rachel in the other. Max and the audiance will be aware of this due to Max's time powers, but characters like David, Kate, Victoria, etc. would not be aware of this.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    Do you have a link to that interview / info. Id love to read it.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    Sadly I dont.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPepsi View Post
    The "Chloe Has To Die" theory (particularly the subset that states "Max Has To Go Back To The Beginning Of Episode One And Let Nathan Shoot Chloe") is bunkum and flimshaw. BUNKUM AND FLIMSHAW, I SAY! And it's at this point that I must apologize for my strong language.

    It makes no structural sense because going back and letting Chloe die would make everything past the fifteen minute mark of Episode One completely pointless. Nothing you did will have mattered. It'll be worse than Mass Effect 3, because it will have happened in a post-Mass Effect 3 world where we should have learned our lesson by now.

    It makes no story sense because if it's true, then what the hell kind of dog-and-pony show are the celestial deities of Life is Strange running, here? Do you know what would have solved the problem of Chloe needing to die to prevent a tornado from wiping everything out, oh mighty Gods of Arcadia Bay? NOT GIVING HER BEST FRIEND THE POWER OVER TIME AND SPACE! "Oh hai, mousy hipster-girl! If you stop this one particular thing from happening, the world ends. Here, have the power to stop this one particular thing from happening. We grade on the honor's system here." And so it came to pass that the fate of the world is governed by the same principle as the Take-A-Penny-Leave-A-Penny tray at a gas station.

    I'd go so far to say that even the writers think it's a dopey idea. Has anyone here read Max's journal during the Vortex Club party at the end of Episode Four? In it, Max mentions that she saw that one episode of Star Trek where Kirk had to let Joan Collins die to stop the Germans from winning World War II, and Max writes (and this is a direct quote) "What kind of ed up choice is that?" If the writers were going to go through with it, they wouldn't have hung a lampshade on it.

    Not to mention the game itself debunks it, as according to the preview for Episode Five, and the start-up screen for Episode Five (and the start-up screen for each episode is set at the time the episode starts) show the storm coming. If Chloe's dead, why is the storm still coming?

    So.. Yeah... Chloe lives, and stuff.
    This. Pretty much all this. Honestly, I think even considering this "theory" as an actual possibility is an insult to the intelligence and imagination of the writers who have done such a wonderful job so far.

    Honestly, as shocking as it was for me, I know I'm going to see Chloe in Episode 5. Why? Two words: Time. Travel. Duh! This just hit a little harder than most of the other Chloe deaths because we weren't able to immediately reverse the event and know now that this will be beyond a simple rewind. Good thing Episode 3 showed us Max is capable of more than a simple rewind. What else would be the point of that William business if not to reveal what Max was truly capable of and the "do's and do not's" when she really needed to use that level of her power.

  20. #20
    Well, there are certainly a LOT of hints in the story about Chloes death. Not just the fact that she actually keeps dying over and over depending on what you do but also stuff like the grafitti in her car behind her seat ("i'm going to die"), the bullet necklace etc.

    So, yeah, the story wants us to know that this is a real issue here.

    But does it mean she will actually, unavoidably die no matter what choices we make? How can we know, it's completely up to the writers.

  21. #21
    Even after Chloe was shot the storm was still raging outside in the Ep. 5 trailer. So this means she's either not dead or she's not even the key reason the storm is still coming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •