Thread: The Doe

The Doe

Anybody else notice that when you go to the junkyard as Chloe & Max, that the spot [maybe] Rachel's body is, is where the Doe appeared? So the Doe was helping, but i still wonder how it helps at the lighthouse, other then showing you the way and the date of the storm..

Thing is, we still don't know exactly what Rachel's connection to the lighthouse is. I still think it contains unresolved business regarding Rachel.

Btw, Mari (Geek Remix) had an eery thought the other day. Remember the start of the game, with Max lying on the forest ground, near the lighthouse and the storm?! She asked herself: what was Max doing there in the first place?! (Sic!) She suggested Max might have just been dropped off there (remember, hers was a vision of the future), still half-drugged, after Mr. Jefferson had her way with her. Needles to say, that thought alone absolutely horrifies me. Let's not speak of it again.
    signature image

Wow now there's a theory I hadn't considered.

Quote Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post
    Thing is, we still don't know exactly what Rachel's connection to the lighthouse is. I still think it contains unresolved business regarding Rachel.

Btw, Mari (Geek Remix) had an eery thought the other day. Remember the start of the game, with Max lying on the forest ground, near the lighthouse and the storm?! She asked herself: what was Max doing there in the first place?! (Sic!) She suggested Max might have just been dropped off there (remember, hers was a vision of the future), still half-drugged, after Mr. Jefferson had her way with her. Needles to say, that thought alone absolutely horrifies me. Let's not speak of it again.
    A public footpath seems an odd place to dump a person after committing a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiiPie View Post
    Anybody else notice that when you go to the junkyard as Chloe & Max, that the spot [maybe] Rachel's body is, is where the Doe appeared? So the Doe was helping, but i still wonder how it helps at the lighthouse, other then showing you the way and the date of the storm..
    It's definitely where the body was but I'm unsure the Doe was helping in this instance. It can first be seen resting and only stands once it sees Max.
    It then runs to another area where you take the optional picture, before finally disappearing in the distance.
    Last edited by LordBattleBeard; 3rd Aug 2015 at 21:33.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
    A public footpath seems an odd place to dump a person after committing a crime.
    Apparently Kate was dropped off at the doorstep of her home even, if you talk to her about it. And while technically a public foothpath, is also simply a deserted place in the rain and storm like that.
    signature image

I never thought of it like that.. that is kinda scary. but then the storm could be just the drugs, but then trying to work out all the weird stuff that's happened.. yeah. it gets confusing, i hope they solve it for episode 5

I never thought of it like that.. that is kinda scary. but then the storm could be just the drugs, but then trying to work out all the weird stuff that's happened.. yeah. it gets confusing, i hope they solve it for episode 5
    Yeah, I didn't think of it either. But Geek Remix always thinks of such details. Regardless of what happened to Max, prior to that moment, it's interestig to know what she was doing there, lying on the ground, in the pouring rain.
    signature image

Jefferson wrote on the wall of the hut thing in the junkyard that he would kill Max and Chloe though so I doubt he would have dumped Max there. My hunch is she escapes.

Well, what about this: Max escapes from Dark Room and Mr. J, running to the lighthouse, but she is drugged, so she collapses on the footpath to the lighthouse. And wakes up in the middle of the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTonTom View Post
    Jefferson wrote on the wall of the hut thing in the junkyard that he would kill Max and Chloe though so I doubt he would have dumped Max there. My hunch is she escapes.
    I think it's actually Nathan who wrote that. And if he's near, he may yet save them both too.

And I think Mr. Jeffferson A) would never be so dumb as to announce his plans like that, and B) had no way of knowing Max and Chloe would be there that night.

And god, yes, I hope Max escapes.
    signature image

It does seem like something Nathan would do. He did scrawl graffiti in Max's dorm room in a similar fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    It does seem like something Nathan would do. He did scrawl graffiti in Max's dorm room in a similar fashion.
    Also, not to derail too much, but I think the Prescotts know something more than the rest. For starters, they bought that 'StormBunker' (invoice for it was in the vault itself.) And, to get to the point, in the trailer Nathan says "A storm is coming. You're all gonna die!" Could be that same verbatim text (sans the storm) is what Nathan was referring to when he wrote that text in Chloe's hideout: it doesn't necessarily mean he was saying Mr. Jefferson was going to kill them.
    signature image

If you talk to the custodian guy (I forgot his name) in the courtyard while he's sitting next to Mrs. Grant, he talks about Spirit Animals. He tells Max that the doe is her spirit animal. So this animal, I think, is her protector, her guide to the truth. We have yet to discover the importance of the lighthouse. I wonder if you will be able to or have to go into the lighthouse in episode 5. If you try to get in earlier, Max says something about how her and Chloe used to go in there when they were kids. The lighthouse will anyway play a major part in the final episode.

I think it is a Snape's patronus.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    I think it is a Snape's patronus.
    Its best teory i have read and Max have time-turner.

Quote Originally Posted by ByouRei View Post
    Its best teory i have read and Max have time-turner.
    So if that's the case, did whom ever killed Rachel use the killing curse on her? AVADA KEDAVRA!!!

Aw man. All these theories make me want to play the whole game again right now. I've been starting to think that the doe could be Rachel's spirit guiding Max in the form of a doe. When the doe put her head down and disappeared, It seemed as if Rachel's spirit was set free... I dunno... :"( The 10th time I've seen that scene and I still bawl my eyes out.

I also never thought of the idea of her being dropped by the lighthouse during the storm! That makes sense in a way, but we'll never know till Ep5. ughhh I can't wait 2 more months :"(

Waiting is best about it, you have 2 months to debate with some insan ... ehm .. interesting people here.

Geek remix rules. Period. Maybe Rachel's animal is the doe too?

Jefferson lured them with that text, that's for sure.
    He may blamed Nathan with all those shenanigans.

That spirit stuff is hard to discern