Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inconsistencies in episode 4 *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    I know the exact opposite. No one even come close to reasonable explanation. And so, at this point her decision looks like that in my book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q3BtIaB2Hc

" it's not really failure if you're not even trying".

"And don't be bitter just because you're a quitter,
    You can even hold up your head up and brag
    That's right, you gave up!
    Then tell me - what possibilities are left? And even if there were (they aren't), Max did that because she had a lesson if she alters things that far in past, she has no control over what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Then tell me - what possibilities are left? And even if there were (they aren't), Max did that because she had a lesson if she alters things that far in past, she has no control over what will happen.
    Prior she managed to convince Chloe that she can do some time travel. Why not to try to do exactly same thing one more time? She could simply predict some events that would occur in Chloe and William future and give them a warning about crashed car. And that would be enough. Why not to try?
    And this is not one and only possibility, of course. If you do not like it i can come up with more.

And, for God's sake, she didn't even tried to use another photo. If it would turn out in episode 5 that she can use any photo to travel back in time, this would mean one thing: that task of saving both William and Chloe was not just possible, but pretty easy.

And of course she have no control over it. One has no control over result if they are trying to save drowning person. And, so, <censored> it, let them drown!
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 11th Aug 2015 at 19:26.

And this is not one and only possibility, of course.

And, for God's sake, she didn't even tried to use another photo. If it would turn out in episode 5 that she can use any photo to travel back in time, this would mean one thing: that task of saving William and Chloe was not just possible, but pretty easy.

And of course she have no control over it. One has no control over result if they are trying to save drowning person. And, so, <censored> it, let them drown!
    No time.
    Since then Max won't have the power and probably will forget everything about what she said so it would be pretty confusing. Plus - she just passed through her hardest decisions of her life, you can't expect her to do completely rational things!

No time.
    Oh, i am sure she had enough time for that. But okay, how about that:

Learn number of crushed car. Give Chloe information about this car: number, colour and type. Report that this kind of car would be Chloe's present on her 16th birthday. And say that on specific date and specific time she must stay away from it.

Or even just warn her without any explanation about car crash and make Chloe promise that on specific date she must stay away from it. It could work, and it is absolutely safe! In the worst case scenario result just would be the same.

Plus - she just passed through her hardest decisions of her life, you can't expect her to do completely rational things!
    It is not like she was in a hurry, she have the all time she needs to think it over, and it is exactly what she needed to do, considering how much is on the stake.

So, did William die just because Maxine is dumb? Well, good explanation! Do not know about you, but i totally buy it!

Oh, i am sure she had enough time for that. But okay, how about that:

Learn number of crushed car. Give Chloe information about this car: number, colour and type. Report that this kind of car would be Chloe's present on her 16th birthday. And say that on specific date and specific time she must stay away from it.

Or even just warn her without any explanation about car crash and make Chloe promise that on specific date she must stay away from it. It could work, and it is absolutely safe! In the worst case scenario result just would be the same.

It is not like she was in a hurry, she have the all time she needs to think it over, and it is exactly what she needed to do, considering how much is on the stake.

So, did William die just because Maxine is dumb? Well, good explanation! Do not know about you, but i totally buy it!
    So it will be like: "Hey Chloe, I got supernatural power but from a minute I won't remember anything. Remember - in ??th ? 201? don't drive your car or you will die." Now let's guess Chloe's reaction.
    BTW Max must steal William's car keys too.
    And you really think Chloe will remember this 5 long years when Max will keep telling her she never told her that?

Plus I don't think Max would get through that again if Chloe would be again like that.

So it will be like: "Hey Chloe, I got supernatural power but from a minute I won't remember anything. Remember - in ??th ? 201? don't drive your car or you will die." Now let's guess Chloe's reaction.
    Who even cares about her reaction?
    And you really think Chloe will remember this 5 long years when Max will keep telling her she never told her that?
    But of course not! She also really, really dumb and can't remember anything. It was so clear for Maxine so she even not tried.
    Plus I don't think Max would get through that again if Chloe would be again like that.
    Poor thing. Of course, her own mental state had to Maxine much more value than William's life.
    And?..

All of it - is nothing more than sore excuse. And nothing of it comes even close to justify letting William die. Without even trying, without giving it a second thought. If you think that someone's life worth saving only if it safe, easy and fool-proof - fine, think whatever you want. But as for me, i am sick of this way of thinking.

Yeah that whole scenario just wouldnt go well. Chloe would think Max had some sort of personality disorder or was just messing around. She would dismiss the message and forget it and Max herself would have a but of a freakout or perhaps think Chloe was trying to stir her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    Yeah that whole scenario just wouldnt go well. Chloe would think Max had some sort of personality disorder or was just messing around. She would dismiss the message and forget it and Max herself would have a but of a freakout or perhaps think Chloe was trying to stir her up.
    Ha. So much fortune-tellers here.

I think Mr. Jefferson was the jerk that cut Chloe off and caused the accident....

Quote Originally Posted by OHWceta View Post
    I think Mr. Jefferson was the jerk that cut Chloe off and caused the accident....
    Imagine that. Interesting thought.

Well, it actually kinda makes some sense. There is good chance that Jefferson is absent in alternate time line, and this might be possible reason behind that - he was crippled or imprisoned in that accident.

But it seems nearly impossible a fact like that to have any importance to the plot. After all, alternate time line had been eliminated so it really does not matter, who caused the accident. If it was not Chloe, of course.

Some new, fresh inconsistencies here!

I'm on my phone, so sorry for not quoting.

1. It's more than likely one of the disposables that Jefferson gave him (as when you get the threatening text, it comes from a private number. A number that Nathan wouldn't want out to certain people). And there are marks on the floor, so that's consistent with him having to get it every time. (We don't know if anyone else goes into his dorm. He's gonna want to hide it.)

2. I think we've established that meds have a side effect for memory (he has a stash in his room).

3. He has an RV and can travel to wherever he wants. Also a majority of his deals are made at the beach. Could be his home spot.

4. Uhm...okay. No need for a bed or toliet in a bunker. Not all bomb shelters carry all the essential needs besides food, water, and electricity (maybe blankets and pillows, but not bed sets.). Plus, it's serving a purpose as being The Dark Room.

I don't know if it's said before, but in the trailer Nathan says the same as it's written on a wall in the junkyard "you're all gonna die".

In the video at 1:30
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFgtBOGSBSo

And, for those who said that letting William die was right thing to do:

Chloe is still dead. The only way how she can be saved it is by using some photo. And you guys established more that enough reasons, why Maxine absolutely must not do something like that.

And, for those who said that letting William die was right thing to do:

Chloe is still dead. The only way how she can be saved it is by using some photo. And you guys established more that enough reasons, why Maxine absolutely must not do something like that.
    It may not be the right thing to do but Max decided to do that. I think you need to accept the fact characters don't behave the way you do.
    And it is not a thing she must not do. She can do it and she actually did that. And even if she can make Chloe and William both alive (which we established isn't possible), Max still doesn't remember anything since the photo situation. She is a different person and she remembers things that didn't happen.

Warning - the personal attacks end right here, or we'll lock this thread and hand out infractions for violating our TOU.

Keep it on topic to the game contents, folks. I deleted the last bunch of replies containing personal attacks. Try again, but in a civil manner this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Warning - the personal attacks end right here, or we'll lock this thread and hand out infractions for violating our TOU.

Keep it on topic to the game contents, folks. I deleted the last bunch of replies containing personal attacks. Try again, but in a civil manner this time.

It may not be the right thing to do but Max decided to do that.
    Which means that she is not very decent person.
    I think you need to accept the fact characters don't behave the way you do.
    I accepted that fact.l And i'm disgusted by it. I think you need to accept that even someone you like could do something very wrong.
    (which we established isn't possible)
    No one was able establish anything close to decent proof. We have nothing but excuses. And since we have proof that something like that is indeed possible, and that proof comes from the game itself, if you want to prove otherwise you have to have something much better.

And even if you would have something good... it would be pointless anyway.

Which means that she is not very decent person.
    She is not a superhero with no bad behaviour.

I accepted that fact.l And i'm disgusted by it. I think you need to accept that even someone you like could do something very wrong.
    This is a controversial thing so saying this is very wrong isn't objective

No one was able establish anything close to decent proof. We have nothing but excuses. And since we have proof that something like that is indeed possible, and that proof comes from the game itself, if you want to prove otherwise you have to have something much better.
    There was a proof presented. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

And even if you would have something good... it would be pointless anyway.
    Reason?

Who even cares about her reaction?
    But of course not! She also really, really dumb and can't remember anything. It was so clear for Maxine so she even not tried.
    Her reaction is crucial for the outcome. If she won't believe Max, it will not matter. And also if she won't believe her, she won't remember it. And try to remember everything your friend told you. It's impossible.

There was a proof presented. If you don't like it, that's your problem.
    Nope. If game clearly states otherwise, your so-called proof means nothing.
    Reason?
    If Maxine could use any photo to travel back in time, saving William was not only possible, but actually pretty easy.
    Her reaction is crucial for the outcome.
    Not her reaction, but their remembering.
    And try to remember everything your friend told you. It's impossible.
    When did your friends say to you that you will die on specific date? Do you really just dismiss something like that?

That is just how human memory works. If something unusual happened, it sticks in one's brain for a very long time.

I do not understand what your claim is anymore.

Is what Maxine was done was wrong, but excusable? Or it was right thing to do? Or it was the only option? You can't choose all three options at once, you know.

Nope. If game clearly states otherwise, your so-called proof means nothing.
    Excuse me but what did the game say?

If Maxine could use any photo to travel back in time, saving William was not only possible, but actually pretty easy.
    What made it any easier? You know easier way than hiding his keys in the important moment?

When did your friends say to you that you will die on specific date? Do you really just dismiss something like that?
    That is just how human memory works. If something unusual happened, it sticks in one's brain for a very long time. Not her reaction, but their remembering.
    But if you won't believe them (and you won't), you will dismiss it as a fun. And even if Chloe remembered this, if she doesn't believe it, she would say just: "Oh, that was fun with Max."

Is what Maxine was done was wrong, but excusable? Or it was right thing to do? Or it was the only option? You can't choose all three options at once, you know.
    I'm saying she can't do anything about it so what she did was right. You are saying she did something very wrong, which isn't true.

Excuse me but what did the game say?
    That it is possible for Maxine to convince someone that she can time travel. And in this particular case she needed to convince the very same person.

And i know what you going to say:

1. Maxine had very little amount of time.
    2. Her power a limited.

But it is not going to work. You can figure out why by yourself.

At the very most you can proof that it was harder (and even that without any certainty). But... so what?
    What made it any easier?
    She is a photographer. She has dozens of photos. With this opportunities for saving both William and Chloe are endless.

For example... call her in the day of accident, maybe?
    But if you won't believe them (and you won't), you will dismiss it as a fun.
    If one of my friends would beg me of doing something, i would most certainly do as they ask, even without believing.
    I'm saying she can't do anything about it so what she did was right.
    Well, it is crystal clear: she could do something. You have every right to deny it, it is not concern of mine.
    You are saying she did something very wrong, which isn't true.
    If she had a chance to save both William and Chloe, but refused to even attempt doing so - it was definitely her failure. If you think that something like that is okay, it is not concern of mine.

Okay, I think that makes sense. Game doesn't state there is selfie of Max in the day of the accident but she could make it a week before the accident etc. Most of the photos are in the parents' house but - yeah, she could make it.

Game doesn't state there is selfie of Max in the day of the accident but she could make it a week before the accident etc. Most of the photos are in the parents' house
    There's deffinetly a photo of Chloe's birthday when William gave her the car keys. Prevent her from getting that car somehow?

There's deffinetly a photo of Chloe's birthday when William gave her the car keys. Prevent her from getting that car somehow?
    Max can't go through selfies of other people if she isn't there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123