Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alyssa to the Rescue?

Alyssa to the Rescue?

I am not usually one to write small spontaneous posts such as this one, but I just had a funny thought - well maybe not funny - more like an amusing thought with just a tinge of irony attached to it. What if it is Alyssa who comes to the rescue and helps Max out of her confined, life threatening predicament? It is already known that every time Max has helped Alyssa avoid flying projectiles that there would be consequences and, as yet those consequences have not shown themselves in any shape or form whatsoever; we know they are coming, so whatever these consequences turn out to be they will have to occur in episode five.

Alyssa is always around Max when things happen and she never has much to say but rather deflects any meaningful conversation away. The moment in episode two in Jefferson's class just before Kate decides to take flying lessons, Alyssa is staring out of the window doing what she described as "contemplating stuff," (expletive intentionally omitted) and it just so happened that Max espied Madsen taking pictures of Kate immediately after that. I have always thought that Alyssa could not help but witness that moment, but nothing was ever said about it.

So a favour returned in kind or not? Even if it is not Alyssa who directly comes to the aid of Max then maybe she directs someone else to her location. And if we as players chose not to warn Alyssa on all those previous occasions where she got hit by something then obviously someone else will step in and help - a bit like having alternative endings. So how would Alyssa know exactly where Max is? Well that's a wonderfully good question, isn't it?

JJ
    signature image

Lol. I'd fail. I didn't help her once. When the car in ep3 splashed water on her. I was like, that wasn't all that bad.

Well I did say it was an amusing thought!
    signature image

Haha well it would be amusing because it would be similar to Lisa dying. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alvare View Post
    Haha well it would be amusing because it would be similar to Lisa dying. :P
    Well something has got to happen with Alyssa otherwise it will all count for nothing.
    signature image

True dat.

Dat rite!
    signature image

Umm yeah though it does beg the question of whether saving her repeatedly will have a consequence other than her gratitude. Seriously, that many blows to the head can't be good for someone. Maybe if you don't save her enough times, she will get a final blow to the head after Max loses her rewind powers (the time will come), she will take a lie down and not wake up (death from concussion).

Although this post was tending toward humour it does indeed beg the question. Alyssa, as yet, is an unknown quantity.
    signature image

Possibly. We still don't know how Max got the power.

Possibly. We still don't know how Max got the power.
    And that's if we ever find that out!?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    And that's if we ever find that out!?
    Indeed, I'm really curious what Dontnod wrote out for ep5. I have no clue anymore.

Indeed, I'm really curious what Dontnod wrote out for ep5. I have no clue anymore.
    Oh, to be a fly on the wall at Dontnod HQ.
    signature image

I think the consequences are actually just the fact that you can talk to her if you "save" her.
    If you don't save her there is no way to do this (as far as I remember).

Maybe there is an ending where Alyssa is the one who saves Max if you managed to help her every single time
    At least they could include this in an extra menu which is unlocked once you completed the game
    signature image

I am not usually one to write small spontaneous posts such as this one, but I just had a funny thought - well maybe not funny - more like an amusing thought with just a tinge of irony attached to it. What if it is Alyssa who comes to the rescue and helps Max out of her confined, life threatening predicament? It is already known that every time Max has helped Alyssa avoid flying projectiles that there would be consequences and, as yet those consequences have not shown themselves in any shape or form whatsoever; we know they are coming, so whatever these consequences turn out to be they will have to occur in episode five.

Alyssa is always around Max when things happen and she never has much to say but rather deflects any meaningful conversation away. The moment in episode two in Jefferson's class just before Kate decides to take flying lessons, Alyssa is staring out of the window doing what she described as "contemplating stuff," (expletive intentionally omitted) and it just so happened that Max espied Madsen taking pictures of Kate immediately after that. I have always thought that Alyssa could not help but witness that moment, but nothing was ever said about it.

So a favour returned in kind or not? Even if it is not Alyssa who directly comes to the aid of Max then maybe she directs someone else to her location. And if we as players chose not to warn Alyssa on all those previous occasions where she got hit by something then obviously someone else will step in and help - a bit like having alternative endings. So how would Alyssa know exactly where Max is? Well that's a wonderfully good question, isn't it?

JJ
    "Don't worry Max. Help is on the way!"

And then Alyssa, Warren, and Kate bust into the dark room. Kate releases the blue jays, while Alyssa and Warren use Lisa to attack Jefferson.

Okay, so that won't happen, but just think about it. Funny right?

"Attack my woodland creatures." (Uhm...when did Kate Marsh turn into Snow White?)

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    "Don't worry Max. Help is on the way!"

And then Alyssa, Warren, and Kate bust into the dark room. Kate releases the blue jays, while Alyssa and Warren use Lisa to attack Jefferson.

Okay, so that won't happen, but just think about it. Funny right?

"Attack my woodland creatures." (Uhm...when did Kate Marsh turn into Snow White?)
    You forgot to mention the squirrel charge led by Samuel. "Get him lads!"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Wambo_is_Strange View Post
    I think the consequences are actually just the fact that you can talk to her if you "save" her.
    If you don't save her there is no way to do this (as far as I remember).

Maybe there is an ending where Alyssa is the one who saves Max if you managed to help her every single time
    At least they could include this in an extra menu which is unlocked once you completed the game
    Maybe the consequences are the fact that you can talk to her afterward but even then she does not like to talk that much. It is a hard one to call this is.
    signature image

Remember the Sentence at the VC Party that Alyssa said if you helped her in each episode and if you choose the right answer-option!
    :-) ( i don't spoiler this sentence/details what she told max, play it yourself )
    i think its funny and maybe possible that Alyssa help in some (unknown) way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Dogma View Post
    Remember the Sentence at the VC Party that Alyssa said if you helped her in each episode and if you choose the right answer-option!
    :-) ( i don't spoiler this sentence/details what she told max, play it yourself )
    i think its funny and maybe possible that Alyssa help in some (unknown) way.
    Well I am surely more than curious to find out if indeed she helps out.
    signature image

well, think about it
    we saved Alysee 4 times and our "reward" is 1 single (but good) sentence?
    i don't think so and i'm sure she has a bigger/important role in EP 5-- as you said, as alternative Charakter if we helped her in all Episodes.
    reference JJ:
    And if we as players chose not to warn Alyssa on all those previous occasions where she got hit by something then obviously someone else will step in and help - a bit like having alternative endings.
    alternative endings as Clifhanger. jep!

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Dogma View Post
    well, think about it
    we saved Alysee 4 times and our "reward" is 1 single (but good) sentence?
    i don't think so and i'm sure she has a bigger/important role in EP 5-- as you said, as alternative Charakter if we helped her in all Episodes.
    reference JJ:

alternative endings as Clifhanger. jep!
    This post, as a post was aimed at humour but with a tinge of seriousness attached to it. I guess that in all honesty I secretly hope that Alyssa will have a bolder part to play come episode five.
    signature image

This post, as a post was aimed at humour but with a tinge of seriousness attached to it. I guess that in all honesty I secretly hope that Alyssa will have a bolder part to play come episode five.
    I hope so. Alyssa is my third favorite character. It'd be so cool if she came in on a unicorn while Warren and Kate release blue jays in the barn. Then Samuel could bust out of the cupboard with his legions of squirrels. The next thing you know, Lisa's roots start coming through the floor and place Jefferson in a hold.

Wow. I've put way too much thought into this.

There's a graffiti near the dorms (don't remember at which point in the game though), a meme that said "Alyssa u already hard to want, y u play hard to get?!" (just seemed appropriate to mention that given the thread, no other reason xD)

Anyway, it'd be cool if there was a payoff to helping her (other than saving her a couple thousand neurons), maybe at the end game there will be like a thing were you need to convince different people to do different things and they'll do it(or not) based on the actions you performed during the game (like being nice to taylor, encouraging Daniel, not being nosy with Dana, saving Alyssa, etc.). That's my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    I hope so. Alyssa is my third favorite character. It'd be so cool if she came in on a unicorn while Warren and Kate release blue jays in the barn. Then Samuel could bust out of the cupboard with his legions of squirrels. The next thing you know, Lisa's roots start coming through the floor and place Jefferson in a hold.

Wow. I've put way too much thought into this.

Yes. . .you have really got something here!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by ElShadow View Post
    There's a graffiti near the dorms (don't remember at which point in the game though), a meme that said "Alyssa u already hard to want, y u play hard to get?!" (just seemed appropriate to mention that given the thread, no other reason xD)

Anyway, it'd be cool if there was a payoff to helping her (other than saving her a couple thousand neurons), maybe at the end game there will be like a thing were you need to convince different people to do different things and they'll do it(or not) based on the actions you performed during the game (like being nice to taylor, encouraging Daniel, not being nosy with Dana, saving Alyssa, etc.). That's my theory.
    I find it peculiar that no matter how dark an episode becomes - "Dark Room" in particular - there is always a bit part for Alyssa to play. She turns up In all the places Max ever goes to for the one encounter. So because the consequence icon appeared again at the pool it means that another future consequence has been triggered. I wonder what part Alyssa will actually play in the finale.
    signature image

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast