Thread: Life is Strange and Twin Peaks share the same universe.

Life is Strange and Twin Peaks share the same universe.

There have been a few little references to David Lynch's 'Twin Peaks' throughout Life is Strange like the 'Fire Walk With Me' scratching in the diner mirror and Chloe's 'TWNPKS' license plate. In the latest episode 'Dark Room' Max finds a letter from Nathan's psychiatrist and his name is 'Dr Jacoby'.
    While I know that it was probably just meant to be another friendly little nod to David Lynch and nothing more, do you guys think that this Dr Jacoby is the same Dr Lawrence Jacoby from Twin Peaks?
    If it is the same Dr Jacoby then wouldn't that mean that Life is Strange and Twin Peaks must share the same fictional universe?
    Twin Peaks is my all time favourite television series and Life is Strange has become my favourite video game, so I kind of find it really cool that they might share the same fictional world.

Fair enough and that can be your head-canon if you want, but given that all of the license plates seen in the game are references to TV shows, by your own logic, if Life is Strange is set in the same world as Twin Peaks, then Twin Peaks is not a TV show in this universe, so what would Chloe's license plate be referring to?

All those were intentionally put there to serve as 'Easter Eggs,' why? because they all belong to the same genre.
    Last edited by julietxjules; 31st Jul 2015 at 05:26.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TroublesomeBirdsong View Post
    Fair enough and that can be your head-canon if you want, but given that all of the license plates seen in the game are references to TV shows, by your own logic, if Life is Strange is set in the same world as Twin Peaks, then Twin Peaks is not a TV show in this universe, so what would Chloe's license plate be referring to?
    Haha, that's a good point. I don't know, perhaps there is still a show called Twin Peaks in the Life is Strange world but it is full of different characters and follows a different story line. Ever see the movie 'Last Action Hero'? Remember the scene where the little boy shows Arnold Schwarzenegger's character a movie poster of Terminator 2 and we see that Sylvester Stallone has replaced Arnie as the Terminator? Perhaps it's something similar to that.
    Of course I'm probably just clutching at straws here to make my idea of them sharing universes work.

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    All those were intentionally put there to serve as 'Easter Eggs,' why? because they all belong to the same genre.
    Yep this is true, it is indeed just a friendly little 'easter egg' reference. But still, seeing as Nathan's psychiatrist is referenced as being named Dr Jacoby then it's possible that this is the same Dr Jacoby from Twin Peaks.
    ...Well probably not, but I'm still going to choose to believe that they are one and the same character anyway just to create a link within my head.