Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Reaction

First Reaction

I saw it coming - I didn't see it coming, but apart from my own expectations of possible events to surface and play out in "Dark Room," episode four did not disappoint in any shape or form. Yes, there were revelations aplenty but the episode as a whole, and true to form, posed more questions than it ventured to answer - which is entirely reasonable after all - the best will be saved until the last so to speak.

No spoilers here today please; this is just a first reaction write of a thoroughly enjoyable, but poignant episode. I was not at all shocked by what happened or what I saw - there were some things that I had long been expecting to happen that did - my biggest question right now is why? And don’t you all know who that is pointed at? Exactly!

To be or not to be?

Thank you Dontnod for another wonderful installment and allowing me to wander around in your universe again.

I have loved, and love every minute of it.
    signature image

I played this game with my friend and when ending happened, both of us rose in applause. That was i call "good ending"

Yes the ending was awesome. I actually started to suspect this twist some moments before it happed (the dialogue before that was just somehow strange and my intuition just went like "wait a moment. What if...")
    But the ending itself and the ep5 tease was great moment. I really hope the last episode will keep this dark theme and they will not go for cliche happyending.

It was a mixture of "I seen it coming" and "why?!" Through the entire episode I was on an emotional rollercoaster. Wonderful episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    I played this game with my friend and when ending happened, both of us rose in applause. That was i call "good ending"
    Well let us hope that episode five has an equally, if not better ending.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    i'm afraid you get me wrong... but it is fine by me, i guess. i do not want to be offensive.

I have a feeling it will. Also, patiently waiting for the few weeks until you post up another awesome theory of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Agarwel View Post
    Yes the ending was awesome. I actually started to suspect this twist some moments before it happed (the dialogue before that was just somehow strange and my intuition just went like "wait a moment. What if...")
    But the ending itself and the ep5 tease was great moment. I really hope the last episode will keep this dark theme and they will not go for cliche happyending.
    I had long suspected that the person who surfaced as Doctor Evil at the end would show up. The one main underlying theme of this game has always been one of death or "new beginnings," but I can't help but think that the ending will be rosier than at first is suggested.
    signature image

i'm afraid you get me wrong... but it is fine by me, i guess. i do not want to be offensive.
    Got you wrong!?

Don't want to be offensive?

What can you be referring to?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    It was a mixture of "I seen it coming" and "why?!" Through the entire episode I was on an emotional rollercoaster. Wonderful episode.
    Yes. I saw a couple of things coming that happened. My biggest question now is motive. Why?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    I have a feeling it will. Also, patiently waiting for the few weeks until you post up another awesome theory of yours.
    Haha! Thanks, but I'm done with theorising for now, there are too many variables to consider. I just want to play the game and I am quite content just to do that.
    signature image

Yes. I saw a couple of things coming that happened. My biggest question now is motive. Why?
    Maybe he has a secret fetish for tortured women? [Dark much?] I don't know. Hopefully this will come to life in the last episode. [Hoping for a Season Two].

And what about there being a binder for Victoria? Was it just a ploy because they all figured out that Max and Chloe were catching on? Or was Jefferson planning all along to....

I can't even think about that without feeling nauseated. We're still not sure if it's Mr. Jefferson's binders. It could be Sean's binders for all we know. [The plot thickens].

Got you wrong!?

Don't want to be offensive?

What can you be referring to?
    Well, if i say it out loud i'm afraid i will be considered as a troll. )

We just have very different perception of this game. I am literally terrified by it.

Well, if i say it out loud i'm afraid i will be considered as a troll. )

We just have very different perception of this game. I am literally terrified by it.
    I actually perceive it for what it is - a game. Unless you explain yourself fully I have no idea what you mean. If you are that terrified by it then perhaps you should reconsider your choice to play it? And since you give mention to the term "troll," I do not think that I care to know.

Thank you.
    signature image

If you are that terrified by it then perhaps you should reconsider your choice to play it?
    Well, i think you right.

Tat chapter was Great . but i hope i have not another dream about tied Max covered with blood.

Blown away. Can't wait for the last chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by ByouRei View Post
    Tat chapter was Great . but i hope i have not another dream about tied Max covered with blood.
    If it is any comfort to you, I will say this. Without the darkness you wouldn't see the light!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Xabungle View Post
    Blown away. Can't wait for the last chapter.
    I am with you on that one.
    signature image

I freaked out because of this episode. I mean, in the end, I was shocked by Chloe's instant death by a almost point blank ranged shot and if that death wasn't enough we get to hear a weeping, sobbing and begging Max in the final scene. Jefferson being the bad guy was expected though.
    Last edited by Alvare; 29th Jul 2015 at 19:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvare View Post
    I freaked out because of this episode. I mean, in the end, I was shocked by Chloe's instant death by a almost point blank ranged shot and if that death wasn't enough we get to hear a weeping, sobbing and begging Max in the final scene. Jefferson being the bad guy was expected though.
    The jury's still out in my mind as to what everything is really all about. And as usual I will mull it over until it all makes more sense to me. The incident with Chloe didn't faze me at all - it was like I expected it in the long run. Still. . .things are never as they seem in Arcadia Bay so we will all have to wait for that final curtain.
    signature image

Well, as an ending -in all cases- they usually tend to give an impression or sensation just because it's an ending so from that perspective is alright, great ending. But for some reason the one that 'shocked' me the most was the ep 3 ending. However, I loved this one too of course.
    Can't wait to see what's next.

I was also not shocked by the final revealation but it was still pretty satisfying because the clues were always there , so it totally made sense .

This might be my personal favourite episode so far . I was genuinly holding back tears at multiple occasions but stilll ended up sobbing
    in front of my lab mates ( I was in my lab playing it ) .

I also loved the fact that previous choices significantly come into play ( unlike the Telltale games I have played ) . The voice actors for Max and Chloe did a fantastic job . I loved

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny_Crockett View Post
    Well, as an ending -in all cases- they usually tend to give an impression or sensation just because it's an ending so from that perspective is alright, great ending. But for some reason the one that 'shocked' me the most was the ep 3 ending. However, I loved this one too of course.
    Can't wait to see what's next.

I guess the ending of this episode just had to show something - or in this case, someone coming to the fore and revealing themselves in their true colours. It is but a smaller cog in a bigger wheel.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_shake View Post
    I was also not shocked by the final revelation but it was still pretty satisfying because the clues were always there , so it totally made sense .
    Yes. . .the clues were always there, some more subtle than others, but there nonetheless.
    signature image

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast