Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    I kinda wonderif Samuel has some big part to play in the last episode. He has a close connection with nature. Perhaps his spirit animal is the squirrel as they are always near him and when you visit the barn a squirrel runs from the side entrance when you discover it.

Samuel also makes that comment to Max that she is connected to time and tide. He didnt really feature in episode 4. Could that be to allow for a bigger surprise reveal in the last?
    I suppose it is a possibility that Samuel will have a more pivotal role to play come the finale, but in truth I think he was just there to establish the lore of spirit animal guides and make them known to us - the players. Luckily for me, I have extensive knowledge of spirit animal guides having made several studies of them in the past, so I was already clued up so to speak, and when the ethereal doe made it's first appearance I knew exactly what it might represent. But getting back to Samuel. . .I do not think he will have any other significant part to play, but there again, in truth, I cannot really know.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Squinn1201 View Post
    What clues? I'm going back to replay to look for them but I only suspected that Jefferson was having a relationship with Victoria. I thought Nathan's father was the bad guy training his son to be his apprentice. Now I think that Jefferson is the one training Nathan. I'm just curious to what clues you discovered.
    I think StrangerThanFiction has covered most of them, and my thanks 'STF' for standing in during my absence - I ran out of time again.

Another clue was to be discovered when studying Jefferson's photography on display in the grounds outside the main doors of the academy. Most of his pictures of young women had them posing submissively and there was something about those postures that did not fit well with me. Rather than capture their facial beauty in portrait, he opted instead for a more abstract image which in itself looked quite disturbing. Another more subtle clue was body language; in the classroom, notice that he always turned his back on all the males in his class and faced Max square on, (there is a picture outside which he took featuring men and the image has his subject with his back to the camera) and that happened more often than not. There are a few more, but those two sprang to mind instantly.

Oh. . .and a somewhat more ambiguous clue was right at the very beginning when he told his class, when referring to Max: "and Max has a gift!" Now that was double edged!
    Last edited by julietxjules; 31st Jul 2015 at 05:08.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    Oh. . .they had to do that finally, we all invested in Kate with all she went through, the worrying thing for me is the fact that they slotted it in to episode four rather than five. Kate is still a witness, and an alive witness at that! So she is not entirely out of the woods yet.
    If Kate had been conscious during her ordeal, for even a single moment, she would be dead by now (like Rachel). Fortunately she never was. She was dropped off at the doorstep, after they were done with her. If they wanted her dead, she would have been. Ergo, Kate is safe.
    signature image

I was totally shocked. The revelation was one of my thoughts, but later in the game after getting a special SMS i thought it would be wrong. In fact, I was wrong.
    After the end, I cried a bit because of the end

Quote Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post
    If Kate had been conscious during her ordeal, for even a single moment, she would be dead by now (like Rachel). Fortunately she never was. She was dropped off at the doorstep, after they were done with her. If they wanted her dead, she would have been. Ergo, Kate is safe.
    No. That's not quite right in my mind. In the pictures we get to see of Kate her eyes are open, and although she may be drugged her eyes would still be sending signals to her brain and thus recording it as memory. She had a memory loss as to what really happened to her but, she did remember waking up in a white room hearing a softly spoken voice. She would have had to be seeing and conscious for her to remember that in the first place. If Kate ever retrieves this memory and reassembles it then this would pose the threat of exposure to the perpetrator/s, ergo. . .placing her in danger. But as with all things unknown it may never become part of the end game - we will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by julietxjules; 1st Aug 2015 at 14:06.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGermanChloeFan View Post
    I was totally shocked. The revelation was one of my thoughts, but later in the game after getting a special SMS i thought it would be wrong. In fact, I was wrong.
    After the end, I cried a bit because of the end
    In all honesty I was not shocked at all. My expectations for what happened had long been in place even though the actual way they played out was different - the result was the same.
    signature image

I suppose on some level I expected that ending but didn't want to acknowledge it. Probably why I felt so anxious and had to take little breaks throughout the episode to calm myself. Hit me harder that way and honestly that is what I prefer. Better to not think too hard about these things because you'll just spoil yourself. It's why I don't listen to fan theories and all that nonsense and when I make predictions it's usually about the little things. Like Alyssa getting knocked into the pool at the party, I totally called that.

Quote Originally Posted by WazzuMan View Post
    I suppose on some level I expected that ending but didn't want to acknowledge it. Probably why I felt so anxious and had to take little breaks throughout the episode to calm myself. Hit me harder that way and honestly that is what I prefer. Better to not think too hard about these things because you'll just spoil yourself. It's why I don't listen to fan theories and all that nonsense and when I make predictions it's usually about the little things. Like Alyssa getting knocked into the pool at the party, I totally called that.
    I tend to keep away from fan theories too - especially those on YouTube. I know all of us have our own ideas and perspectives on the game itself; it's a natural process that comes with playing a game such as this one which is replete with mystery and intrigue. The smaller things such as the events with Alyssa are fun to call - as you rightly point out - because they fit a pattern that playing the game has led us to expect.

I personally am unable to decide how I think the game will end and, I am no longer preoccupied with trying to reach the finishing tape before the race is run. I just want to play it out and see what happens, but I will confess to an impatience in waiting for that moment to come.
    signature image

I think StrangerThanFiction has covered most of them, and my thanks 'STF' for standing in during my absence - I ran out of time again.
    You're welcome Juliet. Like Max's says to Chloe: "I'm nosy not precise."

I might pull back from trying to come up with theories now. Like you said, too many variables to be considered (and too many possibilities.) But I won't stop finding all the clues I can.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    You're welcome Juliet. Like Max's says to Chloe: "I'm nosy not precise."

I might pull back from trying to come up with theories now. Like you said, too many variables to be considered (and too many possibilities.) But I won't stop finding all the clues I can.
    Haha! I'm nosy not precise. . .I like it.

But seriously though; I am with you on the theory thing, during the times of episode three I couldn't stop thinking about it and it drove me to distraction resulting in my knickers getting in a twist! (did I really just say that?) Anyhoo. . .to make matters worse, at the end of "Dark Room" that silly doe turned up again and watched as Max and Chloe discovered Rachel's corpse. Arghhhh!!! What does it all mean? . . .Don't answer that!
    signature image

I know one thing, of all the waits this is definitely going to be the worst. We got maybe 7 or 8 weeks minimum before the fates of our heroes are finally revealed. I just want to get through this, let the game tell the story, and see if my heart can handle whatever Dontnod have in store. I'm hoping for multiple endings; good endings, bad endings and possibly even a "Game Over" ending like in Beyond: Two Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by WazzuMan View Post
    I know one thing, of all the waits this is definitely going to be the worst. We got maybe 7 or 8 weeks minimum before the fates of our heroes are finally revealed. I just want to get through this, let the game tell the story, and see if my heart can handle whatever Dontnod have in store. I'm hoping for multiple endings; good endings, bad endings and possibly even a "Game Over" ending like in Beyond: Two Souls.
    I am usually quite a patient person in general but in this case my resolve in the matter will be severely tested. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the release of the finale goes beyond the waiting time for episode four; Dontnod will be just as nervous about how it will be received as we will about end game satisfaction - there's much riding on it - so they will try and make absolutely sure that everything is as perfect and polished as it can be. I just hope the game has an epic ending that will not be forgotten easily. I hope!
    signature image

Endings nearly always disappoint, has to be about the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by BinnieBob View Post
    Endings nearly always disappoint, has to be about the ride.

If I considered this game a bog standard affair then I would agree, most games can and do, at times, disappoint with their less than adequate endings, but as I truly consider this game to be leagues ahead from most others, I would hope the ending will be to and, devoid of the humdrum of constant repetition.
    signature image

Some great games have disappointed with their endings, sometimes just because it's one long cut scene. I guess no one ending ever pleases everyone anyway. A perfect ending is the cherry on the cake, it can still be a great cake without the cherry on top. Hope for the best, but don't expect it. Not at all sure how I want it to end, was kind of leaning to one opening the door to new adventures, but it's pretty clear that LIS is a self contained conclusive story, so won't be that lol.

Hi, I am still stunned by the episode 4 ending... No please, don't hurt Max... ))=
    However, I had my suspects on Jeffersons, even during episode 1 when we heard him make that strange phone call.
    However, the dark room was greatly inspired by the movie 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'.

In that case - if you were stunned - then prepare to be stunned again because in all probability, and apart from the storm, there is something bigger coming over the horizon. Episode five is definitely not going to end on a whimper!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by BinnieBob View Post
    Some great games have disappointed with their endings, sometimes just because it's one long cut scene. I guess no one ending ever pleases everyone anyway. A perfect ending is the cherry on the cake, it can still be a great cake without the cherry on top. Hope for the best, but don't expect it. Not at all sure how I want it to end, was kind of leaning to one opening the door to new adventures, but it's pretty clear that LIS is a self contained conclusive story, so won't be that lol.
    Well. . .come eight or so weeks time we shall all find out.
    signature image

Stranger Than Fiction: Before reading your post, I went back and replayed the game again looking for clues myself. I'm glad to say that I found all of your clues except

And now for my theoy...

I can't wait for episode 5!!!

Another clue was to be discovered when studying Jefferson's photography on display in the grounds outside the main doors of the academy. Most of his pictures of young women had them posing submissively and there was something about those postures that did not fit well with me. Rather than capture their facial beauty in portrait, he opted instead for a more abstract image which in itself looked quite disturbing. Another more subtle clue was body language; in the classroom, notice that he always turned his back on all the males in his class and faced Max square on, (there is a picture outside which he took featuring men and the image has his subject with his back to the camera) and that happened more often than not. There are a few more, but those two sprang to mind instantly.

Oh. . .and a somewhat more ambiguous clue was right at the very beginning when he told his class, when referring to Max: "and Max has a gift!" Now that was double edged!
    I also picked up on this one...

I also picked up on this one...
    Yes. You're quite right. I noticed that too, but because the episode is still relatively new it completely slipped my mind.
    signature image

Yes. You're quite right. I noticed that too, but because the episode is still relatively new it completely slipped my mind.
    Oh and 1 more thing I realized...

At then end of the vortex club party during that sequence, you see Nathan go to Victoria's room. Then you see someone putting together Kate's album. That person was definitely Mr. Jefferson! You can tell by the suit they are wearing!

Oh and 1 more thing I realized...

At then end of the vortex club party during that sequence, you see Nathan go to Victoria's room. Then you see someone putting together Kate's album. That person was definitely Mr. Jefferson! You can tell by the suit they are wearing!
    Is that after Max and Chloe leave the party?
    signature image

im think Squinn1201 refered ending ep 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ByouRei View Post
    im think Squinn1201 refered ending ep 2.
    That's what I am thinking.
    signature image

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast