Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Episode 4 Theories [SPOILERS]

  1. #1

    Episode 4 Theories [SPOILERS]

    I had this bad feeling through my body after the end of episode two that Mr. Jefferson was somehow involved with the entire situation. I don't know why [even after Juliet said that it was too obvious for it to be anything important], but it still got to me. The way that he was talking, the entire one-sided conversation...it sent chills down my spine. [I didn't know you could actually "listen in" on the convo until my third save [I'm such a great detective. *Sarcasm intended.*].

    After completing episode 4, I have so many theories as to exactly HOW Jefferson is involved. I won't go through all of them, but I will talk about one thing that's on my mind.

    - Mark Jefferson the one taking the tortured photographs. There's no REAL proof that Nathan does photography, all we have is some equipment in his room and that threatening photo in Episode 1 [if you tell on him to the Principal.] The reason why I believe so is because Dontnod; to this point, shows almost every photographers style [We've seen Max's, Victoria's....you get the picture], but I don't remember an instance where we've seen a photo that Mark Jefferson has taken which is why I'm lead to believe that the photographs are all of his doing.

    Feel free to share any, and all, theories you have about Episode 4 and any theories that you have on how Episode 5 will play out. I personally think that either Nathan will help us out, or Victoria saves us before anything incredibly terrible happens [and also sees Jefferson in this light.]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    2
    I think you can see some of Jefferson’s photos in front of Blackwell’s main building right after you leave it in Episode 1?

  3. #3
    Those were Jefferson's? I don't recall seeing them, but I don't pay a whole lot of attention to detail [some of the small stuff still slips by me. Hehe. Mind getting a screenshot of that for me please?]. But I still believe that Jefferson is taking the tortured/bondage photos [whichever word you prefer]; or at least Rachel's. Nathan possibly done some of Kate's [Kind of breaking my idea of Nathan not doing photography. Chloe does mention that Nathan came at her with a camera]. Jefferson is mentoring Nathan, but I wonder to what degree.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    I had this bad feeling through my body after the end of episode two that Mr. Jefferson was somehow involved with the entire situation. I don't know why [even after Juliet said that it was too obvious for it to be anything important], but it still got to me. The way that he was talking, the entire one-sided conversation...it sent chills down my spine. [I didn't know you could actually "listen in" on the convo until my third save [I'm such a great detective. *Sarcasm intended.*].

    After completing episode 4, I have so many theories as to exactly HOW Jefferson is involved. I won't go through all of them, but I will talk about one thing that's on my mind.

    - Mark Jefferson the one taking the tortured photographs. There's no REAL proof that Nathan does photography, all we have is some equipment in his room and that threatening photo in Episode 1 [if you tell on him to the Principal.] The reason why I believe so is because Dontnod; to this point, shows almost every photographers style [We've seen Max's, Victoria's....you get the picture], but I don't remember an instance where we've seen a photo that Mark Jefferson has taken which is why I'm lead to believe that the photographs are all of his doing.

    Feel free to share any, and all, theories you have about Episode 4 and any theories that you have on how Episode 5 will play out. I personally think that either Nathan will help us out, or Victoria saves us before anything incredibly terrible happens [and also sees Jefferson in this light.]
    I'm going back from ep. 1 now to look for "clues". In the first class with Jefferson, he's talking about how he can put anyone in a "dark corner and capture them in a moment of desperation". Hmmm, there's clue #1. Clue #2 is the phone conversation.
    However I didn't suspect Jefferson I thought he was having a relationship with Victoria. I think that he is training Nathan to be his apprentice. Maybe he's even related to Nathan in some way? I'm going to keep playing and find more clues.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1
    You definitely do see some of his work around Blackwell Academy, and it's all of girls in the typical submissive positions you see in the folders in the Dark Room. If you search The Geek Remix on youtube or tumblr, they post very detailed videos about these sort of things. They have ones especially for Mr. Jefferson as well that talk about this stuff.

  6. #6
    Why does Jefferson only target women? And if Nathan wasn't at the Vortex Club Party and not at the Junkyard, where was he?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsSassy View Post
    You definitely do see some of his work around Blackwell Academy, and it's all of girls in the typical submissive positions you see in the folders in the Dark Room. If you search The Geek Remix on youtube or tumblr, they post very detailed videos about these sort of things. They have ones especially for Mr. Jefferson as well that talk about this stuff.
    Yeah, that's true. We find photographies of both Nathan and Jefferson during the gameplay.

    But surely there's a relationship between the Prescott family and Jefferson, because the "Dark Room" is in a property of the rich family. Well, about Jefferson photography style, it's indeed a little bit dark and resembles Nathan's works. They work together, and that's a fact because Nathan appears in some photographies found in the photo album in the "Dark Room."

    Anyone remember what was the last thing Kate said to Jefferson just before she attempt suicide (in my current gameplay, she died)? I think she knew all about him and was suppressed, mainly, by the Prescott family who have a role in all of this, just like our Maxine when she accused Nathan of have a gun to the Principal. If you pay close attention, Kate always took Jefferson's classes sitting backwards to him, isn't that curious and now sad?

    In my gameplay, Chloe was shot in the head by Jefferson when she attempted to shoot him, and probably is dead. But people, if we recall the things that happened with them just before that, Warren took a selfie with Max before she attend the "End of the World" party, didn't he? So, yes, he will accidently save Chloe's life when Max return to that point and make things different. I still hope she does that and, obviously, who wrote the plot think as well as me.
    Last edited by RaulRoque; 1st Aug 2015 at 01:01.

  8. #8
    In this timeline Jeferson and his aly is alredy dead. Gils dont clean their evidence board then if David see this a think he will be act. is interesting in the games we demad hapy ending. and yes Dreamffal and Mass Effect teach us.

    Hoho i just start 2th cicle with this game and in first im dont speak with David in garage. HE knows!
    Last edited by ByouRei; 1st Aug 2015 at 03:07.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    Those were Jefferson's? I don't recall seeing them, but I don't pay a whole lot of attention to detail [some of the small stuff still slips by me. Hehe. Mind getting a screenshot of that for me please?]. But I still believe that Jefferson is taking the tortured/bondage photos [whichever word you prefer]; or at least Rachel's. Nathan possibly done some of Kate's [Kind of breaking my idea of Nathan not doing photography. Chloe does mention that Nathan came at her with a camera]. Jefferson is mentoring Nathan, but I wonder to what degree.
    Nathan has taken a 'Jefferson' type photo of a drugged Chloe (you can find it in one of his drawers)
    signature image

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    I had this bad feeling through my body after the end of episode two that Mr. Jefferson was somehow involved with the entire situation. I don't know why [even after Juliet said that it was too obvious for it to be anything important], but it still got to me.
    Did I really say that? Must have been early days. Oh my, how times have changed.
    signature image

  11. #11
    My theory is this...

    I think that Mr. Jefferson saw the dark in Nathan's photos and along with his mental state, thought he would make a perfect apprentice. SO I think he is training Nathan to do what he's probably done for a long time. "Put anyone in a dark corner and photograph them at their most vulnerable". Nathan may be having some kind of remorse (his dark room drawing) but he's so screwed up that he can't stop it or doing this has made him even more screwed up. Mr. Jefferson is, I believe, a narcissist. He believes he is smarter than everyone and will not get caught. Going back and replaying, you can see that he is a bit full of himself. Mr. Jefferson is like Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Hyde. During the day he is the light, a photographer and teacher, at night he turns into something evil.

    Were any of these girls raped? It was never really said. I guess you can presume they were, but I don't think they were. I think they were photographed in suggestive manner. I think he gets off on them being vulnerable.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTonTom View Post
    Why does Jefferson only target women? And if Nathan wasn't at the Vortex Club Party and not at the Junkyard, where was he?
    Nathan was with Vanessa after the Vortex Club party. You see in in the ending montage. Also the person putting together Kate's album at the end was clearly Jefferson, he had a suit on.

  13. #13
    OMG! I JUST FIGURED OUT SOMETHING ELSE! And it may give an insight or clue into Mr. Jefferson! We all know that the license plates are all tv shows that the creators like. Well Mr. Jefferson's is TPFTHLK. I thought it was somehow related to The Incredible Hulk (which would make sense with the Bruce Banner turns into angry Hulk) but the letters just didn't fit.
    I found out that it is actually a reference to a show called "Top of the Lake". It was a foreign film but it was aired on the Sundance Channel. It was about a pregnant 12 year old who disappeared. On IMDB the description reads "When pregnant, 12-year-old Tui tries to kill herself in a freezing New Zealand lake, Detective Robin Griffin has plenty of questions for the girl. But when Tui suddenly disappears, Griffin finds herself knee-deep in small-town secrets." Hmmm, interesting.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Squinn1201 View Post
    Nathan was with Vanessa after the Vortex Club party. You see in in the ending montage. Also the person putting together Kate's album at the end was clearly Jefferson, he had a suit on.
    I didn't get an ending montage :/

    Vanessa as in Max's mum?

    I know it was Jefferson at the end. I didn't suggest that it wasn't.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTonTom View Post
    I didn't get an ending montage :/

    Vanessa as in Max's mum?

    I know it was Jefferson at the end. I didn't suggest that it wasn't.
    Vanessa?? I think Victoria is the intended name. And I think the end of episode two is being cross-wired with episode four.
    signature image

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post
    Vanessa?? I think Victoria is the intended name. And I think the end of episode two is being cross-wired with episode four.
    Okay, Squinn said that Nathan was with Vanessa after the Vortex Club Party as shown in the ending montage.

    Another question - I see people calling Jefferson a serial killer even though he has only killed one person. How did Kate escape? Or why was she not killed? She can't remember anything about the event herself?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTonTom View Post
    Okay, Squinn said that Nathan was with Vanessa after the Vortex Club Party as shown in the ending montage.

    Another question - I see people calling Jefferson a serial killer even though he has only killed one person. How did Kate escape? Or why was she not killed? She can't remember anything about the event herself?

    I am sure that Squinn meant Victoria, Nathan entered her room in the montage at the end of episode two. Jefferson is thought of like that because right now he has shown his hand, but I am sure there is more involved and, that is still to come.
    signature image

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by julietxjules View Post

    I am sure that Squinn meant Victoria, Nathan entered her room in the montage at the end of episode two. Jefferson is thought of like that because right now he has shown his hand, but I am sure there is more involved and, that is still to come.
    Ok, but Squinn almost mentioned the montage appeared 'after the Vortex party', which happened in ep. 4.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •