Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Guilty or not? [spoilers]

  1. #1

    Guilty or not? [spoilers]

    Despite the fact that the game some inconsistencys and some lazy writing i thing it would be fun to try to deduce Nathan's true role in game's plot.

    I see those probabilitys for Nathan:

    -Nathan is willing accomplice to Jefferson. Their partnership is equal.
    -Nathan is willing accomplice to Jefferson. Jefferson is hired/forced by Nathan or his father.
    -Nathan is unwilling accomplice to Jefferson. He is forced by Jefferson.
    -Nathan is unwilling accomplice to Jefferson. He is forced by his father.
    -Nathan is unawere of what is happening. He have no active role in the story.
    -Nathan is unawere of what is happening. He wants to find out and he is trying to do something about it.
    -Nathan is fully awere of what is happening, but he can't/do not want/afraid to do something about it.
    -Nathan is know something. He wants to track Jefferson down.

    Do you see any other probabilitys? Please, share.

    Although it seems like Nathan is guilty i think it would be much more interesting if he, in fact, innocent. Let us point every flaw in "Nathan is guilty" theory. I see no need pointing any flaws in "Nathan is innocent" theory - because it seems unlikely by itself, and thus, pointing flaws would be no fun.

    -By the buttons on code panel of the door of underground vault it would be safe to say that the code panel was used very often. Why does Nathan need to have the code on papper? If he the one who was using that panel, shouldn't he remember it?

    -He told out about Rachel and the dark room and even draw a picture. If he knew that Rachel is dead and he took his part in killing her, didn't he gave himself away by doing so?

    -We can see unconscious Nathan near Rachel on photo. Is he just posed?

    -We can't know for sure that it was Nathan who send the final message.

    Do you see any other flaws? Please, share.
    Last edited by Xeva-q; 29th Jul 2015 at 01:03.

  2. #2
    - He was working alongside David Madsen. They're probably trying to get some intell on Jefferson. Maybe he's not a douche like his father. [Which goes alongside your fourth possibility.] [Also remember what Chloe and Max saw while searching through Wells' computer?]

    - Even though he's off the handle, I don't believe that Nathan would ever kill anybody. Sure, he has proven that he can inflict bodily harm, but the fact that he has a book about guns in his room (which, my theory, after just completing said episode, was probably gifted to him by Jefferson.)
    Last edited by StrangerThanFiction; 29th Jul 2015 at 18:38. Reason: Chloe mentions Nathan coming at her with a camera.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    Also remember what Chloe and Max saw while searching through Wells' computer?
    Could you tell, please, what exactly do you mean?

  4. #4
    "David M. always asks what's in my head. David M. helps me follow those he follows." Or something to that effect.

  5. #5
    - Back in the diner at episode 3, Nathan was startled by you at first, thinking you are Rachel, and seemed kinda happy to see her. If he knew her true situation, I don't think he would act that way.

    It's clear to us that Nathan is a truly disturbed character, with a father who doesn't seem to care about what he wants/needs at all. There's some really messed up scheme going on, and I think Nathan is being used as a puppet for whatever it is, and is under a lot of pressure. He may have some kind of breakdown at the end and try to stop what's gonna happen to me. That's why i, back at the boy's dorm, stopped Warren from beating him up so Chloe wouldn't take his gun. That's one of a million things i think may happen.

    By the way, about Nathan and Rachel photo, I think he is as dosed as her.
    Last edited by streetgeistt; 29th Jul 2015 at 22:26. Reason: typo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    15
    The one thing that doesn't speak in Nathan's favor is the fact that he drugged Chloe and took pictures of her. That suggests that he's trying to copy Jefferson. So I'm not so sure he's doing this against his will. His role in the death of Rachel is the big question mark. He doesn't seem capable of killing someone in cold blood. So I don't think it's a question of whether or not he's guilty. The question is how guilty.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Draikin View Post
    The one thing that doesn't speak in Nathan's favor is the fact that he drugged Chloe and took pictures of her. That suggests that he's trying to copy Jefferson. So I'm not so sure he's doing this against his will. His role in the death of Rachel is the big question mark. He doesn't seem capable of killing someone in cold blood. So I don't think it's a question of whether or not he's guilty. The question is how guilty.
    Remember the note on the comp in the dark room? Jefferson is mentoring Nathan (to prove your point of how he's not being completely forces to do it). There is still a serious question mark on his involvement with Rachel, however both Chloe and Kate mention Nathan specifically (And Kate also mentioned someone speaking in a soft voice: Jefferson.) So there's no question of his involvement with Chloe or Kate. I don't think.he wanted (or even meant to) kill Rachel. I place more responsibility on Jefferson for that predicament.
    Last edited by StrangerThanFiction; 30th Jul 2015 at 04:23. Reason: Typed wrong name.

  8. #8
    I think you have to wait for the last episode to analize this, the story isn't over yet so is natural to see the loose ends like what the hell the proffesor has to do with all of this. I kinda suspected of him (or at least caught my attention) in that part where you're going to the classroom but before going in you have a little chat with him and then he recives a phone call and step aside (and then you still play), but if you stay there and listen he sounds weird (regarding the call) like if he's hiding something.
    But one thing is for certain and is that there seems to be some partnership with Nathan, or something. Hopefully we'll know in the next episode.

  9. #9
    Nathan probably is a creep, but not a killer. Right at the beginning, when he shoots Chloe, he shows instant regret.

    About Jefferson, maybe that isn't even his real name. What if he's that Harry Aaron prescott? I know that's not likely, but would explain his association with the Prescotts.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by streetgeistt View Post
    About Jefferson, maybe that isn't even his real name. What if he's that Harry Aaron prescott? I know that's not likely, but would explain his association with the Prescotts.
    Yeah I thought the same thing. There is a selfie of him in the barn. Perhaps if someone were to draw facial hair and glasses on him it may look the same as Jefferson.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by streetgeistt View Post
    Nathan probably is a creep, but not a killer. Right at the beginning, when he shoots Chloe, he shows instant regret.

    About Jefferson, maybe that isn't even his real name. What if he's that Harry Aaron prescott? I know that's not likely, but would explain his association with the Prescotts.
    Things aren't always as they seem in Arcadia Bay, so it could be possible.

  12. #12

    Nathan's photo from everyday hero contest looks like strait-up threat to Jefferson.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    There is enough evidence to suggest Nathan is willing in so far as Jefferson is not forcing him. Careful manipulation maybe.
    The strong medications Nathan is on would suggest mental health problems, and judging by his actions and behaviour, possible psychosis, meaning in the eyes of the law he is not accountable for his actions. Though he would need to be sectioned under the mental health act.

  14. #14
    There is enough evidence to suggest Nathan is willing in so far as Jefferson is not forcing him. Careful manipulation maybe.
    Well, yes, but it can be just a smokescreen for player. It would be not wise for authors to be that straight-forward. But i would be lying if i say that i think that authors is wise, yeah

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneddonator View Post
    Yeah I thought the same thing. There is a selfie of him in the barn. Perhaps if someone were to draw facial hair and glasses on him it may look the same as Jefferson.
    I don't know... They're way too different.



    Maybe he lost weight and had this "hipster" haircut.

  16. #16
    FUuuuuuuuuuuuusion haaa!!


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    163
    That's hilarious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •