Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode 4 General thoughts (Spoilers, duh!)

Kate doesn't really help that much, she is just very thankful and happy again she looks better, and I think Maybe they didn't kill Kate, because they were olabning the suicide, i mesn, they drugged her and then Nathan (as an acomplice for Jefferson) made sure to bully her so hard so she commit suicide, so People dont get suspicious for another disappearing girl after a vortex club party, after all the rachel propaganda around the campus.
    and i think People forget about Warren And Max selfie before entering the party, i think that pic is key for ep5

[QUOTE=Nox_Dogma;2142590]The Doe is Max's Spirit Animal.

I know.. but why does she appear in this scene?
    It seems to be connected somehow. Or iam just overthinking it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Bimelim View Post
    It seems to be connected somehow. Or iam just overthinking it xD
    Doen't think too hard about it....sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambo_is_Strange View Post
    Both of them just lost their focus after finding Rachel dead which led to those irrational choices.
    This is a behavior you can see quite often throughout people dealing with the death of their beloved ones.
    Just remember Chloe blaming William and Joye for her suffering when they found the diary in the RV.
    People tend to do extremely irrational things if they go through emotional trauma.
    I mean Chloe didn't even care about the fact, there are two f***ing moons in the sky
    Well, unluckily, I had some experience with emotional trauma in the past, some of my friends died young, even someone very close to me. It hurts and it most likely scars you for life. Yes you don't care if there are 2 or 3 moons in the sky. But you don't just go out to get killed either. And even if you want to... if someone is there who really loves you, they'll stop you.

I'm wondering how Mr. Jefferson got that gun anyways. Either Nathan gave it to him and payed him to kill her or he is working for Nathan. That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel4ever View Post
    Something doesn't quite make sense here tho... How come they didn't kill Kate? She died in my canon, so I can't find out.
    Anyone who saved her can help us here? Maybe she gave Max some clue about this on this episode?
    The Only thing Kate does is give Max Nathan's dorm room number

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel4ever View Post
    Something doesn't quite make sense here tho... How come they didn't kill Kate? She died in my canon, so I can't find out.
    Anyone who saved her can help us here? Maybe she gave Max some clue about this on this episode?
    We have no proof that anyone but Rachel were killed. And, if Rachel was the only one who was killed the question is - why Rachel was killed?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeva-q View Post
    We have no proof that anyone but Rachel were killed. And, if Rachel was the only one who was killed the question is - why Rachel was killed?
    Hello i thinks. Ironically because Frank sell them "water" (in one of Nathan SMS). Then she wakeup.

Quote Originally Posted by ByouRei View Post
    Hello i thinks. Ironically because Frank sell them "water" (in one of Nathan SMS). Then she wakeup.
    i agree.
    think about poor Lisa.

By the way, there is a quote by Confucius, commonly used in Russia:

“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.”

Quote Originally Posted by KiraS94 View Post
    Well, unluckily, I had some experience with emotional trauma in the past, some of my friends died young, even someone very close to me. It hurts and it most likely scars you for life. Yes you don't care if there are 2 or 3 moons in the sky. But you don't just go out to get killed either. And even if you want to... if someone is there who really loves you, they'll stop you.
    You can't make generalizations here.
    Some people are more capable of dealing with it and others don't.
    Some will become very silent and sad, others will become angry and careless.
    Chloe has clearly an issue with her way of dealing with fear and bereavement.

Like I said, them going to the yard felt a little forced by the story but I just wanted to point out, that it's not to unrealistic either.
    Max's reaction on the other hand was way more unusual than Chloe's but I already mentioned this in my first post.
    signature image

Another stellar review for LiS. By the way, what did you guys think about the cork board scene? http://www.examiner.com/review/life-...nd-blown-again

Quote Originally Posted by RuleNumber6 View Post
    Another stellar review for LiS. By the way, what did you guys think about the cork board scene? http://www.examiner.com/review/life-...nd-blown-again
    I thought it was an interesting twist to the game. It made me feel like a full fledge detective. I was able to easily get it done in almost one go (took me two tries to get the last clue down. Also, the cellphone pin was a bit tricky, but at least there was the PUK number.) I enjoyed it, though I can see why not everyone would.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    I thought it was an interesting twist to the game. It made me feel like a full fledge detective. I was able to easily get it done in almost one go (took me two tries to get the last clue down. Also, the cellphone pin was a bit tricky, but at least there was the PUK number.) I enjoyed it, though I can see why not everyone would.
    Yeah it was definitely a fun episode, but the cork board stuff was meh. I should've checked out the PUK number first though lol, what was I thinking not doing that. Enjoyed the ending a lot though. Like the photo with the owl in the barn, cute lil guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleNumber6 View Post
    Yeah it was definitely a fun episode, but the cork board stuff was meh. I should've checked out the PUK number first though lol, what was I thinking not doing that. Enjoyed the ending a lot though. Like the photo with the owl in the barn, cute lil guy.
    I have to replay episode 4 in collectible mode so I can get all the photos. I think the only one that I got was the owl. :c.

I can understand you not liking the cork board stuff. I'm a big CSI fan (used to watch it a lot when I watched TV, also played the PC games. Frustrating at some points, but they were still fun games), so it kinda reminded me of a CSI puzzle. I'm such a nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerThanFiction View Post
    I have to replay episode 4 in collectible mode so I can get all the photos. I think the only one that I got was the owl. :c.

I can understand you not liking the cork board stuff. I'm a big CSI fan (used to watch it a lot when I watched TV, also played the PC games. Frustrating at some points, but they were still fun games), so it kinda reminded me of a CSI puzzle. I'm such a nerd.
    That's a cool way of looking at it! Bet it was fun being a CSI fan We, my friend, are all nerds

I knew Mr. Jefferson was bad!! Who else here actually picked him out of the 3 with principal Wells. Be honest here

Quote Originally Posted by Falcgun View Post
    I knew Mr. Jefferson was bad!! Who else here actually picked him out of the 3 with principal Wells. Be honest here
    I got Nathan suspended on two saves, and David fired on the last save. However, I had my suspensions on Jefferson since the end of Episode 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcgun View Post
    I had fleetly thoughts it would be Jefferson, but thought maybe even Chloe was more likely than Jefferson. I was way off. All makes sense now, but yeah that was a shocker!

i miss footprints and moon with #.
    Personaly sometime i think Chloe is idiot. she act like that was a child play, nod deadly thing. But another look she is unlucky.
    She Borow money for Rachel to runaway. Rachel cheat her with "banker".

Maybe this was mentioned before, but what do you guys think of the events at the end of each chapter (snow, eclipse, etc)?
    I had the theory that it was the time lines sort of "converging", and with this chapter's dual moons it kinda makes sense, 'cause you can clearly see that one of the moons is fading in and out, and if you think about it every event so far could be attributed to something that could be happening at a different point in time in another reality: snow because of a different season, eclipse thanks to celestial bodies being at a different place in space at that time, dead whales because of a difference in tides (maybe?) and now an "illusionary" moon in a different position because...orbit xD
    Idk, just wanted to point that out, feel free to call me out/correct me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ElShadow View Post
    Maybe this was mentioned before, but what do you guys think of the events at the end of each chapter (snow, eclipse, etc)?
    I had the theory that it was the time lines sort of "converging", and with this chapter's dual moons it kinda makes sense, 'cause you can clearly see that one of the moons is fading in and out, and if you think about it every event so far could be attributed to something that could be happening at a different point in time in another reality: snow because of a different season, eclipse thanks to celestial bodies being at a different place in space at that time, dead whales because of a difference in tides (maybe?) and now an "illusionary" moon in a different position because...orbit xD
    Idk, just wanted to point that out, feel free to call me out/correct me on this.
    actually does sound very reasonable! you might be onto something.

my general thoughts on episode 4: Best episode so far, but like i said in the "is she dead?"-thread, the ending to me was a letdown and kind of ruined the episode for me, if not the whole game. like i said i think they just want to keep messing with us so my feeling is we are never gonna see Max and Chloe together, no matter what is gonna be changed or not. like i said there, the "best case scenario" is probably gonna be Chloe ending up with Rachel Amber in a timeline where Max went back far enough to save Rachel. I hope I am wrong though.

But as this ending with Chloe's sudden death I'm really not sure I wanne finish this game I loved so much until this point. I think I am just gonna google when it releases if it is possible to bring back Chloe with Warren's drunken selfy so she is back in the current timeline. If that is the case I am gonna play it, but everything else is gonna be a turnout I don't really wann see. might sound a bit brat-ish, but if the game strayed too far from the path it has been laying out so far it would just lose all my interest.

Chloe X Rachel seems really unlikely. Even if Rachel ends up being alive at the end of the game somehow, she already had a relationship with Frank. And he needs her more than anyone. It also seems to me that Max has always been the person Chloe wanted to be with.

That said, I really do hope we can save Rachel. But it feels unlikely now. Saving her means another big reset that would invalidate our previous choices. Max seemed to have made the decision not to make that kind of change anymore...

On a side note. It wont surprise me if that scene after the credits where the syringe is filled ends up being someone else in the dark room and not Jefferson. Perhaps Nathan finally cracking or his father and somehow Jefferson ends up incapacitated allowing Max to escape.

Here is one more mind-f@&k to think about. What if the body they found is actually Max's. They didnt look at it properly and imagine the twist is that Rachel is alive and the intersecting time line comes to that point. We see the doe there because that is Maxs body after all.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast