Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode 4 General thoughts (Spoilers, duh!)

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel4ever View Post
    Further to what I just said, I just realized how bad this episode affected me.

I cried like a little girl at the beginning, and at the first Junkyard scene. I just wanted to hold Chloe so tight and never let go...
    And then, the end came. I felt numbed. I literally did not feel anything when Chloe got shot... Until now, 20 minutes later... Finally I'm processing it... And now I feel like my heart has been broken into so many pieces that they can pass through a keyhole. The thought that I might not be able to go back is just... Holy ...
    Same for me, I also didn't really feel anything when she got shot.
    This was just way to fast to process and it took some time afterwards to do so.
    Even Max didn't really have a chance to process what just happened, I'm very curious about her reaction when she recovers.

I was sure Jefferson is involved in all this but I was not expecting him to be this cold blooded.
    I thought he was doing this for the sake of art, still a very f*** up way to do this of course.
    Now he seems more like a serial killer than just a very disturbed artist.

To be honest, I don't think Chloe's death will be final.
    Just because of the way she died, this just isn't the death scene deserves (which sounds weird).
    If they decide to take Chloe away in at least one possible ending, I'm sure it will be more like the final moment of the alternate timeline.
    A lot of tears, Max telling her how much she means to her and a huuuuuuuuge hug of course.
    Not just getting shot in the head because they acted too careless.
    There will be a lot more sacrifice, choice and talking before this happens in my opinion.
    So I think Max will go back and at least say goodbye to Chloe and not just fade away like this at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SimseLaJepssimse View Post
    Can someone please Explain the ending of episode 4??? Nathan texting chloe and it's mr jefferson that kills her????? Wtaf???? I am so confused right now ..... Can i save chloe? What did i do wrong?!?!
    1. Nathan is still highly involved into this and some kinda assistant to Jefferson
    2. Jefferson stole Nathans phone or faked the number to mislead Max and Chloe

I think there will be a way to (temporary) save Chloe.
    Maybe she still is going to die but her death will not be this pointless and more of a sacrifice.
    signature image

I would say that it could be possible to save Chloes life. Maybe if we get a picture of before the event, like Warrens Selfie or the promo picture with Max staring at her wall in her dorm room, that is one of the promo pictres of Episode 5.
    There just HAS TO be a possibility to keep Chloe alive. as you can see in my name, she is the most important character in every game i've ever played. So much pain and loss and yet so much beauty and hope......How do they call it when you're a bit in love with a fictional character?
    Well, all I want to say is that this Episode freaked me out, much more than the last Episodes. It has the perfect duration, the perfect emotional moments, the perfect story line. I would change nothing despite rescuing somehow Chloes life.
    Thanks so much Square Enix and also Dontnod Entertainment. Oh no, now my tears come again...

@ZeGermanChloeFan

das sehe ich genauso!
    Warren wollte so dringend ein Bild mit Max das es durchaus denkbar (und sehr wahrscheinlich) ist das es in EP5 für eine Zeitreise herhalten muss.
    Alternativ hoffe ich das wir alle so viele falsche Entscheidungen getroffen haben das keiner das "alternative" Ende von EP4 gesehen hat. (gibts wahrscheinlich nicht, wäre aber eine tolle Neuerung, siehe feedback & suggestions)

--
    did somebody tried to go to the Junkyard without the gun?
    is there an alternative ending for EP4? as i wrote in Feedback & Suggestions, we have actions and consequences, but no alternative "cliffhanger". thats not fair! i don't want to see that ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Wambo_is_Strange View Post
    This was just way to fast to process and it took some time afterwards to do so.
    Even Max didn't really have a chance to process what just happened, I'm very curious about her reaction when she recovers.

I was sure Jefferson is involved in all this but I was not expecting him to be this cold blooded.
    I thought he was doing this for the sake of art, still a very f*** up way to do this of course.
    Now he seems more like a serial killer than just a very disturbed artist.

Just because of the way she died, this just isn't the death scene deserves (which sounds weird).
    If they decide to take Chloe away in at least one possible ending, I'm sure it will be more like the final moment of the alternate timeline.
    A lot of tears, Max telling her how much she means to her and a huuuuuuuuge hug of course.
    There will be a lot more sacrifice, choice and talking before this happens in my opinion.
    So I think Max will go back and at least say goodbye to Chloe and not just fade away like this at this moment.

1. Nathan is still highly involved into this and some kinda assistant to Jefferson
    2. Jefferson stole Nathans phone or faked the number to mislead Max and Chloe

I think there will be a way to (temporary) save Chloe.
    Maybe she still is going to die but her death will not be this pointless and more of a sacrifice.
    Can you tell me how you solved the situation with Frank? I gave him the money, but still Chloe shot him in the leg. But there must be a possibility to harm no one

yes, there is a solution without harming Frank!
    and you don't have to give him the money.

give the correct answers!
    for example:

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGermanChloeFan View Post
    Can you tell me how you solved the situation with Frank? I gave him the money, but still Chloe shot him in the leg. But there must be a possibility to harm no one
    I didn't stole the money, so this was not an option for me.
    I managed to get him to hand over his information without someone getting hurt after a few rewinds.
    You basically just need to pick the right answers, if he gets mad only once the situation will end in trouble.
    Also I don't know if you can solve this situation peacefully if you harmed his dog in ep 3.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by ZeGermanChloeFan View Post
    There just HAS TO be a possibility to keep Chloe alive. as you can see in my name, she is the most important character in every game i've ever played. So much pain and loss and yet so much beauty and hope......
    I completely identify with this. It's incredible how they managed to get so many of us in love with that weird blue haired girl innit? Seriously, some stories stick with you for the rest of your life, and I'm pretty sure I'll be replaying this in one, two, five, ten years from now.

It's so weird, like, I know these are just characters in a videogame but...Good god, I'm insane. I can literally remember the first time my heart skipped a beat for Chloe, wtf right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wambo_is_Strange View Post
    This makes a lot of sense, actually. I'm also expecting more, but tbh, i don't know what to think, hahaha.
    God, I'm way too involved. All I know is I'm gonna be sobbing for days after episode five.

Also, awesome banner

Quote Originally Posted by SimseLaJepssimse View Post
    Can someone please Explain the ending of episode 4??? Nathan texting chloe and it's mr jefferson that kills her????? Wtaf???? I am so confused right now ..... Can i save chloe? What did i do wrong?!?!
    I think Mr.Jefferson is working for the family taking photos and Nathan's Dad has some creepy bondage snuff fetish. He was probably teaching his Son to do these things which sent him loopy but his Dad carried on because he wanted somebody to carry on his art. I think Blackwell is just in the Prescott's back pocket and used as a breeding ground for victims. But yeah Mr Jefferson is probably somebody they use as a pro to take the photographs for them of their victims. If he's into that stuff or he's doing it for the cash we'll have to see.

Guys. I just finished the fourth episode and I'm like WAOW.

I've seen everything you guys posted here, but hey, waow, I don't even know what to say. The only thing going though my mind is.. Well I don't fcking know ! There was just so much informations going through this episode !!! There's no way that I could resume it easily ! I mean ! WAOW GUYS.
    Mister Jefferson is actually the most talented manipulator and douche-bag ever known, and accessory a psychopath, and people who were mean with Max turned out to be gentle ! This game is AWESOME ! Every single character is just worked and thought to have his own personality ! People you think that are complete ***s are in fact not that much ! Just like in real life, they got a hole personality and waow.
    As the guy who opened this topic said, it was a rollercoaster of feels. I don't even know what to say. I knew it was a trap at the Rachel's body place, and I was sure it was Nathan the psycopath all along ! That's one of the biggest plot twist I've ever seen guys xD
    It was awesome.
    And how could I not talk about Chloe. First we rewind, do some then kill her (yes, it was her last choice, let it be, RIP), and then you get back, and then it's so sad (WILLIAAAM WHYYYY (( ) and then Chloe is alive, and it's cool, but then- RACHEL IS DEAD. I so didn't expect that !!! I thought she was alive ! In sad conditions as you guys said it but alive ! And then and then, omg Nather is an *** and then PLOT TWIST CHLOE DIES AND JEFFERSON BECOMES THE EVILEST PERSON IN THE GAME.
    I didn't see that coming. I didn't expect anything of the episode 4, and it was beyond anything I could have possibly imagined. I don't even dare to think about how the episode 5 is gonna be.

I'm done guys. (Listen this music to see how much done I am : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

My reaction after the ending was like: .................................

I have no idea if i should cry or be shocked or else. There's just... Nothing.
    But lets start from the beginning. At first I cried because I saw Chloe in the wheelchair like this. Next i started to cry when I killed her, even though it was her wish. After this I cried because of the old Chloe in the normal timeline, and i was so happy to see her. In the barn and the room under it (I don't know how its called in english, my english is horrible :P) i was just scared. Then cried cause Rachel and stuff and Mr Jefferson just confused me. I spoiled myself (-.-) on a website by searching the combination for unlocking Nathans phone (I knew what it was but in Germany you write the date not like this: mm, dd, yyyy but dd.mm.yyyy, so i ws just confused) so I knew this has sth to do with Mr Jefferson. but holy crap I'm really ed up.
    Chloe was my favorite character. Ouch that hurts. WAS...
    I don't know how to feel.

And if you find any mistakes in my text, just correct me, i don't mind

I just played thru EP4 and I've actually mixed feelings about the episode... I like that the story progresses, but I found it harder to relate to the main characters this time around, because they made so many (to me) irrational decisions, and I just didn't feel that I could meaningfully impact how the story unfolds. I had a strong emotional response to the first three episodes but I didn't really have any to the fourth, even though the events were maybe even more shocking than before, I just lost the suspension of disbelief.

I as a player would have at least tried to re-alter the past to fix the accident instead of just reversing everything like Max did.

I as the player would have wanted to prevent Chloe from having a gun... But no matter what I did, she always ended up getting a gun somehow. It's as if my previous set of decisions - and there are probably 4-5 decisions that impact this throughout the episodes - only govern *how* she gets a gun for the finalé of EP4, not *whether* she has one. So I just don't feel that those previous decisions carried any weight.

I as the player always thought that either Nathan is not at all the perpetrator, or if he is, he is being manipulated by someone more dangerous (wasn't sure if it's his dad, David or Mr. Jefferson). Yet Chloe and Max get all fixated upon him despite better judgement.

I as the player would have never gone out at night into the junkyard into an obvious trap set by someone who is likely armed, and clearly capable and willing to kill. If I had any shard of hope in the police, I would've gone to them; otherwise, who cares if evidence gets destroyed? If all I want is kill him, I don't need no evidence for that.

Sadly, it all kind of reminded me of those horror movies when the characters make silly decisions seemingly only to allow themselves to be separated / ambushed / hurt.

Anyway, looking forward to EP5 because I'm curious how the story ends, though after being a bit disappointed by EP4, I find the chances of a good coherent interactive story slimmer than after EP1/EP2 or even EP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Aneco013 View Post
    My reaction after the ending was like: .................................

I have no idea if i should cry or be shocked or else. There's just... Nothing.
    But lets start from the beginning. At first I cried because I saw Chloe in the wheelchair like this. Next i started to cry when I killed her, even though it was her wish. After this I cried because of the old Chloe in the normal timeline, and i was so happy to see her. In the barn and the room under it (I don't know how its called in english, my english is horrible :P) i was just scared. Then cried cause Rachel and stuff and Mr Jefferson just confused me. I spoiled myself (-.-) on a website by searching the combination for unlocking Nathans phone (I knew what it was but in Germany you write the date not like this: mm, dd, yyyy but dd.mm.yyyy, so i ws just confused) so I knew this has sth to do with Mr Jefferson. but holy crap I'm really ed up.
    Chloe was my favorite character. Ouch that hurts. WAS...
    I don't know how to feel.

And if you find any mistakes in my text, just correct me, i don't mind
    the handy PIN is
    Last edited by Nox_Dogma; 28th Jul 2015 at 22:32. Reason: typmisstake --- typmistake

After this episode two main characters just disgust me.

Asking for someone to became a murderer with high probability of prison sentance - it is irresponsable and egoistical as it can be. True, you can say, that when someone pushed to they limits, it is hard to someone tell right from wrong... But the problem is, Chloe always was like this. It is like blaiming Max for her joint, but on the biggest scale. It is not like good person done something wrong because they was in pain and have no other choice. it is like an <censored> being an <censored>.

And Max not any better. When she realizes that saving William it is not an easy task she just say: oh, <censored> it. It is not like it seems impossible at that point. She could try again. And again. She can try different photos. Yes, it is hard. Yes, it is risky. But when someone can help their best friend only if it is easy and safe - they not exactly the best person in my book. I'd say they not a good person at all.

They both just not very good people. And that was just the beginning of the game...

There something complitely messed up about main characters. It always be there, but at this episode it became really twisted and ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by MxMoondoggie View Post
    I think Mr.Jefferson is working for the family taking photos and Nathan's Dad has some creepy bondage snuff fetish. He was probably teaching his Son to do these things which sent him loopy but his Dad carried on because he wanted somebody to carry on his art. I think Blackwell is just in the Prescott's back pocket and used as a breeding ground for victims. But yeah Mr Jefferson is probably somebody they use as a pro to take the photographs for them of their victims. If he's into that stuff or he's doing it for the cash we'll have to see.
    That totally reminded me of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", Sean and Nathan Prescott including Jefferson being Gottfried and Martin Vanger, Rachel as Harriet, Max and Chloe as Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander. Ugh.

Given the fact that Max has some serious rewind powers, i still hope we get a happy ending somehow. I really do. However, everything is set for the worst possible outcome - please Dontnod, stop kicking us in the gut.

Xeva i dont agree with you.
    i think there are no good or bad persons in this game.
    And thats it .. a game.
    how many posibilities do you think they are to save cloe and her Father? a million ways?
    do you want to try it over and over again ?
    dont forget that somebody has do write this game, and thats no an easy or fast task.
    we waited round about 2 month and that was a loooong time.
    if Dontnod try all combinations of all possible situations the game will never been released.

but 1 point for you, the main charakters are more agressive like in EP 1-3. you can like it or not ^^

Im just thinking of the doe (rachel) in episode 2 at the junkjard she stand right next to where she lies.
    Total mind.. and now we know why max has said shes feelig like rachel is guiding them. Because she was that doe all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimelim View Post
    Because she was that doe all the time.
    The Doe is Max's Spirit Animal.
    Max and the Doe by JulietxJules

Quote Originally Posted by Nox_Dogma View Post
    i think there are no good or bad persons in this game.
    I certanly do not sure about good persons. But it surely have some bad
    do you want to try it over and over again ?
    dont forget that somebody has do write this game, and thats no an easy or fast task.
    we waited round about 2 month and that was a loooong time.
    if Dontnod try all combinations of all possible situations the game will never been released.
    If they can't resolve the situation they created themselfs without one of the main characters looks like a total <censored> - it is just a lazy writing.
    but 1 point for you, the main charakters are more agressive like in EP 1-3. you can like it or not ^^
    From the very beginning i thougth that both main characters full of <censored>. But i hoped that as story progresses their flaws would be pointed out. "Dark room" killed that hope. It is perfectly clear that creators complitely fine with thigs i see as flaws. And so, now i see whole strory as sick and twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by KiraS94 View Post
    I just played thru EP4 and I've actually mixed feelings about the episode... I like that the story progresses, but I found it harder to relate to the main characters this time around, because they made so many (to me) irrational decisions, and I just didn't feel that I could meaningfully impact how the story unfolds. I had a strong emotional response to the first three episodes but I didn't really have any to the fourth, even though the events were maybe even more shocking than before, I just lost the suspension of disbelief.

I as a player would have at least tried to re-alter the past to fix the accident instead of just reversing everything like Max did.

I as the player would have wanted to prevent Chloe from having a gun... But no matter what I did, she always ended up getting a gun somehow. It's as if my previous set of decisions - and there are probably 4-5 decisions that impact this throughout the episodes - only govern *how* she gets a gun for the finalé of EP4, not *whether* she has one. So I just don't feel that those previous decisions carried any weight.

I as the player always thought that either Nathan is not at all the perpetrator, or if he is, he is being manipulated by someone more dangerous (wasn't sure if it's his dad, David or Mr. Jefferson). Yet Chloe and Max get all fixated upon him despite better judgement.

I as the player would have never gone out at night into the junkyard into an obvious trap set by someone who is likely armed, and clearly capable and willing to kill. If I had any shard of hope in the police, I would've gone to them; otherwise, who cares if evidence gets destroyed? If all I want is kill him, I don't need no evidence for that.

Sadly, it all kind of reminded me of those horror movies when the characters make silly decisions seemingly only to allow themselves to be separated / ambushed / hurt.

Anyway, looking forward to EP5 because I'm curious how the story ends, though after being a bit disappointed by EP4, I find the chances of a good coherent interactive story slimmer than after EP1/EP2 or even EP3.
    I kinda agree with you.
    The ending of the alternate reality was way better imo and more emotional than the ending of the whole episode.
    Not just because you had a choice but also because you had time to relate to their feelings.

For me the final ending was to fast and aloof to build up intense feelings.
    Mainly I was just shocked because I didn't expect Jefferson to be so cold blooded (thought he was behind it though) but you could clearly tell from the beginning that something majorly bad is going to happen at the yard.
    To me it also felt a little to artificial and forced that they even went there but it's not too unlikely either.

Both of them just lost their focus after finding Rachel dead which led to those irrational choices.
    This is a behavior you can see quite often throughout people dealing with the death of their beloved ones.
    Just remember Chloe blaming William and Joye for her suffering when they found the diary in the RV.
    People tend to do extremely irrational things if they go through emotional trauma.
    I mean Chloe didn't even care about the fact, there are two f***ing moons in the sky

You're completely right though, this made it way harder to relate to them throughout the episode.

Max should have done something about the way Chloe reacted to Rachel's death.
    Maybe she thought it was pointless at some point and would make her even angrier (like when she kicked Max out of the car after she tried to talk her down) and therefore decided to just physically protect her instead of mentally.

As we all saw, this didn't work as planned.
    I'm confident there will be a way to go back and to the right thing about Chloe in Episode 5.
    So I'm also looking forward to it of course.
    signature image

Did anyone else NOT attempt to shoot Frank in ep 2....only to have him talk to you as if you DID pull the trigger in this ep? This is either a bug or an oversight as Max clearly admits to pulling the trigger.

Also...Nathan was suspended in my game....I am assuming your end of ep2 choice gets any of the three guys suspended meaning Jefferson, David, or Nathan. However early in ep4 when going through the garage it became clear David lost his job. Wtf? Why did David lose his job? Kinda wonder if thats another oversight because that was the first I heard of it in my game.

Quote Originally Posted by KiraS94 View Post

Yup it seemed extremely dumb and honestly it surprised me because its the only thing so far in this game that seemed really flawed.

This extremely rich family with ties to everything has a kid who you now believe murdered your friend. So Chloe is out for blood.....it seems really out of place that Max is kinda like "yeah lets just go find him" when really there is no good way that is going to end AT ALL. Chloe is going to end up doing prison time if she seeks him out and kills him. Max should not have allowed this to happen.

I just finished Ep. 4...I swear if they dont bring Chloe back, I'll set Dontnod Studios on fire, I don't care if everyone in Arcadia bites the dust, just give me back my Chloe, she's died like 3 different deaths already
    Otherwise I'll just have to get a Chloe cardboard cutout, kidnap Ashly Burch (might do this either way actually) and have her voice the cardboard cutout forever...

Quote Originally Posted by PHub07 View Post
    Did anyone else NOT attempt to shoot Frank in ep 2....only to have him talk to you as if you DID pull the trigger in this ep? This is either a bug or an oversight as Max clearly admits to pulling the trigger.

Also...Nathan was suspended in my game....I am assuming your end of ep2 choice gets any of the three guys suspended meaning Jefferson, David, or Nathan. However early in ep4 when going through the garage it became clear David lost his job. Wtf? Why did David lose his job? Kinda wonder if thats another oversight because that was the first I heard of it in my game.
    Yeah I was confused about David losing his job too, I even went to the main menu to check if I had blamed him instead of Nathan in that save slot.
    Last edited by ElShadow; 29th Jul 2015 at 01:09.

Quote Originally Posted by ElShadow View Post
    I just finished Ep. 4...I swear if they dont bring Chloe back, I'll set Dontnod Studios on fire, I don't care if everyone in Arcadia bites the dust, just give me back my Chloe, she's died like 3 different deaths already
    Otherwise I'll just have to get a Chloe cardboard cutout, kidnap Ashly Burch (might do this either way actually) and have her voice the cardboard cutout forever...

Yeah I was confused about David losing his job too, I even went to the main menu to check if I had blamed him instead of Nathan in that save slot.
    Wells probably fired him after the fact that he didn't keep the rooftop doors locked. "Those are standard operating procedures."

On another note...I am a puddle of mush after this episode. I agree that it did go a little fast [but remember how many loose ends we have to tie up?]. For me; it left me an emotional mess. [I had a gut feeling that Jefferson was behind it somehow; and I literally screamed an expletive at my TV four times when I saw his stupid face! ].

Is there anything that really shocked anyone in this episode? [In my save, Chloe killed Frank. (I didn't know that it was avoidable. I thought that, no matter what the rewind, he would still end up getting shot).] Will definitely replay in collectible mode tomorrow so I can get all of those photos.

I just really liked how they turned the tables in this episode, in the last episode we (the players) were given this sense of control and power, even Max herself says she "feels invincible", but in Ep 4. you realize you can't save William, you can't save Alt. Chloe, you can't do anything about Rachel anymore, and your powers fail you when Chloe gets shot right in front of you without being able to do anything about it; actually you know what? I don't like what they did, it sucks balls! xD
    And about Jefferson, I had my eye on him since Ep. 2, right before Kate jumps (about the time Warren is doing his experiment) you see him talking with Kate in the hallway outside his classroom, but the conversation is almost ended at that point, if you rewind right there, you can hear the whole thing, and lets just say...he's a dick through and through.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast