Thread: What is the best way to spend runestones?

What is the best way to spend runestones?

What is the best way to spend runestones?

Hi, so i am a new player and loving the game so far. I just want to know the best way to use runestones.

Not sure if serious but I'll bite.

If you would like to support the game, buy skins or a banner (%100 cosmetic, no ingame benefit), also getting a %100 ALL Booster will make sure you level up your characters XP faster and increase your item droprate but really you don't need anything else.
    Save your ingame gold for later to buy your abilities, don't do any crafting until you hit rank 40+.

Its advisable to play in the beginners lobby as much as possible to learn the game before you jump into the normal TDM lobby.
    You will drop stuff and every 5 ranks you get stuff for each character.
    Last edited by SonixSquad; 24th Jul 2015 at 22:26.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Honestly, its worth to buy everything that is not a chest or key (buying it is supporting scammarketing strategies). I see it that way- if you like the game and certain classes, why not, its nice to get som cosmetic change to make your favourite character look better. Like I love deceiver so i bought a skin for him and i love tyrant so i got execution for him becuse it looks badass and 10 times better than default. And if youre newbie, boosters are really helpful

I'm such a penny pincher. I bought something back in October that had Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2, Defiance, and the Veteran's Pack I believe for Nosgoth, but I haven't actually spent any money on it since. I'm thinking that the next time I get one of those things that makes the Runes cost less to get that I'll buy that cool desert outfit for the Alchemist. I'm kind of tempted to buy the Cabuco designs, but I just keep thinking that I'll just unlock those for free once I get to level 25 (which will happen some day I suppose.... Deciever and Summoner are my favorite classes and the farthest along for the Vampires, so I'll probably get those after a while). I've been a fan of Legacy of Kain ever since I playing Soul Reaver back in 1998 or 1999, so I would like to support the continuation of this series, especially since it seems that the people making this value the lore of Nosgoth, even if I disagree with some of the lore decisions they've made.

We usually have sales on items every now and then in the in-game store, if that is something you're after. It really depends on what you are interested in. You can buy individual skins, abilities, weapons; you name it.

If you feel so inclined, you can buy the Definitive pack with runestones in the in-game store or purchase it through Steam. It unlocks all of the classes immediately, all of the base abilities and weapons, as well as any future classes (and associated abilities/weapons) that we release. I only bring it up because it is 25% off for the next few days on our Steam page (here).

For a frugal player (a.k.a. one of my people) another alternative is to find a class that you really like playing as and see which abilities would best suit your play style.

If you don't grab the Definitive pack, you can buy a lot of the content in smaller chunks, but it will cost more over time. If you do buy the Definitive pack and you have runestones laying around, I always think that grabbing a skin for your favorite class is a good call. Might as well look good while you're strutting your stuff/throwing my in-game corpse across the map!
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

buy a banner, they serve no real purpose but look nice, best item in the game

for sure NEVER buy crates/keys

Basically what everyone else has said, anything other than Chest and Keys. Nothing is more disappointing then spending 1000 runestones on a chest to get something lame.

Skins show off your flair, Executions are just awesome, not a lot of people have them so it's always cool to see them. If you are just looking to level faster and stockpile gold get the boosters.
    signature image

This depend of you, for exemple, I want have ALL skins, so I buy all expt 1 for class (+ the Bloody Survivor because it was released today) and Chest (to have the skin I don't have: Exalted Red Sister, Watcher and Marked Razielim and Melchiahim). But the rune ingame is not very usefull

I did actually buy that desert outfit for the Alchemist recently since I got a 30% rune voucher. I say that it's best to wait for a rune voucher like that if you're thinking of buying stuff.

Boosters for an entire month for me. You can even be a slightly charitable when you get 100% boosters because your other team mates get 25%. The only downside is when it runs out I'm like a crack addict. Un-boostered XP makes me sad. But yeah, like others have mentioned, banners and skins would be a nice thing if you're looking to pimp out your characters. I see it as feeding the artists when you get skins. Here, have some of my money for this amazing artwork you've put out. You can get keys but that is like gambling and the few occasions I have gambled by getting keys I get so angry with the things I get for classes I don't play because I hilariously suck at playing them.