Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: Favourite character?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    Kate, followed by Warren.

    Kate, because of everything she goes through, I used to be suicidal so I sympathize. And I like how the whole world around her is going crazy and corrupt but (aside from the drugging) she still maintains a sort of innocence (particularly when you visit her at the hospital) and ability to forgive even Victoria.

    Warren, he's a Doctor Who Nerd (His avatar is the TARDIS in one of the computer screenshots Max checks) and I totally relate to him in every way. Down to a similar taste in girls, and movies. Plus the Nathan beatdown makes him my hero.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Max and nobody else, ever!! I kind of agree with Theleast but I like many other characters too . I was very surprised how Nathan's character had developed. He was like an archetypal villain but now I feel sorry for him, especially when I let Warren beat him down. He has serious problems and that isn't his fault.
    If you felt sorry for him why did you let Warren beat him down? Not judging. just curious

    Quote Originally Posted by OHWceta View Post
    Kate, followed by Warren.

    Kate, because of everything she goes through, I used to be suicidal so I sympathize. And I like how the whole world around her is going crazy and corrupt but (aside from the drugging) she still maintains a sort of innocence (particularly when you visit her at the hospital) and ability to forgive even Victoria.

    Warren, he's a Doctor Who Nerd (His avatar is the TARDIS in one of the computer screenshots Max checks) and I totally relate to him in every way. Down to a similar taste in girls, and movies. Plus the Nathan beatdown makes him my hero.
    Totally agree with you on Kate. Her ability to forgive and see the good in people is beautiful and believable.

    I just can't seem to like Warren. I think its because he's too nice, to the point where it comes across as unauthentic. I can't help but think "yeah, but what you like behind closed doors.. nice guy". He also admitted to having watched the Kate video one and a half times...

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBattleBeard View Post
    If you felt sorry for him why did you let Warren beat him down? Not judging. just curious
    Well, 1st - because I don't want him to have the gun.
    2nd After what I found in his room... I was quite sure he deserved that
    3rd Evidence for changing my mind is in the Dark Room and until the very last scene he seemed to kill Rachel etc.

    Totally agree with you on Kate. Her ability to forgive and see the good in people is beautiful and believable.
    You can't forgive when you're dead...

    I just can't seem to like Warren. I think its because he's too nice, to the point where it comes across as unauthentic. I can't help but think "yeah, but what you like behind closed doors.. nice guy". He also admitted to having watched the Kate video one and a half times...
    They seem like a great couple. I'm trying very hard to make them together and it is finally starting to progress.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    134
    Well, 1st - because I don't want him to have the gun.
    I see your point and this was one of my considerations in making a choice too. But after the whole Chloe/Frank gun thing where it all led back to Chloe having a gun anyway, it seemed to put less weight to that argument for me. I also factored in that Nathan was rich and money rules; so he has the means to acquire another gun if he wants to anyway.

    2nd After what I found in his room... I was quite sure he deserved that
    I've never been much of a fan of vigilante justice but I suspect its me whos in the minority in this scenario

    3rd Evidence for changing my mind is in the Dark Room and until the very last scene he seemed to kill Rachel etc.
    Yeah I think a lot of people thought this. I wasn't entirely sure at the time but I wasn't sold on the whole Nathans a bad guy message the game was trying to sell us.

    You can't forgive when you're dead...
    Lucky for me I managed to save her. I'd have been devastated if I hadn't. I saw a few playthroughs afterwards where people didn't manage to.. that was hard to watch.

    They seem like a great couple. I'm trying very hard to make them together and it is finally starting to progress.
    To each their own. I hope you succeed

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    You can't forgive when you're dead...
    I ALWAYS save Kate...... ok, ONE playthrough I had to see the other outcome.....

    But her attitude in the hospital towards Victoria says it all. At this point in the game I'd probably do just about anything for Kate.

    I just can't seem to like Warren. I think its because he's too nice, to the point where it comes across as unauthentic. I can't help but think "yeah, but what you like behind closed doors.. nice guy". He also admitted to having watched the Kate video one and a half times...
    I have a serious problem of being too much of a nice guy and coming across that way. So I can totally relate to the guy. He is your typical late teens male (17-18 I assume) so it's likely he'd be curious about sexy Vortex Club party videos (likely not knowing she'd be so relentlessly bullied over it later). What I really love is that Nobody is really a Mary Sue, Warren has his flaws, Warren watching that video kind of proves Kate's statements about EVERYONE at Blackwell. Warren isn't some infallible magic being immune to being a jerk just because he's a main character. Plus he redeems himself a bit (He brings Kate's schoolwork and books to her in the hospital).

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by OHWceta View Post
    I ALWAYS save Kate...... ok, ONE playthrough I had to see the other outcome.....
    I'm making just one playthrough where are my first decisons and friends' that wanted to try it.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    104
    I'd have 9 playthroughs.. but I'm only allowed to save 3 files.....


    On a different note, back to the original subject. Alyssa has to be one of my favorite minor characters. Probably because she reminds me of one of my friends. I like how they actually introduced a chubby character who wasnt totally unappealing or reduced to some horrible stereotype roll.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2
    I liked Lisa the houseplant too (must be the way Max sounds when she speaks to her when she goes to water it), initially I thought she was a stylish Umbrella Plant happily growing away in a teenagers dorm as they do. But then I realised she was some kind of Ficus Plant!

  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuxs7 View Post
    I liked Lisa the houseplant too (must be the way Max sounds when she speaks to her when she goes to water it), initially I thought she was a stylish Umbrella Plant happily growing away in a teenagers dorm as they do. But then I realised she was some kind of Ficus Plant!
    I bet someone at Dontnod knows exactly what species the plant is, along with its scientific name, and how often it really needs to be watered in Oregon in autumn. I identified the owl we see in Episode 4 (not a spoiler) as a Western Screech Owl and yes, it's native to Oregon, where the game is set.

    Dontnod sure did their research.

  10. #35
    My favorite characters? Well, if I had to choose, it would be...

    Max - Not just because of her being the main protagonist, but because of how she slowly goes from being the shy, reluctant and timid girl everyone refers her as, to being a more confident, protective and wise girl with a great power that she can use to be a hero by saving lives, a detective by getting info from people through conversations and then rewind without them knowing they told her, and a ninja by sneaking past people while rewinding without being noticed.

    Chloe - The relationship between her and Max is cute. I do like how she supports Max on being a cool photographer and encourages her to have more confidence, and how she looks out for Max like she is looking out for her with her rewind. Also, I like how more protective she was of Max in episode 4.

    Kate - She's a sweet girl, and deserves to have a better life than what Blackwell can offer. I also love her bunny, Alice.

    Warren - I like how he's always willing help to Max with whatever problem she has, with time-travel research, pipe bomb, and being her white knight against Nathan.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4
    Chloe - 100%
    She's a woman molded by a tough life, shes strong but also fragile. A crumbling rock being eroded by an endless sea...
    She's exactly my type of girl, tattoos and all. The punk rock look hits me like ecstasy and her personality makes my heart melt out of the corner of my mouth.
    She's a puzzle with a dozen missing pieces yet she's still held together.
    A single drop in a limitless ocean...




    How can you not fall in love with that?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    138
    My favorite Characters are definitely Max, Chloe, Warren and poor Kate without any doubt. I can symapthize with them and understand most of their actions & behaviors (even if their actions are sometimes wrong).

    Although they are not the one dimensional "evil" characters/opponents they seemed to be in episode one, I simply can't stand Victoria, Nathan or David Madsen. They just act too weird and crazy for my taste. And always seem rude even if they mean well.

  13. #38
    I love Warren. I'm surprised reading this that he's not that popular really

    I also like Kate and Nathan (who I don't think is the bad guy Max thinks he is)

    I liked William too - I was more upset letting him die than I was Chloe who I'm not that keen on

  14. #39
    Definitely Chloe, she's just such a great character that I've grown really attached to. I also think that the relationship between her and Max is really cute.

  15. #40
    God damn, I really want to date Max.. It's too bad she's so pixelated and not real. It's a real bummer.

  16. #41
    I'll just keep this simple, I'll go for Chloe. More or less an animated version of me when I was 16-18, though the appearance is a bit different, I got a police record and been kicked out of a college as well.
    Last edited by KristaD; 1st Oct 2015 at 16:02. Reason: more info!
    Life is what you make of it, or atleast try to make of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •