Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 88

Thread: Agent 47s face

  1. #51
    I don't like his new face at all. He doesn't look badass at all, he just looks like a kid and he has no expression at all.

  2. #52
    What have you done to his jaw line?

    You have condensed his head
    Looks like a different Hitman all together. Not aged, not young. Different!

    Hitman has always had a long face. Am assuming this time we play as codename 37, his little clone.

    The most positive thing about this is the fact we play in 3rd person mode and view the back of 47's head and not his face. So it is not that bad.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonstar56 View Post
    I can see where you're coming from but even the devs states that this is a "new beginning". Look at the new Need for Speed for example. Yes, it is a reboot but that's not the point. They're taking everything that everyone loved about each game in particular and adding them all together, changing some of those features and removing others. Just because 47 looked like he did in the past doesn't mean he cannot change his appearance. Whether the reason is to reflect the lore more faithfully or to further develop his character and the storyline (he could have gotten plastic surgery to change his face so he won't be so recognizable and look more human to blend in for all we know) there's always a reason why devs change a game's features or remove them. I know everyone loved the previous games but if want everything to stay the same it just defeats the purpose of even making a new game.

    If you want to play the same thing over and over there are other devs who cater to that sort of thing. If you can't be open-minded about some of the changes and figure out how they play into the context of the game as a whole then all of these "opinions" amount to nothing.

    One of 47's biggest assets is his ability to blend in by using disguises. If he looks in any way more unnatural or "less human" then all of that starts falling apart. His new look in HITMAN is by far the most human while still keeping that "unnatural" feeling since he is a clone.

    And yes, he does look older. You can even see wrinkles on his face in the older games. I assume they did that to give him a more "experienced" look.

    People literally complain about this with every title in the series. There is a simple way of fixing this problem. Give us options for his appearance. So the ones who like his new appearance can keep that and the ones who liked his older appearance can use that instead. But I doubt that's gonna happen.

    The series isn't gonna lose any of its defining aspects as you can see from the trailers. If anything, this is the closest a Hitman game has ever come to being an actual hitman experience. He still has his black suit and red tie, he still has the barcode on the back of his head, he can still use disguises, he can still eliminate his targets in a multitude of ways, it's still the same 47 and the same core Hitman experience but better than its ever been. His face won't change any of that, if anything, his new appearance helps him blend in more.

    They could easily please everyone with appearance options but I doubt they'll do that. Changing his face back to the older ones won't do anyone any favors. Next thing we know, this will turn into a Call of Duty series. Same bloody exact things over and over with each series.

    For the last time, feedback is based on facts, taking into account how that change will impact the every aspect of the game and changes should only be made to improve the experience, not suit it for only a select few. Yes, what a shocker, you're in the minority. Most of the people who will buy this will have never even have played a previous Hitman game or won't care about his appearance so much. Trust me, if you gave a current generation gamer that old and frankly ugly looking 47 they would outright say "What's wrong with his face?". Absolution also has a more human looking 47 compared to every previous game like for example in Codename 47 or Contracts. It's more streamlined and makes more sense.

    A more "serious and scary" look would make sense for a cold blooded killer if you look at it from one point. But it would make more sense if you didn't expect it. The new 47 looks like he could blend in anywhere and no one would suspect him of being a killer. That's how 47 works. He's a ghost. While freedom of choice is important, 47 as a standalone character is defined by his ability to eliminate his targets without leaving a trace of his existence.

    That's why his new look makes the most sense it ever has in any Hitman game.
    Like I said previously I am very optimistic about the game. Because of the new approach of developing the game, I am sure the game would turn to be a fantastic game. Even the idea of just calling it HITMAN made me very pleased. As you said, It is new begging making balance between old school players and new players, which is perfectly fine. On the other hand, I think that the face of 47 should be changed, but I am not talking about previous games, I am talking about the trailer. His face in the trailer is the right choice for me, which is very different from the gamplay, providing the experienced and serious look to the character but in the same time looking more like a human.

    My point is, that the game is still in early stage. Therefore, it could satisfy both players, not by choosing whether you like this face or the other one, however by changing it to be more like the one in the trailer, which is amazingly satisfying. I agree with you and I agree with the others about few things, that why we are debating about the game, to help improve the game as good as possible as it can be. For that reason, I am very open minded but I would be pleased to see his face looks like the trailer. Have a good day and I wish that everybody will enjoy the game.
    Last edited by BlackBird29; 18th Jun 2015 at 14:37.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_Stinx View Post
    Looks like a different Hitman all together. Not aged, not young. Different!
    I agree with you, they made him look like a babyface because thats what they think people want. They went soft on absolution and its just going to get worst. Someone was trying to say that this was the way he was suppose to all along, when that is not the case. Their just jumping on the marketing bandwagon.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonstar56 View Post
    Take for example Gallileo Gallilei states that the earth revolves around the sun and everyone thought he was crazy even though he had proof of that. Same thing here. I don't claim to be a "genius" like him but I do claim that my points have actual validity. There could have been other reasons as to why the devs changed his face but if they did it for other reasons they could at least try to explain it or take into consideration, at the very least, what I stated.
    This example is fundamentally flawed, it has almost no analogy to what you are arguing. Firstly, not everyone thought Galileo was spewing nonsense. Much of the opposition was from the Catholic Church. Secondly, the idea of heliocentrism defies common logic; in our frame of reference we see the sun moving around us, so it's unthinkable for him to claim that Earth moves around the Sun. I don't see how the devs changing 47's face is in anyway relevant to this example. You presented 1/2 items of 'proof' (really loose background to tie loose ends that was never touched on in a meaningful way), he presented collections of data supporting his theories.

    Now, be real. What human do you think ever looked like this? And if he did, wouldn't he stand out and get noticed easier?


    I mean, come on, get real. The whole point of 47 is to be able to infiltrate anywhere in the world, eliminate his targets and walk out without even someone remembering his face.
    It's common knowledge that the artwork from the first game is sub-par, he didn't even look like that in the actual game anyway. Why not try making a point with the Hitman 2, Contracts, or BM artwork?

    It's amazing how all people like you do just mask a simple "No, I'm right, you're wrong because I said so, my word is law" and then walk out like you're the victors with no proof to back it up, no legitimate sources and just think you can make up some lies and pass them as facts.
    Eh...You're essentially doing just that. Clinging onto 3-4 lines of obsolete background info to try and prove your point when every canon Hitman entry has claimed otherwise isn't enough. Also, to me, you're missing the (not well articulated) complaints. My initial reaction to seeing him was "his facial structure is off"; that's what made me believe he looks too young. I don't think the problem is that he doesn't have the telltale signs of age, it's that his features give him a sort of soft, babyish (compared to the older games) look. Adding wrinkles/bags to the current H6 face won't solve the problem, so I don't think that the 'he is supposed to look 10 years younger' assertion is the solution. 10 years doesn't change an adult male's facial structure that much.
    Last edited by AdrianShephard; 18th Jun 2015 at 19:30.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3
    I don't see why so many people are concerned about his face. This is a Hitman game where 47 is supposed to be in his prime, so he looks in his prime. I know it's set after Absolution, but you'll have to suspend your disbelief here a little in understanding that the devs are trying to make a game that is comprised of the very best of what makes Hitman great.

    In Absolution, they made the mistake of making him look too old. You want 47 to look like he can kick ass, not off to collect his pension. Now, they're trying to fix that by putting him back in his prime, even though chronologically the game is set after Absolution.

    A lot of people are complaining that he is good-looking now too, and I don't understand why anyone has a problem with that. He can look good while being a complete badass. Literally every single previous Hitman game has mentioned that he is supposed to be good-looking, and they've been making him look better and better since Contracts.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBird29 View Post
    I think that the face of 47 should be changed, but I am not talking about previous games, I am talking about the trailer. His face in the trailer is the right choice for me, which is very different from the gamplay, providing the experienced and serious look to the character but in the same time looking more like a human.
    Totally agree with you, his face at the end of the cinematic trailer when the camera zoomed in – that face was EPIC.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianShephard View Post
    This example is fundamentally flawed, it has almost no analogy to what you are arguing. Firstly, not everyone thought Galileo was spewing nonsense. Much of the opposition was from the Catholic Church. Secondly, the idea of heliocentrism defies common logic; in our frame of reference we see the sun moving around us, so it's unthinkable for him to claim that Earth moves around the Sun. I don't see how the devs changing 47's face is in anyway relevant to this example. You presented 1/2 items of 'proof' (really loose background to tie loose ends that was never touched on in a meaningful way), he presented collections of data supporting his theories.



    It's common knowledge that the artwork from the first game is sub-par, he didn't even look like that in the actual game anyway. Why not try making a point with the Hitman 2, Contracts, or BM artwork?



    Eh...You're essentially doing just that. Clinging onto 3-4 lines of obsolete background info to try and prove your point when every canon Hitman entry has claimed otherwise isn't enough. Also, to me, you're missing the (not well articulated) complaints. My initial reaction to seeing him was "his facial structure is off"; that's what made me believe he looks too young. I don't think the problem is that he doesn't have the telltale signs of age, it's that his features give him a sort of soft, babyish (compared to the older games) look. Adding wrinkles/bags to the current H6 face won't solve the problem, so I don't think that the 'he is supposed to look 10 years younger' assertion is the solution. 10 years doesn't change an adult male's facial structure that much.
    Even though 47 was hunted down all throughout Blood Money for his perfect clone DNA. He ages slower than a normal human and he was the only clone to have his genetic degradation fixed by Ort-Meyer. 47 killed all the rest of the clones and stole the data. In Blood Money you can see that the Albinos look very old and The Franchise wanted 47's DNA to stop the degradation. But I can't expect you to know that, you clearly never even payed attention to the story. Trust me, you're better off playing Call of Duty and leaving your ignorance on their forums instead.
    Last edited by Cookiemonstar56; 19th Jun 2015 at 04:50.

  9. #59
    @Cookiemonstar56
    Dude chill out with your televangelistic style propoganda. Your acting like you've found the fountain of youth and noone else on earth knows how wrong they are. Its a videogame. Even if what you were saying were true(and I admit after thinking it over you do make good points) noone will care because you've just proven yourself to be an ***.

    -Where there is shouting there is no true knowledge.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRahx View Post
    @Cookiemonstar56
    Dude chill out with your televangelistic style propoganda. Your acting like you've found the fountain of youth and noone else on earth knows how wrong they are. Its a videogame. Even if what you were saying were true(and I admit after thinking it over you do make good points) noone will care because you've just proven yourself to be an ***.

    -Where there is shouting there is no true knowledge.
    So why do you care if they change it or not? Stop being a hypocrite then. And I'd like to see you come up with good points. So far all I've seen is ignorants who never even played a Hitman and don't even know common plot elements or even who 47 really is make demands and bash the game with no basis, no proof as to why the devs should even listen to them and overall, if the devs even did, we'd end up with a game that is gonna be way worse because of it.
    Go take your self-righteous claims somewhere else. You're not helping anyone. Nobody is forcing you to buy or play the game if you hate it so much and you don't have to ruin it for everyone else either.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    I believe just on the last page Acid and I warned everyone about getting hostile with other forum members. Cookiemonstar56, you just earned yourself an infraction for your continued hostility. Next time it may be a suspension, so I kindly advice you to change your tone when addressing fellow forum members.

    Now, back on topic and no more personal attacks, everyone.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonstar56 View Post
    Not early stages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pWK8izSUKw Takes place after Absolution. But he does look a lot better now. He's supposed to look younger than he is. If anything, this is the best he's ever looked. Here's proof as well "In exchange for research funding, Ort-Meyer provided his former comrades with donor organs harvested from clone bodies, which significantly extended their longevity. In Hitman: Codename 47, each of Ort-Meyer's accomplices are said to be 60–70 years old but appear 10–20 years younger." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_47
    This goes to show the clones bodies age a lot slower and are generally a lot more healthy and stronger than any regular human.
    After seeking the forums and interviews, it looks like you were right Cookie.

    Hi guys!!

    --> The "rebooted face":

    At the first sight i was joyful to see a younger Hitman because i expected the game to be a Chronicle of his past missions, when he was at the top of his skills. But then i've heard the developers telling that the game takes place after Absolution, so i understood it wasn't a prequel, but some kind of half-reboot of the franchise.

    It was kind of weird to see a younger 47 since story takes place after Absolution (his face was older but i liked it, we could feel experiment through it).

    Now i'm totally understanding that since 47 is a clone he ages less than regular people, but i didn't felt like he was too old in Absolution (barely 40 years) tho.

    I've always been used to see an "aged" 47, around 30-40 years. It also adds a badass side to the character (his face expressions, his look, his body) and he gives the feeling of having experience.



    I think we've lost something in the process, but i guess we'll get used to it.
    Plus i'm more concerned about how the sandbox gameplay will be than how 47 will look. Anyway...

    ---> The face expressions:

    I've heard lots of people complaining about the fact that 47 was smiling in some parts of the video, or having a "cool" attitude while he is supposed to be a cold silent assassin.

    But guys...THAT'S PART OF THE PROCESS!!

    How a professionnal Hitman can be part of a luxurious parisian party without being "in the mood"?

    Imagine yourself, in the middle of everybody, you have to kill someone but not be spotted: YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME!!

    Fake smiling, being stylish, you have to get in the roleplay for not being spotted!!

    Imagine someone walking around, always with his mad face...suspicious as f**k.

    I'm not saying 47 has emotions and stuff, just that his face expressions and stuff are part of the process to be "invisible" in a crowd, see what i mean?



    So, what do you think about it?
    I hope some people will agree with my point of view.
    Thanks for reading

  13. #63
    @EpicSides
    I can agree with you. Cookie did make some good points, which I tried to tell him, but oh well.
    I can fully agree that the way 47 looks now is alot less suspicious. He really does look kind of like any other person. Like in the books, there is no way he could have mingled and adorn different disguises unless he was like that. So while I would like to see a slight change to the current face, its not the end of the world and I will get over it if they keep it this way.

    It comes down to what people are acustomed to. Like how Sean Connery is who most people see when they think about 007. Just one of those things. Even 47, most people associate 47 with only a fibre wire. But 47's actual signature weapon(s) are his silverballers. So when people think of 47, they see a man with an intimidating face (AND I LOVE THAT LOOK) who could only blend in at a funeral and not a man who can actually dissapear in a crowd.
    A shame that the games never enhanced disguises, since they were nothing more than a tool to get somehwere. In the books, disguises not only get him somewhere but 47 becomes his disguise. From a freelance photogropher to a gardener (who gets the reference?) So that side of 47 was always lost in games. He isn't a simple HITMAN, but the perfect assassin.
    Last edited by IamRahx; 19th Jun 2015 at 21:01.

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicSides View Post
    But guys...THAT'S PART OF THE PROCESS!!

    How a professionnal Hitman can be part of a luxurious parisian party without being "in the mood"?

    Imagine yourself, in the middle of everybody, you have to kill someone but not be spotted: YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME!!

    Fake smiling, being stylish, you have to get in the roleplay for not being spotted!!
    I disagree. Part of playing a video game is that you have to suspend disbelief to a certain extent. Sure, in real life it may be suspicious to see a person with a scowl on his face all the time, but it really helps make his character more credible and believable/convincing to the player. And while we're talking about realism, let's be honest. Agent 47 has a giant barcode on his head (which needless to say should never be removed). I'm usually the first person to advocate realism in games, but sometimes it's necessary for certain small things to be slightly unrealistic because it can help certain aspects along. In short, Agent 47 should always have that cold expressionless scowl on his face. Anything else would be out of character in my opinion.

  15. #65
    Also, as a little tidbit of trivia, 47 was the only one who showed any emotions out of all the other clones.
    "From ages five to seven, 47 is quiet and shows little social interaction. His only display of affection went toward a runaway laboratory rabbit he adopted at August 21, 1970, displeasing Ort-Meyer. However it died on May 2, 1972. Ort-Meyer noticed 47 crying and was surprised, as he'd never seen any of his clones do so before. Five years later, he also showed affection to a pet mouse. He cared for the mouse for about a month, until it was killed by a fellow clone as a cruel prank." - Source; http://hitman.wikia.com/wiki/Agent_47

    He's perfectly capable of showing emotion and facial expressions and that's a crucial part of any disguise. The only ones who he showed any attachment and actual feelings were for Diana and Victoria as shown in the ending of Absolution by watching over them from the scope of a rifle.
    They hit the nail on the head with this new Hitman game, everything from 47's appearance in terms of his face from his body to his expressions and animations and now that the open areas are back along with freedom of approach and the various contracts which all seem to be more realistic this time around (usually rich, shady and just generally rich aristocrats with weird fetishes which is quite nostalgic of the targets in the previous games, like in Contracts for example) and the fact that they are timed and you only have one shot at them along with the fact that they will appear at periodic intervals will make this a genuine Hitman game and it faithfully captures the essence of how 47 is truly like. I'd give Io Interactive a bit more faith in your stead but I guess ultimately we'll have to see. Still, it's not as bad as you all make it out to be. Just take it down a notch.

  16. #66
    in the past I have said that Agent 47s face doesn't need changing, but I was under the impression that people was talking about the cinematic 47 but now the thing that would make me happy would be the in game 47 looking like cinematic 47
    MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST - HACKERS (1995)

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1
    Is it just me or 47's face GETS quickly younger when he completed his jog in the cinematic trailer: perhaps plot-related?

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by semajmarc87 View Post
    I disagree. Part of playing a video game is that you have to suspend disbelief to a certain extent. Sure, in real life it may be suspicious to see a person with a scowl on his face all the time, but it really helps make his character more credible and believable/convincing to the player. And while we're talking about realism, let's be honest. Agent 47 has a giant barcode on his head (which needless to say should never be removed). I'm usually the first person to advocate realism in games, but sometimes it's necessary for certain small things to be slightly unrealistic because it can help certain aspects along. In short, Agent 47 should always have that cold expressionless scowl on his face. Anything else would be out of character in my opinion.
    What a bunch of bull. Also, stop deleting posts. This is a forum, people are meant to post.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624
    I think 47 looks fine the way he is in the new game. I actually quite like his new appearance and I hope they keep it.

    (click image to enlarge)

  20. #70
    I don't get the logic that the developers use, this game is supposed to be set "AFTER ABSOLUTION" then please a mod or an actual developer explain this to us:

    1: Agent 47 cut his barcode from he's head in absolution, how is it back? (makes 0 sense)
    2: Why does he look way younger and less muscular?

    IO step up and atleast answer the 1st question, we the fans love you but don't keep us on the dark.

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearhome21 View Post
    I don't get the logic that the developers use, this game is supposed to be set "AFTER ABSOLUTION" then please a mod or an actual developer explain this to us:

    1: Agent 47 cut his barcode from he's head in absolution, how is it back? (makes 0 sense)
    2: Why does he look way younger and less muscular?

    IO step up and atleast answer the 1st question, we the fans love you but don't keep us on the dark.
    Just because it takes place "after Absolution" doesn't mean that Absolution actually happened.

    Absolution was simply a dream that 47 had. He wakes up from a nightmare at the start of H6 and says "I had a terrible nightmare I was being chased by weird fetish nuns and I went for hours through a world that only had one valid path through it and no assassination targets... it was terrible. But it was allllllll a dream."

  22. #72
    I don't understand why many people hate Absolution. It's different from previous games, but is a very great one. And I hope that its ending is the beginning of the new Hitman. Birdie tells everything to Cosmo Faulkner about 47, starting from his past (and this is the cause of the younger face). In the same time our hero looks for Birdie and the policeman to kill them, because the first is a traitor and the second knows too much and wants to arrest him.

  23. #73
    I think IOI interactive left that open ending (Birdie talking with Faulkner) to have a beginning for the next episode

  24. #74
    To be fair, if you look closely at his face in the picture comparison on page 1 in this thread, then you will see that they have been "rebooting" his face ever since the first Hitman game.

    Honestly, it's not that important anyway. Not as important as IO getting the gameplay right (which so far seems to be good).
    Last edited by Mayhzon; 30th Jun 2015 at 15:07.

  25. #75
    I think the face is fine. I cannot stand the face in Hitman 1 or 2; they just look so horrible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •