Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My concerns for Hitman "HITMAN 6"

Unhappy My concerns for Hitman "HITMAN 6"

I think the trailers are awesome and I cant wait for December.
    The only issue I have is on the PlayStation store it says that it has Micro transactions so I don't want this awesome game to turn into
    Mortal Kombat x where I buy 50% of the game and need to buy the other 50% to have the full game.
    I'm just making my thoughts known.
    please as a developer that has enriched our childhood with many hours of fun don't go down this path

thanks for reading
    STUNTRYDER788
    Last edited by stuntryder788; 18th Jun 2015 at 19:36.

The only things that concern me about Hitman 6 so far are:

- Agent 47 looking like a skinny 20 year-old.

- I'm worried that you may need to be connected to the internet in order to play the game.

- I don't like that the game is simply called "Hitman." It makes it confusing when referring to that specific game and it makes it seem like a reboot even though they're claiming that it isn't. Call it Hitman: Professional or something like that or even just Hitman 6 would be an improvement.

- I think they said it will only be released as a digital download first. I only buy physical copies of games, so if they're expecting me to buy a digital copy they better guess again.
    Last edited by semajmarc87; 17th Jun 2015 at 22:37.

I agree.

1. Agent 47 looking like a 20 year old is not necessary a bad thing, IOI said that its agent 47 at his peak , but what if his peak was when he was 20 years old.
    plus he still looks bad ass

2.I'm worried too about needing to be connected to the internet/PlayStation plus.

3.I don't mind the name it is a bit confusing but we will get use to it.

4.I only buy physical copies too, because Microsoft screwed me over with a digital download a couple of years ago

thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by stuntryder788 View Post
    The only issue I have is on the PlayStation store it says that it has Micro transactions so I don't want this awesome game to turn into Mortal Kombat x where I buy 50% of the game and need to buy the other 50% to have the full game. I'm just making my thoughts known.
    please as a developer that has enriched our childhood with many hours of fun don't go down this path
    I think it will be more like "add as many other levels as we want ant not being limited by the original storyline"
    ---> More missions
    ---> Expecting HD remaster of old levels
    ----> "Contracts" custom levels?

Plus this:

“We are building a live, expanding and evolving world of assassination where we continuously develop the game, listening closely to the players as we release new locations, missions and hits as soon as they are ready - where $60 and not a dollar more gets you full access to the experience.”

Quote Originally Posted by semajmarc87 View Post
    The only things that concern me about Hitman 6 so far are:

- Agent 47 looking like a skinny 20 year-old.
    ---> We will play Agent 47 in his early ages, over the top, what's the problem?
    I'm caring more about how the gameplay will be than his face personally.

- I'm worried that you may need to be connected to the internet in order to play the game.
    --> Ok THAT SUCKS.

- I don't like that the game is simply called "Hitman." It makes it confusing when referring to that specific game and it makes it seem like a reboot even though they're claiming that it isn't.
    ---> Not a problem for me since it breaks the codes from Absolution, i'm feelin it like a real step forward to the Hitman game. I also liked the game cover

"The new game is simply called “HITMAN”. We did this because in many ways this is the start of a new journey for Hitman. Don’t think of it as a reboot, though - think of it as a pure Hitman experience and the foundation for future HITMAN games."

- I think they said it will only be released as a digital download first. I only buy physical copies of games, so if they're expecting me to buy a digital copy they better guess again.
    ---> Apparently they are doing this at the beginning so they will be allowed to "try new things". But then it will be released on physical copies (i will wait this).

Can't wait to see more anyway!!
    Last edited by EpicSides; 17th Jun 2015 at 01:00.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicSides View Post

"The new game is simply called “HITMAN”. We did this because in many ways this is the start of a new journey for Hitman. Don’t think of it as a reboot, though - think of it as a pure Hitman experience and the foundation for future HITMAN games."
    I find that explanation by them to be hilarious. They say it's not a reboot, but what they described and what they're doing IS THE EXACT DEFINITION OF A REBOOT. That's like catching a burglar in your home and he says "hey I'm not robbing you, I'm just unlawfully taking your property by force."

LOL
    I just don't want to buy a game to have to buy all the new mission for the next 2-3+years, but I love the hitman games so it would be buy or miss out

I find that explanation by them to be hilarious. They say it's not a reboot, but what they described and what they're doing IS THE EXACT DEFINITION OF A REBOOT. That's like catching a burglar in your home and he says "hey I'm not robbing you, I'm just unlawfully taking your property by force."
    I see what you mean. We could've called it a reboot if everything has changed but it's not since they "deleted everything Absolution made awful" and "put the good old gameplay back with improved mechanics".

Not a reboot, but almost, see?

Well my questions/concerns:
    First off this Digital lead stuff is kind of ridiculous. You would think buying something digital would be cheaper/more beneficial than retail. Because of obvious reasons. So pushing like digital is the next best thing and have no benefits is crazy to me.
    My case is digital only seems less like making things easier but making ways for DRM and Microtransactions. I buy retail because on release day I get each game for about 40-45euro not 60 on digital. How crazy is that!
    And before PR explains that digital has benefits, once I install a physical game and link it to steam I have a digital product. You want to push digital, push for lower prices.

47's face... In some shots his silhoet is perfect, so I would prefer his face to have that same prime factor. Prime is not 20s, but 30's-early 40s. In some shots 47 looks like a young greenhorn with big dreams. To me 47's prime appearance were the older games. A man with some wrinkles and face that shows age knows what he's doing and is in his prime. So I too vote for a small change. But I do congradulate the team for being able to make a younger looking 47, that actually looks like 47 (see closeup).

PS exclusive content is also very irritating, but money talks. Hopefully other plats will get it later.

The rest they have me at checkmate. Its nothing more than 'It's not the way I want it'. I don't like episodic games, I would rather they take an extra year making it. But then I can just wait for all episodes to come out. Even though by then the older missions are no longer fresh. I would have liked the 'special hits' to be part of Contracts mode and not the main game (keep main game and online separate), but this makes sense with the episodic nature?
    I don't know, waiting for more info.

edit:

Just checked the steam page and the price is 50euros....... So my rant about having digital with same 60euro price has been altered.

-While not beating retail prices its a step in the right direction. Do I hear 45 until day 1? From that point you will make digital as interesting as retail. Then again, i have no financial background and other countries might not sell it as cheap as where I am. So while I still think that way about digital pricing, I willingly retract my little rant for hitman pricing.

-Just remember, some people would rather install a game from a disc than wait 24 hours downloading a 30+GB game digitally. Just saying.

Digital game releases always had huge (server)problems on its release date. No matter how well prepared the publisher was, it was always a mess. Espacially for players, who have a slow internet connection. Remember the release of GTA V for PC? Yeah...

I dont see any reason, why they want to sell it (only) that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Buscar88 View Post
    Digital game releases always had huge (server)problems on its release date. No matter how well prepared the publisher was, it was always a mess. Espacially for players, who have a slow internet connection.
    There's such thing as a pre-load where you can download the game a week prior to the release and start playing the very moment it's released. It works perfectly for PS4, Xbox One and Steam so this won't be a problem. HITMAN is a single player game that won't require internet connection for playing story mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid_Burn View Post
    There's such thing as a pre-load where you can download the game a week prior to the release and start playing the very moment it's released. It works perfectly for PS4, Xbox One and Steam so this won't be a problem. HITMAN is a single player game that won't require internet connection for playing story mode.
    Thank you for clearing that up. I think there is still confusion about what they've been saying about gradually releasing missions and then never being able to play them again. I don't really understand that part, but I'm sure we'll get more details as the days go by.

You'll definitely need an internet connection for downloading the game and all future levels IO will release after. But you'll be able to play the game without internet after.
    As for some targets that will be in the game for a limited time - this is just like online public events. It won't affect the story. You'll be able to hear more from the team about this very soon!

I also liked the game cover

Is this the one you're talking about? I'm pretty sure that this is just a placeholder and isn't the actual game cover they're going to use (at least I hope not).

You'll definitely need an internet connection for downloading the game and all future levels IO will release after. But you'll be able to play the game without internet after.
    As for some targets that will be in the game for a limited time - this is just like online public events. It won't affect the story. You'll be able to hear more from the team about this very soon!
    Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. Also just to clarify, Hitman 6 will be eventually be getting a physical release, right? I'm pretty sure you guys said "yes" but I just want to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntryder788 View Post
    I agree.

1. Agent 47 looking like a 20 year old is not necessary a bad thing, IOI said that its agent 47 at his peak , but what if his peak was when he was 20 years old.
    plus he still looks bad ass
    47 at his peak is during his late 30's/early 40's. He was born in 1964, and escaped the asylum in 2000; thus he was 36 when he took his first contract. The H6 face model portrays him as a much younger man, possibly late 20's/very early 30's maximum.

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. Also just to clarify, Hitman 6 will be eventually be getting a physical release, right? I'm pretty sure you guys said "yes" but I just want to make sure.
    Yes! Physical release is coming in 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Buscar88 View Post
    Digital game releases always had huge (server)problems on its release date. No matter how well prepared the publisher was, it was always a mess. Espacially for players, who have a slow internet connection. Remember the release of GTA V for PC? Yeah...

I dont see any reason, why they want to sell it (only) that way.
    They said they want to "try new things", so i guess by selling a digital copy cut in pieces they can change few things if feedbacks are bad, they can regularly update the game until getting a great piece and then sell it on physical copies.

You have made a trash "Absolution".
    Hitman is Hitman, it is not splinter cell or something.
    DO NOT UP THIS TIME.

They said they want to "try new things", so i guess by selling a digital copy cut in pieces they can change few things if feedbacks are bad, they can regularly update the game until getting a great piece and then sell it on physical copies.
    Yeah, when I got one of the developers in one of the interviews right, they want to analyse how the players play the game and what thier feedback is. According to this data, they want to optimize future episodes and espacially the big final.
    Probably they will add and cut some features with each episode or raise the appearance of specific gameplay mechanics.

If IO handles it that way and if the content size is big enough on Dec 8, I'm totally fine with it.

Yes! Physical release is coming in 2016!
    If I may ask, why are you not releasing a physical version until 2016? It seems odd, wouldn't you get far better sales with the disc from the start?

Personally, as a game collector, i'll definitely be wanting the console disk.

will future levels cost or is it included with the game / preorder ?

Or will it be like DLC
    MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST - HACKERS (1995)

@Topper05, because IO will be doing more content - levels, contracts after the main release and they all will be free to download (@stuntryder788)!

Does anybody know if Vivienne Mckee will be doing the voice of Diana in Hitman 6?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast