Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So is Rise of the Tomb Raider going to get a Collector's Edition?

The collector's edition will probably come with 6 of Lara's ~ICONIC~ pick axes, since CD can't seem to get enough of them. They might as well shoehorn them into absolutely everything else while they're at it.
    signature image

I never get their obsession with the pick axe as I don't find it adds anything to the game beyond what a ladder grab in the old games did.

I think the will put out a collectors edition as these things tend to be an easy way to make way more on the game with not much extra work. I don't know if anybody knows from the last game but there was some thing where you got a KAI arts figure too and they are like worth more than the game now. I like things like that which are worth paying the extra for but hope that a collectors edition be for all platforms.

If SE + CD decide to release an CE for Rise. I believe they should let us fans vote on what we would love to see. (without the need for season pass) and no matter what version 360 or One it should share a full edition of the game. And let us unlock stuff the old school way

Its July and they haven't announced one...i'm losing hope

Hm, had to look it up. The TR2013 collector editions were revealed on November 2012 and the game launched early March 2013, that's roughly about 4 months. We really should have news about one for Rise soon.

Then again, if Microsoft is publishing it, things might be a little different.

^ I'm not the one buying my copy of the game so for people like me where the game will be a gift, sooner rather than later is a lot more beneficial...

Bump. So is anyone else thinking CD is holding off on announcing a CE until the Xbox launch, holding it back as a PS4 exclusive?
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Bump. So is anyone else thinking CD is holding off on announcing a CE until the Xbox launch, holding it back as a PS4 exclusive?
    They could release a CE at the PS launch on all three platforms, that way they can get more sales on Xbone and PC at the same time
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by RybatGrimes View Post
    The collector's edition will probably come with 6 of Lara's ~ICONIC~ pick axes, since CD can't seem to get enough of them. They might as well shoehorn them into absolutely everything else while they're at it.
    I'm pretty disappointed that they're using the pickaxe as Lara's trademark, I agree with Relic_Runner and think they don't really add much to the game. I would have liked the bow way better, even though I know many people wouldn't be happy with that either. Also, I think for the custom xBox and xBox controller they should have used Lara's face or like, a small figurine of her on the controller.

+ we already know that there are RotTR shirts with the pickaxe on them, as WinterSoldierLTE posted in the merchandising thread.

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    They could release a CE at the PS launch on all three platforms, that way they can get more sales on Xbone and PC at the same time
    Please no! There's no way I could affort buying two copies, and surely I'm not going to wait a year.
    signature image

Ok....XBOX ONE gets the game EXCLUSIVELY for one year.......then we will do it properly on the PS4. The Collector's Edition probably shows up with the PS4 version release so that Sony can one-up Microsoft, and partially offset that one year head start.
    I think that EACH version will have EXCLUSIVE content only available on their console (first time for this?)........so IF you want to play absolutely EVERYTHING this game will have to offer you are going to have to buy BOTH versions. THAT is what I think. And both Microsoft and Sony will do their very best to nickle and dime us to death for every penny they can possibly squeeze out of us on this game. To get both versions, and everything else that goes with, you are probably looking at upwards of $200 for this game experience.

With 78 days to launch I see no sign of a CE happening.
    Pre-Order Pack information on the base edition is sketchy at best.
    On Xbox One as SofaJockey. 30 years of computer RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by SofaJockey View Post
    With 78 days to launch I see no sign of a CE happening.
    Pre-Order Pack information on the base edition is sketchy at best.
    Seventy eight days is plenty of time. They could announce a collector's edition on October 10th or November 1st for all we know.

(click image to enlarge)

I'm actually holding onto no hope now... I don't think there will be one anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kxtniss View Post
    There's no way I could affort buying two copies, and surely I'm not going to wait a year.
    Well, maybe they'll do versions that have the game, and versions that don't. I just got the 'Dead Space 3 Dev Edition' in the mail, then when I got on the computer to post pics in a thread on here found out that it was available both with and without the game (which I do wish I'd known before I ordered it, truth be told). So if someone was doing that a couple of years ago and actually selling them without a game packaged in, I don't see why CD wouldn't do the same. And to an extent they've already done that with the 'L.C.T.O.O. Gold Edition'.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Collectors edition announced ! Finally

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/12...rs-editionLINK

^That statue looks amazing!!!!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    ^That statue looks amazing!!!!
    I know right ? Looks awesome. I'm quite surprised the play arts Kai figure isn't included as we know there's one being made, it must be up for sale separately. I do prefer this statue though

^ The Kai figure will be worth a loooot of money probably, I wonder who made this figure

Hopefully not too much, I'd like to get it to keep my TR13 one company yeah I'd like to know that too, seems they've done a good job whoever made it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12