Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: DXMD Composers - McCann & Dikiciyan - SOUNDTRACK/MUSIC Thread- NEW: Sybernetyks

DXMD Composers - McCann & Dikiciyan - SOUNDTRACK/MUSIC Thread- NEW: Sybernetyks

Smile DXMD Composers - McCann & Dikiciyan - SOUNDTRACK/MUSIC Thread- NEW: Sybernetyks

A new thread to discuss all things related to music.
    Official and unofficial, of course!

Latest updates

Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Frontline (Pillar Remix)

__

Originally Posted by Salfurium
    Award-Winning Artist Sascha Dikiciyan composing tracks for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Square-Enix and Eidos-Montréal today announced that, in addition to Michael McCann returning to compose music for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, award-winning artist Sascha Dikiciyan (aka Sonic Mayhem) will also bring his talent to the game’s soundtrack.
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided’s Original Soundtrack will be available worldwide this fall.

__

Mankind Divided Footage Set to "The Golem City"

__

November

DXMD ‘Announcement Trailer’ Wins a Clio Award!

The “Announcement Trailer” for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has won a Clio Award!

The trailer, with music composed by Michael McCann, involved many different people and companies including Goldtooth Creative BC (Canada), Visual Works animation studio (Square Enix – Japan), Eidos Montreal (Canada) and sound design by Alchimik Audio (Canada).
    __

October

__

DX:MD Announcement Trailer

__

DX.MD soundtrack and composer, Michael McCann

Michael McCann (also known as Behavior) is a Canadian composer for television, video games, and film.
    He is best known for composing the scores to the video games Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

McCann's music incorporates elements of electronic, orchestral and traditional acoustic instruments, and often includes the use of world, choral, and solo vocals (primarily female, and primarily lyric-less). His scoring work, as well as solo and production work, bridges multiple genres including ambient, world, jazz, break-beat, post-rock, trip-hop, drum and bass, industrial, rock and pop.

LINKS

Behaviour Music

Twitter

__

Epic Metal Cover (Little V)

Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 15th Aug 2016 at 22:54. Reason: added latest update - May 2016
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

All things related to music in general?
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

All music is good for the soul... although the more "Deus-sexy" it is; the better.

__

Here's a sweet trailer music remix:

Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 30th Apr 2015 at 18:54.
    signature image

I'm not even a fan of Metal, but I enjoyed Little V's cover.

We can't have a Deus Ex music thread without these emotional love ballads.

Why contain it?
    signature image

Originally Posted by 3dot14hole
    I'm not even a fan of Metal, but I enjoyed Little V's cover.
    Yeah, its great!
    I enjoy all genres of music myself.... except country and western.
    signature image

What is that second video with the DX1 Remix I don't even...

You don't even.... what?
    Its no masterpiece, lol, its just a remix to be found on YT.
    Hopefully there will be some awesome remixes for DXMD uploaded soon.
    You like remixes?
    signature image

Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    Not targeting you personally here, but why does everybody and their mother always say this? There is an ungodly high amount of crap in country, but saying one likes all genres besides this one always felt a bit odd. There's so much junk out there, in every single genre, that by breaking what you like into genres, and then excluding only one, makes it all self-contradictory. A good sound is a good sound, even if everybody has their preferences.

While I do like what's good (to me) in all genres, personally the oddity of a unique voice trumps anything else, which is probably why I enjoy good blues more than everything else. This is where personal tastes come into play.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

No worries, I like questions.
    The answer is not as complicated as you might think and it isn't self-contradictory. I have listened to country music... but it just doesn't do anything for me.
    My music library is massive; but I have never found one C&W track I actually connect with.
    signature image

Guess what I'm trying to say is when it comes to music (or any art really), breaking down what you like into genres is entirely irrelevant. As it turns out, in any given genre, you probably like a specific artist, or a specific sound reproduced by many artists, and are indifferent to everything else in that one genre. And even there, it's likely you only really like specific songs from an artist, and not their entire repertoire. So braking it down to genres makes little sense. You may hear a thousand country songs and never click, until one specific instance, in a specific point in your life, one song comes up on the radio while you're doing a long haul, canyon-carving drive and it all makes perfect sense. You may never like any other song in the genre ever again, without taking anything away from that particular moment.

Hence why I never understood that sentence, which everybody always says, in one variation or another.
    To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness

Who knows. I consider my music taste to be incredibly diverse; but just can't get into the C&W vibe.
    I have yet to hear a track that helps me fall in love with it.
    signature image

Some probably stumbled upon this one, but I think it's worth posting just in case we want to be reminded of Blade Runner and Terminator:

It does have the 80's movies vibe.

Even 80s synth can't make HR's soundtrack interesting. Very sad.

My music library is massive; but I have never found one C&W track I actually connect with.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Red Dead Redemption has such a good soundtrack. All of the four songs with vocals fit their respective scenes preeeeetty gosh darn nicely. On the subject of country, I dig it. I like all music. My parents took care of that. But I'd say The Highwaymen and their solo acts are my favorites. I'm not really a connoisseur of fine trailer rock saying the biggest country super group of all time is my fave, but still.

I have the RDR soundtrack... I do indeed like the spaghetti-western sound.
    I had no idea it would be classified as classic C&W music though, I was thinking on the lines of Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson etc.
    I found this huge list of 'country' genres.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country_genres
    Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 1st May 2015 at 10:47. Reason: added link
    signature image

Originally Posted by Shralla
    Even 80s synth can't make HR's soundtrack interesting. Very sad.
    You like the 80's?

I have the RDR soundtrack... I do indeed like the spaghetti-western sound.
    So, you want to say that absolutely nothing happens when you hear good old "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" sound?

I enjoy spaghetti-western music .I just don't enjoy "classic" C&W.

Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    You like the 80's?
    There are good sounds to be found in every decade.
    This synthesizer track is not quite the 80s, its 1979. I still enjoy listening to it after all these years.

Last edited by Lady_Of_The_Vine; 1st May 2015 at 10:59. Reason: added more music, yay!
    signature image

Some probably stumbled upon this one, but I think it's worth posting just in case we want to be reminded of Blade Runner and Terminator:

It does have the 80's movies vibe.
    This is a pretty good mix, I must admit. Definitely has that 80s vibe. Speaking of Blade Runner, I listened to its OST recently - can't go wrong with it, brilliantly composed and fits in perfectly with the dystopian world. Am I safe to assume that a lot of people here are fans of Blade Runner and/or Philip K. Dick? For me, Blade Runner is my number one film to come out of the 80s, and that's quite a feat too considering the abundance of fantastic films from that era. I'll never get tired of watching it!

Not even Ghost riders in the sky?

There are good sounds to be found in every decade.
    Sure, it's just a pity that some of us are too young to remember and it's not possible to listen to everything.

This synthesizer track is not quite the 80s, its 1979. I still enjoy listening to it after all these years.

Close enough to be called the 80's. Nice.

Originally Posted by Siddhartha_
    This is a pretty good mix, I must admit. Definitely has that 80s vibe. Speaking of Blade Runner, I listened to its OST recently - can't go wrong with it, brilliantly composed and fits in perfectly with the dystopian world. Am I safe to assume that a lot of people here are fans of Blade Runner and/or Philip K. Dick? For me, Blade Runner is my number one film to come out of the 80s, and that's quite a feat too considering the abundance of fantastic films from that era. I'll never get tired of watching it!
    I've listened to the OST just yesterday, but I've watched the movie only once. The amount of 80's classics is undeniable, but my all time fav movies are Terminators so I'll go with T1 as movie from that period that first comes to my mind.
    However, while while listening to this particular DX mix, my thoughts went from Terminator, Total Recall, Blade Runner, Depeche Mode, Boy George, Camouflage and what not. The power of synth, I say.

Not even Ghost riders in the sky?
    Its a good track and I get it... but I just don't truly enjoy this style of music. Not to the point where I am driven with desire to stick it on my mp3 player and listen to it often and understand the lyrics etc. etc. You know what I mean?

Sure, it's just a pity that some of us are too young to remember and it's not possible to listen to everything.
    Age has at least one advantage then.
    signature image

Its a good track and I get it... but I just don't truly enjoy this style of music. Not to the point where I am driven with desire to stick it on my mp3 player and listen to it often and understand the lyrics etc. etc. You know what I mean?
    Yup, gotcha. Are there perhaps some special tracks of that genre that are your guilty pleasure?

Age has at least one advantage then.
    Heh, and no wrinkles and fast metabolism. For the rest, I don't know as I already have knees of a granny.
    But seriously, I feel like I missed the best of world music because of not being born.

Yeah, its great!
    Same here, don't like C & W myself, Metal, other genres I loosely like, you could say guilty pleasures. I'm just happy McCann is returning, his stuff is so visceral. Halve of HR was the music for me.

Heh, and no wrinkles and fast metabolism. For the rest, I don't know as I already have knees of a granny.
    But seriously, I feel like I missed the best of world music because of not being born.
    With a quote like this, don't get me started on my hair loss

You like the 80's?
    I like the 80s aesthetics, for sure. I think I like modern, 80s-influenced things more than actual 80s things though. Like Hotline Miami, and this (it's pretty Deus Ex-y when you listen to the lyrics http://lyrics.wikia.com/The_Protomen:Light_Up_The_Night):

Not even Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt?

Last edited by Shralla; 2nd May 2015 at 02:41.

I'll give McCann props for the Double Agent OST. He did a very nice job solidifying the depressing theme of that game.

Menu theme:

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last