Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Human augmentation theme just lost all its value (New COD Trailer)

Human augmentation theme just lost all its value (New COD Trailer)

Originally Posted by IvanaKC
    I knew it!

They shouldn't stop pushing with this humor, though. Otherwise when CoD and DXMD come out, fanboys will point a finger and say that DX is a rip off of CoD. -.-
    fanboys are always going to claim random things with or without jokes. I think healthy humor does good for both games. I prefer humour stance to all-too-serious-stance.

Originally Posted by Dvaythavvar
    fanboys are always going to claim random things with or without jokes. I think healthy humor does good for both games. I prefer humour stance to all-too-serious-stance.
    They have nothing to be serious about anyway. It's not like there is a copyright to using augmentation theme or something and, for all I know at the moment, neither side can yell that the other is a ripoff.

Originally Posted by AdrianShephard
    Human augmentation theme just lost all its value
    No, it didn't.

They have nothing to be serious about anyway. It's not like there is a copyright to using augmentation theme or something and, for all I know at the moment, neither side can yell that the other is a ripoff.
    Exactly. Let angry 'fanboys' claim what they want.

They shouldn't stop pushing with this humor, though. Otherwise when CoD and DXMD come out, fanboys will point a finger and say that DX is a rip off of CoD. -.-
    Before you devolve into the "us vs them" mentality and rely on the newer forum members to boost your ego, take time to read and understand the argument made in this thread. No where does anyone mention "ripoff". Implicitly calling others who aren't happy with HR/MD "fanboys" -- when ironically you are the one tirelessly defending HR in other threads -- is unoriginal and says a lot about your ability to effectively counter an argument.

Before you devolve into the "us vs them" mentality and rely on the newer forum members to boost your ego, take time to read and understand the argument made in this thread. No where does anyone mention "ripoff". Implicitly calling others who aren't happy with HR/MD "fanboys" -- when ironically you are the one tirelessly defending HR in other threads -- is unoriginal and says a lot about your ability to effectively counter an argument.
    Before indulging in further discussion I must ask you how did you come to conclusion that I think people who don't like HR are CoD fanboys? By Dvaythavvar's reply, I thought it's very obvious that I referred to CoD 'fanboys' (not all fans), childish people with tendency to complain about everything.

Before indulging in further discussion I must ask you how did you come to conclusion that I think people who don't like HR are CoD fanboys? By Dvaythavvar's reply, I thought it's very obvious that I referred to CoD 'fanboys' (not all fans), childish people with tendency to complain about everything.
    If you did indeed mean to only refer to the COD audience then I am at fault.

If you did indeed mean to only refer to the COD audience then I am at fault.
    No probs. I didn't mention anyone else and my intention definitely wasn't to insult half of the world.

The only insult I am reading is in AdrianShephard's post when he states you rely on newer forum members to somehow boost your ego; advises you to read and understand arguments made in this thread and complains that you tirelessly defend HR blah blah.

No more personal insults or memberating please. Check the ToU.

__

Back on topic.
    I pay no heed to these 'rip-off' claims as its not a legitimate claim most of the time. Blatant plagiarism is the only claim of importance.
    "Rip off" heavily implies that nothing new was added; which is usually not the case. "Inspiration" is a more realistic description as most things are derivative and just about every creative process is inspired by something before and pays homage to their works.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    The only insult I am reading is in AdrianShephard's post when he states you rely on newer forum members to somehow boost your ego; advises you to read and understand arguments made in this thread and complains that you tirelessly defend HR blah blah.
    It was already established that I ed up. What is your goal in bringing it up again?

The fact that you misunderstood IvanaKC is a separate issue that was sorted out, yes.
    That aside, I am discussing how some of your comments violated the ToU (personal insult and memberating); irrespective of whether you understood or misunderstood IvanaKC.
    I've already sent you a PM about it, so, likewise, what is your goal in bringing it up again in the thread?

We can move on now, or PM me.
    signature image

There's a gameplay trailer up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Pspqx0XGs

Seems to have some nice use of first person movement.

It looks okay. E3 will probably have campaign gameplay, I'm waiting for that.

Originally Posted by DX1musicROCKS
    There's a gameplay trailer up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Pspqx0XGs

Seems to have some nice use of first person movement.
    It looks like Titanfall but slower, and you know it has a bunch of dumb Call of Duty stick and carrot stuff.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

CoD ripped off Deus Ex...

which isn't a bad thing, but everybody should know where Treyarch got their inspiration from.

signature image

^ So, the 9gag community isn't the only one obsessed with cats.

I knew this was going to happen the moment I started up the new Call of Duty warfare trailer. It will be highly interesting if they do their own game with the flavor of ours. If they do our game their way, screw it. I say the more the merrier, cyberpunk rules, bring it on!
    Last edited by Ex_Zero; 30th Apr 2015 at 00:46.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12