Thread: The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

The Underworld Tavern - Welcome / Introduction & Random Chat Thread

Can't say that I enjoyed it massively. On its own it doesn't have that much new to offer, but as a first part of new series it probably did what it had to do.

Kylo Ren was a bit lame, hopefully the next film will have some better villains.

Originally Posted by xaduha3
    Kylo Ren was a bit lame, hopefully the next film will have some better villains.
    I think they did great with Kylo Ren. He's suppose to be a Vader wannabe in Episode VII. I think we'll see a more mature Kylo Ren in Episode VIII.

Yeah, and what's with the dead forums? It's been like this ever since they moved away from the old Eidos forums.
    They cannot stop us, they cannot stop the future.

Dead, in my book, means completely devoid of life...

You make a good point though. Many forums are quieter places these days since social-networking took over.
    Forums begin to liven up again when something major happens.

Thanks for your thoughts on the SW movie... sounds like I'm not missing anything. I'm utterly content with GoT tbh.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I for one talked about Star Wars after it came out. Nobody else responded, which is different.

Originally Posted by Cyberhuman
    I think they did great with Kylo Ren. He's suppose to be a Vader wannabe in Episode VII. I think we'll see a more mature Kylo Ren in Episode VIII.
    And really, what do people think the origin of big bad guys looks like? They weren't always dominating and tyrannical, most of them started out as angry, spoiled children. And given what grown up angry spoiled children are doing to the world these days, it's a very relevant villain. He's also THE villain of the movies. He isn't going anywhere, and he's not going to get replaced or overshadowed by new villains. He's not Darth Maul.

Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    Thanks for your thoughts on the SW movie... sounds like I'm not missing anything. I'm utterly content with GoT tbh.
    So one single person says they didn't "enjoy it massively" and that means you aren't missing anything? Even though most other people and critics did enjoy it quite a bit, and you are objectively missing a huge part of an American cultural phenomenon, something that is going to be dominating all forms of media for the next five years, and which will be around and relevant long after Game of Thrones is over? Game of Thrones isn't even remotely the same kind of thing, and it doesn't demand or even suggest exclusivity. Being content with Game of Thrones (which will be gone for another year in two months) has nothing to do with watching Star Wars.
    Last edited by Shralla; 28th Apr 2016 at 18:03.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    So one single person says they didn't "enjoy it massively" and that means you aren't missing anything?
    If you comprehend properly, I said it sounds like I'm not missing anything... I didn't draw any definite conclusions from one person's opinion.

Relax. As you already know, I'm not a Star Wars fan in any case and therefore not in any kind of rush to go see the new movie... so its no biggie really.

As for GoT. I was merely saying that I'm content to watch it. It wasn't said in any way as to compare the two together.
    Again. Relax.
    signature image

Dead, in my book, means completely devoid of life...
    Okey, so it's a zombie forum. Like.. kind of dead

And really, what do people think the origin of big bad guys looks like? They weren't always dominating and tyrannical, most of them started out as angry, spoiled children. And given what grown up angry spoiled children are doing to the world these days, it's a very relevant villain. He's also THE villain of the movies. He isn't going anywhere, and he's not going to get replaced or overshadowed by new villains. He's not Darth Maul.
    I agree.. and yes, it's good that we have a bad guy that didn't die in the first movie; give him some time to develope.

Okey, so it's a zombie forum. Like.. kind of dead
    Hehe, yeah... I can go with that. We have some movement here, albeit slow and stiff.

Now THIS forum is definitely "dead". Nothing has moved in there for a long time it seems...
    signature image

I for one talked about Star Wars after it came out. Nobody else responded, which is different.
    Looks like we are both wrong. You did talk about it and I did reply. I just forgot.

Some things are easily forgotten....

Looking forward to the Summer and what is to come. Anyone here attending this year's Bulldog Bash?
    signature image

Now THIS forum is definitely "dead". Nothing has moved in there for a long time it seems...
    That's a little depressing to see. My impression is that even if Deus Ex is an iconic franchise, it still seems to have a fringe audience. You have the people who'd buy MD because they like games in general, but they might not even complete the game, or they will never come back because they don't have the time or whatever. Then you have the casual fans who like Deus Ex, but will only play a game once or twice and then wait for the next one to be released. Then you have a minority of hardcore fans who love everything Deus Ex, but where some members didn't appreciate the creative decisions that EM had to make in order to establish the future of the franchise.

It seems like most hardcore fans are missing from these forums. I've observed a resurgence of activity on several Star Wars forums since Disney bought Lucasfilm, and I expected something similar to happen when EM announced Deus Ex Universe. This was amazing news for Deus Ex fans, but I have the impression that the community isn't as vibrant as you'd expect. It would be inspiring for devs as well to see a more vibrant Deus Ex community and I think it can have an impact on the longevity of the franchise in general and for Deus Ex Universe in particular.

The community is still vibrant but activity has moved over to sites like FB, Twitter and Reddit - official forums are becoming less popular.
    Times are a-changing.... we must change with it.
    Omar can help with this.
    signature image

I don't use Facebook or Reddit, but good to hear that the community is growing and vibrant.

Signing out

"Mind blown" of the day: Roy Dotrice, the actor who recorded all those Game of Thrones audiobooks is 92 years old!

I don't use Facebook or Reddit...
    Me neither, until fairly recently. Things changed once I got myself a smartphone, hehe.
    I get relevant news and updates instantly, wherever I am, whatever I'm doing. I really enjoy the freedom.

__

Originally Posted by xaduha3
    "Mind blown" of the day: Roy Dotrice, the actor who recorded all those Game of Thrones audiobooks is 92 years old!
    It must be awesome to live to a ripe old age and yet still retain a good working brain.
    signature image

Hi there, this is Solid_84 formerly known as Solid1723...Guess I'm back

Welcome back.
    signature image

(click image to enlarge)

khm

What does "khm" mean?
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Mostly it means that the message was too short, because it just had a picture/link, so I added some.

Last edited by xaduha3; 17th May 2016 at 10:31.

Haven't stopped in for a real long while.

Anyone else see Stephen Russell is cast as Corvo's VO in the new Dishonored? I freaking love Harvey Smith.

Originally Posted by AdrianShephard
    Haven't stopped in for a real long while.

Anyone else see Stephen Russell is cast as Corvo's VO in the new Dishonored? I freaking love Harvey Smith.
    Arkane does what Square Enix's teams won't. I've been saying that since Dishonored came out, and this is clearly just blatantly having a laugh at Squeenix's expense.

....and this is clearly just blatantly having a laugh at Squeenix's expense.
    You really believe this?

Originally Posted by AdrianShephard

Awesome!
    signature image

Anybody using logic and who has a basic understanding of human interaction believes it. There is no other reason for them to get Stephen Russell when they could have gotten literally anybody else. It's not like they would have gotten him had Eidos used him for Garrett again, the only reason they got him is because Eidos didn't. Video game companies (really all companies) do like that literally all the time. It's light-hearted poking fun at another company, it's not like I think they're trying to tear down Square Enix or something.
    Last edited by Shralla; 2nd Jun 2016 at 18:09.

Anybody using logic and who has a basic understanding of human interaction believes it. There is no other reason for them to get Stephen Russell when they could have gotten literally anybody else. It's not like they would have gotten him had Eidos used him for Garrett again, the only reason they got him is because Eidos didn't. Video game companies (really all companies) do like that literally all the time. It's light-hearted poking fun at another company, it's not like I think they're trying to tear down Square Enix or something.
    Oh they definitely got Stephen 'on purpose'. Arkane could have easily picked someone else seeing as how now both Dishonored games now have a pretty solid celebrity line-up for the VOs. I really hope Corvo's dialogue has some snark to him and Russell uses his calm Garrett voice. None of that harsh raspy stuff from Fallout/Skyrim.

Dishonored 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 are literally the only 2 games I'm looking forward to ATM.

Speaking of cyberpunk, is CyberP still fighting the good fight? I came across him on an r/askreddit thread about some good old school video games. I literally ctrl+F 'deus ex' and boom, there is CyberP replying to a guy mentioning DX.

...the only reason they got him is because Eidos didn't...
    Another conspiracy.
    signature image

Page 13 of 15 First First ... 39101112131415 Last