Thread: Time and Space

Time and Space

Being a big time travel fan...

Watching Heroes, Star Trek, back to the Future, etc.

I'm wondering if the writer has consider which path they're taking with time & space.
    In the beginning she was brought back to the class room as well as back to the past, even heading to the lighthouse.

But when we play and use the powers, she stays on the same spot, hence on the right spot to do some things quickly.

The way I see it at the moment is that there are two 'windows' through which Max travels backwards or forwards in time. The first being all the events which she has no control over - the beginning of the game at the lighthouse being a prime example. In situations like those, she, and us - the players, have no choice and are compelled to traverse the timeline to whatever end.

The second 'window' are all the events that, after travelling back of forth in time she is able to modify to her/the player's conscientious needs.

Thing is, playing with the concept of time travel is a tricky business and the more one thinks about it, the more flaws are thrown up for 'future' scrutiny...hehe.

The trick to accomplish for the developers - as I see it - is not to get bogged down with too much detail, or overly fussing about the logic of it all - you would end up pulling your hair out. The trade off would be to find a balance between the two.

Having said that, we don't yet know what's in store for Max in future episodes, and it may well get deeper and more complicated for both her and us. Like I said, time travel is a tricky business full of holes waiting to swallow you up whole should you make one wrong move.

As for me, personally, I love the game just as it is!