Thread: "coming soon"

"coming soon"

"coming soon"

Logged in today and noticed a new addition to the "coming soon" window in the main menu. It states that the new map is going to be out in a bit (It also substituted "weapon crafting" message). My point is, why don't you guys add all the other features that have been mentioned there since August (!), before adding anything else. We have had enough teasing.
    Also, are there any news on when the open beta starts? Me and my friends have been suspecting it will be out right after the immortal pack sale that just ended. Any other speculations?

All they have done is remove weapon crafting from the coming soon section, they were advertising new maps for a while.

Certain features are still in development, or were a bit delayed to focus on other updates (such as the Matchmaking improvements and issues). Some of the items we teased there are coming sooner than others, such as the Summoner. We're working on getting more of the content ready for you guys, so we'll share details on those as they come along, including the Summoner, the next Human class, and the new map.

We haven't announced an Open Beta date yet, but we'll share info on that as soon as we're able to
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Is the weapon crafting still coming, just later than originally planned? Are the features you mentioned the ones that are likely to come first? Can you say which have been delayed the furthest? Also, is the plan to release a large number of features in one go for open beta?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

A preliminary Map with dates and a timeline would be awesome =D

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Certain features are still in development, or were a bit delayed to focus on other updates (such as the Matchmaking improvements and issues). Some of the items we teased there are coming sooner than others, such as the Summoner. We're working on getting more of the content ready for you guys, so we'll share details on those as they come along, including the Summoner, the next Human class, and the new map.

We haven't announced an Open Beta date yet, but we'll share info on that as soon as we're able to
    But how about Deceiver's devolved skin? The other vampire classes already have them since loong time ago, and Deceiver still nothing T_T. It's not fair!

Sorry still sad about Deceiver losing the poll for 1 vote, but even if I'm dying for getting my "claws" over the Summoner... *sobs*

Roadmap required but that would tie Psyonix down to deadlines and I'm pretty sure they don't want that.

Originally Posted by Cristari
    Roadmap required but that would tie Psyonix down to deadlines and I'm pretty sure they don't want that.
    they could give approximations, this stops them from being tied down, even if they were vague and said evolved skin weeks, new map months, reward skin days.....
    signature image

Originally Posted by Cristari
    We do want that actually, and want to have something like this eventually (sooner rather than later).

Right now, though, our #1 priorities are all focused on moving towards the open beta launch and getting matchmaking working reliably. Once we've got that nailed down, then we can approach publishing/ revealing a roadmap more responsibly

In regards to releasing major content, though, the Summoner class will be the next big thing after matchmaking.

Cheers.
    Jeremy Dunham | Psyonix
    Twitter: @DunhamSmash

Originally Posted by GonarTrvig
    But how about Deceiver's devolved skin? The other vampire classes already have them since loong time ago, and Deceiver still nothing T_T. It's not fair!

I responded in other threads about this, but yes it's still coming (and you're going to love it).
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

I responded in other threads about this, but yes it's still coming (and you're going to love it).
    Can't love it if you don't have it
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

come on already!!!!! cannot wait im seriously dying!
    signature image

all of this coming soon stuff reminds of me George RR Martin in South Park. whenever someone asks him when the dragons in his books are coming he just says "don't worry, theyre coming, and theyre going to be huge. you wont believe it." but the dragons still havent arrived.

dont worry, all of these cool implementations are coming to nosgoth soon. and theyre going to be amazing, you wont believe your eyes. just not yet. "soon."

Dead thread resurrection, but just to let you know, we do plan on giving regular updates once the Open Beta starts that's very similar to the Roadmap you guys have asked for. We'll touch on it a bit in the dev stream next week, with the first official roadmap-like update getting published the week after.
    Jeremy Dunham | Psyonix

Originally Posted by DunhamSmash
    Dead thread resurrection, but just to let you know, we do plan on giving regular updates once the Open Beta starts that's very similar to the Roadmap you guys have asked for. We'll touch on it a bit in the dev stream next week, with the first official roadmap-like update getting published the week after.
    Thanks. I really appreciate that. There's still a lot of work to be done, but it must be nice to finally get ready to move past this landmark.

Originally Posted by Calderweiss
    Thanks. I really appreciate that. There's still a lot of work to be done, but it must be nice to finally get ready to move past this landmark.
    Absolutely! We've been waiting to get here a long time!
    Jeremy Dunham | Psyonix