Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 for PC - Issues, requests and suggestions

Final Fantasy XIII-2 for PC - Issues, requests and suggestions

I really do NOT want to have to turn shadows OFF and anti aliasing OFF just to be able to play the game as it makes it look very ugly and if you force it off via the control panel it causes strange glitches (The eyeliner effect.)

Please Square, just optimise the games a little more so they at least run at 30fps and give us the option to cap the framerate to 30 or 60 ourselves to make it smoother!
    "I can help you, if that's what you want."

Dear Square Enix,
    Final Fantasy 13-2 game is fun but the performance issues are holding it back. My pc specs are FX-8350 (8 core cpu overclocked to 4.1 Ghz). GPU: R9 270X and 8gb od DDR 3 RAM i can barely keep 30 fps on 1080p 2xAA and 1056 shadows. i have also played final fantasy 13 and my frames rarely dipped below 30fps i know this game looks better but it is not that much more graphically appealing than many other games that i run at high settings 90fps. PLZ help

p.s. a motion blur and Antroscopic Filtering setting would be nice but they are not critical.

Originally Posted by Sammy_Kneen
    I really do NOT want to have to turn shadows OFF and anti aliasing OFF just to be able to play the game as it makes it look very ugly and if you force it off via the control panel it causes strange glitches (The eyeliner effect.)

Please Square, just optimise the games a little more so they at least run at 30fps and give us the option to cap the framerate to 30 or 60 ourselves to make it smoother!

This is what I want too... I want to be able to play it on a buttery smooth 30 FPS... sadly I can't because no matter what settings I use it does NOT help, keeps running on 20 fps... @Square, just optimize it well, make it use all of our GPU's and CPU's power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eudAywjU2to [720] Gedosato didn't do anything for me but crash my game occasionally.

http://www.twitch.tv/kanzaki415/c/5670805 [1080] Same thing

If you can't tell, my spikes are basically whenever a menu pops up in BOTH games. I drop as low as 10 FPS on the load menu or Crystarmium. I have to turn off my mini map in both games or I drop below 30 FPS. My cutscenes and QTE's are perfectly high FPS. I get higher and more stable FPS in Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed Unity (which is poorly optimized.)

Specs
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 Superclocked 4gb
    i7 2600k 3.40GHz
    8gb of RAM

Heyyo,

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.70GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H80 (CWCH80) High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    16.0GB (4x4GB) Kingston Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 2133MHz (11-12-11-30 @ 1.65V)
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68X-UD7-B3 (Socket 1155)
    ASUS VE278 27" LCD (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (EVGA stock clock speeds)
    2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (EVGA stock clock speeds)
    SLI Enabled on drivers v344.75
    Creative LabsSound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional
    Visiontek's Bigfoot Network Killernic 2100

.... sporradic framerates linked to issues with the HUD, just like FF XIII for PC... PLEASE PATCH THE HUD IN BOTH GAMES SO IT DOESN'T AFFECT THE FRAMERATE!

PC specs
    Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz
    8gb DDR3 memory
    Gigabyte z87mx-d3h
    2x AMD Radeon R9 290 4gb
    OCZ Vector 128gb SSD
    Windows 8.1 Pro

Dips below 30 fps a majority of the time at resolutions above 1080p for XIII-2. my suggestion goes out to all of the final fantasy XIII games in the trilogy, they do need fixing. i hope square sorts out the issues for this trilogy.

Mine Spec :

AMD A6 3420M 2.8GHz overclocked
    HD7670M overclocked
    6GB RAM DDR3

On FFXIII , I can achieve around 25~30FPS or above . But FFXIII-2 ? 20 solid fps .... never going above that ... Cinematic run at 30FPS constantly ~ this is a bug to me ~ mine settings are 4k shadow , 16x AA , 1366~768 resolution . On FFXIII , this settings are running fine on my setup . Square Enix , please fix it asap as you already broke your promise to us . Fix the rain effect too , on pc version looks sucks than ps3 version .

Originally Posted by Pinkar
    I agree here. Not all people have good PCs, and some people are happy to have their PCs and it would be ridiculous to buy a new PC only because of one game.

The very easy first step is to add Shadows: OFF, and Anti-Aliasing: OFF options. Since you already added Shadow resolutions and Anti-Aliasing settings, i think it would be easy to add OFF option as well
    lower resolutions would be nice as well(800x600,640x480 or 640x400) :/

Originally Posted by Geri2033
    I've been wanting to play FF13-2 for a very long time,I've played the demo on my friend's Xbox and I really enjoyed it.I got very excited when I read the game(and the FF13 trilogy itself) will be coming to PC.So I pre-ordered the 13-2 on Steam and yesterday it finally unlocked and I could play.My laptop isn't very good(2GB of RAM,Intel Celeron 900 Single Core CPU and an Intel integrated graphics card) and I got really disappointed when I saw the video settings.
    In my opinion the lowest resolution should be been 640x400,640x480 or 800x600,there should be an option to disable V-Sync and Anti-Aliasing and also a "Graphic Detail" option would be useful as well.

I know I'm just being sad about not being able to play a game I've been wanting to for years,but hey I paid money for the game :/
    More suggestions : -an option to disable weather effects,
    -graphical details (i.e Very Low,Low,Medium,High,Ultra)

My pic specs:
    Gpu:Hd 7970ghz
    Ram: 8gb ddr3
    Cpu: Intel i5-3470 @ 3.2ghz

I also like to voice my concern for the performance of the game. Framerate fluctuates way too often as with the first, but my most serious gripe right now is that I'm stuck playing at 1080p because the game seem to hate my monitors resolution. (I've had to lock Framerate to 30 btw.)

I play on a 2560x1440 monitor and the game is literally broken, graphics wise. It has weird artifacts and a long diagonal line running right across the screen, which seems to split the image in two. I' ve read that this game, like xiii, is unable to output at resolutions that are multiples of 720p. Hopefully this will be addressed as well.

Originally Posted by Kirdax
    This is what I want too... I want to be able to play it on a buttery smooth 30 FPS... sadly I can't because no matter what settings I use it does NOT help, keeps running on 20 fps... @Square, just optimize it well, make it use all of our GPU's and CPU's power.
    YES! Optimize it and give us framerate options on BOTH XIII games, please, please, PLEASE Square!

I can play The Last Remnant at 1080p on MAX settings with 100-200fps at all times, and yet in this game I'm lucky if I get 20.

Please do NOT just give us options to turn everything off and down, just try and optimize the game so we can run it looking nice at least at 30 frames per second.

STEP 1: OPTIMIZE XIII & XIII-2
    STEP 2: ADD FRAMERATE OPTION 30 or 60
    STEP 3: GET PRAISE FROM YOUR HAPPY FANS
    Last edited by Sammy_Kneen; 13th Dec 2014 at 09:57.
    "I can help you, if that's what you want."

Can you play this?It‘s about FF13(NOT-2)
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/292120...3787415474136/
    I have the same problem

Please think about people with Low End Laptops/PCs as well

This game does have some serious issues for playability. Too much frame spikes moving from area to area. While I am able to maintain 60FPS 1/3rd of the time, it still drops to 30FPS every now and then.

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    i7 3930K @ 4.5Ghz
    64GB G-Skill 2400Mhz DDR3
    2x Asus Strix Geforce 970 GTX
    2x 256GB SSD Raid0
    4x 3TB HDD Raid0
    Asus Xonar Dx 7.1
    Windows 8.1 x64 Latest updates.
    Xbox360 Controller

Game settings used:

Full - Screen Display Mode
    2560x1600
    Japanese Audio
    Shadow Resolution at 4096x4096
    Anti-Aliasing at x4
    SLI Disabled. (The game doesn't take advantage of the 2nd GPU)
    Latest Graphic Driver: 344.75

Nvidia Settings at Default except for:
    Anisotropic Filtering at 16x
    Maximum Pre-rendered frame 4 (Need SLI Disable for this to work)
    Multi-Frame Sampled AA: ON (This need to be on for the game to render at native resolution, instead of the upscale 720P)
    Single Display Performance Mode
    Power Management Mode at Prefer Maximum Performance
    Triple buffering On

I get a stable 60FPS running around in the game world. Frequent frame dips depending on what's being shown on screen. During battles, it usually drop down to 30FPS. Visual quality of XIII-2 appears to be worst compared to XIII.

Further note, in Final Fantasy XIII, I can play nearly flawlessly at 60FPS on 3840x2160 resolution using GeDoSaTo. There is some FPS drop to 30, but majority of the time, it's stable at 60. The character model looks absolutely amazing for a game released back in 2011 for the PS3. The PS3 was definitely holding the game's visual back. Glad to see it's potential unleashed on the PC. Too bad I could not say the same for XIII-2 for now. Still waiting for an updated GeDoSaTo version to support XIII-2.
    Last edited by Goshtic; 14th Dec 2014 at 11:40.

Same here
    System:
    CPU: Intel Celeron G1620 @2.7ghz
    GPU: Radeon HD 7770
    Ram: 4gb

I'm over the minimum requsites and my gpu is more than capable of running the game at 1080p at least 30fps, but no, the game is constantly dropping down to 20fps because of unoptimization. I can run most of the games that came out during 2013 and before just fine, most of them even at 60fps, but this one and FFXIII too needs more work on it! It happens mostly during battles and cutscenes though.

I have a 3570k and GTX 770, and I'm getting drops into the 20s at 1080p.

My CPU and GPU spend most of their time in the 50% range, so it's not that my PC isn't powerful enough.

4770K 4,2 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    AMD R9 290
    SSD's

Still getting a lot of FPS drops. If even high end hardware is getting these drops, there really must be something wrong for a game looking like this. (I mean, a lot of games look prettier while running a lot better!).

I am going to chime in here wiht basically what I wrote on the Steam forum:
    So, first time I launched this game, I got 60fps in everything except battles that often dropped to 30 fps. And that was nice. DOF was a little off but I can live with that most of the time. I also notice that it is rendered in a lower resolution than displayed but there are tools that can fix that. (I havent tried yet)

Next time I load, and any time I load since, average fps is 30fps. No additional changes to settings or anything. The fps is also inconsistent, occasionally jumping to 60 fps, 40ish, and with each jump, the flow of the graphics is disturbed so that it feels like the game flickers like running at a framerate below 30fps (although it stays over 30, its just the inconsistency makes it flickery). What is weirder, the game can play battles at 60fps easily, and yet not the field. Opposite to the first time I loaded. that doesnt make any sense! Changing the Shadow Resolution does not improve things (althought there is a clear problem running at crazily high shadow resolutions - but seriously, who needs 8k shadows?)

The Bresha Rain, It looks like they stole the weather effects from the original Tron film. Digital Rain - could have been apart of the plot where its not actually rain but paradox energy falling in individual straight lines

My computer is capable of pulling 100fps easily on another SE game, FFXIV. (It falls to 30fps in highly crowded areas, but that is hardly a fault of optimisation - seriously, I've seen it go down to unplayable on other computers when the area is completely crowded).

So FFXIII-2 is broken in terms of optimisation and basic graphic effects. Also it crashes in pretty random places. I cant save game in the Crux Historia without a crash.

And also, the DLC is not accessiable like it was on the PS3 version. Sure I understand that they might not want you to get Lightning from the DLC at an early point of the game (I did in the PS3 version and she held the party through most of the game and was far too op for the point I accessed her). But, being that they were so lazy in the tech side of the port, I dont understand why they even bothered changing that detail.

And just to for those who want to complain about specs:
    Evga GTX970 SC 4gb
    i7 3820 ~ oc'd to ~4ghz
    12gb DDR3 Ram running at 1600mhz
    Everything else more than sufficient to support the optimal running of that hardware.

So to conclude, Poor optimisation, Buggy software, incomplete or non working graphic effects. In dire need of a patch that properly runs the game.

i3 -2100 3.1 ghz
    8 GB of DDR3 ram
    AMD radeon HD 6800 series
    We need a enable and disable V-Sync option. There framerate issues with the game.

Please Square-Enix, fix the FPS on FF XIII-2

The game runs most of time at 30 FPS here, only some time it jumps to 60 FPS.

Please Square-Enix, fix the FPS!!

Also, there are issues with the rain in this game.

PC Specs:
    Motherboard: Asus model: P8Z77 V-LX
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz - 4.23GHz Overclocked
    RAM: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Corsair Vengeance
    GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770 Gigabyte (GV-N770OC-2GD) Currently using Driver 344.75 WHQL
    Last edited by mike_ptbr; 14th Dec 2014 at 20:21.

FFXIII-2 crashes constantly for me; I often can't even get into an area after I load the game. For me, the problem always links back to a dinput8.dll

Most of players are having FPS issue, my PC can run FFXIII at 60fps all the time with lowest setting (stable at 30fps in highest setting, rarely drop to 20fps but OK), while in FFXIII-2 i can't get it greater than 30fps and FPS drops to 20 too often.

glad to see SE Devs are communicating with us about this issue.... or not we haven't had one comment about it . where are the mods

have AMD FX6350, 8GB DDR3 ram, W7 x64 and AMD R9 270 *(Catalyst Omega)

Im getting random frame stuttering at 3x-60 fps on everywhere in FF13-2

1080p , 2x MSAA and 2048x2048 shadow reso

Core i5 3300
    8GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX660

Same issue, framerate drops bellow 30 and is unstable both in battle and out from the very beggining of the game.
    I could complete FF XIII PC version with not a single issue, and crank all options up to the maximum when the patch released in december 11 came out. Still it could play smooth as silk.
    Even with all settings at minimum framerate still drops and fluctuates, it is annoyng and gives me headaches i feel like missing pices of in game engine cutscenes and when it happens in battle i miss damage showing. It is currently unplayable for me. A locked but never dropping 30fps would have been fine, but right now it is too bad even for a PS3 port.

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last