Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed Victory

Assassin's Creed Victory

There was a HUGE Assassin's Creed leak the other day, and Ubisoft confirmed it to be true.

Next years' Assassin's Creed is called "Assassin's Creed Victory", set in 19th Century Victorian London. Say hello to Queen Victoria, Arthur Conan Doyle & Sherlock Holmes, Charles Dickens & Oliver Twist, Jack the Ripper, Spring-heeled Jack, and Big Ben, anyone?

Victorian London has been on my list for a while as an AC setting I'd love to see. It's being made by Ubisoft Quebec, who hopefully learned from Ubisoft Montreal and won't release a buggy game.

Source: http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-ass...ond-1665343788
    signature image

It's a shame it was leaked because the Unity still isn't fixed enough.

However, as a big fan of AC, of course I'm thrilled! The age of beginning of the industry is perfect for an AC plot. I hope that this time we'll also find out more about the modern day plot - it really is unclear at the moment what's going on.

Question

I'm still baffled by their poor choice of title.
    I mean i get that they are starting a new trend with 'Unity' , 'Victory' , and while we're at it perhaps 'Tyranny' for the next game if it's set in the first half of the twentieth century. But common, title 'Victory' for the episode that is set in Victorian London? That's an odd way to put a link at things.

Also i'm pretty sure the 'leak' was intentional, maybe as a way to divert attention from Unity.
    In any case stuff like this just don't explode all over the internet as mere accident.

And for all we know London isn't going to be the only city we'll set foot in this time around.

Hope that grappling hook can be used freely, not just in scripted areas.

Although i never played the recent DLCs made by Ubisoft Quebec, i generally heard positive things about them, maybe a larger scale title will benefit them more.

Modern Day section completely dropped the ball ever since Assassin's Creed II introduced the First Civilization nonsense and whatnot, so my hopes for it are at a strict minimum. Would be great if they could recapture the charm and mystery of Abstergo like in the first Assassin's Creed. Black Flag came close enough with the dossier hackings, but still not quite as unique and 'alien' even as in the first game.
    Revelations deserves honorable mention for taking a break at it all and instead we get to journey into Desmond's psyche. Unfortunately it's not like we can ever hope to see something like that again, will we?
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

I'm excited for it!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by IvanaKC View Post
    It's a shame it was leaked because the Unity still isn't fixed enough.

However, as a big fan of AC, of course I'm thrilled! The age of beginning of the industry is perfect for an AC plot. I hope that this time we'll also find out more about the modern day plot - it really is unclear at the moment what's going on.
    Agreed. Apparently it was supposed to be revealed in the spring, so this leaked way earlier than most leaks.

As for the modern day storyline, unfortunately, I think Ubisoft is done with that, for the most part. They severely minimized it for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed Rogue, and in Assassin's Creed Unity, it is practically non-existent. It's a shame, really. I loved the modern day storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by GrievousOdyssey View Post
    I'm still baffled by their poor choice of title.
    I mean i get that they are starting a new trend with 'Unity' , 'Victory' , and while we're at it perhaps 'Tyranny' for the next game if it's set in the first half of the twentieth century. But common, title 'Victory' for the episode that is set in Victorian London? That's an odd way to put a link at things.

Also i'm pretty sure the 'leak' was intentional, maybe as a way to divert attention from Unity.
    In any case stuff like this just don't explode all over the internet as mere accident.

And for all we know London isn't going to be the only city we'll set foot in this time around.

Hope that grappling hook can be used freely, not just in scripted areas.

Although i never played the recent DLCs made by Ubisoft Quebec, i generally heard positive things about them, maybe a larger scale title will benefit them more.

Modern Day section completely dropped the ball ever since Assassin's Creed II introduced the First Civilization nonsense and whatnot, so my hopes for it are at a strict minimum. Would be great if they could recapture the charm and mystery of Abstergo like in the first Assassin's Creed. Black Flag came close enough with the dossier hackings, but still not quite as unique and 'alien' even as in the first game.
    Revelations deserves honorable mention for taking a break at it all and instead we get to journey into Desmond's psyche. Unfortunately it's not like we can ever hope to see something like that again, will we?
    Yeah, sadly, it seems Ubisoft is now shifting each game as a standalone story, instead of a big overarching one. Guess it got too complicated, and some fans didn't like it. The titles are a little weird though, and apparently, Ubisoft has said that they are sticking to one word titles, with no numbers, that explain the theme of the game (apparently in a double meaning, as well, if Unity and Victory have taught us anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I'm excited for it!
    You and me both!!!
    signature image

All I can think is: Already? The first one I played was ACIII: Liberation on Vita, which I really liked. Then I played the first one, hated Alitair(?) and but the disck back in the box after a few hours. I still wanna get III and/or Blackflag since they're supposed to be different. But I think I just got lucky with the spinoff.

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    All I can think is: Already?
    Same here. I've still not played an 'Assassin's Creed' game (yet), but I do wonder how there is still enough interest in them after all these titles every year to keep on popping them out every 5 months or so. They aren't watered down or severely suffering from S.S,D.D. by now? It always seems like one month after 1 entry is released another one is announced. Those poor programmers and whatnot at Ubisoft have got to be sick of working on those games by now. Do any of them even get any days off? Like, more than one day off every month?
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

All I can think is: Already? The first one I played was ACIII: Liberation on Vita, which I really liked. Then I played the first one, hated Alitair(?) and but the disck back in the box after a few hours. I still wanna get III and/or Blackflag since they're supposed to be different. But I think I just got lucky with the spinoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Same here. I've still not played an 'Assassin's Creed' game (yet), but I do wonder how there is still enough interest in them after all these titles every year to keep on popping them out every 5 months or so. They aren't watered down or severely suffering from S.S,D.D. by now? It always seems like one month after 1 entry is released another one is announced. Those poor programmers and whatnot at Ubisoft have got to be sick of working on those games by now. Do any of them even get any days off? Like, more than one day off every month?
    Well, first of all you two; start with AC2 and you'll really understand why people loved the series so much As for the whole 12 months release schedule, they do have like 20 studios working on each game, so the load is spread out. Not to say I'd ever want their jobs cause good god would I die from stress I think the franchise needs a break, just so that they can really evaluate what people want in the games, Unity was a step in the right direct from what I've seen (if we disregard the horrendous bugs) but the AC franchise is clinging onto threads and IMO, this setting proves it and if Victory doesn't fair well, expect the Feudal Japan setting that everyone is always crying about
    signature image

Yass, Japan next pls!
    signature image

ACII? But that one sports Altair again right? From the start he already managed to make me hate him. I kept waiting for that BioWare dialogue wheel so I could change some of the choices he made, but unfortunately AC doesn't work like that. Was it Revelations who has the other guy or is he just a mean and selfish as Altair?

No, Altair isn't in the 2nd one. I think he doesn't show up again until 'Brotherhood', but I could be wrong on that.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

In that case I might give ACII a shot. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZooBoy View Post
    As for the modern day storyline, unfortunately, I think Ubisoft is done with that, for the most part. They severely minimized it for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed Rogue, and in Assassin's Creed Unity, it is practically non-existent. It's a shame, really. I loved the modern day storyline.
    I got a feeling that they want to focus on the history setting story because people loved that part of the AC so much, so they're milking it at the moment. They'll have to get to the modern day story eventually...

ACII? But that one sports Altair again right? From the start he already managed to make me hate him. I kept waiting for that BioWare dialogue wheel so I could change some of the choices he made, but unfortunately AC doesn't work like that. Was it Revelations who has the other guy or is he just a mean and selfish as Altair?
    In ACII, Brotherhood and Revelations main character is Ezio. You get to play as Altair in ACII for a minute or two, and in Revelations there are more short flashbacks (since you are following his footsteps in that game).
    Why did you find Altair to be selfish, If you don't mind me asking?

Why did you find Altair to be selfish, If you don't mind me asking?
    It's been a while since I played it, so forgive my memory of the terms and everything.

In the very beginning of the game there is this 'enemy' group Altair is told not to kill. Yet he just slashes out at them. There are several times he just disobeys orders and takes the right in his own hands. But not in a way of 'My plan will involve less victims'. It's hard to explain, but his personality was reason number one I put the game down. But not before I could hear Kristen Bell- Lucy Stillman (also the voice of Anna in Frozen) - for a few moments!

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    As ABH said, each game is developed by many studios all over the world, and each game takes 2-3 years to make. Meaning, Victory was starting to be worked on around 2-3 years ago, and the game they just started development on won't be out for another 2-3 years.

Yass, Japan next pls!
    I made up a whole list of future AC locations:

My Top 10 AC Locations

1. War of 1812
    2. Napoleonic Wars
    3. American Civil War
    4. American Wild West
    5. Russian Revolution
    6. Ancient Rome
    7. Ancient Greece
    8. Ancient Egypt.
    9. Feudal Japan
    10. Empirical China

And as a bonus, I'd love to see a fully modern day or near future or even far future Assassin's Creed, but none of those will ever happen lol.

My friend also came up with the idea of a First Civilization AC, showing how it all began. An AC prequel, of sorts. Which I think wuld be awesome.

Sadly, apparently Ubisoft wants to stay out of East Asia for the time being, and they said Egypt, Japan, and WWII would be bad settings for an AC game. And they also want to stay out of North America for a while after three consecutive games there. But who knows what can happen in the future.

Egypt might be too open, and another idea I hear around would be WWII. I personally feel that there are too many WWII games and it's too modern. A WWI game would be interesting though, not many games set in that time period. I also hear people saying that they can finish off this new trilogy with the Spanish Inquisition, and then have an East Asia trilogy with Japan, China, and Russia.

Meaning that the AC trilogies (besides AC1) would be:

- Ezio trilogy
    - North American trilogy
    - Western Europe trilogy
    - East Asia trilogy

Which is a very interesting idea, to say the least.

Also, this Assassin's Creed Chronicles game (the sidescroller) that is coming out, which is set in China, features a familiar Assassin, Shao Jun from Assassin's Creed Embers, to entice people in. Thi game might be a taste to see how people react with a Chinese Assassin. Ubisoft testing the waters, so to speak.
    Was it Revelations who has the other guy or is he just a mean and selfish as Altair?
    Without spoiling anything, that is part of Altair's character. He will grow from being selfish to wise by the end of the game. you especially get to see that more in his scenes in Revelations.

As for Ezio, he is one of the most charismatic people you will ever see in all of video game history. You see him grow from an 18 year old kid to a wise old man in his fifties, to a 65 year old man in Assassin's Creed Embers (a short animated film).

For reference, here are the AC games in release order with each playable character.

- Assassin's Creed: Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
    - Assassin's Creed II: Ezio Auditore da Firenze
    - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood: Ezio Auditore da Firenze
    - Assassin's Creed Revelations: Ezio Auditore da Firenze
    - Assassin's Creed III: Haytham Kenway in the beginning, and Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway) for the majority of the game.
    - Assassin's Creed Liberation: Aveline de Grandpre
    - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag: Edward Kenway
    - Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry: Adéwalé
    - Assassin's Creed Rogue: Shay Patrick Cormac
    - Assassin's Creed Unity: Arno Victor Dorian
    - Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Shao Jun

As for the modern day storyline, you play as Desmond Miles in AC1-ACIII, and then an unnamed Abstergo Entertainment analyst in ACIV and ACRouge. Starting with Unity, you play as YOURSELF, the player.

Also there are mobile and portable games, but with the exception of the aforementioned Liberation (which was also released for 360 and PS3 as an HD remaster), and the PSP game Assassin's Creed Bloodlines (starring Altair), none are worth getting.

Hope this helped informed you guys!
    signature image

It most certainly did, thanks for the list! Which AC is most like ACIII: Liberation? A few friends told me ACIII and Black Flag. But you seem to know a lot more about it than they do!

My favourite AC games (personally) are:

AC1 > AC3 > AC2 = AC4 (Brotherhood & Revelations can remain irrelevant for now). I'm an unpopular opinion type, it seems.

Liberations (contrary to what you'll be told) is a good game. It's nothing on the pillar releases, but it's a great game nonetheless considering that it's very inexpensive. AC3 is the most similar to AC:Lib.

Damn, @TheZooBoy. I give you credit for knowing what you want out of something. I'm not really a history fanatic so outside of a few pivotal historic moments I can't really get invested in a depthful conversation about what to want/expect from AC in regards to locations and settings.

However, I do think a First Civ AC game would pretty neat (actually read that suggestion on AC reddit page once), but wasn't the Templar/Assassin groups yet to be forged in that time? I'm not too interested in a modern day creed game. Watch_Dogs in essence was a foretelling experience and if you were to modify a few things here and there it would probably picture a Modern Day AC very accurately (tho it wouldn't be a good thing, imo).
    signature image

I'm fond of AC1 above many of the others, as well. Though in terms of the "Kitchen Sink" approach the series later took on, I like Brotherhood above the others.

I like Unity quite a bit and have been blessed not to get hit by the worst bugs out there. What bugs I do see I dismiss as problems with the Helix system in universe. It's probably my favorite AC game since Brotherhood.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Can you explain this "kitchen sink approach" to me? That one passed by my head.

I'm glad we agree about AC1, tho.
    signature image

It most certainly did, thanks for the list! Which AC is most like ACIII: Liberation? A few friends told me ACIII and Black Flag. But you seem to know a lot more about it than they do!
    No problem. ACIII is definitely the most like Liberation (almost identical gameplay-wise), and Black Flag and Rogue are essentially III with sailing (IV has a warmer, Caribbean climate, and Rogue has a colder, Arctic climate).

My favourite AC games (personally) are:

AC1 > AC3 > AC2 = AC4 (Brotherhood & Revelations can remain irrelevant for now). I'm an unpopular opinion type, it seems.

Liberations (contrary to what you'll be told) is a good game. It's nothing on the pillar releases, but it's a great game nonetheless considering that it's very inexpensive. AC3 is the most similar to AC:Lib.

Damn, @TheZooBoy. I give you credit for knowing what you want out of something. I'm not really a history fanatic so outside of a few pivotal historic moments I can't really get invested in a depthful conversation about what to want/expect from AC in regards to locations and settings.

However, I do think a First Civ AC game would pretty neat (actually read that suggestion on AC reddit page once), but wasn't the Templar/Assassin groups yet to be forged in that time? I'm not too interested in a modern day creed game. Watch_Dogs in essence was a foretelling experience and if you were to modify a few things here and there it would probably picture a Modern Day AC very accurately (tho it wouldn't be a good thing, imo).
    Heh, thanks! I love me some Assassin's Creed, and that's also mainly because I love me some history. Actually been thinking about being a history teacher. And yeah, Watch Dogs was basically a modern Assassin's Creed (even had a few AC references, as Black Flag did of Watch Dogs). My personal favorites are:

ACII>ACIV>ACRo>ACB>ACIII>AC1>ACR>ACL>ACF

So yeah, while Liberation is at the lower end, it was still a great game. I'll update this after I play Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTaffer View Post
    I'm fond of AC1 above many of the others, as well. Though in terms of the "Kitchen Sink" approach the series later took on, I like Brotherhood above the others.

I like Unity quite a bit and have been blessed not to get hit by the worst bugs out there. What bugs I do see I dismiss as problems with the Helix system in universe. It's probably my favorite AC game since Brotherhood.
    Hahaha, that's a good idea for the Unity bugs. Hopefully by Christmas time, the bugs will be fixed. Oh, and AC1 is the only game where I TRULY felt like an Assassin and not a warrior.

I'm curious, fellow AC fans. How many of you have played Assassin's Creed Rogue? If any of you skipped it in favor of Unity, I HIGHLY suggest rethinking that decision and picking up Rogue as well. Rogue was amazing, my third favorite AC (after ACII and ACIV, respectively).
    signature image

It's been a while since I played it, so forgive my memory of the terms and everything.

In the very beginning of the game there is this 'enemy' group Altair is told not to kill. Yet he just slashes out at them. There are several times he just disobeys orders and takes the right in his own hands. But not in a way of 'My plan will involve less victims'. It's hard to explain, but his personality was reason number one I put the game down. But not before I could hear Kristen Bell- Lucy Stillman (also the voice of Anna in Frozen) - for a few moments!
    Such a shame you didn't finish the game, then. You would see how much more mature Altair became. In the beginning, he was even punished for what he did and later, when he redeemed, he kinda regret it. Altair was always questioning his orders, always thinking about better solution (even though he did as his master told him) and therefore revealed who was a true selfish betrayer. Don't forget that his victims are not innocent. The game also reminds you that Altair never killed civilians.

Hahaha, that's a good idea for the Unity bugs. Hopefully by Christmas time, the bugs will be fixed. Oh, and AC1 is the only game where I TRULY felt like an Assassin and not a warrior.
    That might be a sentence I was looking for to describe why AC1 was SO different from others. Ezio felt like true assassin too, but with Altair there was so much more freedom with his not-following-orders- blindly character, yeah.

I'm curious, fellow AC fans. How many of you have played Assassin's Creed Rogue? If any of you skipped it in favor of Unity, I HIGHLY suggest rethinking that decision and picking up Rogue as well. Rogue was amazing, my third favorite AC (after ACII and ACIV, respectively).

Waiting for a discount.
    Last edited by IvanaKC; 8th Dec 2014 at 02:15.

My boyfriend showed me a lot of Black Flag which I loved and of course Conan Obriens review of Unity was awesome lol so I think I might give these games a try! The Bf let me a few so I am set to go
    Would love to see an Ancient Greece theme!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    start with AC2 and you'll really understand why people loved the series so much
    It's true that the gameplay seemed less rigid compared to the first game, but the atmosphere, narrative, and pacing was too different to be viewed as an improvement in my opinion.
    They've ditched what made the first game feel special in favor for something that feels a lot more casual and accessible. The protagonist is now a ladies'man on a quest for revenge, a swashbuckler who kills guards more often than he has to flee from them. The modern day plot now has you working with underground assassin revolutionaries fighting against the big evil corporation whereas the first game took a bold move at making you feel like a helpless lab rat digging for any of the small details you can get your hands on to have a clearer picture of what's going on in the world around you.
    Contrast the information you retrieve from the emails in the first game with the overtly grand and majestic appeal of Abstergo Entertainment in Black Flag, it's clear that they've did a 180 on how they wanted to portray the modern day universe.

II was a fun 'game', but it took a whole different approach to the franchise that i thought was not needed.
    Unfortunately for me it turned out to be exactly what the gaming audience wanted to see, so Ubisoft scored big on their gambit.

In that case I might give ACII a shot. Thanks.
    Actually at this point i think you might as well dive directly to Brotherhood. It significantly improves upon the game mechanics introduced in II and contains even more optional contents to play with, and the beautiful scenery location accompanied with the new original score wouldn't go unnoticed either.

Unpopular opinions? Haha, my personal favorites looks like this:

Revelations, of all new games after II, it came closest as establishing a good narrative and protagonist-to-player-relationship as seen in the first game
    Brotherhood, improved gameplay upon II, disappointing narrative and underdeveloped antagonist, but great music and visual scenery
    Black Flag, engaging gameplay if shallow, but mostly poor narrative
    III, poor gameplay, narrative pacing is flawed despite evidently good intentions, wouldn't mind seeing more of Connor
    II, fun game, but not the proper direction to the franchise i was expecting it to take

And believe me it was hard to find someone else in a forum that looked so highly of 1 and Revelations!

I'm not too interested in a modern day creed game. Watch_Dogs in essence was a foretelling experience and if you were to modify a few things here and there it would probably picture a Modern Day AC very accurately (tho it wouldn't be a good thing, imo).
    If they wanted to pull modern day creed game they should have done it with Desmond. The entire point of the modern day plotline starting with II was that Desmond could use the Animus to train himself in becoming a master assassin in weeks time instead of years of experience.
    And all of this effort for

AC1 is the only game where I TRULY felt like an Assassin and not a warrior.
    See, this is odd.
    Despite pointing out how the games in this franchise mostly encourages the player in behaving like a killing machine and not a lone blade in a crowd, your personal favorite of the franchise are the ones where you Are encouraged to fight endlessly, II and Black Flag, the latter of which is even less 'warrior' and more plundering pirate, haha.

Being a killing machine is basically the mantra that goes through all Ubisoft titles at the moment, and with its popularity i don't see it stopping any time soon, which as i've repeated already is quite a shame, because i really thought there was potential in the 'Assassin' part.

I'm not interested in Unity in the slightest compared to Rogue. But considering how i just recently finished Black Flag, i'll take a rest for a while before jumping in on Rogue.
    Luckily for me by the time i get interested again it'll be discount seasons, no doubt.

Such a shame you didn't finish the game, then. You would see how much more mature Altair became. In the beginning, he was even punished for what he did and later, when he redeemed, he kinda regret it. Altair was always questioning his orders, always thinking about better solution (even though he did as his master told him) and therefore revealed who was a true selfish betrayer. Don't forget that his victims are not innocent. The game also reminds you that Altair never killed civilians.
    Altair's character development through the game was kind of the whole point, shouldn't you put a huge spoiler tag on it? Haha.

But i agree, his evolution from being a shameless arrogant killer to one who upholds the Creed better than any of his successors ever did, and it was so much more interesting than Ezio's supposedly 'tragic' tale. Only in Revelations did Ezio evoked any sympathy from me, and mostly because he

Connor didn't had much luck, that was the gist of his tale and one that the game could have executed with more finesse.

And Edward Kenway was back to Ezio's prime years, except without the charm and practically no conscience, until the end, and even that was a bit of a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAmber View Post
    of course Conan Obriens review of Unity was awesome lol
    Nah, it was funny, but not as funny as his usual 'reviews'. In fact it felt forced with Unity, shorter than his usual episodes too. Looked too much like a marketing move.

The fact that his video was the 'first' review of the game that surfaced -the other reviews had an embargo to keep- wasn't a good omen to what followed either.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAmber View Post
    Would love to see an Ancient Greece theme!
    Actually any time period without firearms, or huge amount of guards on rooftops, should be great.
    Hi, i'm the one who makes Wall of Text Armadas in a unhinged regular fashion.
    If you remember me, best start taking your pills again.

Altair's character development through the game was kind of the whole point, shouldn't you put a huge spoiler tag on it? Haha.

But i agree, his evolution from being a shameless arrogant killer to one who upholds the Creed better than any of his successors ever did, and it was so much more interesting than Ezio's supposedly 'tragic' tale. Only in Revelations did Ezio evoked any sympathy from me, and mostly because he
    I did not reveal the plot. Besides, the game is from 2007, it's like putting a spoiler tag when talking about Friends series.

Revelations showed us that true Assassins, just like Altair, don't follow orders blindly. I liked Ezio from the start, but he had me at the end most, so I agree with what you said.

Talking about the development of a protagonist, don't you think how fast we saw how Altair became noble? It took Ezio 3 games to became like Altair and I think it's a shame we have only one game to play as Altair.

If they wanted to pull modern day creed game they should have done it with Desmond. The entire point of the modern day plotline starting with II was that Desmond could use the Animus to train himself in becoming a master assassin in weeks time instead of years of experience.
    And all of this effort for
    I agree. The death of SPOILER really did change the franchise and kinda ruined it's purpose but it was a result of fans complaining that Modern day felt out of place in the first place. Ubisoft could've handled it so much better, tho.
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast