Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Recent Game Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Thanks to WinterSoldier I got into the Alien franchise. Might as well dive into the Expanded Universe! Yesterday I got Aliens: CM. People are always so negative about this one, but I still wanna give it a chance. From what I've seen it's looks pretty darn cool. It's no Alien: Isolation, but it's as close as my budget can get right now!
    Let me know how it is. I've been heavily thinking of picking it up as well, but as you said there were so many negative things said about it when it came out. It does look very cool indeed.

I went on a nostalgia kick today and got "Wonderboy In Monster World" and "Toejam & Earl" off the PSN this morning. "Wonderboy" still kicks ass after all these years. Haven't played "TJ&E" yet, but I had loads of memories of me and my cousin playing it together when we were kids flood back in when I loaded it up to see if it worked and played around on the "Jam Out" section of the main menu. I did find a copy for my Genesis about 3-4 years ago and played it then, and it still held up. Don't see why that should've changed. Great games. Now if they'd only put "Landstalker" on the PSN...
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Let me know how it is. I've been heavily thinking of picking it up as well, but as you said there were so many negative things said about it when it came out. It does look very cool indeed.
    Sure. Unfortunately I only had time to play it for a few seconds so far. I enjoyed what I saw. People say it doesn't have the 'Alien feel'. I agree, it has the Aliens feel. The way they talk, the uniforms even the meter on the gun that says how many bullets you have left. I actually got to a point where I was in one small room with one alien, creepy.

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

Thanks to WinterSoldier I got into the Alien franchise. Might as well dive into the Expanded Universe!
    Make sure you get Aliens VS Predator then; you get to play as an Alien, Predator and a Marine in three interlinked stories (I imagine that it's quite similar to Colonial Marines, but I haven't played that one so can't say for sure)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    Make sure you get Aliens VS Predator then; you get to play as an Alien, Predator and a Marine in three interlinked stories (I imagine that it's quite similar to Colonial Marines, but I haven't played that one so can't say for sure)
    It's on the list. I saw it for €7 yesterday, but it was the 360 version. I want the PS3 version

However I did get this

That's a rental version of Cradle of Life. On the back of the box and on the disc it says 'For rental purposses'. Thought it would be cool to have since I have the rental VHS too. From the same videostore 'Videoland'.

And let us raise a glass to fleamarkets!

At first I wasn't sure whether this Tomb Raider was a bootleg or not. The print quality of the cover is like your usual DVD and the matterial is right too. The disc's colors don't seem right, but I've seen that before on older DVDs. The back is in English and features several eastern languages. Any opinions?

^ Fair enough @PS3 version and I love the look of that Tali figurine, and I'm not sure about the TR DVD, I'm yet to buy it (have it on VHS, but that's so 2000 ) but I will say, I've not seen the cover with the scary eyes at the top before...
    signature image

This is the version I already had:

(click image to enlarge)

can't find the 'creepy eyes' version anywhere...

Yeah, that's the version I have... Who do the creepy eyes even belong to!? *goes insane*
    signature image

They're Jolie's. I think from the moment where Lara hangs upside down on that rope.

Got lucky on a fleamarket ^^

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by AdeleDazeem; 30th Nov 2014 at 18:20.

I approve of the Tali figure.

Speaking of Mass Effect, I keep wanting to get the big, really expensive Mass Effect statues, but the Sovereign Reaper statue sold out EVERYWHERE, and the Liara T'Soni, Garrus Vakarian, and Tali' Zorah statues are sold out on the Bioware Store. The only "big" one still available is the Normandy SR-2. They sell out so fast due to how limited they are. Come on Bioware, don't make them so limited, don't you want my money!?
    signature image

I think they're awesome, but I prefer not to get statues. Besides the fact they are way too expensive they're very... breakable.

I think they're awesome, but I prefer not to get statues. Besides the fact they are way too expensive they're very... breakable.
    True, but I just display them. I get that statues aren't for everyone though. To each their own.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheZooBoy View Post
    True, but I just display them. I get that statues aren't for everyone though. To each their own.
    I have a few. 2 Sonic's in the showcase and a Jak on my desk. But I'm so afraid they're gonna get damaged. I even get sweat on my forehead when posing Play Arts figures, I don't like the scratchy sounds they make and I'm always scared of breaking them. Perhaps it's just me.

Looks like St. Nicholas came by!

(click image to enlarge)

Looks like St. Nicholas came by!

(click image to enlarge)
    I cracked up when I saw that Mario Cart plushie (plushie, right?). He looks so happy! After all these years of his hectic work schedule and having to fight Goomba's and Koopa's over and over and over, you'd think he'd be a crabby bitter old man by now. Nope, always smiling. Amazing.

What's that Storm Trooper figure you've got there?
    signature image

What's that Storm Trooper figure you've got there?
    It's a stressball shaped like a Stormtrooper. I put it on my bookshelf, but maybe I should put it next to my controller!

Indeed, always cheering! I did a little research in it seems it's based on Super Mario Kart and released in Japan. I wonder how it got all the way over here.

I have a few. 2 Sonic's in the showcase and a Jak on my desk. But I'm so afraid they're gonna get damaged. I even get sweat on my forehead when posing Play Arts figures, I don't like the scratchy sounds they make and I'm always scared of breaking them. Perhaps it's just me.
    Yeah, sometimes I get nervous as well. It's all part of being a collector, I guess. Well worth it in the end though!

Great Mario plushie and stormtrooper, by the way.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheZooBoy View Post
    YGreat Mario plushie and stormtrooper, by the way.
    Speaking of Stormtroopers... how about that collection of yers?

Got 'TR1 & 2' off of PSN this morning. Haven't played either one for awhile, and playing 'Anniversary' again put me in the mood. I've not fired them up yet so I don't know if the port over to PS3 has given them any new bugs or glitches, and, sadly, there seems to be no trophy set available for them.
    signature image

Got 'TR1 & 2' off of PSN this morning. Haven't played either one for awhile, and playing 'Anniversary' again put me in the mood. I've not fired them up yet so I don't know if the port over to PS3 has given them any new bugs or glitches, and, sadly, there seems to be no trophy set available for them.
    Nice! I'm in the same tomb raiding mood now I'm playing Osiris. I kinda wanna play Legend and Underworld again, but there's far to many games on my backlog right now. :/

Speaking of Stormtroopers... how about that collection of yers?
    Soon, soon, it's coming!
    signature image

Hey all I'm new! All the way up in Canada
    of course the newest game I got was Tomb Raider 2013 I bought it digitally because Xbox Live had it for $9.99 for Black Friday for gold members. Its my first involvement with Tomb Raider and I absolutely love the reboot! Also kinda biased cause I am a Camilla Luddington fan heheh...anyways beat it in a week! That's what unemployment will do to you lol...hoping to get a few more games this Christmas

You should get Tomb Raider Collection on 360 next! It included Anniversary, Legend and Underworld.

Please tell me you watch Grey's Anatomy. Luddington is a great addition to the new cast and Jo Wilson is now my favorite character!

Adele you are my new favorite person!! I love Greys Anatomy and Jo Wilson is definitely my fave character shes how I started following Camilla Luddington
    My boyfriend has the anniversary addition but I am wary of trying it cause im kinda iffy about the original Lara Croft, I turned the first movie off after 20 minutes, didn't like Angelina Jolie as Lara and not a fan of the look lol!

Anniversary as in just Anniversary? This is game is best in combination with Legend and Underworld. They're part of the same amazing trilogy. The order is Anniversary - Legend - Underworld (but that's not the order of release). Anniversary is kind of a re-imagining of Tomb Raider '96, but still in synch with the new Lara. I couldn't really fall for the TR games Core made, but each made by Crystal Dynamics is a master piece! If you can you should pick up Legend and Underworld as well and give them a try. They may not feature Luddington, but Lara is the Lara you want her to be!

It was kinda funny how I 'met' Luddington. I had already played TR'13 and watched lots of Grey's Anatomy (when Jo Wilson was already part of the cast). I was showing the TR'13 MoCap session to my grand father (who also watched Grey's). He suddenly says: ''She really looks like that lady from Grey's''. So I take a closes look at the screen and think ''Wait a minute, you're right!''. Luddington is incredibly good at hiding her accent!

I think my most recent purchases were Bastion and the Lego Marvel game back during the Steam Summer Sale. I finished the Lego game recently - full of giggles with a plot twist. :P

signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast