Thread: Open console & NoHUD??

Open console & NoHUD??

Open console & NoHUD??

Hey guys, I just got Thief (2014), and I can't seem to find how to modify settings to fit my needs.

1) How do I enable console (~)? I'd like to be able to just open console while ingame and be able to input console commands. I saw that Thief ran on Unreal Engine 3 which means this should be possible..?

2) How can I bind a key to toggle my HUD on and off? I'm a fan of taking screenshots while playing games, and I'm usually able to go into a config file and create a keybind there, but it doesn't seem to be working for Thief..

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Originally Posted by iczyg42
    Hey guys, I just got Thief (2014), and I can't seem to find how to modify settings to fit my needs.
    Only the menu options exist for this.

1) How do I enable console (~)? I'd like to be able to just open console while ingame and be able to input console commands. I saw that Thief ran on Unreal Engine 3 which means this should be possible..?
    From what we've seen, the console has been either disabled or removed from the release version of the game.

2) How can I bind a key to toggle my HUD on and off? I'm a fan of taking screenshots while playing games, and I'm usually able to go into a config file and create a keybind there, but it doesn't seem to be working for Thief..
    Thief was not designed with modders in mind. It is locked down ever more than Deadly Shadows was. You might be able to hack something in if you unpack some of the files, but it's a lot of work for little gain.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Well, that's really disappointing. I just had an amazing time playing Dishonored, where I bound the command to toggle HUD to a mouse thumb button -- could easily tap it and capture any scene without all the clutter at the drop of a hat...while still easily keeping objective markers and such for gameplay purposes.

Really just disappointing when developers take the route where they push a product in the consumer's face and says "Here, take it as is, no personal improvements allowed."