Thread: stuck on loading screen

stuck on loading screen

stuck on loading screen

I recently purchased the digital copy of Thief on Xbox One. I was playing through the story and got to the end of chapter 6 when the main character jumped into the running water to escape. After the cut scene, the game went to the loading screen, and the loading bar never went past half-way; however, the hints that display on the screen while the game is loading kept changing (I don't know if that's useful information or not). Every time I tried to open that save file, the same problem occurred and I could not continue playing the game.

I then uninstalled the game, re-installed it, and decided to play through a new save file hoping that it was just a one time thing. When I got to the cut scene at the end of chapter 6 the second time, the same problem occurred. I love the game, but I don't want to have to play through the whole thing again just to try and get past the loading problem after chapter 6!

Is there anybody else having the same issue?

I'm having the same problem almost, except it's happening when I try to get into the barons mansion on chapter 6 it'll freeze. If I reload the checkpoint I get what your getting. Loading screen with the bar only reaching half way, but the hints keep cycling

Edit: I'm also digi download on x1

I emailed support again, and no response at all this time. It's a shame the customer service is so poor with a potentially awesome game. Hopefully others are having better luck with the the chapter 6 loading screen problem!

At this point they should file all the legal work in order to open source the Thief 2014 engine to the community. Let us fix it ourselves.