Thread: 5V5 incoming?

5V5 incoming?

5V5 incoming?

I'm beginning to think 5v5 is approaching soon. When I get dropped and try to find a match I frequently get greeted with the game trying to find me a 5v5 game. This sometimes also happens when my level gets accidentally reset and I try to join New Recruits (I sometimes also get into New Recruits but that's a different matter). I also feel like this may be the cause of the 5v3 issues, as it would tolerate having 5 players on a team while Seige and TDM shouldn't. Any word from Psyonix about this?
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

5v5 is already integrated into the game. The devs have stated in the past that they play 5v5 games for testing. Its not pushed to the live servers though.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

I just have this sense like 4v4 should be the max for a simple Deathmatch. The more people you add to the game, the bigger advantage the ranged team will have. You need an objective based mode that encourages players to split up more for bigger games to be balanced i think.

I agree with Connatic, in 5v5 humans (especially well coordinated teams) will be able to burst down vamps (faster than in 4v4) before they get to them.
    That would make more offensive loadouts like Enrage Tyrants and Haste Reavers nearly unplayable.

Aye. None of the vampire classes are equipped to take that much punishment, even defensive loadouts like ignore pain/evade will get chewed up.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

5v5 would definitely make the game more exciting and more fun but at the same time make ppl rage quit like no tomorrow. I think 5v5 should be a mode with other objective different than DM, or maybe only playable with a specific sets of maps to make the area bigger and less camp-able. I really would like to give it a try because 5v5 will really require good team communication and teamwork.

Originally Posted by shootzz
    5v5 would definitely make the game more exciting and more fun but at the same time make ppl rage quit like no tomorrow. I think 5v5 should be a mode with other objective different than DM, or maybe only playable with a specific sets of maps to make the area bigger and less camp-able. I really would like to give it a try because 5v5 will really require good team communication and teamwork.
    Could work in a game mode were you have to protect ___ player. When X player dies your team gets a point, the rest are just gaurds. When X player dies after 10 seconds a different player then before that has the MOST hp is the new person to protect. I saw most HP because I hate when other games do this and I become the person you have to protect to only die a second later because I am at low health. The player you need to protect does Not show up with a indicator unless you can actually see them. They would have a icon above their heads, but you have to be able to see them so if they want to hide they can. You should be able to still find them since they'll most likely be by their allies. This would also cause some interesting gameplay, where normally you see the 4 vampires hunting the 4 humans. It would make the humans have to go off and try to hunt the vampires as well. Each team would need to decide how many to send out to attack and how many to gaurd.

Originally Posted by Sir_Striped
    Could work in a game mode were you have to protect ___ player. When X player dies your team gets a point, the rest are just gaurds. When X player dies after 10 seconds a different player then before that has the MOST hp is the new person to protect. I saw most HP because I hate when other games do this and I become the person you have to protect to only die a second later because I am at low health. The player you need to protect does Not show up with a indicator unless you can actually see them. They would have a icon above their heads, but you have to be able to see them so if they want to hide they can. You should be able to still find them since they'll most likely be by their allies. This would also cause some interesting gameplay, where normally you see the 4 vampires hunting the 4 humans. It would make the humans have to go off and try to hunt the vampires as well. Each team would need to decide how many to send out to attack and how many to gaurd.
    I really like this idea!

Might be a good use for echo to find those smart hiding single humans

I have seen a game start off with 5 Humans in one team.
    We all ran around for a bit and then said WTF! in chat then it was back to 4v4!

It showed 5 on the team list 5 on the score board. We all looked around at each other wondering what had just happened especially as there was only 8 in the lobby!

what im noticing more and more from the game so far is the humans have machine guns and bombs, while all the vamps have to get in close, but the previous games set in the Nosgoth universe had ways to sneak up on or down right teleport or become invisible and perform vicious sneak attacks that could kill some enemies in one go. where is the devastating sneak attack? if it is supposed to be pounce, then im sorry that is a pretty weak sneak attack. it makes loads of noise to even activate, you fly across like a toad toward an enemy(hopefully from behind) and proceed to flail your arms around like a special Olympian who had his juice box stolen and when all that is over the guy still isnt dead, sometimes not even half health.
    where is the vampiric ability to stun a victim and feed on them until death?

Originally Posted by Myxilthrex
    what im noticing more and more from the game so far is the humans have machine guns and bombs, while all the vamps have to get in close, but the previous games set in the Nosgoth universe had ways to sneak up on or down right teleport or become invisible and perform vicious sneak attacks that could kill some enemies in one go. where is the devastating sneak attack? if it is supposed to be pounce, then im sorry that is a pretty weak sneak attack. it makes loads of noise to even activate, you fly across like a toad toward an enemy(hopefully from behind) and proceed to flail your arms around like a special Olympian who had his juice box stolen and when all that is over the guy still isnt dead, sometimes not even half health.
    where is the vampiric ability to stun a victim and feed on them until death?
    1) Welcome to the forums

2) What has your post to do with the thread you posted it in?

3) Since I saw you posting in the key thread, I wonder if you even tried the game already. How about you do that first and get a feeling for game mechanics. You wouldnt want to be instagibbed when playing human, would you?