View Poll Results: Should Sam return as a character in TR10?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, kill her off already!

    24 44.44%
  • Yes, but as a supporting cast member only.

    18 33.33%
  • Yes, and make her a playable character.

    5 9.26%
  • No opinion / don't care.

    6 11.11%
  • No, but dont kill her off. Flashbacks without a role in the game / apearences in the comics is fine.

    1 1.85%
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 379

Thread: GROS - Get Rid Of Sam

  1. #1

    Cool GROS - Get Rid Of Sam

    Thanks for the help Driber in making this Poll


    (click image to enlarge)

    If you dislike Sam and want to see her killed off like me, post your own death image. For FUN. No hate, please.

    Rules:

    Please no shipping in this thread. Go here for that

    Now i havent read any of the Comics and ive been keeping an Eye on another Topic about the Comics of TR, so why does it feel that Sam is the Center Point that will be in ROTTR by allot as if its Zip and Alister all over again, because so far all i hear is Sam this and Sam that witch is getting on my nerves.

    I mean what about Jonah and Reyes, are they yesterdays news or something in witch i dont really care about them, but come on.

    I fear Sam will be the Center Point in ROTTR with her needing Saving again where Lara will be all Hero like dragging her around.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, UK
    Posts
    6,475
    Wooooooww....
    signature image

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,050
    I wouldn't mind her as a supporting character, for continuity's sake... Whether she will be killed of in this game or the next, we'll see
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    I'm pretty much done with Sam at this point, too, heh. But as much I enjoyed the bit of fun we had in that "if Sam dies, we riot" thread, going this whole "let's post death pics" route is going a bit too far, even for me, sooooo.... yeah..... good luck with this thread, daventry. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    Thanks for the help Driber in making this Poll
    Glad I could help you starting a thread with a neutral sounding poll for a change

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    748
    Where is the "as main cast" option?

    Anyway, I have found a nice picture of Sam dead.

    Lara is lying in bed, imagining her love that died last night. Or maybe it is her ghost who will be with Lara forever and ever.


  6. #6

    Smile

    I will try to be Nice Driber and Ellie92 please keep that in the Shipping Thread, lets not start... well that.

  7. #7
    I don't necessarily want her killed off but I don't want her being part of the story either. Especially after the corny rehash in the comics. Lara should be Raiding Tombs alone, not "inseparable" with some side kick BFF whom they still can't make very interesting.

    The first game was about Lara saving a friend and that was alright but enough of that high school soap opera BFF stuff already.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624
    I really don't care but I don't think a character needs to die in order to not appear in future instalments.

    (click image to enlarge)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    Now i havent read any of the Comics and ive been keeping an Eye on another Topic about the Comics of TR, so why does it feel that Sam is the Center Point that will be in ROTTR by allot as if its Zip and Alister all over again, because so far all i hear is Sam this and Sam that witch is getting on my nerves.
    I disagree about the Zip and Allister part; they were always supportive characters in a story that was centered solely around Lara. But I can see very clearly were you are coming from with the Sam thing getting on your nerves.

    I believe that this due to the thing that I have been warning about forever here (but nobody seemed to care about) : Lara is too iconic for her own good: they won't give her a real character out of fear that there would be too many people not liking the perticular direction they would take with her. Ergo: the unestablished supportive character (Sam) who does have room to grow as a character takes over the story and the burden of character development and story arc falls on her.

    Killing Sam wouldn't fix that problem: another side character would simply take over that role. What needs to be done I think is that the Crystal D and Square Enix overlords should give the writing team more liberty in developing Lara's character and let them make a story that centers around her: this may lead to angry protesters screaming things like 'this is not the Lara I have known!' like back in 2006 during Legend, but in the long run I do believe that this would be better.

    As for Sam: no I don't want her to be killed, that would be like a slap in the face after going through everything to safe her in TR9, just have her be a side character with a smaller role compared to TR9...

  10. #10

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    I disagree about the Zip and Allister part; they were always supportive characters in a story that was centered solely around Lara.
    Im not even going to Respond as to how Rediculas that statement is, why would Lara need an Assistant like Alister to help her Tomb Raiding when Lara is one herself and knows all the research herself.

    The point of Zip was Only Needed for that one Russian Level, so why do Lara need Comical Characters to Entertain herself throughout TRL/TRU

    Do we really need Sidekicks in a Game, why cant we be ourselves and play the Game we paid for.

    Im the Sidekick behind the Control and that is my Character im playing with.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, UK
    Posts
    6,475
    She needs assistants to progress the story, simple as that
    signature image

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    Im not even going to Respond as to how Rediculas that statement is, why would Lara need an Assistant like Alister to help her Tomb Raiding when Lara is one herself and knows all the research herself.

    You just responded.

    It's not a ridiculous statement. It's Jurre's opinion and they've a right to it. I agree with them completely; Zip and Alister were supporting characters. Whether or not they were necessary is up to individual determination.

    (click image to enlarge)

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    Im not even going to Respond as to how Rediculas that statement is, why would Lara need an Assistant like Alister to help her Tomb Raiding when Lara is one herself and knows all the research herself.
    Good grief, what is your problem? First: change that messed up attitude of yours. Second: learn to read properly: I very clearly stated that Z&L were supportive characters, contrary to your statement that they were the center point of the story. The necessity of supportive characters was not the subject of the discussion.

    And unless the next thing that comes out of your mouth is an apology I think this conversation is over.

  14. #14

    Smile

    I do Apologize Jurre i dident mean to Offend, but Lara Croft Dont need supportive Characters
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post

    You just responded.

    It's not a ridiculous statement. It's Jurre's opinion and they've a right to it. I agree with them completely; Zip and Alister were supporting characters. Whether or not they were necessary is up to individual determination.
    The other day you said you were going to do some Gaming thing in witch Congrats, but do i need to Assist you in anything, i mean can you handle yourself in a Job or do i need to help you with something. Im just trying to be Supportive here.

    Thats been the Argue Point about Zip and Alister, so why would you need Help from someone when you Already know how to do your Job.

    The same with Sam, why does she need to be around to Entertain us or be a Damsel in Distress Again just so she can be around to please everyone.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In a bubble outside the universe
    Posts
    5,137
    Where's the 'No, but she doesn't have to die' option?

    I'll go with the only No option though as I do have an opinion and do care to express it, and it's the only option left for me.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    I do Apologize Jurre i dident mean to Offend, but Lara Croft Dont need supportive Characters
    Wow... did not expect that... Very well, thou art forgiven.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    Thats been the Argue Point about Zip and Alister, so why would you need Help from someone when you Already know how to do your Job.

    The same with Sam, why does she need to be around to Entertain us or be a Damsel in Distress Again just so she can be around to please everyone.
    Of course Lara didn't NEED them, she could've done it herself, but she chose to hire others so she could do more with her time. Zip helped Lara with researching people and technical stuff, and Alister did the book work.

    She's there because she's a plot device. Lara needed a reason to truck all over the island, she needed more of a cause than "~I've got to get off this island~" and CD chose Sam to be that reason. It's all really not as complicated as you make it, idk why these things are such a hard concept to grasp.
    signature image

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,050
    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    Im not even going to Respond as to how Rediculas that statement is, why would Lara need an Assistant like Alister to help her Tomb Raiding when Lara is one herself and knows all the research herself
    The problem is that your statement is ridiculous. She doesn't need an assistant in Tomb Raiding, did you ever see Alistair or Zip alongside Lara in Legend and Underworld? No, they were always at the mansion, finding information on another location while Lara's doing her stuff elsewhere. That's some time-management, if you ask me, and Lara is smart for having assistants. But noooo, asking for help or having someone to help you is for weaklings... And Lara isn't the only archeologist in the world, you know.

    And I think it's a fact (correct me if I'm wrong) that most good stories need to have multiple characters in order to be, you know, good... That's where side-character come in place, they're not the center of the story, but help fill in the blanks.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

  19. #19

    Smile

    It seems the Core Games were Poor Games without Assistants or Side-Kicks to fill in the blanks, thus why are Crystal Wasting their time in making TR Games. Oh wait, to Entertain us because we're Bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by 220_Volts View Post
    She's there because she's a plot device. Lara needed a reason to truck all over the island, she needed more of a cause than "~I've got to get off this island~" and CD chose Sam to be that reason. It's all really not as complicated as you make it, idk why these things are such a hard concept to grasp.
    True she was a reason for the Island, but Why did Sam not just DIE there, why Save her, what Purpose does she bring to ROTTR

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Where's the 'No, but she doesn't have to die' option?

    I'll go with the only No option though as I do have an opinion and do care to express it, and it's the only option left for me.
    Same here! I don't give a damn about Sam so if she dies great, if she disappears into oblivion never to be heard of again, fine by me! I just don't care enough about her to want her back. She was more a plot device than a character and she continues to be so in the comics so just get rid of her...

    EDIT: Apparently she's also a plot device in the novel... I'm really getting tired of Sam...
    signature image

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,624
    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    The other day you said you were going to do some Gaming thing in witch Congrats, but do i need to Assist you in anything, i mean can you handle yourself in a Job or do i need to help you with something. Im just trying to be Supportive here.
    I'm sorry, what?

    (click image to enlarge)

  22. #22

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,050
    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    It seems the Core Games were Poor Games without Assistants or Side-Kicks to fill in the blanks, thus why are Crystal Wasting their time in making TR Games.
    Hmm, let's see, Core games had Kurtis (who people loved), Wernen von Croy (who was a plot device), multiple side-villains with the main villain (Pierre, Larson with Natla). Even the goddamn Winston was in every game, and people love him and want him back, it's the same thing, man, you're making me sad

    Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    True she was a reason for the Island, but Why did Sam not just DIE there, why Save her, what Purpose does she bring to ROTTR

    Well, that's a 1,000,000$ question right there, guess we'll just have to play the game and see? And, while this reboot was dark and gritty, after all the things Lara went through to save her, why would she just die? I mean, yeah, maybe it would damage Lara even more, which would have devastating consequences here on the forums (like, people complaining that Lara's weak because she's crying over the death of her friend, or even that the game sucks because they played the whole game for nothing, Sam just died), so no, thank you. Enough people died in that game...
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, UK
    Posts
    6,475
    We don't even know that Sam will be in Rise - I still believe she'll kick the bucket in the comics. CD also said, the reason they diced to keep Sam alive at the end was so it felt like you accomplished something, i.e. not saving her 30 times just to have her die
    signature image

  25. #25

    Smile

    If Sam Dies in the Comics and wont make an appearance in ROTTR, then i will throw a Party like you wont believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Hmm, let's see, Core games had Kurtis (who people loved), Wernen von Croy (who was a plot device), multiple side-villains with the main villain (Pierre, Larson with Natla). Even the goddamn Winston was in every game, and people love him and want him back, it's the same thing, man, you're making me sad
    Awesome Villains and Friends that had good back stories and werent Comical or Annoying in anyway. Ok except for Zip in TRC

    In Truth, im Sick of Natla already, even now on TRF theres talk about Returning Villains and guess who'se First on the List. NATLA.

    Would so want a AOD Remake with Kurtis right now.

    You know what i find strange about this whole Sam situation, is the fact that Nobody talks about or cares about Reyes and Jonah. Its as if Sam is the Vocal Point in the Industry as if Crystal and in the Comics People want her Desperately to be the Second Lara in Future TR Games.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •