Thread: Thief 4 PC Jump issue.

Thief 4 PC Jump issue.

Thief 4 PC Jump issue.

In the early scene, i leave the room with the birds, climb the rope and follow Erin accross the rooftops. For some reason I can't complete the second jump, no matter what I try.

Anyone know what to do, or how to fix the problem?

You have to fire a rope arrow that you just picked up at the beam above, then climb up it. Follow the on screen prompts.

I can climb the rope with no problem. Its when I come to the second jump, i cant do it for some reason. I don't get any hints like space etc, and cant get past this point.I don't get any prompts to help either.

I give up, another game I've wasted money on.

A bit disappointing as I liked the last three thief games, I just cant get past this point and the games only just started.

Originally Posted by iwlp1964
    I can climb the rope with no problem. Its when I come to the second jump, i cant do it for some reason. I don't get any hints like space etc, and cant get past this point.I don't get any prompts to help either.

I give up, another game I've wasted money on.

A bit disappointing as I liked the last three thief games, I just cant get past this point and the games only just started.
    You have to press LT on the xbox pad or whatever your jump button is as you look towards erins back.

Pressing jump button on keyboard doesn't work.

Pressing jump button on keyboard doesn't work.
    Have you pulled yourself high enough up the rope so you can see Erins back?

I climbed the rope about 20 times, at no time do i automatically follow Erin, no matter what I do. I push the jump button and nothing happens. Obviously the PC version of this game sucks.

I climbed the rope about 20 times, at no time do i automatically follow Erin, no matter what I do. I push the jump button and nothing happens. Obviously the PC version of this game sucks.
    That's odd. Can you use a control pad or something else for now just to get past this bit? It's the sprint button you need to press, not the jump button. My mistake.