Thread: Update regarding recent save game issues

Update regarding recent save game issues

Originally Posted by Sanguinarus
    Okay so I'm playing on the xbox one and We had found a "soft" fix online that worked the one night. The fix that we found was to take the cd out, turn off console, set it to april 10th , then turn off wireless. I was able to get past the beginning of chapter 5 in the asylum and got to the clock tower so my save says " 4/10/2014 22:47:32 I try to get out of the clock tower and it still starts me at the bottom of the clock tower.
    My save should have been from 4/1/2014 (thats the date we changed the settings)
    when do you think it will be back up.
    The issue was related to save games originally on the 30/31st of March, these would be cleared 72 hours later , so all 30th March definitely all sorted, and 31st March would be clearing throughout today as the day went on.

Without knowing exact time/date of the original save game would be hard to estimate when will be clear for you.. where you based? UK? US?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

US , eastern time. And the game says 4/10/2014 because we set it for 4/10 in the xbox settings. The actual date was 4/1/2014 at 22:47 eastern time

No.It's almost 2 here. Thanks for the quick reply and for your help in the matter! I'll try it again tonight and let you know if it worked.

I play on PC and my last save was a QuickSave in The City with 7800 gold from March 31th at 7:40pm. Haven't played since then so I don't know if I could see the looping issue. Today (April 3th) at 8:10pm I installed the latest patch and clicked Continue. The game loaded with 7800 gold in The City. I replayed Ector's Client Job 3 - Heartbroken and got 8000 gold. Saved in The City from the menu and quit the game. Immediately after that I started the game again and clicked Continue - I was in The City with 8000 gold. Does that mean that the issue is gone? Or should I be in mission for the issue to appear?

Originally Posted by pwyll
    I play on PC and my last save was a QuickSave in The City with 7800 gold from March 31th at 7:40pm. Haven't played since then so I don't know if I could see the looping issue. Today (April 3th) at 8:10pm I installed the latest patch and clicked Continue. The game loaded with 7800 gold in The City. I replayed Ector's Client Job 3 - Heartbroken and got 8000 gold. Saved in The City from the menu and quit the game. Immediately after that I started the game again and clicked Continue - I was in The City with 8000 gold. Does that mean that the issue is gone? Or should I be in mission for the issue to appear?
    seems you are in clear

I'm seeing more people saying it works fine after waiting for exactly 72 hours since the last save they made. It's too bad I still have like 9 more hours to go.

I am still having the problem. No matter what I do it starts me back to the beginning of the save the lady from prison mission. I have beat it 4 times and it goes back to the beginning. If I go back to the city and try starting a different mission once it loads I am back at the prison. Very frustrating I am ready to use the game disk for target practice!

Originally Posted by tkazzee
    I am still having the problem. No matter what I do it starts me back to the beginning of the save the lady from prison mission. I have beat it 4 times and it goes back to the beginning. If I go back to the city and try starting a different mission once it loads I am back at the prison. Very frustrating I am ready to use the game disk for target practice!
    Which platform? what was last time/date of save game thats looping?

Hi i was playing on xbox one my save is from the 31/3/2014 the time on the save is 23:55:25 it is on chapter 6~the city the clock tower. When i try to leave the clock tower to load the city it repeatedly loops me back to the clock tower and repeatedly says later that night. Can you tell me when it will be fixxed on xbox one please.

Originally Posted by Dempsey
    Hi i was playing on xbox one my save is from the 31/3/2014 the time on the save is 23:55:25 it is on chapter 6~the city the clock tower. When i try to leave the clock tower to load the city it repeatedly loops me back to the clock tower and repeatedly says later that night. Can you tell me when it will be fixxed on xbox one please.
    Hey there, by the look of the time/date stamp you should be okay after 2355 tonight.. dont know where you are based..

I am in the uk

Jay is right guys the issue fixed itself after 72 hours. We are going to play and finish the game tonight so if there is any issues I will let you guys know, while we finish Thief. For those of you that missed it this was my info.

Date March 31st
    Time 14H 14M 50S
    System Xbox 1
    Loop Chapter 4

I will update this if we get the loop in any client jobs tonight or chapters 5-8. I am just thanking god I do have have to follow that walkthrough and steal all the items in the city again that can become a job in itself.

Originally Posted by Dempsey
    I am in the uk
    so just over 90 mins then for you it seems

Originally Posted by TheBringerOfDearh
    Jay is right guys the issue fixed itself after 72 hours. We are going to play and finish the game tonight so if there is any issues I will let you guys know, while we finish Thief. For those of you that missed it this was my info.

Date March 31st
    Time 14H 14M 50S
    System Xbox 1
    Loop Chapter 4

I will update this if we get the loop in any client jobs tonight or chapters 5-8. I am just thanking god I do have have to follow that walkthrough and steal all the items in the city again that can become a job in itself.
    Glad to hear it

Question Okay Boysss

So I have the Xbox one, I love it. Not its a piece of s**t so 500 dollars and i cant take off my kinect without taking off the internet, I can't change the date, and i cant go into my hard drive besides the point.
    So your saying since my last save was 03/31/2014 22:41:14 i have to wait til this date for it to work 04/3/2014 22:41:14
    Oh and if i change my time zone to the date up there will that work instead of waiting 6 hours

Here is something funny for all the players to think about. We only had to wait 3 days for Eidos to figure out the "save looping" issue for Thief.

Although not a game from this company Duke Nukem Forever we waited 15 years for and it was beyond horrable when it came out for 360 and PS3. Oh wait I guess that means we are still waiting so things could be much worse here. Guess very deep down I am still angry about that dumb game!

waiting until the same time stamp as my last save fixed this. Thanks for the help.

Got my game back! It's been exactly 72 hours after my original save.

Thanks for the info, Jay. Just knowing that there was a fix and having a light at the end of the tunnel made the wait somewhat bearable.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Thanks for being patient – we’re coming back to you after much overnight work and the good news is that we’ve identified the problem and we can fix it quickly.

Basically, it’s an issue with the mathematical calculations of time-stamps from March 30th – April 2nd, which meant systems didn’t recognise the most recent time-stamp and instead took the previous time-stamp save (re-starting the level). So if you saved your game on March 30th, you may have experienced a disruption yesterday on April 1st and if you saved your game on March 31st, you may have experienced disruption yesterday April 1st and today April 2nd.

After today the calculations are accurate and there should be no other issues. We are working on a patch to ensure this doesn’t happen next year with these March/April calculations.

Also, your saved games should not be corrupted, and after today April 2nd, no one should experience this. Note: it is possible that you may need to restart the chapter you were on, but progress will then be saved as normal.

Obviously we will keep monitoring the forums for any updates from you, we’re reading what’s being posted here and once again we are very sorry for any disruption to your game.
    This is not a fix for me. I am locked in the clock tower. I have three options to attempt to leave,

1. load last checkpoint, in this case inside the clock tower just before the mission to meet Basso in the black alley. Selecting this option sends me back to the clock tower. This option is date stamped with 4/3/13.
    2. manual save inside the clock tower just before the enter mission icon. Selecting this does bring me back to the same location inside the clock tower. The manual save is also time stamped with 4/3/13.
    3. selecting the mission by pressing x within the game. This option brings me right back to the start of the clock tower.

My platform is xbox one.

Please get back to me on what I can do to troubleshoot beyond here. Nothing has worked for me thus far.

-Mike

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Fingers crossed.. i am 5 hours ahead, so i will probably at home then but will be online checking

You are in Sweden? so again in just over 6 hours would suspect your saves will continue to work normally

So if its GMT thats just under 5 hours from now, or possibly +/- 1 hour as we're now BST so that COULD be 4:58pm its fine or 6:58pm its fine.

My game is back in action after the magical 72 hours.. Thanks for the help!

I am having the exact same issue as Mike/Daedelus55, except my only available save is in the clock tower. I have tried multiple of the solutions mentioned above, but I still can't escape the clock tower.

I just completed the quest and am in the bar so I'm not stuck. But did I lose chap 1 to 3 saves? I only have two both in chapter 4, that normal?

What happens when you cannot restart your mission because it is saved at the beginning of one and it is now April 4th and I'm still stuck in the loop?

my last save has been on the 31st at 8:17pm ..... it should work again?

Originally Posted by ughlyducklin
    my last save has been on the 31st at 8:17pm ..... it should work again?
    According to multiple reports in this thread, yes. For some reason, it needs to be exactly 72 hours.

Problem persists

jaycw2309 (Inside Man/Eidos Official) wrote:

"After today [April 2] the calculations are accurate and there should be no other issues...Also, your saved games should not be corrupted, and after today April 2nd, no one should experience this. Note: it is possible that you may need to restart the chapter you were on, but progress will then be saved as normal. Obviously we will keep monitoring the forums for any updates from you, we’re reading what’s being posted here and once again we are very sorry for any disruption to your game."

Dear jaycw2309,

I trust you are still monitoring this forum as the problem still persists today (April 3). I am playing Thief on the X-Box One. The only resolution I have found is to disable the Internet connection, reboot the system, set the date a week in advance and then one can advance in the game. However, if an Internet connection is re-established, the system obtains the correct date from Microsoft's servers and the save game problem starts again. I have tested this multiple times today and the problem is not resolved. Can you please provide more information as to what Eidos is doing in this regard and provide some estimate of when users can expect some resolution.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Arphaxad
    jaycw2309 (Inside Man/Eidos Official) wrote:

"After today [April 2] the calculations are accurate and there should be no other issues...Also, your saved games should not be corrupted, and after today April 2nd, no one should experience this. Note: it is possible that you may need to restart the chapter you were on, but progress will then be saved as normal. Obviously we will keep monitoring the forums for any updates from you, we’re reading what’s being posted here and once again we are very sorry for any disruption to your game."

Dear jaycw2309,

I trust you are still monitoring this forum as the problem still persists today (April 3). I am playing Thief on the X-Box One. The only resolution I have found is to disable the Internet connection, reboot the system, set the date a week in advance and then one can advance in the game. However, if an Internet connection is re-established, the system obtains the correct date from Microsoft's servers and the save game problem starts again. I have tested this multiple times today and the problem is not resolved. Can you please provide more information as to what Eidos is doing in this regard and provide some estimate of when users can expect some resolution.

Thank you.
    Am in UK so it 634am here on the 4th now. Where are you based? Am going to guess west coast america or something that way on the timezone system. What time was you last working save on the 31st. Again going to guess quite late. Once that time has passed the 72 hour period will have elapsed and it should all be fine.

Let me know.

Page 5 of 7 First First 1234567 Last