Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Thread: Square Enix is aware of the game-save looping problem

Square Enix is aware of the game-save looping problem

Xbox One Thief Problem Loading Chapters

where the hell is the xbox forums for the game???
    I do google searches and nothing comes up at all errors with the game or what not.. only idiots complaining that it isn't that good WHO CARES!!

I'm stuck on chapter 2 the gate you go thru to start chapter 2 DUST TO DUST
    it seems like it is stuck in a loop reloads right in front of the gate again turn around and its the same flipping area...

The patch I have not downloaded because its a whopping 6GIG update.. no thanks my internet has only got 15 gig download limit I don't have unlimited data..

So I am thinking about getting my money back and getting the damn game on PS3 or XBOX 360 dunno why I even bought an xbox.. this download bull annoys the crap out of me

Hmmm

Still No Comment?..... surely other people are having this issue as well?? unless theres another forum for this game that I don't know about...

and I still cant find anything on the damn internet about the patch that you need to download

is the patch that size for PS3 Xbox 360 and PC as well?

I'm Not Impressed

don't reboot an old game if you cant help people in the forums.. get it together eidos

I'm having the same problem on xbox 360. I get to the end of the area in which i'm supposed to get to the clocktower, the area ends with a report of my progress, and then it starts the chapter over again with Garrett in the back of the cart. Not sure what to do.

Have you updated the game on Xbox 360? What's the size of the update?

Where do you get the xbox 360 update?

It automatically downloads when your xbox is connected to the net

Thumbs Down Keeps bumping me back to beginning of level :mad2:

I am having the same issue on the 360. But we don't have the unit attached to it to have it connected to the wifi.

I get to the clock tower and then complete it. Tells me it's saving and loading, then starts me all the way back to where I am in the wagon. It's happen now 3 times. I'm done. It's mine and my bf's game, but I'm like F*** it. We paid $64 cdn for it plus taxes and I find it a waste of money now. It happened to him at the very beginning when Erin and Garrett fell through the glas, but that was it. With me though, on my saved game, it's happened 3 times in the same spot. It's pi$$ing me off to no extent. Get you * together eidos!!!!!

Help

I have thief for the xbox one and just when I was about to leave the area when you meet basso in black alley it reloaded my safe from when I met him in the tavern. Then I went to the clock tower to restock on supplies and it is stuck on when I first completed the ring mission. Whenever I try to leave the tower it just reloaded the clock tower. What do I do????? I haven't downloaded the update because it's 6gb.

Thumbs Up

I just wanted to give you all a heads up. I found out from my bf last night that when he deleted his saved info and started over again, the issue of him being bounced back to the beginning of that mission stopped. He's now MUCH further than me in the game.

I'm going to delete my saved game, and start over. I'll keep you all posted to see what happens. Hopefully this fixes the issue.

made up to ch 4

I had same problem on Xbox one. I could not make it past opening prologue reset me back to beginning about 5 times and decided to start new game made it part way thru chapter one then went into clock tower and game would keep looping every time I tried to leave. started third game and everything was going great until I just tried to start chapter 4 and guess what happens? I get sent to beginning chapter 1 in wagon. if I find a fix I will let know. Even though it does take you back it gives you option to return to town and when you do you are at sent to last saved game before reset . that is only good point. so I am going to try few things. good luck all. Great news I went and deleted the two older game slots I started before starting the third slot and it let me start chapter 4.

hello,

for everyone who have the clocktower loop problem:

check your system date and time from your XBox. If you don't have an internet connection and if you turn off the XBox complete without standby the system settings will be resetted. Set the actually time and date and try again. Sorry for my bad english. Hope i could help.

Clocktower bug

After Chapter 4, I continuously sstart back at the clock tower. Am not able to go to Sronemarket.

Playing onPC.

PPlease help!

Thief will not read most recent save game

Nevermind, the game just overwrote my auto save slot somehow and three days of progress. Good bye.

Game stuck in loop in the drop

So i got thief today on steam and when i reached the rooftop where the girl (can't remember her name) dropped down from the window, and the cinematic is over the game just reloads itself and places me at the beginning of the game. And this has happened to me 4-5 times now and i can't figure out why the just reloads itself and places me at the beginning so i have to start fresh. Really irritating and frustrating since i can't figure put why this is happening.. Does anyone know what the Issue can be?

I have this clocktower bug to, after the 1st part, i go into the clocktower, go up the stairs, there is a window with a bright light on it saying enter some market, click on it then it reloads the clock tower down stairs. Go back up stairs and does it again grrrrrrrrrrrrrr whats happening.
    Playing pc to

Same here, on PC. Completed Chapter 1 (at the chapel), given the objective of going to the Foundry. Walked up to the gate, hit the Interact key, loading screen for the next Chapter is displayed but I'm loaded to the clock tower. The state of my inventory is that of the point in Chapter 1 when you first visit the clock tower and at the top of the stairs the same match-box cinematic plays and I'm given the objective of meeting Basso for the first time, which I've already done.

Really, really, really not cool. There are people all over the Steam forums with this also, and no clear solution. I'm hoping something can be done other than just replay the whole game because a) though I've only played 1 chapter I don't want to have to do it again, and b) other people have this problem after playing 4 chapters, and I'm ed if I'm going to replay half the game again.

Someone, somewhere should feel very ashamed about the state of this game.

XBOX ONE: LOOP CHAPTER GLITH

Hello,

I have a big issue, I can't continue playing Thif. I'm in chapter 6, and when I save or just continue in the game, appear the loading page, and once it finished, the chapter restart from the beginning. Please I need help, I’m stopped and I can’t continue. This loop never ends, I’ve tried many times, but nothing. I’ve tried to keep the Xbox one off from the mains for minutes, and playing without internet connections, but nothing, still doesn’t work :S

If someone knows how solve this problem, it will be nice if tell the procedure here.

Thanks!

URGENT! Stuck in clock-tower - affecting many, many people since April 1st

Many people, myself included, have found our games glitched and stuck in the clock tower since the date switched to 1st April (see Steam forums http://steamcommunity.com/app/239160...scn=1396312417 for more info.

Whenever the player tries to exit the clocktower, the clocktower simply reloads us back to the tower. Please, please fix. We can no longer play the game.

EDIT: not just Europe (thank-you himmatsj for posting that)

Note, I am from Malaysia. There is no going forward in my country. It appears this bug comes to surface on April 1 in each country. I was first to post about it as I am from Malaysia GMT+8.

That Steam thread is mine,, and I also posted here. http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142843

I too am having this problem.

I have completed 5 chapters and several client jobs. No kills, 100% loot and no detection. Now any save I produces, manual save, quick save or save via a cabinet, regardless of where I am in the city, they all bring me back to the start of the "Silence is Golden" job. I ran through that job without regard to stealth so I could complete it. Went back to the glowing orb to get me back into the main City hub and straight back to the start of "Silence is Golden".

All saves, regardless of where I was bring me back to the same point. I don't want to start a new game. Not Happy!

Chapter 6 does not exit to sewers but restarts

Hi I'm a newbie and I've had a search around to see if someone else has this problem but I cannot find it. So if you do apologies for posting again.

The problem is that I have finished all the objectives and got the stone and it exits to the cut scene of the General standing on Garrett's hand and plays that bit. Garrett escapes into the sewers. Then it loads and next thing I know I'm restarting Chapter 6 all over again.

I'm on the PC version. While Chapter 6 was good I would like to move on with the game!

Anyone experienced this or know how I can fix it?

Thanks

Hello,

I have the same problem, it's start when I make a manual save in a random place, when I go to any gates (Any chapter gate, Clocktower, other city sides...etc) it keeps relocate me to the saving point.
    I closed the game, then when I try to open it again, it's start from Heartbreak mission for Ector which I finish long time ago, when I finish it and head the door. The mission is successfully complete, Every time I hit the continue button and it keeps repeat the mission. I close the game, and try it today It's start from "Free Ysabella" and also when I finish the job it keeps repeating.

I lost a lot of coins, work and hours, then this happened.
    I'm really frustrated.

Could someone help please????

I'm having the exact same issue. I have wasted 4 hours on this rip-off...and I've searched everywhere online and in the forums. A lot of people are having this issue and yet no help from the developer. I am playing on Xbox one. Bought the game from the xbox one store so of course can't even trade it in. Big mistake. How about giving us some help devs???!?!?!?! Thief....perfect title for this game.

Need help with save game glitch

I am working my way through chapter 7 - the hidden city. When I get to the final fight, I am finding out that all of manual save games are not registering. All I can do is go back to the last checkpoint save at the beginning of the section and replay the entire area before entering the rotunda, losing maybe about 1 hour of gameplay each time. If I have to reload at any point, I have to go all the way back to the beginning of that section and start over again. None of my manual saves are registering ... what can I do to resolve this problem. Thanks!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last