Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Square Enix is aware of the game-save looping problem

Square Enix is aware of the game-save looping problem

I have the exact same problem as the op

Hector

There is a fix for PC users if you have Windows 7. Adjust the date to April 2, and make sure to uncheck the sync with internet box in the third tab of the clock / date menu. This should allow you to continue. For others, try setting your time ahead to tomorrow and disconnecting from the internet and see if it helps. I have confirmed this works for Windows 7 at the very least.

Just to chip in, I can confirm doesn't work with Windows 8.0. I will try doing it again, this time launching Steam in off-line mode.

Try disconnecting from the internet entirely. It might or might not help. I am happy I got mine fixed, but am sad so many others can't enjoy it, so I'm trying to spread the word for those that can fix the issue. :\

Tried it, and it didn't work for me.

Windows 7 64-bit

Any word on a fix for this? Got no replies here in the Eidos forums, and none from Square Enix. The Steam forums are filling up with the same complaint too.

I'm sorry it isn't working for you. That's the first I've heard it not working for Windows 7. Did you uncheck the sync box on the third tab in the Calendar / Clock menu?

Here are the EXACT steps I took to correct the issue:

1. Click on the Date / Time
    2. Click Change Date and Time Settings
    3. Change date to April 2
    4. Click Internet Time Tab
    5. Click Change Settings
    6. Uncheck the box there labeled "Synchronize with an Internet Time Server"
    7. Click Ok
    8. Load Save Game
    9. Wait a few seconds and try saving the game. It should now work.

Again, this only seems to work currently for Windows 7. I believe the internet is the reason this is happening, and if you can adjust the date / time and ensure the computer / console does not connect to the internet to update the time / date, it may help. Either that or hope they release an update patch or that tomorrow everything works again.

Yes, and it's still set on 2nd April even as I write this. There are quite a few others in the Steam forums also saying that fix doesn't work for them either.

Okay. It doesn't surprise me, but I know it did work for me. Just trying to help even some of the people.

I have updated the OP with all the latest information I have on this. I'm still waiting to see an official response from Eidos or from Game Informer (or other news site), which I did submit a news tip to shortly after midnight last night when I found the issue was widespread.

Sorry for the DP

Didn't work for me.

windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks bro for this

I really do think April 1 aka April Fools Day has Eidos freaked out. The game, their forums....it is too much a coincidence.

If this was internal sabotage, what kind of repercussions can we expect?

Thanks for trying, TornPr1nc3 - it's more than Eidos have done so far.

Originally Posted by himmatsj
    I really do think April 1 aka April Fools Day has Eidos freaked out. The game, their forums....it is too much a coincidence.

If this was internal sabotage, what kind of repercussions can we expect?
    I read that the "spammer / 999999 post" thing IS an April Fool's joke and they did it last year by turning all the users to "moderators" for the day. The funny thing is the joke's on everyone, because the game isn't working for most people.

@TAT No problem. I think I'm done now though until I either see something from a gaming site or Eidos / SE themselves. Not much else I can help with now.

It seems internet time is not an issue. Someone on the Steam forums got this to work on W8 just by changing system time.

I just got the same looping problem - driving me nuts!!!! Come on tech guys - sort it out!!

Change to 8th! Seems like that fixes the issue for EVERYONE!

I've now got this to work in Windows 7 by changing the date to next week (8th April). i didn't do anything else. I was able to move out of the Clocktower, save and load just fine.

But as soon as the clock was set back to 1st April, the chapter resets back to the beginning.

Yep, sounds like an inside (backdoor) programming "joke" to troll the players. Evil bastards.

Question Save Game Stopped Working

I am in Chapter 6 - A Man Apart and can't seem to save my game successfully. I save it and it looks like it is saving it (same symbol in the top left corner) but then when I try to reload it, the day and time isn't listed. The only games I can reload are the ones I saved yesterday. Is this some kind of April Fool's joke ???

I just died and instead of the game loading the last saved spot, it started the whole chapter over again ! Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to fix it ?

Oh edit note - I was in it last night and it saved fine. In fact, this morning when I loaded the game it had me right where I stopped yesterday.

Originally Posted by DominicusSaxon
    I am in Chapter 6 - A Man Apart and can't seem to save my game successfully. I save it and it looks like it is saving it (same symbol in the top left corner) but then when I try to reload it, the day and time isn't listed. The only games I can reload are the ones I saved yesterday. Is this some kind of April Fool's joke ???

I just died and instead of the game loading the last saved spot, it started the whole chapter over again ! Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to fix it ?

Oh edit note - I was in it last night and it saved fine. In fact, this morning when I loaded the game it had me right where I stopped yesterday.
    Yes it is an April Fool's joke. To fix, forward your system time to 8th April.

FIXED!!! This issue happened for me last night and I've been tearing my hair out thinking I'd have to start again after making it the whole way through to Chap 6.

For anyone on XB1 try turning off automatic adjust for daylight savings! Worked for me, presumably this will work for other consoles too! I also disconnected from the Wifi just in case, but that may not be necessary. Hopefully they patch this soon! I hope this works for you guys.

[FIXED (PC) - Game breaking save bug] Forward system time to April 8th

Forward your system time to April 8th. This will definitely fix the save/load issue on PC.

Possible fix for XB1 and other consoles: For anyone on XB1 try turning off automatic adjust for daylight savings! (Credits to Thelmo)

---------------------

Still, this is not a good solution and we are entitled to an explanation for this debacle by Eidos/Square.

If it was an April Fool's joke, then it was completely uncalled for.

As things stand, many people will be left with what is a game breaking bug for one full week.

Also, changing the clock is never an ideal solution for many and should only be considered a temporary, stop-gap measure.

Regards!

Unhappy Xbox One , Thief Save Issue, Chapter 2

System Details: Xbox One Day One Edition
    Xbox Live Gold
    Region: United Kingdom
    Thief: Digital Download

Issue. Chapter 2 restarts upon completion stuck on chapter 2.

Steps to re-create

Playing as Master Difficulty

Near the end of chapter 2 I made a manual save.just before you fall into the building and the guard looks for you with a torch. I then received a achievement and held my Xbox guide to read it, after this I continued playing and seconds later I died in game. I then selected my auto save and this restarted the whole chapter 2. I loaded up manual save near the end and completed the chapter and was shown the stats screen. Upon selecting A to continue the Chapter restarts from the beginning.

Solution: Fix your game

Disable automatic daylight saving time.

Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last