Page 6 of 9 First First ... 23456789 Last

Thread: AUDIO ISSUES - collecting them to one place for the developers (for patchwork).

AUDIO ISSUES - collecting them to one place for the developers (for patchwork).

If you really want your best shot at making a difference--email Eidos and politely tell them that you will not be buying any more of their games until they fix the audio issues with this one. If they want any more of your business, they should demonstrate that they are worthy of that business.

Seriously. Email them and let them know. They already have your money for Thief so they have no reason to care.

Give them a reason to.

Wow. Hadn't been paying attention to this thread. Judging by the last couple pages, it seems like Customer Service is viewed as an unecessary sunk cost for EM as it is for several other companies. There was no problem (relatively speaking) marketing the game for a year...flying to trade shows, advertising in many places, going to expos, flying non-employees and media people to and fro, hosting open houses... All to publicize and sell the game. Once the game launches and sales are complete, however, it's radio silence time. No customer service, in the typical sense of the term. Just bug reporting in a forum that you hope someone in the ether is reading and random patches that come out whenever the planets align. Volunteer mods who have no sway and 3rd party devs hardly constitute customer service. Just observing/telling it how it seems to be from a customer's perspective with no ties to the company...

They're probably working on things behind-the-scenes, but the customer service aspect is lacking. Somewhat like I feel it did all through development. And that's a shame. I wish Customer Support wasn't felt to be such a wasted cost for companies. Somewhat understandable since it's not bringing in direct sales/revenue, but it's just too bad that it has to be that way.

There we go...

We have received the inquiry.

Ticket Number: 3809867

Please be sure to have your ticket number ready when you are contacting the Support Center for assistance.

I contacted Square Enix, and hopefully they will get to Eidos Montreal.

As I've said few pages ago, I don't think EM is going to provide any further patches unless something happens that renders game useless - like the save bug...
    How would that be funny?

?

Let's hope you are wrong. I am curious to see what response I get back.

i have begun killing eels at the docks everytime they mention polly adler ...

These steps solves some audio problems on PS3 such as unaudible dialogs, audio skips and mutes. My PS3 connected to A/V receiver via optical cable. But I'd experienced same problems when using Wireless 7.1 headset.

Just switch to Linear PCM in audio settings on PS3. And choose only Linear PCM and disable manually DTS, Dolby Digital and AC3 under optical digital output settings. After these settings, never experienced same problems. Hope it helps. And sorry for my English.

Wouldn't want to be the new community manager. Poor soul.

Originally Posted by argan1985
    Wouldn't want to be the new community manager. Poor soul.
    Are you kidding me? I would LOVE to be. I would help keep this topic as well as other alive. I would ensure the devs get their email boxes spammed until fixed. Community managers are also given ways to contact Eidos directly that we don't. Remember when Taffer said he refused to spam their E-mail boxes? I know I would. His lack of spamming has led to this.
    At this point I really am ticked off. Being ignored, and given up on is really just a slap in the face. If given resources, I could make some changes.

Originally Posted by FrumpyTheClown
    Remember when Taffer said he refused to spam their E-mail boxes? I know I would. His lack of spamming has led to this.
    I'm sorry I've got my own personal things to deal with and didn't devote time to badgering others on your behalf. Spamming Thief's marketing coordinator's inbox would have accomplished nothing, contrary to what you seem to think. Furthermore I'm not subservient to your requests at all, so stop acting like I'm obligated to do what you tell me to do.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

This is why I wish EM had internal employees doing customer service to support the game post-launch. Customer support personnel often genuinely want to help the customers and help do the right thing for the customer, in a nice way. Employees who are on-the-clock, rather than volunteers who are busy with their own lives, have more incentive, initiative and time to help prioritize hot issues and help push important issues through to resolution. That's just the nature of things. The support could come in the form of a project manager or small team, for example; fielding the pressing issues and working hand-in-hand with the devs and Nixxes -- attending their meetings, looking at bug reports, helping with UAT, etc.-- to see how things are going and to provide the community with friendly status updates on occasion, using their often innate soft skills to effectively communicate with customers in non-combative and helpful ways. That's just one way; I'm not by any means saying that's the only way.

Marketing, PR, IT, Legal, Finance, Human Resources and other groups often have their own agenda, which can sometimes be at odds with the customer's best interest; or they may place higher priority on things (especially revenue-generating ones) that are low priority for (or that may negatively impact) the existing (already-paid) customer. The customer's voice can get easily lost or squelched in the absence of a true customer support/customer advocate team or teams.

Square Enix has a corporate philosophy and management guidelines that lay the foundation for how customers should be treated (e.g., professionalism and initiative). The ideals outlined are good guidelines for all involved in the SE/EM machine, imo, and should, ideally, play a guiding role in post-launch support and forum actions and demeanor.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/company/en/philosophy/

Corporate Philosophy

• To spread happiness across the globe by providing unforgettable experiences. This philosophy represents our company’s mission and the beliefs for which we stand.
    • Each of our customers has his or her own definition of happiness. Square Enix provides high-quality content, services, and products to help those customers create their own wonderful, unforgettable experiences, thereby allowing them to discover a happiness all their own.

Management Guidelines
    1. Professionalism

• We shall exhibit a high degree of professionalism, ensuring optimum results in the workplace. We shall display initiative, make continued efforts to further develop our expertise, and remain sincere and steadfast in the pursuit of our goals, while ultimately aspiring to forge a corporate culture disciplined by the pride we hold in our work.

2. Creativity and Innovation

• To attain and maintain new standards of value, there are questions we must ask ourselves: Is this creative? Is this innovative?
    • Mediocre dedication can only result in mediocre achievements. Simply being content with the status quo can only lead to a collapse into oblivion. To prevent this from occurring and to avoid complacency, we must continue asking ourselves the aforementioned questions.

3. Harmony

• Everything in the world interacts to form a massive system. Nothing can stand alone.
    • Everything functions with an inevitable accord to reason. It is vital to gain a proper understanding of the constantly changing tides, and to take advantage of these variations instead of struggling against them. We shall continue to work towards harmony and serve as an integral part of this ever-fluctuating system.
    • In order to achieve ideal performance levels, we as individuals, shall aim for a mutual respect amongst our coworkers, remain conscious of the duties assigned us, and place an emphasis on teamwork.
    • As a corporate organization, we shall work diligently to maintain an optimal balance culminating in the ultimate satisfaction of all our stakeholders, including customers, shareholders, counterparties, and employees.
    • As a business entity, we shall contemplate what functions we are to perform within the realm of industry, while acting in a manner that ensures the mutual harmony and benefit of all parties within it.
    • Finally, as a member of society, we shall comply with laws and regulations while fulfilling our civic obligations, including community involvement and environmental conservation.

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    This is why I wish EM had internal employees doing customer service to support the game post-launch. Customer support personnel often genuinely want to help the customers and help do the right thing for the customer, in a nice way. Employees who are on-the-clock, rather than volunteers who are busy with their own lives, have more incentive, initiative and time to help prioritize hot issues and help push important issues through to resolution. That's just the nature of things.
    You are confused about the "nature of things".

Eidos volunteer forum moderators just deal with the forum itself and the ToU.
    Customer Support employees deal with the kind of support you seek for the game.

This is the nature of things.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

No, I'm not confused. You're confused, if anything. And if you're not, then neither of us are, so please don't use unfounded or presumptive potshots like that as an argument tactic. It does no good and is just a distraction from the main point. "I think you might be confused, DF" would've been a more tactful and less offensive response/conclusion with a greater chance of being correct, but in the end it'd still be inaccurate.

Your role as a moderator and ToU enforcer are, yes, the nature of things... but just in that respect. (There is more than one 'nature of things.') You guys have assisted a little in customer support issues before (artbook and comicbook inquiries, MT pinging EM regarding the audio issues, etc.), in addition to your ToU/forum mod role, but customer support is not your normal or primary focus.... and is just another reason why there should, ideally, be paid customer support employees, like you say, and like I've said.

My 'nature of things' comment was referring to non-employees having their own lives (as MT just pointed out he has, and as you've said before you have), which is a contributing factor in not being able to provide any semblance of customer assistance that you might otherwise want to or try to provide out of the kindness of your hearts; and my comment also referred to how employees have more incentive (they're paid), initiative (they're at risk of losing their livelihood if they aren't available or don't show initiative), and time (they're committed to working 8-hour+ a day for EM in a customer support fashion) to help. And, yes, having soft skills and being able to outwardly express empathy and compassion toward the customer are often traits of true customer support personnel. If they're not inherent traits, they sometimes at least pretend, since they are often at risk of losing their livelihood if they don't.

There are many 'natures of things' regarding countless things. I chose one, you chose another -- and there are many more. No need to get bogged down in semantics or misdirections when I was just talking about a specific one. It's not like I'm going to write a 200-page novel here on 'all the natures of forum moderation and customer support, and the trials, tribulations, observations and solutions thereof' to try and explain everything and cover every conceivable base.

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    ...potshots like that as an argument tactic.
    There was no pot shot there... nor anything resembling an argument tactic.

Perhaps there is incorrect interpretation of posts... but what are you saying? I mean. there already is paid customer support available.
    signature image

If you guys finally could get rid of all the bugs, that would be terrific.

Just got this...

"Dear ,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with Thief sound.

We appreciate your feedback on this matter, it is a known issue and we will keep
    this information in mind.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please feel free to
    contact us again in case you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
    More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre
    website.
    http://support.eu.square-enix.com/"

Glad that they will keep it in mind? Do they plan to FIX it? ANY plans at all?

Thanks for sharing. Clearly they're aware and looking into it.
    I can imagine its frustrating for you taffers, but these things take time so we may as well wait patiently for them to report back.
    signature image

For What?

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Thanks for sharing. Clearly they're aware and looking into it.
    I can imagine its frustrating for you taffers, but these things take time so we may as well wait patiently for them to report back.
    I can wait as long as it takes, IF I know they are doing something about it. That message says NOTHING about getting about to fixing the issue.
    Personal question Vik and Taffer, do either of YOU taffers have these issues? What system do you play them on? Are you having the same issues as us?

It's 3 months since release now and we still are waiting for this problem to be fixed. A problem which a company who has some pride in their work would have fixed BEFORE the games release!

Originally Posted by Thorleifr
    It's 3 months since release now and we still are waiting for this problem to be fixed.
    Since release date Nixxes have released several patches, the last one was last month.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...10&postcount=1

As I said, I can imagine the frustration for those of you who still experience issues. Nixxes are aware of your plight and if they can help further I'm sure they will.
    signature image

What audio issues were you having? Could you also please ask your boy friend what he did and post it on here? Because my game runs smooth as silk yet the audio is the one hitch. The game will run if I play it, but I just won't be able to enjoy it because video and audio won't synch; because thunder will be missing, among other issues. To us that is like saying, well the picture is clear on our TV but all the audio is in Spanish (or not your native tongue).
    How do you KNOW this Nixxes person is doing anything at all? We sure don't. My PC version of Thief has NOT seen a patch since that new True Audio thing. This isn't a church where you Mods can tell us God works in mysterious ways. This is a business and we need updates on progress. Need is the correct word. As of right now, I can honestly say, I will NEVER buy another product from Square or even Eidos again if this is how they handle things. They changed our Thief series around and did so without proper care.

Viktoria,
    I contacted this Nixxes person. I hope you don't mind but I mentioned you, so let's see if they respond.

Frumpy, I don't mind. My bf prefers that.

EDIT: Just a note about double-posting. If your post is the last in a thread and you wish to add more, please use the 'edit' button, rather than creating a new post below the previous one.

Also, please refrain from adding rants 'n' lectures in your post about mods and churches as it is quite unnecessary. This forum is primarily intended for users to share their experiences and help each-other to resolve problems.

If you wish to complain about the business side of things; you're in the wrong place. Official support for the game can be contacted via the below links:
    Europe: http://support.eu.square-enix.com
    America: http://support.na.square-enix.com
    Japan: http://support.jp.square-enix.com
    signature image

Frumpy was totally spot on in making that mod/church comment.

The mods have said things like 'I'm sure they're working on it' and 'if they can help, they will', without knowing whether what you say is true or not. You're essentially making promises on someone else's behalf you aren't qualified to make.

We're not children in need of comfort. We're customers who want communication. If there's no more intention of fixing the audio, as seems increasingly likely, then we'd like to know so that we can have realistic expectations. Empty platitudes don't help, but just confound the matter.

We're individuals just stating our opinion and/or trying to offer reassurance; not promises. It is also obvious that the tech guys are aware of issues and working on what they can; this is what they are paid to do.
    Also, we DO know these things:
    Originally Posted by Master Taffer
    I managed to get hold of EM Marketing Coordinator. The team has been and is currently looking into it. Please be patient.
    But if you're going to complain about mods trying to be friendly and helpful, then I'll happily move on to help keep this thread clean.
    The only thing left to do now is wait patiently to see if any further patches are released.
    Please note: this thread is not for complaints about the company or persistently asking if there are any updates. Read this:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...81&postcount=1
    Please understand they will not be able to respond to every individual issue. If you require support on your specifc issue please use the support links below.

Europe: http://support.eu.square-enix.com
    America: http://support.na.square-enix.com
    Japan: http://support.jp.square-enix.com
    signature image

I'm sorry to hear that everyone in this thread has been experiencing problems with the audio, and it's understandable that you want some news and are getting frustrated about it. We're taking things seriously, and EM are taking it seriously too.

Let me just explain our position briefly. As online volunteers, there's only so much that is appropriate or possible for us to do. For the most part, we are just regular members like you guys. At the moment, we are just here to keep the forums tidy, and let you know the moment we hear about a patch or any communication with EM. We have contacted them about the problem, they are aware of it, and they are doing something about it.

Page 6 of 9 First First ... 23456789 Last