Page 4 of 9 First First 12345678 ... Last

Thread: AUDIO ISSUES - collecting them to one place for the developers (for patchwork).

AUDIO ISSUES - collecting them to one place for the developers (for patchwork).

Originally Posted by Teagle
    Hmmm! Bad luck for me then. I started a new game, got up to Chapter 1, heard thunder, saved and loaded, didn't hear thunder.

I've verified the game's files and restarted Steam and the PC. Not sure what else I can do. GimmeDaGun, we seemed to be in the same boat pre-1.4. Now that your game is working, can I ask: do you use onboard sound, with Realtek drivers, for example? Would love to get this working.
    I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy card (not integrated) and I use VIA HD Audio driver.

Hmmm! Bad luck for me then. I started a new game, got up to Chapter 1, heard thunder, saved and loaded, didn't hear thunder.
    It's not just you. I also noticed the thunder was gone after quickloading. This is with a new game, fully updated.

I can also confirm that the MISSING THUNDER is STILL MISSING.

Very frustrating. I've been waiting for this to be patched, and when I saw that patch four included audio fixes, I thought--finally!

But no. No such luck.

It's strange. To me everything seems to be working fine now. The sound propagation is also there, though it is a bit on the other side of the river now. You can barely hear the lady shouting with the two soldiers now in Lockdown. It seems that the game treats open windows and every single object (crates, collumns etc.) as if they were walls too.

Originally Posted by psychic
    How about dialogue looping? Was that fixed?
    no, it wasn't. Dialogs are still looping and different dialogs are still being played at the same time...

Soon as all these audio issues are ironed out, I'm going to buy the game. For me it's like I'm still waiting for the release date to arrive...

Originally Posted by CiroConsentino
    no, it wasn't. Dialogs are still looping and different dialogs are still being played at the same time...
    Yeah, I went to a load where I had the issue. The guy kept saying to the whore to squeeze his nipples over and over...
    Too bad, going to keep waiting, hoping for this to be fixed :/

Oh man! Well, it's not just me, thanks guys. Given this patch was the audio-fixes patch, I wonder if we'll get another?

Will keep checking in here to find out.

Dr. Troys Surgery: When I was sitting directly beside him his voice was muffled. On the other corner of the outer hallway his voice was crystal clear. Seriously, how can this even happen? ;-) Please fix.

And it's very annoying that somestimes Garrett starts to talk during a loading screen - which is inaudible - and after the loading is complete we get the last three words of two sentences, that sucks (example: after taking the first quest from Ector). Please fix that.

Originally Posted by GimmeDaGun
    I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy card (not integrated) and I use VIA HD Audio driver.
    I also have an Audigy Card. But the issue is in the game, not with our hardware.
    Do we have an update on the recurring Audio issues and getting them a fix?

I just tried to reinstall the game on Steam, hoping maybe the patch DID somehow fix the Lip Synch issue but just I had corrupted files. No luck. I did perform a clean install too. Nothing.
    So I can say for certain now that video/audio synching (along with a bunch other audio issues) are still present. I know we have Forum moderators but what about the devs? Do they read these forums, do they talk to us?

I'm using a Audigy 2 ZS card with a 5.1 speakers system. Creative drivers. Windows 7 SP1 64-bits. The missing sounds just makes some parts of the game really dull.

I don't experience the missing sound issue anymore, but the sound propagation is all over the place. It does not work properly still.

Hey guys, been lurking the past few days. Are the devs still working on the sound issues? With 1.4 I'm still experiencing problems.

Originally Posted by maestro26316
    Hey guys, been lurking the past few days. Are the devs still working on the sound issues? With 1.4 I'm still experiencing problems.
    I hope they do. Even the sound propagation needs some work, since - despite its presence - it is still all over the place and does not work properly.

Also I can confirm now that the conveyor belts sound does indeed disappear if you reload in Dust to Dust. The sound of thunder in Lockdown does not do the same anymore.

The game needs a serious patch for sound alone.

These are pretty major sound issues. I wonder how they got through QA. What systems did they test them on?
    I hope the Taffer forum mod sees that this post is now up to 5 pages, since the sound issue is not fixed, and informs his contacts again for us.

/bump We are NOT letting these audio issues rest until fixed.

Originally Posted by Nixxes
    Hello everyone,

Our latest patch also addresses problems with sound. This is patch v1.4 to be precise.
    Patch notification thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142975
    What about patches for consoles? I'm on PS3.

I have music turned all the way off on PC, but I still hear ambient music at times.

Any updates yet on a new patch to ACTUALLY fix the audio issues?

Chapter 7/The Forsaken

After quicksaving and reloading the generator didn't make any sound. The following minutes were even more creepy.

South Quarter

Guards were exchanging the same lines regarding Polly over and over again. Immersion dropped to zero at this point.

I believe these bugs are already mentioned in the OP but I want to share my disappointment.

Originally Posted by maestro26316
    Chapter 7/The Forsaken

After quicksaving and reloading the generator didn't make any sound. The following minutes were even more creepy.

South Quarter

Guards were exchanging the same lines regarding Polly over and over again. Immersion dropped to zero at this point.

I believe these bugs are already mentioned in the OP but I want to share my disappointment.
    Thanks, I updated the post, The Forsaken is Chapter 5 though.

I'm not sure whether theses issues can be and would be fixed or not, but I'm still hoping that the EM team will at least try to find a solution to them. Actually all the listed sound issues are still present. Even the sound propagation problem and the missing sounds associated with reloading are present.

Thanks, I updated the post, The Forsaken is Chapter 5 though.
    Thank you for updating and correction.

I'm not sure whether theses issues can be and would be fixed or not, but I'm still hoping that the EM team will at least try to find a solution to them. Actually all the listed sound issues are present. Even the sound propagation problem and the missing sounds associated with reloading are present.
    I'm looking forward to a future patch too but I will probably have abandoned the game at this point. Never thought I would be such a sucker for audio. Probably one of those things you'll only notice when it's broken.

How do I get added to the list on the front page with the issue I posted yesterday?

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    How do I get added to the list on the front page with the issue I posted yesterday?
    Done.

Okay guys, I don't mean to spam Nixxes' and EM's mailbox, but I think we should give a heads up to them. If every single one of us who still care about this game and want to see the audio issues fixed would write them a mail/pm about the sound issues and give them a link to this thread, maybe they would take it a bit more seriously. This game is heavily handicapped by these problems. They should be addressed. What do you think?

Gimme,
    Done. What unnerves me the most is that we have heard no word recently about this. No developer posts, no updates. Just silence. Where is Taffer? Where is EM right now? I played the first 3 Thief games and LOVED them. Even by today's standards. I haven't even played the new Thief game since discovering these sound issues. I have Thief installed and just sitting there. It is bothersome to have these issues and feel I cannot start the game without losing interest.
    When you go to a movie and the sound doesn't work in the theater, you get the theater to fix the sound. You don't just sit there and watch a broken movie. We are complaining to the "theater" but we are hearing/reading no word. This is bad customer relations.

Originally Posted by FrumpyTheClown
    Where is Taffer?
    He's extremely busy right now.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Page 4 of 9 First First 12345678 ... Last