Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: AUDIO ISSUES - collecting them to one place for the developers (for patchwork).

AUDIO ISSUES - collecting them to one place for the developers (for patchwork).

Originally Posted by Master Taffer
    Departments nothing. The mods are unpaid volunteers from the community. I live in Iowa where I work full time as a security contractor while I go to school for game design, and Viktoria does what she does across the pond somewhere in the UK.

UPDATE: I managed to get hold of EM Marketing Coordinator. The team has been and is currently looking into it. Please be patient.

Originally Posted by svincent
    how can be no difference between somebody speaking infront of you and somebody speaking 50 meters away in different building? in 2014 AAA game. in stealth game. in game which promotes that TRUE AUDIO (which 99% of us cant use). month after release. ...eh... i go play it. i wont wait next month for patches. and when i finish this game i will write down names if people who done audio, take that piece of paper and piss on it... btw. good luck with this thread...but im afraid nobody gives a §/t. Game is out. Money is in.
    Take it easy, there's still hope.

Thanks Master Taffer

Finally...

Thank you Master Taffer, look forward to the next patch.

UPDATE: I managed to get hold of EM Marketing Coordinator. The team has been and is currently looking into it. Please be patient.
    Well, that's unexpected ( but good) news.

If they fix the audio i might replay some of the better missions.

The audio bug is one of the reasons I stopped playing this game. I have dozens of other games to play in the meantime, including Bioshock Infinite Episodes 1 and 2...

Originally Posted by CiroConsentino
    The audio bug is one of the reasons I stopped playing this game. I have dozens of other games to play in the meantime, including Bioshock Infinite Episodes 1 and 2...
    I'm doing the same thing. Waiting for this to be fixed, and then keep playing when the sound is acceptable. In the mean time, I'm playing other games.

Hope this is fixed soon, at least the major issues like looping dialogue.

I hope they release a patch this week with some fixes, can't wait to resume playing Thief.

Agreed. Since immersion is important, these audio issues mess things up for people. Any updates on the issues?

It's only been five days since I last e-mailed them about it. I'm not going to badger them every ten minutes; be patient.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

"Be patient."
    It's 2 weeks since the last patch already.

Slackers.

Originally Posted by NIB
    "Be patient."
    It's 2 weeks since the last patch already.

Slackers.
    And fixing things is not as simple as flipping a switch.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

And fixing things is not as simple as flipping a switch.

By now they must be aware of the sound problems for months. Either they don't intend to fix them or they are slacking.

Whoever they employ for QA should have found the issues, they're quite obvious. I've played on a laptop and a desktop now and the issues are consistent on both. Either the engine wasn't coded to support a traditional Thief sound engine, or the final build was severely borked.

I say, lets just wait and see. I still hope that SE-EM will come out with a patch that will address those sound issues that can be fixed. According to MT they are looking into it. I believe they do.

By the way, any new finds?

I have had so many problems with sound on the PS3 version. The worst is that I have all the sound cut out or voices cut out and do not come back until I restart the game. Its so bad that I may just trade the game in. Its no fun playing and to having to keep restarting system. I do not have trouble with any other game.

Originally Posted by NIB
    By now they must be aware of the sound problems for months. Either they don't intend to fix them or they are slacking.
    In some cases, probably years. The game was in development for a very long time. Something clearly broke down in the Eidos structure for so many issues to slip through. They surely were noticed by dozens of staff, yet remained unaddressed. I can't believe that a game that took this long to produce can still feel so rushed. Personally, I would have to preferred to wait further and get a more polished game.

I'm putting the game away until they fix it. If they don't, I'll apply for a refund. Thief is primarily about stealth and atmosphere, and both are hindered significantly by the botched audio implementation. There's no more reason to accept it than there would be, say, broken aiming in a competitive twitch shooter.

Hello everyone,

Our latest patch also addresses problems with sound. This is patch v1.4 to be precise.
    Patch notification thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142975

Originally Posted by Nixxes
    Hello everyone,

Our latest patch also addresses problems with sound. This is patch v1.4 to be precise.
    Patch notification thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142975
    Thank you for your efforts!

However, I just tested a save game- and I'm still missing major sound effects. Thunder, conveyor belts, etc.

Problem at my end, or still a game problem?

Let's see what everyone else says...

Oh but maybe it's a baked-in save-game problem. I'll start a new game AGAIN at some point to see it that may be the case.

Update...

What do us Sound Issue people think? I am going to start a new game to test for certain, but is the lip synch and other synch issues fixed with sound? Other audio issues?

Originally Posted by Teagle
    Thank you for your efforts!

However, I just tested a save game- and I'm still missing major sound effects. Thunder, conveyor belts, etc.

Problem at my end, or still a game problem?

Let's see what everyone else says...

Oh but maybe it's a baked-in save-game problem. I'll start a new game AGAIN at some point to see it that may be the case.
    To me that issue is fixed. I saved and reloaded in Lockdown and the sound of thunder is there. Also the sound propagation is working properly, though it makes it hard to hear a few conversations, but hell... we asked for it.

Originally Posted by FrumpyTheClown
    What do us Sound Issue people think? I am going to start a new game to test for certain, but is the lip synch and other synch issues fixed with sound? Other audio issues?
    Sound propagation is working. Lip synch hasn't improved as far as I can tell. The sound bugs associated with reloading are fixed. Also the mix and the overall sound feel more comfortable if it makes sense. So far so good. I haven't tested the looping conversation issue and the lack of reverb at certain places.

How about dialogue looping? Was that fixed?

Originally Posted by GimmeDaGun
    To me that issue is fixed. I saved and reloaded in Lockdown and the sound of thunder is there. Also the sound propagation is working properly, though it makes it hard to hear a few conversations, but hell... we asked for it.
    Hmmm! Bad luck for me then. I started a new game, got up to Chapter 1, heard thunder, saved and loaded, didn't hear thunder.

I've verified the game's files and restarted Steam and the PC. Not sure what else I can do. GimmeDaGun, we seemed to be in the same boat pre-1.4. Now that your game is working, can I ask: do you use onboard sound, with Realtek drivers, for example? Would love to get this working.

Something else to add - I have adjusted my music, voice and effects volumes nicely. I play quietly on 5.1 audio system at night. And suddenly when I die and go to the "you failed" screen - BANG! - my neighbors wake up. I always try not to die and to load the game before they hit me. But sometimes I'm not quick enough and that sound of death is too loud.

Is it something I can adjust from the menu? Is it related to the effects or music volume?

I have started a new game and am in prologue - sound propagation is actually on the other bank of the river now. E.g. in the courtyard with one patroling guard and the other one stationary next to a cabinet, you can't hear the patrolling one, when he is on the other side of the courtyard. Without subtitles, the dialogue about father in law would be really monologue...

However, it is nice not to hear Erin and the guards talking right into my ear. Definitely an improvement.

Ok had to post here as initially I had ZERO problems with sound but ever since I suffered the save game bug and had to wait to play as soon as I got back into playing now the conversation sound that you pick up on is REALLY quiet. I adjusted other volume levels down and turned the master volume up which mostly works except that any time Garrett talks or he is talking to a quest giver the volume is VERY high thanks to the master volume adjustment.

Page 3 of 9 First First 1234567 ... Last