Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: AUDIO ISSUES - collecting them to one place for the developers (for patchwork).

AUDIO ISSUES - collecting them to one place for the developers (for patchwork).

Originally Posted by GimmeDaGun
    Updated. Any new find?
    There's dialogue from a couple guards in the City hub where one says his helmet is broken and keeps shifting around and the other guard says, "Not enough for my liking, I can still see your face." Problem is that first bit of dialogue is never heard. Sometimes you'll see it briefly subtitled if you have subtitles enabled. So all you hear, over and over again, is "Not enough for my liking, I can still see your face."

That audio issue and a few others are captured here starting at 7:15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5KrE8mFKY

One of the other audio issues demonstrated there is when two NPCs are engaged in conversation and one can be heard fine while the other can hardly be heard at all.

Originally Posted by ClashWho
    There's dialogue from a couple guards in the City hub where one says his helmet is broken and keeps shifting around and the other guard says, "Not enough for my liking, I can still see your face." Problem is that first bit of dialogue is never heard. Sometimes you'll see it briefly subtitled if you have subtitles enabled. So all you hear, over and over again, is "Not enough for my liking, I can still see your face."

That audio issue and a few others are captured here starting at 7:15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-5KrE8mFKY

One of the other audio issues demonstrated there is when two NPCs are engaged in conversation and one can be heard fine while the other can hardly be heard at all.
    Thanks! Added them to the list.

Sorry for bumping, but I don't want this thread to be buried.

I wonder if the Nixxes or EM team read our list, or not...I hope they did. It'd be nice to get a nod or something though.

Sorry for bumping, but I don't want this thread to be buried.

I wonder if the Nixxes or EM team read our list, or not...I hope they did. It'd be nice to get a nod or something though.
    Agreed, although I do not expect them to respond. If they did that would mean they officially acknowledged that there are audio issues. That would mean they would have to commit to fixing them - which could be time consuming/costly which they might not want to do given that game didn't have best reception or they just can't fix it because its too deep and would require too much changes - hence why such audio system got into released game.
    If they ignore the issue on the other hand they can pretend that everything is alright, you know ignore the issue till it fixes itself/people lose interest - better then admitting up or lack of will to fix the issue.
    How would that be funny?

As the patch thread got closed - http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142398

1. are we any closer to getting answer on the audio issue?
    2. can someone tell me how we enable Trueaudio on the steam version as I cant see the option.

I created this thread to collect all the audio issues, glitches and imbalances people experienced when they played the game to one place.
    @GDG, are you updating this post with whats been fixed..?

Originally Posted by b1k3rdude
    @GDG, are you updating this post with whats been fixed..?
    I myself did not experience any improvements yet, nor I've heard about any fixes from others, so no I have not updated the thread with what's been fixed, but I will when we indeed see audio issues being fixed.

Why, have you heard of or experienced any changes or improvements yet?

Originally Posted by larix
    Agreed, although I do not expect them to respond. If they did that would mean they officially acknowledged that there are audio issues. That would mean they would have to commit to fixing them - which could be time consuming/costly which they might not want to do given that game didn't have best reception or they just can't fix it because its too deep and would require too much changes - hence why such audio system got into released game.
    If they ignore the issue on the other hand they can pretend that everything is alright, you know ignore the issue till it fixes itself/people lose interest - better then admitting up or lack of will to fix the issue.
    I'm hoping so much that it's not the case.

Please Fix

Eidos,
    Please fix these issues. Talk to us Eidos, any updates?

Originally Posted by FrumpyTheClown
    Eidos,
    Please fix these issues. Talk to us Eidos, any updates?
    I've already sent a pm to the Nixxes team, plus wrote a message to their wall, and of course there's this thread also. No answer yet unfortunately. I don't want to act like a total busy buddy, so I'm not going to spam their wall and mailbox with copypaste versions of the same message, but I'm not giving up hope yet. Hopefully they will acknowledge our feedback and give us a nod. All we want is to improve the experience for everyone after all. All we can do is searching for more of these issues in the game and update this thread. Hopefully it will achieve its purpose in the end.

Bravo...

When I read through all the issues, I kind of had an eye opening (ear opening, since this is a thread about audio issues) moment. I am very surprised that so many of these issues got past release. Nobody is perfect sure, but really, this is a lot.
    Your list, needless-to-say, is comprehensive and I appreciate all the effort you put into it. I just hope that it can get the developer attention it requires.
    Sadly to say, I cannot allow myself to play the game because of these issues, I love immersion and refuse to lose any of it during my play time.

I didn't see you list it, but it's related to the NPCs repeating lines of dialogue; sometimes the same dialogue starts twice, but with a short delay so it overlaps with a few seconds. Really annoying.

Originally Posted by argan1985
    I didn't see you list it, but it's related to the NPCs repeating lines of dialogue; sometimes the same dialogue starts twice, but with a short delay so it overlaps with a few seconds. Really annoying.
    It's on the list already, but thanks! If you find anything, please post it!

I'll give you a heads up to anything I come across. This one is really laughable...it sounds like the guards are almost stuttering.

"Want to he-Want to he- Over to the Bur- Over to the Bur-..."

I'll give you a heads up to anything I come across. This one is really laughable...it sounds like the guards are almost stuttering.

"Want to he-Want to he- Over to the Bur- Over to the Bur-..."
    I hate this bug and I just can't see how they did not notice it, since it happens so frequently.

I don't see why the NPCs have to speak that often at all, really...why not just have them mutter something or whistle and then maybe once every few minutes say something that is a real sentence? Would reduce the annoyance of repeated lines and I doubt it would impact any kind of immersion.

I don't see why the NPCs have to speak that often at all, really...why not just have them mutter something or whistle and then maybe once every few minutes say something that is a real sentence? Would reduce the annoyance of repeated lines and I doubt it would impact any kind of immersion.
    Exactly.

I sent an e-mail to the Nixxes and the Square Enix Tech support group about the sound issues we experienced. I hope they will acknowledge them. I can't do anything else as of now.

Any new finds?

Nope. But thanks for keeping this thread going!

That's mostly what the original games did, and it worked great. Every once in a while you'd come across some lengthier conversations, like the bear pits convo. But you'd never have two lines of dialogue repeated over and over again.

That's mostly what the original games did, and it worked great. Every once in a while you'd come across some lengthier conversations, like the bear pits convo. But you'd never have two lines of dialogue repeated over and over again.
    I think that's one of the sound issues that can not be solved at this point. The only thing they may do is somehow manipulate the frequency of the lines and fix the looping conversation bugs.

I'm a bit worried about the sound propagation issue too... it seems way bigger than something that can be addressed by a patch.

I think that's one of the sound issues that can not be solved at this point. The only thing they may do is somehow manipulate the frequency of the lines and fix the looping conversation bugs.

I'm a bit worried about the sound propagation issue too... it seems way bigger than something that can be addressed by a patch.
    The fact that they released the game like this, tells me that the audio is beyond their ability to fix, due to either budget, time, or even technical knowledge. Or any combination thereof. Basically, whoever was in charge of sound design (and his name is in the credits), botched it. Big time.

The fact that they released the game like this, tells me that the audio is beyond their ability to fix, due to either budget, time, or even technical knowledge. Or any combination thereof. Basically, whoever was in charge of sound design (and his name is in the credits), botched it. Big time.
    Yeah, most probably this is the case. It would be nice though if they tried to do something about it and at least acknowledge the problem.

WE STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER ABOUT THE HUGE AUDIO ISSUES!!!!

No one of the mods here any news about start of fixing these or the devs recognize them in general??
    This Game is unpolished at this state and breaks the mood and immersion!
    We still waiting for news.Most of us payed this game on full price and we can surely expect that it worked very well as customers!
    I´m really angry about the silence about one of the main problems in the game!

Please visit the actual Thread for an overview of the Problems
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142344

Originally Posted by Keelhan
    No one of the mods here any news about start of fixing these or the devs recognize them in general??
    Why would we? We don't work out of the Eidos Montreal office. Heck, none of the mods even live in the same country as the studio.

I'll see if I can contact someone, but we're currently without a community manager as well as a web content manager, so we'll see if I can get anything.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Okay.didnt know that is such a complicate company thing with all the different departments.
    Would be fine when u try to get someone.thanks!

The issues cropping up with sounds traveling through walls and voices from far away sounding like they are next to player would be the fault of whoever coded the sound propagation, not the sound designer.

how can be no difference between somebody speaking infront of you and somebody speaking 50 meters away in different building? in 2014 AAA game. in stealth game. in game which promotes that TRUE AUDIO (which 99% of us cant use). month after release. ...eh... i go play it. i wont wait next month for patches. and when i finish this game i will write down names if people who done audio, take that piece of paper and piss on it... btw. good luck with this thread...but im afraid nobody gives a §/t. Game is out. Money is in.
    Well, the True Audio stuff is pretty much just a special effect it doesn't fix the problems with the sound system. That's going to require the coders going back and fixing whatever issues remain in the game engine.

Originally Posted by Keelhan
    Okay.didnt know that is such a complicate company thing with all the different departments.
    Would be fine when u try to get someone.thanks!
    Departments nothing. The mods are unpaid volunteers from the community. I live in Iowa where I work full time as a security contractor while I go to school for game design, and Viktoria does what she does across the pond somewhere in the UK.

UPDATE: I managed to get hold of EM Marketing Coordinator. The team has been and is currently looking into it. Please be patient.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last