Thread: Texture rezzing glitches

Texture rezzing glitches

Texture rezzing glitches

System Specs:

GPU: Geforce 770 GTX
    CPU: Intel Core I7-4770K @ 3.50GHZ
    RAM: 16 GB

So basically when I start a new game on Very high graphics settings the game seems to run fine FPS wise from what I can tell. However the graphics are extremely poor detail wise and I'm experiencing texture glitches on certain objects where they loose there textures completely and are replaced with simple black outlines. See bellow for a couple of examples:

- The pile of rubbish as you can see doesn't rez unless I walk a good ways from it and as soon as I step closer it reverts to this.
    - Similarly with this picture the arches around the windows have all lost there textures.

In general the game is playable, I've tried checking patches and reverting to the original V 1.0 and that just crashes the game to desktop. My graphics drivers are all up to date, I've also checked the game integrity and that seems fine also.

Adjusting the graphics either before starting the game or during doesn't change anything visibly from low - very high.

Any suggestions are welcome and if anyone else is experiencing a similar problem please post. I've as yet not seen anyone post anything similar to this on here.

Hello,

Can you provide your DxDiag and thief.log (documents/thief folder) files? Then I can send them to the devs for further analysis.
    Thank you!

Thank you! The files and images have been forwarded to the devs.

I have exactly the same issue...

I have same problem here after the 1.1 update
    Anybody have fix for it ?

Same issue here!

Check out the carpet and the painting's resolution. Needles to say this does not stop here...the problem is everywhere in the game (

Yes that's pretty much what I get although at least you can see the rugs I just see black outlines lol.

As it currently stands I've done benchmark tests and I get between 4-14FPS although it doesn't seem laggy at all throughout the game, as if its forcing itself to run on low so that it can play the game smoothly. I just don't want to play the game through with it looking like this..I really hope they release a patch to fix it.

The only thing I've managed to do is make the posters none blurry on the main menu by starting the game in Very low, I can change anything to max except for texture quality and the posters to the left of the text remains visible, but when I change texture to anything above Very low it goes blurry again. This has no effect in game sadly and I've tried everything I can think of to remove the black texture glitches.

Indeed, I do not experience the black texture problem (my video card is different than yours- it's an nVidia GTX 670, latest drivers -maybe that;s the reason), but is still bad ..I really want to play, but with everything on max, yet I still can't and it is annoying

Though, in a way I'm glad there are more with the issue because it probably means it will get fixed...I hope

The pile of rubbish as you can see doesn't rez unless I walk a good ways from it and as soon as I step closer it reverts to this.
    Looks similar to this:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141765
    "Thief -- it's not impossible that it will make Thief fans happy!"

Hmm I think that's certainly more of a shadow affect glitch rather then textures itself, as its not effecting the resolution when the ground ect goes black, you can still see the brick surface and wooden floors ect. With this I see shadows cast perfectly fine on objects as far as I can tell.

I tried setting core affinity last night to see if that helped remove the use of 100 percent CPU load and maybe let the game rez textures better but it didn't make any difference either sadly. I'm pretty sure this is a game bug and not anything to do with my system at least as I can't find anything else it might be.

The texture glitch has something to do with the lighting in the game. When I turn off the candles in the starting area, the textures load up on the carpets. The textures don't remain however and revert back to the black outlines when I get nearer, lowering the texture/shadow settings helps somewhat.

Originally Posted by Sniperace01
    The texture glitch has something to do with the lighting in the game. When I turn off the candles in the starting area, the textures load up on the carpets. The textures don't remain however and revert back to the black outlines when I get nearer, lowering the texture/shadow settings helps somewhat.
    Any news on this issue ?

Sniperace01, the devs have looked into your files and they saw that despite having a GTX 770 gpu, your system also has an Intel HD 4600 that the game is using. They advice to update the Nvidia driver and try again. If that does not solve your problem, you would need to go into your Nvidia control panel and mark the GTX 770 card as your primary gpu for Thief.

Shak, please have a look at the information I just gave Sniperace01. If you know that you also have an integrated graphics card alongside a dedicated gpu, please try the steps as well. If that doesn't work or if you do not have a setup as described, please provide your dxDiag and thief.log information.

Thank you very much for the response! and don't I feel a fool haha, I had no idea my motherboard had a built in graphics card enabled, as it turns out the devs were completely correct I've been running my computer on a Intel built in graphics card for the past 2 months simply because I put my HDMI cable from my monitor into the wrong slot :P so yes the game runs smooth as silk now thank you again and I hope this also helps other people who may also have a similar Motherboard ect, I'm so not used to HDMI yet on computers

Woop on average 80 FPS on benchmark!

Originally Posted by Nixxes
    Sniperace01, the devs have looked into your files and they saw that despite having a GTX 770 gpu, your system also has an Intel HD 4600 that the game is using. They advice to update the Nvidia driver and try again. If that does not solve your problem, you would need to go into your Nvidia control panel and mark the GTX 770 card as your primary gpu for Thief.

Shak, please have a look at the information I just gave Sniperace01. If you know that you also have an integrated graphics card alongside a dedicated gpu, please try the steps as well. If that doesn't work or if you do not have a setup as described, please provide your dxDiag and thief.log information.
    Thank you so much for replying! My issue is somewhat similar but not the same.
    I have started another thread several days ago (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141975) and Sniperace01 pointed that it may be similar to what he was experiencing, hence I also posted in this thread.

I am trying to run the game on my Apple Thunderbolt 27" display (which is connected to my PC through a Thunderbolt port, obviously). The way the Thunderbolt display works is the following: i can only get an image if the onboard video card is enabled(Intel HD 4xxx) and whenever I want to play a game, I have to use an app (that was bundled with my motherboard) called Virtu MVP 2.0 (here's a link for reference: http://lucidlogix.com/products/virtu...0-for-windows/). This Virtu MVP basically does what the Optimus technology(another link for reference: http://compreviews.about.com/od/vide...Technology.htm) does for laptops (in short: you're allowed to decide what video card [integrated or discrete] should be used when certain apps/games run)

I chose the discrete card to be enabled when running Thief and it does kick in (I can tell due to the very high FPS I get, even if the textures are low quality - the integrated videocard has about 5 FPS in the main menu and the game crashes when I try to load a save)
    It's like (and that is just a guess on my side) the game also detects the integrated video card (despite the fact that the main card was set to be the Discrete one) and somehow decides the textures should be low....
    This is the first game with which I'm facing such issues and I've played plenty that use the Unreal 3 engine. I've contacted Lucidlogix and reported the issue, but I've received no reply nor do I really expect one (usually they don't reply, they just fix the software if it's their fault and that's it - it is what it is...[sigh])

One more thing that makes me think this is not related to the Virtu MVP software is the fact that @ work I have an i5 processor running on a motherboard that also has the Virtu MVP software bundled BUT NOT INSTALLED on it and the HDMI cable goes straight into the discrete video card (an old nVidia 9800 GTX+) yet I have the same problems with the textures !

However, I'm not upset anymore because now I play the game in Stereo 3D on my Sony HMZ T2 and despite some mildly annoying issues (that are mentioned in a stereo 3D related post), the game just looks gorgeous to me (it's hard to explain to someone how 3D looks on that device without actually showing them -it's no Oculus Rift, but it does the trick...Very impressed! VERY VERY IMMERSIVE!)

Some other users might benefit from you fixing this, so I'll attach the requested files, hoping that this can be patched eventually.

Having said that, I want to thank Nixxes for a great port (I'm not kidding! I know my hardware is somewhat exotic and some issues are bound to happen from time to time, so yeah..) ^_^

Files can be found here:
    http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/69763482/file.html
    http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/70741752/file.html

PS: my drivers are up to date
    Thank you for your time !

I only have a Intel HD Graphics. I cannot play the game properly ?

Hey Rengav2099,

I have a Core i5 -3570k@ 3.4 3GHz with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and just tried the game using that integrated video card to see if it works. I've set the resolution to 1280x720 (720p) the graphic settings to Normal and the game ran at about 20 - 24 FPS, but there are issues with the textures when using this integrated video card! (just like the ones described by Sniperace01 in this post)

You have to understand that Intel Graphics is a very underpowered graphical card meant mainly for Office use and not for games (although some older games will run with decent FPS at low resolutions) and does not even meet the minimum requirements for the game if I'm not mistaking!

Originally Posted by shak
    Hey Rengav2099,

I have a Core i5 -3570k@ 3.4 3GHz with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and just tried the game using that integrated video card to see if it works. I've set the resolution to 1280x720 (720p) the graphic settings to Normal and the game ran at about 20 - 24 FPS, but there are issues with the textures when using this integrated video card! (just like the ones described by Sniperace01 in this post)

You have to understand that Intel Graphics is a very underpowered graphical card meant mainly for Office use and not for games (although some older games will run with decent FPS at low resolutions) and does not even meet the minimum requirements for the game if I'm not mistaking!
    I have Core 17 3612QM with Intel HD 4000 and all recent games work fine in high specs with very decent FPS. My card have all specs that the game needs. Even DX11 support. And if all recent games in the market works fine im my system and only Thief not, where is the problem ? The game or my system ? All they need to do is solve this issues for Intel HD Graphics and thats OK.

Originally Posted by shak
    Thank you so much for replying! My issue is somewhat similar but not the same.
    I have started another thread several days ago (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141975) and Sniperace01 pointed that it may be similar to what he was experiencing, hence I also posted in this thread.

I am trying to run the game on my Apple Thunderbolt 27" display (which is connected to my PC through a Thunderbolt port, obviously). The way the Thunderbolt display works is the following: i can only get an image if the onboard video card is enabled(Intel HD 4xxx) and whenever I want to play a game, I have to use an app (that was bundled with my motherboard) called Virtu MVP 2.0 (here's a link for reference: http://lucidlogix.com/products/virtu...0-for-windows/). This Virtu MVP basically does what the Optimus technology(another link for reference: http://compreviews.about.com/od/vide...Technology.htm) does for laptops (in short: you're allowed to decide what video card [integrated or discrete] should be used when certain apps/games run)

I chose the discrete card to be enabled when running Thief and it does kick in (I can tell due to the very high FPS I get, even if the textures are low quality - the integrated videocard has about 5 FPS in the main menu and the game crashes when I try to load a save)
    It's like (and that is just a guess on my side) the game also detects the integrated video card (despite the fact that the main card was set to be the Discrete one) and somehow decides the textures should be low....
    This is the first game with which I'm facing such issues and I've played plenty that use the Unreal 3 engine. I've contacted Lucidlogix and reported the issue, but I've received no reply nor do I really expect one (usually they don't reply, they just fix the software if it's their fault and that's it - it is what it is...[sigh])

One more thing that makes me think this is not related to the Virtu MVP software is the fact that @ work I have an i5 processor running on a motherboard that also has the Virtu MVP software bundled BUT NOT INSTALLED on it and the HDMI cable goes straight into the discrete video card (an old nVidia 9800 GTX+) yet I have the same problems with the textures !

However, I'm not upset anymore because now I play the game in Stereo 3D on my Sony HMZ T2 and despite some mildly annoying issues (that are mentioned in a stereo 3D related post), the game just looks gorgeous to me (it's hard to explain to someone how 3D looks on that device without actually showing them -it's no Oculus Rift, but it does the trick...Very impressed! VERY VERY IMMERSIVE!)

Some other users might benefit from you fixing this, so I'll attach the requested files, hoping that this can be patched eventually.

Having said that, I want to thank Nixxes for a great port (I'm not kidding! I know my hardware is somewhat exotic and some issues are bound to happen from time to time, so yeah..) ^_^

Files can be found here:
    http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/69763482/file.html
    http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/70741752/file.html

PS: my drivers are up to date
    Thank you for your time !
    Problem fixed along with patch 1.3 ! YEY ! Thanx Nixxes !

Smile This weird graphic problem in Thief 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQBvuqiOrcY

I have this really bad texture coming out of the game thief 2014 version...

I have a very good computer having
    Intel H67 motherboard
    i7 2600k
    16gb RAM
    More than space required by this game
    ATI Radeon R9 270 2Gb graphic card
    500W Cooler Master SMPS

I earlier tried this on other machine having i3 and Core 2 Quad CPUs and with different GPUs.

I also came to know that this same game and disk was working fine on one of my friend's CPU. His being normal Core 2 Duo and Radeon 5450 1GB GPU

Am I the only one facing this problem or other faced this thing too...

Pls help me about this...

if there's a patch or something than tell me...