Thread: Cutscene Audio Tied to Music Volume

Cutscene Audio Tied to Music Volume

Wink Cutscene Audio Tied to Music Volume

This is kinda silly, but, not liking the in-game music so much, I disabled it and now there's no sound in the pre-rendered cutscenes. So I'm kinda ed, aren't I? Please undo this nonsense. I'm playing Thief 2 "music" in the background.

Alright, thanks for reading.

I posted a possible fix in the Tech forum.

Ah, thank you. I'll go look it up. I overlooked the description for Tech forum.

Edit:
    Yeah, I don't think moving game files is going to do it. The sound in the cutscenes is there only if the Music slider is above 0 value.

Mods can move this thread to the Tech forum.

Originally Posted by Sharezjek
    I posted a possible fix in the Tech forum.
    Can you link it here because this IS the technical forums and I can't find the thread anywhere.

It would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to hear any music while playing but not having cut-scene audio is pretty game breaking.

Scratch that. Your "fix" doesn't have anything to do with the cut-scene audio issue.

Cut-scene audio is tied to Music audio so if you have Music audio OFF you get no cut-scene audio.

Please Eidos/Nixxes give us separate sliders for these as this is a major annoyance.

Here is the other thread link however its unrelated.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...11#post1989811

Thanks!

Can we get an Official response on this issue and whether we can count on it being addressed?

Thanks.

Same here, I don't like to ear music in such type of game, just ambient sounds and voices during gameplay, but I like to ear something in cutscenes.

Please unlink slider of general music from audioin cutscenes, or at least leave, in the meanwhile, the possibility to click esc during cutscenes and to have the options menu accessible.

Many thanks!

Hello!

We have indeed seen the threads about the audio problems and confirmed that voices in cutscenes are linked to music volume settings. This has been relayed to the devs.

Thank you!

Hope this gets put in to a patch soon.

Thanks

Has there been ANY development on this?? My problem, it seems, is worse.... I have music turned up, but still cannot here any audio apart from the steps.... no music will play in my game at all, though the loudness is up to 100%. In the main menu, I just hear steps from the guards, but no music.... how can I turn it back on??? I never turned it off....