Thread: THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

Climb back up the scaffold, and there will be a rope on the far right (left if you're facing the court you were just in) of the walkway that you can climb up.

Chapter 6 Ghost custom run, all loot help

Hi,
    I am just trying to find someone who can help me figure out what I am doing wrong or how to get through this part of the game and keep my run going.

So far I have got all loot and ghost on all chapters up to chapter 6 where I am now.
    I have cleared the mansion and should be ok for a ghost run and gotten all the loot up to the bride escape. In the burning room you climb into from outside using the claw, there is a candelabra on the mantle piece and something else in a locked box by the door you exit through. This locked box is this issue, it would be the 88th piece of loot I believe. I am doing a custom difficulty and have slowed movement and for some reason, no matter if I swoop up to the candelabra and straight down the stairs to the locked box the fire is too close on my tail. I have checked many videos and it seems like the fire is moving slower on them but I imagine it just seems that way cos of slowed movement. There just seems to be no way to get that box open fast enough to get the loot and escape without damage which ends it for me (custom run setting)

Can it be done? Can you use water arrows on the floor and extinguish the flames? I don't have any but will replay the mission having bought some if it is the case, I just don't want to lose my save unnecessarily if that is not the case.

Any ideas or advice would help (especially if you have done a 100% loot with slowed movement and no damage in chapter 6).
    It has been no easy feat to get this far with ghost and all loot and most videos I've seen doing custom runs are not 100% loot focused. The ones that are cover the first 3 chapters only so I fumbled my way through the next 3 up to this point I am stuck at, on my own but now I need help.

With all the one way points-of-no-return in this game, I wouldn't have the patience to try and get 100% loot. No thanks!

I think it's funny that it's so easy to see where loot is, though (compared to the old games), with Focus and loot sparkle.

depend on my mood, sometime i promise myself to ghost the mission ,but at the first guards alert i start shoting arrows as an Indian in the Far-West or as Robin HooD

stuck in blackfurrow

I am stuck wandering around beteween stonemarket and blackfurrow alcove trying to get to the clocktower but I see no way out.where do I go.

You should go north and climb on the rooftops. Follow the map:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...me_hub_map.jpg

I'm surprised how many people find this small city hub hard to navigate. You must be terrible at orientation. I've seen experiments on TV and it turns out that men are better in navigation than women. Anyway I wanted even bigger City. I liked South Quarter when I first saw it and I thought there will be more quarters. It turned out that they are just two of them which is kinda disappointing. But I can imagine how much the community will cry because they are lost in the big city like little children in a supermarket.

You have a perfect GPS map which marks exactly your location and not only that but it shows the direction your character is facing. What more do you need to orientate? You have big map and mini map.

Originally Posted by pwyll
    I'm surprised how many people find this small city hub hard to navigate. You must be terrible at orientation. I've seen experiments on TV and it turns out that men are better in navigation than women. Anyway I wanted even bigger City. I liked South Quarter when I first saw it and I thought there will be more quarters. It turned out that they are just two of them which is kinda disappointing. But I can imagine how much the community will cry because they are lost in the big city like little children in a supermarket.

You have a perfect GPS map which marks exactly your location and not only that but it shows the direction your character is facing. What more do you need to orientate? You have big map and mini map.
    I replied in detail to your post by explaining why it's hard to navigate and why I'm not a big fan of the hub's design, but it got moved by a mod. Here it is: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...39#post2003639

Exclamation ugh frozen in one spot

omg!! OK so I'm really frustrated on chapter three dirty secrets I came to load my saved game and it says "investigate the hideout" but I can't move or do anything but look up and down I can't look side ways I can't move jump pull out weapons nothing but all I see is a hole on the wall but I can't even move towards it but when I go into focus mode the hole glows but I still can't do anything can someone please help me!

Thief_Cherry
    Ps3

Did you sort it out after? Dirty Secrets is one of my favourite missions.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread, but I just finished the game in Thief mode (saving the challenges for later), and something has been nagging me in the final confrontation with Erin :

Just before the end, Garrett must collect the 3 primal fragments while dodging the light bursts from Erin. If you go near Orion's corpse, and switch to focus mode, the book is highlighted but Garrett can't seem to interact with it. I think we can't even use arrows due to the nature of the fight against Erin.

So I was wondering if this is just a bug because at one point the book has been a "collectible" object and the programmers forgot to remove those properties from the object?

I know I'm pushing it far but that's the only explanation I came up with...

Welcome.
    I moved your post into the correct thread.
    signature image

deleted wrong thread

can't jump gap

I am trying to get some loot across a gap and need to jump across. I press W Shift and approach the gap and then press the space bar and he just stops. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

What mission is it and where are you exactly? How big is the gap? Perhaps you have to work out another way to get across if the gap is wide.
    I presume you've experimented going forward and sprinting and jumping at the same time... if a small gap? Otherwise try to jump at the last minute?

What about if you create a key to combine multiple actions and see if that helps the situation.
    Good luck... you really need to possess that loot.
    signature image

If this is Thief 2014, naybe temporarily (or permanently) enable the HUD prompts that show you what contextual key/controller button presses are available at that particular spot. Jumping just might not be an available option there. (You can't always jump where you think you should be able to. The devs made it so you can only jump where they want you to be able to jump or where they think you might want to jump.).

Maybe look up and see if there's a rope arrow hotspot beam jutting out that you can fire a rope arrow into, and then use the dangling rope as your intermediary point to cross the gap. <-- That's sometimes the solutionto the gap puzzles in various parts of the game.

Or sometimes, you just have to look for another way around. In the City Hub, it's good to look for catwalks and rope arrow hotspots to try and solve these dilemmas. And the solution is sometimes completely cumbersome and non sequitur, where you have to go through a load zone and come around from the back side to get to a place/room you're wanting to.

I have the same problem stuck looking at the green light

Originally Posted by mavsynchroid
    Hey folks, normally I don't get stuck in games, but this for some reason is stumping me. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. My objective is to get to the center tower where the green light is, and I just dunno how to get to the upper floors of it.

Doesn't help that this game is poorly optimized and running slowly on my comp -_- makes trial and error a pain.
    I have the same problem wish someone would post the solution

Look up a walk through.

Originally Posted by mavsynchroid
    Hey folks, normally I don't get stuck in games, but this for some reason is stumping me. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. My objective is to get to the center tower where the green light is, and I just dunno how to get to the upper floors of it.

Doesn't help that this game is poorly optimized and running slowly on my comp -_- makes trial and error a pain.
    just sorted it turn the wheel so the stairs go to the landing were you see the alien then go back to below the green light go to the left and stand abouve the stairs press x and junp down

Originally Posted by knox140
    Look up a walk through.
    Seems the obvious route, yes.
    signature image

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    The devs made it so you can only jump where they want you to be able to jump or where they think you might want to jump.
    Yes, that really annoyed me. It took the whole open city aspect away from the game and made it far too linear. There were quite a number of walkways in the docks area, keeping you above the guards and out of sight. Not being able to jump across from one to another meant you had to drop down to ground level in many places. Much of the thieves highway was inaccessible because of this.
    A bird in the hand is... Lunch tonight.

Chapter 6 - Return to Northcrest Manor

Hey guys,

I hope this doesn't sound too needy, but can someone just give me a *pointer*; where to find out what the combination of the safe on the first floor of Northcrest Manor is? The one in the room with the chess table and lit fireplace?

I'm revisiting all missions to grab all the loot etc., and while it just seems absurd looking up guides for locations of things in a game where finding stuff is the sole purpose - I just can't figure it out for the life of me; I've torn the place apart numerous times now...

P.S.: I had something similar before in a random apartment in South Quarter, and it turned out to just be the current year. I hope it's something more exciting.

Originally Posted by Kelevra
    Chapter 6 - Return to Northcrest Manor

Hey guys,

I hope this doesn't sound too needy, but can someone just give me a *pointer*; where to find out what the combination of the safe on the first floor of Northcrest Manor is? The one in the room with the chess table and lit fireplace?

I'm revisiting all missions to grab all the loot etc., and while it just seems absurd looking up guides for locations of things in a game where finding stuff is the sole purpose - I just can't figure it out for the life of me; I've torn the place apart numerous times now...

P.S.: I had something similar before in a random apartment in South Quarter, and it turned out to just be the current year. I hope it's something more exciting.
    The guard by the table, in the library, has a note on his belt (Annabel's Note). This has the combination to it.

ARGH, damnit.

I was so sure there is nothing on anyone's belt anymore. I even turned on loot glint to make sure. Thank you!

P.S.: ...even though I feel like such an amateur now.

"You don't need to jump, you have SWOOP!"

"Urgh guys, we have decided you are not allowed to jump at will and therefore taking away a whole genre of gameplay because we don't want players bunnyhopping."

Modern designers in a nutshell. Yes I am still upset about it.
    Still haven't got this game, probably never will. What a shame.

Page 9 of 11 First First ... 567891011 Last