Thread: THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

There are 36 candles in the game (or maybe 34 or something). Light them all and get a focus point. Yeah... Lighting candles really pays...

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    This is THE thread to ask for help if you are stuck and you need a hint.
    As many people will be posting their random questions, please quote the question when you provide an answer.

THERE ARE SPOILERS in this thread, obviously.

PLEASE still use the spoiler tags in your question AND answers. We appreciate it's a bit of hassle, but it allows us to have one thread for helping each other, instead of 100 random threads asking for help, and people looking for help can use the thread without worrying about seeing a spoiler from a place they haven't reached yet. We're hoping this will work out okay and prove a useful thread.

Enjoy!
    This board is nearly impossible to use. When you post a new thread it gets moved into another thread and is lost in the myriad of replies and quotes requiring you to dig for any actual replies to your original thread. Am I missing something here or is that the way this works for instance I asked a question in this thread and instead of getting replies that are linked to my question I have to scroll through all the posts and quotes after my post to see if any pertain to my question, again is this how it works or am I being stupid here?

[Spoiler] I am on the roof tops running from dogs but i keep getting killed [Spoiler]

Originally Posted by acdc814
    [Spoiler] I am on the roof tops running from dogs but i keep getting killed [Spoiler]
    Run faster! And maybe take a different route when it branches. Good luck!

Sometimes the trap control box is in another room, over even outside on a window ledge, Try using "F" key for focus and follow the lines from the trap to its control box

Originally Posted by ClashWho
    Run faster! And maybe take a different route when it branches. Good luck!
    Run faster is the best option hehe.
    Shame you can't chuck a deer leg or two down to distract them from their duty. Its just like a dog to think of its stomach first.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Help with Ector mission: Voice Box
    Cant find

Originally Posted by sceptre73
    This board is nearly impossible to use. When you post a new thread it gets moved into another thread and is lost in the myriad of replies and quotes requiring you to dig for any actual replies to your original thread. Am I missing something here or is that the way this works for instance I asked a question in this thread and instead of getting replies that are linked to my question I have to scroll through all the posts and quotes after my post to see if any pertain to my question, again is this how it works or am I being stupid here?
    Does seem unwieldy. Probably would have been better if at the beginning of this thread there were links to a thread for each chapter and side mission (like Basso missions or Ector missions) so if you had a question pertaining to one of those you would go there (or your thread would be moved there) so all questions about a particular chapter/mission would be in one spot.

Instead we have a mishmash of responses, some who don't quote the original question in their response, so you have almost no idea who they are talking to.

It's more like "Help!! I'm stuck!!!! trying to find a response to my question buried in hundreds of unrelated responses!! - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers"

Originally Posted by acdc814

Thumbs Down

Originally Posted by MitchAllen
    Hey there. I need abit of help in the

Thanks for any help.
    SAME PROBLEM, NO ROPE ARROWS LEFT! This is very annoying.

Yeah, could somebody please help us. I hate when I'm almost done with a mission and something as minor as this totally prevents me from completing it.

Originally Posted by mes2370
    Help with Ector mission: Voice Box
    Cant find
    Look up.

Originally Posted by MitchAllen
    Hey there. I need abit of help in the

You do not need a rope arrow to exit the ruins. After you take the book, mantle up onto the table it was nested in and look to your left. Climb that rope and follow the fairly obvious path.

Quick question - is there a way to disable "Press V to dodge" message I get every time I start combat?

I'm playing as Ghost - 0 detections so far (chapter 6 finished) so I haven't actually fought a guard yet. But occasionally they attack me and just before I click QuickLoad button I get the dodge hint and I have to click OK first, before I could load it. Sometimes when I click OK, they kill me fast and I see the "you are dead" window which I'm trying to avoid.

Originally Posted by pwyll
    Quick question - is there a way to disable "Press V to dodge" message I get every time I start combat?

I'm playing as Ghost - 0 detections so far (chapter 6 finished) so I haven't actually fought a guard yet. But occasionally they attack me and just before I click QuickLoad button I get the dodge hint and I have to click OK first, before I could load it. Sometimes when I click OK, they kill me fast and I see the "you are dead" window which I'm trying to avoid.
    Yeah this got Tedious for me too. I'm interested in the response.

The answer to the 'Press V to Dodge' popup question is "NO!"

Apparently the devs think you're too stupid to figure out how to do anything for yourself so they need an immersion-breaking popup window to tell you how the first time for everything.

What I recommend is: on the city streets, find a lone guard and pick a fight with him. After you take him down, save the game and then you should be set for the rest of it. Although, if you're playing with 'No Detection' option enabled, this is not really an option.

One would think Eidos would have considered that ahead of time, and disabled that message if "No alerts" was enabled.

One would think, anyway. Apparently, one would be wrong.

OK, thanks.

Another quick question - imagine you have finished chapter 6 and you want to replay chapter 2. You are in the City and you go to the chapter 2 start point. When you finish chapter 2 mission again, will chapter 7 start point be still available? Or you have to replay chapters 3, 4, 5 and 6 again?

Unhappy Can't finish the escape from the Keeper's Library

I'm right near the end and can't for the life of me see how I finish this. I'm NOT playing with Focus.

I've gone back several times to carefully scan for any odd brickwork and can't see anything to use the blunt arrows on...... *sigh*
    What in heaven's name am I missing here? Something simple no doubt

I think you need to go right to the top of the staircase. There is a path that was blocked before that should now be open.

Originally Posted by NightCrowe
    I'm right near the end and can't for the life of me see how I finish this. I'm NOT playing with Focus.

I've gone back several times to carefully scan for any odd brickwork and can't see anything to use the blunt arrows on...... *sigh*
    What in heaven's name am I missing here? Something simple no doubt
    Jump across it for a third-person climbing sequence.

I've tried all the usual jump buttons but Garrett refuses to leap off the edge. Is there a particular PC key (or combo) to use for this one that I haven't come across before?

It's like the pipe-climbing sequence in Dust to Dust.. I was completely stumped on how to progress as I'm not used to platforming game moves . The game doesn't seem optimally designed for players who aren't using Focus.
    Meanwhile, I'll go back again and mash buttons......

I think you have to run and jump to get across.

Aha! Simply running and jumping didn't work as Garrett screeched to a halt again at the edge BUT standing there and pressing the jump button twice ( did it in frustration) actually worked and the switch to 3rd-person mode began.

Of course I very quickly fell to my death since, as I said earlier, 3rd person platformy-type climbing is not something I'm used to playing. I got there though.... at last.

stuck

hello thief fans Iam so happy thief is here well Iam playing it and Iam stuck ok i am surposse to meet erin on the roof well iam somewhere at the west wing court and i am under a stafful andIam out of water arrows dont know how to get to the roof help please

Page 8 of 11 First First ... 4567891011 Last