Page 6 of 11 First First ... 2345678910 ... Last

Thread: THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

How do I get into the building at the end of Baron's Way (see map), not far from Siren's Rest. There's a second floor window there, but it seems too far of a jump.

Also... Where do you get the first Smuggler's map? I completed the game and never saw the Smuggler's mission.

Edit: As dictated by the rules of the internet, I solved the problem 2 minutes after I posted. You can jump farther by holding space longer. Derp. Still would like to know where the first Smuggler's map is.

When does it pick up steam?

For those of you who've played through the game, how far do I need to go (no spoilers, please!) before I can get into a decent stealthy groove? I completed the first mission , but the sluggish TDS-esque movement and stealing animations kinda put me off and I haven't played in a week or so. If there's some legitimately good levels later on, however, please let me know and I'll try to persevere.

The best and most "thief-like" mission is the one seen in most pre-release gameplay trailers IMO (the Baron's Mansion), and that is in Chapter 6. All the other story-based missions are pretty much mediocre, along with the actual storyline itself.

After you get to Garrett's clocktower hideout at the end of Chapter 1 you can also start doing some side missions/client jobs that are pretty good but rather short.

Hmm, that doesn't sound too promising! I'll try and check out the side missions at least.

Also, why on earth was my thread merged with the "Help I'm Stuck! Warning: Spoilers" thread? Not only am I not stuck, but I specifically requested no spoilers in my post. If it was intended as damage control on negative feedback, then I'd point out that my post was more ambivalent/cautiously optimistic than strictly negative.

Originally Posted by Ascalz
    The bank heist DLC

Im in that mission myself, haven't open it yet but i found a letter which explains how to solve ur problem.

One of them has been changed.

Originally Posted by Ascalz
    The bank heist DLC

Yes, you are. There are at least three pieces of paper that pertain to the bank vault combination.

Originally Posted by Morgan Wight
    For those of you who've played through the game, how far do I need to go (no spoilers, please!) before I can get into a decent stealthy groove? I completed the first mission , but the sluggish TDS-esque movement and stealing animations kinda put me off and I haven't played in a week or so. If there's some legitimately good levels later on, however, please let me know and I'll try to persevere.
    For the main story missions, I "got into the groove" with Chapter 3. I was into the groove before that with the Client Missions, starting with The Bank Heist.

Originally Posted by glotys
    Need help, I am stuck in the side quest beauty within

Originally Posted by Soul_Venom
    So, just after level 1 you've reached the clock tower, visited Basso in his office and you are just leaving when you hear a whisper. Someone is telling you that they have something for you so come closer. I've searched high and low but I can find no one. Is it a glitch or am I missing something?
    You're missing something. There's a dude with a trenchcoat hanging around who sells you stuff. Wander around outside Basso's office. You'll find him.

Originally Posted by qwert_44643
    Im at the main vault and i cant figure how to get in to get the goal.....can someone help me out with a spoiler please.
    Im in the main vault but the traps keep getting me.

Originally Posted by Pan_paniscus
    Hi all.

This probably a dumb question, but here goes: Chapter 2, In the old foundry, there is a yard with a poppy flower in the middle and some pipes to climb. This is clearly the way forward, but I'm stuck at the highest point of the pipes. It seems that the player needs to drop down while also swinging to the left to catch another bit of pipe, and I just can't figure out how to do this. All the controls either do nothing, or cause garret to drop straight down a die.

Am I just missing something? Is it a control mapping issue? (I'm playing on a PC with keyboard/mouse) I get that there is a specific control for 'drop', but how the hell do you drop down and swing sideways? I can't seem to jump from the pipe, and the rope/hook thingy isn't deployed, so I can't rappel down.

I've tried this something like 40 times, read every forum I can find. I'm totally out of ideas here. Help please! I feel so stupid.
    Have you tried a Youtube walkthrough? It might help.

Originally Posted by Pan_paniscus
    Update - I managed to spring left from the end of the pipe, by mashing all the control keys rapidly together and making a noise like "Mwahergharweoweahhg". It seems to be some combination of 'jump', 'move left/right' and 'forward', all at once or in some specific order. I can't figure it out, and now that I'm inside the foundry and saved, I don't have to.

Is it just me, or are the context-dependent controls really annoying? Open world bollocks. In an open world you should probably be able to jump when you feel like it, and not just when there's an environmental element to jump on to.

edit - I thought this would appear as a reply to my previous post, but it didn't. Clearly I'm about as good at forums as I am at jumping off pipes.
    That whole post made my day. At least your sense of humor remains intact, Pan!

Originally Posted by mes2370
    This may be a very stupid question, but where do you buy tools? Wrench, wire cutters?

I guess the answer could contain spoilers so look at your own peril.
    There are several shops in the City hub. Open your map and their locations will be marked.

Originally Posted by dmc60103
    yeah I saw that, but I tried to for ages how do you climb up. I'm on PS4
    It's L2 in PS3.

Originally Posted by w4rl0ck
    ok thx a lot...but for example medical prescription should cost less papaver, instead the price remain the same...do you know why?
    Nope.

Ok guys very silly question here..... I've just done chapter 3 and it says to go to the crippled burrick Inn. All the map markers take me to dead ends in Stone market! Is there an easy way to get there?

Originally Posted by Binge_Eating
    Ok guys very silly question here..... I've just done chapter 3 and it says to go to the crippled burrick Inn. All the map markers take me to dead ends in Stone market! Is there an easy way to get there?
    It's right next to the clocktower. The entrance is at the end of small alley in front of the tower.
    Try my Thief 2 fan mission Old Comrades, Old Debts.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Binge_Eating
    Edit: When you exit your hideout, look over the railing. Do you see the long red banners? Look at the building to the left. Circle around back to get in.

Originally Posted by ClashWho
    There are several shops in the City hub. Open your map and their locations will be marked.
    Clash, when I open my map all I see is the location to the next mission marked on the map. Right now, I'm in Erin's hideout but once I leave I desperately need to get to a "arms dealer". How do the dealers show up on the map? the only one I found was outside of Basso's office but I can't seem to get back to him.

On an another note, how do I get to the Bank Heist mission?
    Thanks.

Originally Posted by Roman Gladius
    Clash, when I open my map all I see is the location to the next mission marked on the map. Right now, I'm in Erin's hideout but once I leave I desperately need to get to a "arms dealer". How do the dealers show up on the map? the only one I found was outside of Basso's office but I can't seem to get back to him.

On an another note, how do get to the Bank Heist mission?
    Thanks.
    Yeah, you have to be in one of the big City hub maps to see the arms dealers. They are marked by a white circle with a bow and arrow icon inside. The Bank Heist mission is in the upper left of one of those big City hub maps. Stonemarket, I think. You'll see two prongs extending to the north. The one on the right should be marked Queen of Beggars. The one on the left will be Bank Heist. It was a pre-order DLC, though, so you might not have it.

Taking a Fence

I'm playing Basso Job, "Taking a Fence". I can see the Fence shop...there's an open window with bars on it and can see lots of goodies inside. But, when I press the key to open the window bars the game just hides behind the left or right window sill. I've been all around the building and I can't find any way to get inside. Anyone know how to get inside the shop? Never mind...I figured it out...solution is in spoiler tags below.

Originally Posted by Rockn-Roll
    I'm playing Basso Job, "Taking a Fence". I can see the Fence shop...there's an open window with bars on it and can see lots of goodies inside. But, when I press the key to open the window bars the game just hides behind the left or right window sill. I've been all around the building and I can't find any way to get inside. Anyone know how to get inside the shop?
    Try my Thief 2 fan mission Old Comrades, Old Debts.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Bukary
    Bukary...I updated my own post...please delete yours or revise it with spoiler tags.

chapter 3 - dirty little secrets question

stuck, need help with this bit......

what am I missing?

edit: worked it out, well, got passed, not sure I did it correct though
    There is no Garrett, only Zuul!

Originally Posted by ClashWho
    Yeah, you have to be in one of the big City hub maps to see the arms dealers. They are marked by a white circle with a bow and arrow icon inside.
    I should note that the thief tools/accessories are only sold by the dealer in the Crippled Burrick and the dealer at Siren's Rest. The other dealers just sell arrows and such.

Page 6 of 11 First First ... 2345678910 ... Last