Thread: THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

Originally Posted by miki19mouse1
    Same problem here and any insight would be appreciated!
    Has anyone figured this out?
    Every walkthrough and video I have seen always shows the 3 ropes already suspended from the ceiling. I do not have rope arrows and I have not been able to find any in this entire "Ruins area."

Its got to be a flaw in this game. I have gone through the entire area several times and have wasted a good 1.5 hours searching for another way out. The only thing that I can think of is exiting out to the city and replaying the level again but I really don't want to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stuck in a vent

OK so I am trying to get into the foundry and I thought I was doing good until I entered a vent in the top left of the building. I don't think this was the correct vent to go in because when I reach the end of it I'm blocked by a metal gate, i tried leaving but I can't exit the way I came either because the exit is up a slant. I read on here you are supposed to drop down to attack a guard from a vent, but unless I can open these metal grates I am fairly sure I am in the wrong vent?

I thought of just exiting and starting from my last save point however fate would have it as soon as i entered the vent it saved.

anyone know what to do?

Originally Posted by dmc60103
    OK so I am trying to get into the foundry and I thought I was doing good until I entered a vent in the top left of the building. I don't think this was the correct vent to go in because when I reach the end of it I'm blocked by a metal gate, i tried leaving but I can't exit the way I came either because the exit is up a slant. I read on here you are supposed to drop down to attack a guard from a vent, but unless I can open these metal grates I am fairly sure I am in the wrong vent?

I thought of just exiting and starting from my last save point however fate would have it as soon as i entered the vent it saved.

anyone know what to do?
    There will be an area where you will have to go up, then you'll continue around to the left (you'll see a guard with a torch). Hope this helps!

yeah I saw that, but I tried to for ages how do you climb up. I'm on PS4

Dumb question: I'm midway through Ch. 2. If I pause, and select Return to the City, do I lose my saves for that chapter? Just interested in seeing where it takes me. Thanks.

Originally Posted by dmc60103
    yeah I saw that, but I tried to for ages how do you climb up
    DMC, I'm on PS4, so I just looked up and pressed L2. I would imagine on PC you would use space bar to mantle up (like the old Thief games). Not sure what platform you're using.

-Marc

I just got it thanks so much. I had been trying L2 but I guess my angle was off!

This probably dumb but how do I get back to the arms seller, I found one guy but he only sold arrows and sell backs, I need the wire cutter before I can head to Erin's hideout.

Can you head back to the Crippled Burrick? The guy who sells the wire cutter should be out the back not too far from where Basso is.

Are you looking for another part of the eels map or just the location that map 3 refers to?

Originally Posted by Ape Beast
    Are you looking for another part of the eels map or just the location that map 3 refers to?

Originally Posted by AlucardIII
    Garret all of sudden knew that he needs to look for red lights.. When did he learned that?

Thanks
    That's because brothels have/used (in real life) to have red lights out the front to signify it was a brothel. Have you never heard the saying red light district?

Originally Posted by discostu668
    There's a new map?

Originally Posted by Ape Beast
    There's a new map?

Originally Posted by slayerking
    That's because brothels have/used (in real life) to have red lights out the front to signify it was a brothel. Have you never heard the saying red light district?
    I do know about using red lights, but that doesnt mean they would use it in games world design.. The thing is that eidos made Garret to go to Erins place to find a clue about House of Blossomss.. That is the reason he went there acording to mission.. then it turn out as a mysterious meeting with Erin...

If Garret knew about way to find blossoms, why he get to Erins place in first place... Im geting tired if this bad storytelling, its inconsistant. They made just some reason to go to Erins place, and the reason wasnt fullfiled by actualy going there.

Thanks Ape Beast, but that's the problem, I can't seem to find the Cripple Burrick. Do you know what area it is in?

how to use special object

Hi, I' am playing thief on my ps4 and it's awesome!! but a little question. I have bought some special object by the mercant like for example medical prescription or warm tunic, but i don't know like use it? how i equipped that? I must only buy it or i may equipped? because i don't see that my health it's incresed...

Originally Posted by w4rl0ck
    Hi, I' am playing thief on my ps4 and it's awesome!! but a little question. I have bought some special object by the mercant like for example medical prescription or warm tunic, but i don't know like use it? how i equipped that? I must only buy it or i may equipped? because i don't see that my health it's incresed...
    I think you just buy it and it's automatically equipped. Your life bar may not change, but it'll take more damage to reduce it.

Originally Posted by ClashWho
    I think you just buy it and it's automatically equipped. Your life bar may not change, but it'll take more damage to reduce it.
    ok thx a lot...but for example medical prescription should cost less papaver, instead the price remain the same...do you know why?

Originally Posted by AlucardIII
    I do know about using red lights, but that doesnt mean they would use it in games world design.. The thing is that eidos made Garret to go to Erins place to find a clue about House of Blossomss.. That is the reason he went there acording to mission.. then it turn out as a mysterious meeting with Erin...

If Garret knew about way to find blossoms, why he get to Erins place in first place... Im geting tired if this bad storytelling, its inconsistant. They made just some reason to go to Erins place, and the reason wasnt fullfiled by actualy going there.

Originally Posted by keliberty
    Thanks Ape Beast, but that's the problem, I can't seem to find the Cripple Burrick. Do you know what area it is in?

Smuggler's Map Eel's End, seriously...

Still no official word from the devs regarding the Smuggler's Map Eel's End issue?

I swear I spent about 2 hours searching and scanning every nook and cranny in the vicinity of

yesterday, it's super annoying.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light on this issue.

Thanks Cassop, actually found a seller who sold all items at a Tavern in the docks, Siren's Tavern

chapter 2 question

There is no Garrett, only Zuul!

Page 5 of 11 First First 123456789 ... Last