Thread: THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

For what it's worth, while the contextual jumping ISN'T ideal, it is one of the less infuriating aspects of the game, backhanded as that compliment is.

The contextual leaning, on the other hand...

Once I turned on all the HUD prompts, it didn't bother me as much. The catch is: I didn't want to have to turn on all those prompts.

There were a handful of times, still, where I was wanting to jump and grab a rope and Garrett instead swooped. That was rough. Especially when trying to escape alert guards.

I have the same problem, i cant do the jump, no matter what I try

CAN ANYONE HELP.
    I've installed the game and trying to play, i leave the room where the birds are, climb the rope and follow Erin. I get to the second jump and the game won't let me do it. I'm running the PC version of the Game.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Help, I'm near the start of the game. I've left the room with the birds, climbed the rope ladder, at the second jump i get stopped. No matter what I do I cant get accross this gap. the game wont let me jump, i've even tried retrieving the rope arrow, but cant' do that either.

can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong.

Are you playing the PC version of the the game. I Have the same problem

hmm. have you tried backing up, running and hitting space bar right before jump?

I was having problems with jumps early on, franklyt this game is weird when it comes to your being able to know if you can climb something or jump down. thank god I learned about X key, I was basically jumping down from places wrong

Help

Hi, Did you find out what was wrong as I am having the same problem and am about to throw the game out!!! Thanks.

Originally Posted by Jaiimez
    That's one of the ways they handle load screens. It should have pushed the beam to the side and showed an animation of you squeezing through. It sounds like you're doing everything right. Must be a bug. Maybe you can load a save from earlier and try again. Also... assuming you have it on steam, try verifying the game cache in case you have a damaged file. (Right-click game in the library, click Properties, Local Files tab, Verify Integrity...)

Same problem (Return to Clock Tower: after pressing E to move object and trigger animation nothing happens). Verified game cache as well as did everything recommended here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...3980&l=english

Contacted tech support.

Merci beaucoup pour ce très bon topic, merci pour toutes ces réponses !
    ———————————————————————————————————————————
    stylet galaxy S5 étui Samsung galaxy S5

Help Please I'm stuck

While I am escaping across the burning bridge after robbing the baron's manor(chapter 6,) I come across the part where Garrett says something about the roof of the building below you looks unstable/about to fall in, after i get past that part, I'm at the part where you do a normal jump over a fiery hole in the roof(looks almost like a small walkway) and then the next jump after that is the one where you (I think) you're supposed to do a running jump to the other building on the other side of the road, but no matter every which way I jump, I don't make it across and fall to my death. I see all the time in video walkthroughs that no one seems to have this issue. How can I get past it? (oh and, I have tried getting a running start before jumping and it still doesn't work, i tried to do every kind of jump possible in this game but i always fall down to my death when I try to make this jump, which is why I think this is a bug/glitch and not the result of a lack of skills.)

ill post some screen shots of it:

http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/Gr...tml?sort=3&o=2

http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/Gr...tml?sort=3&o=1

http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/Gr...tml?sort=3&o=0

You have to get a running start, but it can easily be jumped.

HELP WITH THIEF

PLEASE'M NEEDING HELP WITH THE GAME FOR PC THIEF. I'M IN THE CHAPTER IN PART AND DIRTY SECRETS YOU NEED AN TURN VALVE TO CONTINUE. AND I AM NOT GETTING TO DO THAT, APPEARS AN ICON OF CENTRAL BUTTON MOUSE. BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. ALREADY TRIED SEE IN SITES BUT NOT able. Please help me.

While you hold the button down, you have to rotate the mouse in a circle.

Originally Posted by Jito463
    While you hold the button down, you have to rotate the mouse in a circle.
    this + make sure your capslock AND/OR shift are not pressed!
    How would that be funny?

Originally Posted by larix
    this + make sure your capslock AND/OR shift are not pressed!
    He clearly has issues with Caps Lock

He's expressing emotion through text, I guess.

Welcome to the forum, carai44.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Cool Stuck after Steal The General's Ring

After Stealing the General ring on my way to escape, but i'm stuck inside the lobby to climb up on the wall and escape from the área.

Nice share...

Oh well, I'm stuck,
    I've just began the game. How can I do?

Why not any single answer and so few posts?? Has this game sold so few?... lol

-------------------------------------
    edit:

as if not said: http://youtu.be/uLiBiSmVIXs?t=6m5s

found the solution: it was just to
    . And the video has more than three million views, good sign! Probably there is only a problem of users login.
    The environment is very cool, but there is too few interaction with the objects.
    Last edited by massimilianogoi; 13th Feb 2015 at 21:28.

Originally Posted by massimilianogoi
    Why not any single answer and so few posts?? Has this game sold so few?... lol
    lol. According to reports out there, Thief sold exceptionally well:
    http://gearnuke.com/thief-sells-ps4-...ber-1-uk-week/

I would say the lack of replies/posts is because few gamers actually frequent internet forums.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Lady_Of_The_Vine
    I would say the lack of replies/posts is because few gamers actually frequent internet forums.
    Sure they do, if a specific game creates adequate access to engage players and encourage community building. Plenty of games have healthy forums. Our own TDM forums have a healthy number of visitors, considering how relatively small we are.

Page 10 of 11 First First ... 67891011 Last