Thread: PS4 load times...

PS4 load times...

PS4 load times...

I have watched some YouTube game play via theRadBrad (spoilers beyond this link via video, watch at your own risk) whom got the game early via an official source and I have noticed the load times are not great. Please for the love of Talos (Ooops wrong game...) sort out those lengthy load times on supposed next gen consoles. I mean we are hitting the 30 second mark for a reload of a saved game whilst other games such as Killzone are instantaneous.

I do hope the load times can be reduced via a patch.

I've played a few next gen games, and to be honest the load times on some of those far outweigh ours on Thief.. First time loading in any area is going to be slowest, but reloads etc would be slightly faster etc.
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    I've played a few next gen games, and to be honest the load times on some of those far outweigh ours on Thief.. First time loading in any area is going to be slowest, but reloads etc would be slightly faster etc.
    What console have you played those next gen games on? As I said above Killzone is near instant load times.

I saw many comment on those load times on twitch streams. If it became an issue would the developers look into creating a patch to address those issues? Or do you believe you have squeezed all you can out of the load process?

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
    Impressive list.

Might i ask what your duty as a "mastering manager" is?

Originally Posted by d4c1981
    What console have you played those next gen games on? As I said above Killzone is near instant load times.

I saw many comment on those load times on twitch streams. If it became an issue would the developers look into creating a patch to address those issues? Or do you believe you have squeezed all you can out of the load process?
    Only played Killzone on day of launch so its possible they've patched it then? but it was pretty long load times when i played it..

Originally Posted by NIB
    Impressive list.

Might i ask what your duty as a "mastering manager" is?
    I do lots i basically take the code from our developers, do `stuff` with it, and make it available to all other depts and 1st parties (MS/Sony etc)..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

@jaycw2309 with the reviews pouring out a lot of people are stating that the game is riddled with loading sections. Jimmy a window to load the next section, load screens to traverse the city? Are there plans to look at the reviews and provide patches for those issues?

That would be nice. I think The Dark Mod takes a while to load/launch a map because it's committing a lot of stuff to the PC's memory so there aren't mid-mission load times. I wish Thief would do this. I'd gladly let a level take a few minutes to load if it mean there wouldn't be any mid-mission or building transition loadings...

I'm surprised they were necessary. EM was quoted as saying the next-gen consoles lets them do pretty much anything they wanted to with the game because the resources are there. So it's sad the load times are needed...

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    That would be nice. I think The Dark Mod takes a while to load/launch a map because it's committing a lot of stuff to the PC's memory so there aren't mid-mission load times. I wish Thief would do this. I'd gladly let a level take a few minutes to load if it mean there wouldn't be any mid-mission or building transition loadings...

I'm surprised they were necessary. EM was quoted as saying the next-gen consoles lets them do pretty much anything they wanted to with the game because the resources are there. So it's sad the load times are needed...
    It looks as though Thief was planned for the PS3 and 360 and then ported to the next gen consoles. This is obvious in the load times and graphics. So sad, I had high hopes for this and tried to remain optimistic for this but the flurry of bad reviews really are leaving a sour taste. Still got it pre ordered and I will play it but I don't have that good old feeling you get when you are really expectant of a game to come through your letterbox. So sad...