Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1641

Thread: [WARNING! spoilers from page 8 onwards!] Dark Horse Tomb Raider Comics (2014)

I've just realised that Survivors Crusade starts as Issue #1... Again
    signature image

Interview with the writers and artist here.

^ Okay... Colour me intrigued
    signature image

A new interview with Jackson Lanzing, Collin Kelly and Ashley A Woods on writing Survivor's Crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    I've just realised that Survivors Crusade starts as Issue #1... Again
    I'm not entirely sure what's going on either. The Dark Horse website also states this is a minisseries (as opposed to the regular 'ongoing' series), so it'd make sense it's a separate numeration. HOWEVER, the trade paperback clearly labels this as Volume 3, as if it were a direct sequel to issue #12 (the second one, that is). Go figure.

Question is... will they start with yet another "Tomb Raider #1" to pick up after the end of the next game? lol

I've recently been alerted to This interview in which it's revealed there is actually going to be 8 issues (over 2 arcs of 4 issues each) rather than just the 4 we first thought.

^ Okay... So at least we know that the writers really wanted to do the comics
    signature image

The cover for issue #2 of Survivor's Crusade is revealed. In a link as I have no idea how big it is: https://imgur.com/1AZuY4w

I like it. The description:
    Jonah Maiava has one question for Lara Croft: where the hell have you been? She ran off to Thailand alone, leaving her most loyal ally in the dark . . . And he’s worried about her. As she focuses on tracking down Trinity and discovering the truth about her father’s death, Lara has been isolating herself. If everyone she loves gets hurt, is it even worth having friends?
    Out December 20th. Source.

Extra news!

Additionally, something I missed earlier, a hardcover book of the post TR'13 comics will be released February 28th.

This deluxe hardcover collects issues #1–#18 of the 2014 Dark Horse Tomb Raider series, and the never-before-collected prequel story Tomb Raider: the Beginning.
    The link again just scroll down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    The cover for issue #2 of Survivor's Crusade is revealed. In a link as I have no idea how big it is: https://imgur.com/1AZuY4w

I like it. The description:

Out December 20th. Source.
    I really like the cover, too. Though I have to say, if you didn't say it was for TR, I probably would never have guessed...

As for the synopsis, dear lord! Will we ever get rid of the daddy drama?!! I'm really tired of it. I hope it at least gets dealt with in the comics once and for all and the next game has nothing to do with daddy.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    I really like the cover, too. Though I have to say, if you didn't say it was for TR, I probably would never have guessed...
    How so? I mean, she only has one pistol, but we're used to that. I think facially, she's not as close to RB Lara as in the other comics.

As for the synopsis, dear lord! Will we ever get rid of the daddy drama?!! I'm really tired of it. I hope it at least gets dealt with in the comics once and for all and the next game has nothing to do with daddy.
    I suppose, having found out her dad had been killed by Trinity rather than suicide, it's natural for Lara to investigate further. But yeah, hopefully this arc will finish that story and a fresh one in the next will focus on getting Lara ready for SotTR.

How so? I mean, she only has one pistol, but we're used to that. I think facially, she's not as close to RB Lara as in the other comics.
    Idk... I guess it's down to the character's iconography. When you have a character that's being drawn by different artists in different styles, there has to be something that allows your audience to recognize the character no matter what. For Classic'Lara, she was easily recognizable by her long braid, the dual guns, the sunglasses, the outfit. Even if one of these was different or missing, you still had the other traits to make the character recognizable. No matter what the artist, I could always tell it was Lara on the cover of the Top Cow TR comics.
    Now with Reboot'Lara, CD has (unfortunately, imo) dropped all of Lara's iconic traits and replaced them with others: the climbing axe, the bow, and the main outfit. And in this particular cover, all of these are missing, hence why I wouldn't immediately recognize her. The ponytail and the gun aren't enough to tell me this is Lara.

But don't get me wrong, I really like the cover, I dig the artist's style and I love how Lara is portrayed here (the fingerless gloves, the new outfit, the rope) and hope it might be representative of the future games. All I'm saying is that, out of context, if I saw this image while browsing, I'm not sure I would think "Hey that's Lara!".
    signature image

Cover for issue 3 : https://twitter.com/thetreeble/statu...02690166484992

As soon as I get a source and on my laptop, I will post it properly.

Synopsis:

Lara Croft’s search for the truth about her father’s death has taken her around the world, to exotic locations and dangerous tombs. Now it takes her back to her childhood as she revisits the sacred spot where Lord Richard Croft started her down the path towards becoming the Tomb Raider. Will she find the key to Trinity’s secrets in her own past?
    http://www.cbr.com/dark-horse-comics...citations/amp/
    Last edited by Rai; 12th Oct 2017 at 23:22.

^Another lovely cover! I really like this artist's style. But once again, I would never have guessed that was meant to be Lara!
    Anyway, I kind of dig this outfit, it has some "explorer vibes" if that makes sense. I like it.
    signature image

I do understand what you mean. Lara's not quite distinguishable without either the bow or axe.

A New interview with Jackson Lanzing, that includes a sneak peek panel or two.

^Dear god, that looks UGLY!!! I love the covers, but the interiors are probably some of the ugliest TR art I've seen on official comics!
    signature image

You're the 2nd person I've seen say that. I like it, it's so vibrant. Lara looks more cartoon-y, but I don't mind it. I think this one is better than the first arc and the 2nd half of The Beginning comic.

^I confess I don't recall exactly what the art was like in the 2nd half of the beginning comic but I think I do remember it being bad.
    But do you mean the first arc of the first run (post-TR2013) or the second run (post-RoTR)? In either case, I think the art was far better in those than it is here. And it's not just Lara that looks bad, the environments look really bad as well, specially that statue on the first page. I really don't like it.
    signature image

I'm talking about the first arc of the post TR'13 run. The art seemed simpler than this, though I didn't think it as bad as others made out at the time. I guess it comes down to personal taste.

Dark Horse' s February solicitations, including Tomb Raider Survivor's Crusade #4

https://www.cbr.com/dark-horse-comic...solicitations/

Lara Croft is cornered. By visiting a remote temple discovered by her father, she walked right into Trinity’s trap. But Lara knows this shrine’s pitfalls like the back of her hand, and the ultimate survivor will do whatever it takes to escape and continue her search for the truth about Richard Croft’s death.
    On sale on Lara Croft’s birthday!
    Update 21st:

Yet another Interview with the writers and artist.
    Last edited by Rai; 21st Nov 2017 at 19:41.

I just read the first issue. I really didn't like it.

The art is just awful imo. Not just Lara, but the whole thing. The characters, the colours, the backgrounds... just awful.

As for the story, well, I really disliked the "leaving Jonah a voicemail" device that was used throughout the issue.
    And I'm also not a fan of "who killed my father" trope that this arc is going for.

The whole thing just felt very uninspired to me...
    signature image

I buy the comics in volumes and it says on amazon that volume 3 won't come out until June next year. Why is there so long of a wait?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    I buy the comics in volumes and it says on amazon that volume 3 won't come out until June next year. Why is there so long of a wait?

this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomb-Raider...b+raider+comic

It's out in January. Unless it's changed and not reflected on the UK site?

Don't forget that there's a 2nd arc by Jackson Lanzing and co. probably due to start March and end in June, so it could mean the volume isn't coming out until that arc ends?

Edit: I just checked the U.S. site and it does indeed say June '18. Hmm, I'm aware the volumes usually do come out a few months after the final issue of an arc, so it's not unusual. How long was there between the final issue of the last arc and Volume 2?
    Last edited by Rai; 2nd Dec 2017 at 20:52.

A preview of issue 2.

Nice to see Jonah.

this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomb-Raider...b+raider+comic

It's out in January. Unless it's changed and not reflected on the UK site?

Don't forget that there's a 2nd arc by Jackson Lanzing and co. probably due to start March and end in June, so it could mean the volume isn't coming out until that arc ends?

Edit: I just checked the U.S. site and it does indeed say June '18. Hmm, I'm aware the volumes usually do come out a few months after the final issue of an arc, so it's not unusual. How long was there between the final issue of the last arc and Volume 2?
    I thought it was only a few months in between. I might be wrong on the exactness but it wasn't that long of a wait. When the previous series which came out before Rise each volume came out every month.
    signature image

Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566 LastLast