Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: [WARNING! spoilers from page 8 onwards!] Dark Horse Tomb Raider Comics (2014)

Is Sam in there?

Question: How do you people buy these comics? I don't have a Mastercard for Dark Horse Digital... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie92 View Post
    Is Sam in there?

Question: How do you people buy these comics? I don't have a Mastercard for Dark Horse Digital... :/
    Nope, she hasn't made any appearance since the first issue.. probably still sleeping I guess.

Overall this issue was a meh for me, this whole storyline is kind of a meh for me really. I agree with that (overly harsh) review in regards to Lara's character development being tossed out just for the sake of rehashing it again in the comic. She ended the game as a hardened survivor, lets keep her that way please?

I buy them at my local comic book shop, I'm not sure if you have one around you, check and call them, if anything they could special order the issues for you.
    signature image

No Sam? Meeeh...

Quote Originally Posted by 220_Volts View Post
    I agree with that (overly harsh) review in regards to Lara's character development being tossed out just for the sake of rehashing it again in the comic. She ended the game as a hardened survivor, lets keep her that way please?
    Maybe they were thinking they were too fast in the game regarding Lara's development and want to take a step backwards maybe.

Meh... I'm really not feeling this comic...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by 220_Volts View Post
    She ended the game as a hardened survivor, lets keep her that way please?
    I don't really agree, I see Lara as having gone through hell on Yamatai, and desensitized herself during those events in order to "keep it together" enough to save her friends. There's no way someone could go through what she did and not come away with serious traumatic issues.

I'm not saying they should make a major point of Lara's inner struggles in TR10, but they should definitely make a reference to it (maybe in an opening cutscene). I think the fic Can't go Home describes Lara's post-Yamatai struggles beautifully and would like to see some hints of that in the next game - reboot!Lara is not the wisecracking badass of earlier games, injuries (both physical and otherwise) do (and should) affect her. So far the comics have only hinted at Lara's inner turmoil, but I'm hoping we'll see more of that in future issues.

I'm disappointed my copy hasn't arrived yet. It had better arrive in the next couple of days

@Heidi, I agree with what you're saying. Sure Lara blasted her way though the Solarii, and she seemed calm at the end, it doesn't mean she's indifferent to the events and completely okay. She's barely had time to process it all and now all this other crap is happening and the nightmares. She still cares for her friends and wants them safe, it's natural she's still going to be shaken, more so if her memory is sketchy. I feel she may have a step or two to go before she's hardened survivor/raider who barely links in the face of danger.

@ellie
    do you have at least a visa card? thats what i use to buy them from dark horse. even when i would prefer a hard copy of these issues, the shipping alone will cost a lot more.

and yes, sam is not in this issue. all you see is just a flashback from lara how himiko was sucking sams soul out. thats it.

@heidi
    agree with you as well. she may have been more confident at the end of the game after her horrific ordeal, but as rai so nicely stated; all this crap happening to her friends is like a throwback for her.
    i personally find it a good idea that they still keep this vulnerability of hers but with a touch of confidence to dangerous situations.

i also like to know how many references they will use in the next game. maybe after reading all 6 issues we can maybe have some speculations what would be a key element for the next game. im really wondering how things turn out for sam and if the others will recover after being coursed by this gold (if it is one).
    signature image

Would anyone be so kind to post a quick collection of images that were made public so far about anything regarding the comics?

I.e. covers and previews of the story.

It's for something special

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_W View Post
    reboot!Lara is not the wisecracking badass of earlier games
    It's a reboot, but also an origins story at the same time. You don't know what Lara is like, really. You're witnessing Lara Croft being shaped through the experiences she endures.

To use the words of Roth - she is a Croft, she just doesn't realize it yet. Heh.

Like Rai said, it'll probably take a few more steps for Lara to get even tougher.

Will we see Lara as tough as before? Maybe, maybe not. But you can't make any claims yet on what Lara is, either. It's an on-going process

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi_W View Post
    injuries (both physical and otherwise) do (and should) affect her.
    And they did in the older games, too. It's not something brand new that we're only seeing now with TR9, as you're implying.

For example, Lara was quite emotional in AoD and TRU.

Or in TR4, Lara's vision was blurred when she was poisoned with scorpion venom and her health would slowly deteriorate until the player would treat it.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    @ellie
    do you have at least a visa card? thats what i use to buy them from dark horse. even when i would prefer a hard copy of these issues, the shipping alone will cost a lot more.

and yes, sam is not in this issue. all you see is just a flashback from lara how himiko was sucking sams soul out. thats it.
    I don't have a credit card. Never needed one. Maybe I should check out my local comic store... if it exists. Never been to one. But I think Berlin has one...

Ergh... Gail said, Sam is huge in the comics! I hope she was not talking about her height. xD
    Btw, I'm still wondering what that "mark" on her arm was. It looked like a skeleton's hand. But maybe it was just the artist's failing to draw a bruise...

Driber, like this? Or only pictures without any text?

I don't have a credit card. Never needed one. Maybe I should check out my local comic store... if it exists. Never been to one. But I think Berlin has one...

Ergh... Gail said, Sam is huge in the comics! I hope she was not talking about her height. xD
    Btw, I'm still wondering what that "mark" on her arm was. It looked like a skeleton's hand. But maybe it was just the artist's failing to draw a bruise...

wow. if i woulndt have one, i cant order anything from ebay or even from stores, restaurants when they cost a bit too much and dont have the amount of cash on me.
    if berlin doesnt have a comic store, then something is really wrong there for being the capitol of the country

we are just at the second issue. im sure sam will be somewhere around, and as you have posted in the spoiler tags, sam is mentioned in the fifth issue. the rest just says friends, which still means sam is part of it. so just wait for the next few months.
    signature image

Well... I have a card. But it is not a credit card. It's called EC-card here. Don't know if that exists in your countries... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cash
    And for ebay you can simply use PayPal.

The capitol?

Yeah, "just wait for the next few months"...

Ellie, how did you buy the first one if I may ask?

What you're using is called a debit card, Ellie. I use those exclusively, too. I hate credit cards.

Credit cards are so overrated

And I use PayPal for all my eBay purchases, too. It's connected straight to my bank account. No credit card needed

Driber, like this? Or only pictures without any text?

Perfect, thanks

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Well... I have a card. But it is not a credit card. It's called EC-card here. Don't know if that exists in your countries... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cash
    And for ebay you can simply use PayPal.

The capitol?

Yeah, "just wait for the next few months"...
    lol, thanks for pointing out my mistake. dint realize i wrote it with a O of course i meant to write "capital".

yeah, i know EC but dint see it in australia or even in hong kong. so the only option i have, even for paypal, is to use visa. in hong kong they use EPS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro...yment_Services

paypal does not offer this option either. so again visa.
    signature image

Driber, will you tell us for what you need that?

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaScofield View Post
    Ellie, how did you buy the first one if I may ask?
    Are you police or what??

@Metal: PayPal works with both Australian and Hong Kong banks. You don't need Visa to use PayPal where you live(d).

@Ellie: Not yet

I'm betting an OT. About time, too. (if you could use help maintaining it lmk)

If I may be so bold to suggest things, make sure you add the street dates and the variant covers as well. Sucks the Dark Horse only has the main cover when we know of at least two different variants for issue #1. It makes me wonder, has anyone seen a variant for issue #2?

^ An off topic?

More like official topic.

Never heard that abbreviation before

Thanks for the offer to help. Will keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    Sucks the Dark Horse only has the main cover when we know of at least two different variants for issue #1. It makes me wonder, has anyone seen a variant for issue #2?
    I wish they would have at least announced there would be alternate covers and made it obvious where you could get one. :\
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    @Metal: PayPal works with both Australian and Hong Kong banks. You don't need Visa to use PayPal where you live(d).

@Ellie: Not yet
    i think you misunderstood.
    the EPS card does not work with paypal. i have tried it out and and it rejected it.
    in australia i had a master card and its linked directly to my account. but i still chose visa in case something should happen, that i can block it immediately.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    i think you misunderstood.
    the EPS card does not work with paypal. i have tried it out and and it rejected it.
    in australia i had a master card and its linked directly to my account. but i still chose visa in case something should happen, that i can block it immediately.
    I wasn't talking about your EPS card. I was just saying that you can use PayPal with pretty much every major bank. So no matter where you live, you don't need a credit card to make purchases on eBay or any other site that uses PayPal

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I wasn't talking about your EPS card. I was just saying that you can use PayPal with pretty much every major bank. So no matter where you live, you don't need a credit card to make purchases on eBay or any other site that uses PayPal
    ah, i see now.
    well, i still stick with my visa card. when i buy things from ebay i use paypal anyway.
    signature image

Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast